[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theoretically, in an alternate universe, assuming Sega could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Sega.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sega.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
Theoretically, in an alternate universe, assuming Sega could actually get their shit together and wasn't incredibly autistic, do you think it would be physically possible for them to re-enter the hardware business and actually turn a profit? Imagine:
>base price of $300
>attractive and streamlined, but with just enough of a quirky design to look intriguing, black with some colorful accents, no nostalgia fanservice -- entirely new branding
>solid, ergonomic controller with no gimmicks
>console doesn't focus on raw power, but rather ease of programmability
>affords developers a slightly bigger cut of game sale proceeds than the competition, which, combined with being easy to code, incentivizes third party support
>online is free (or extremely cheap), and every user gets a free choice of, say, 5 older Sega titles to enjoy right off the bat, out of a catalog of 100 or so
>a few solid launch titles, with a focus on brand new Sega-developed IPs rather than rehashes of older Sega properties, although one or two classic series as well

Personally, I do not think Sega could actually pull this off, because to this day they cannot even figure out how to make a decent Sonic game. However, if they weren't retarded, the only way I could see this working is if they ditched the nostalgia factor (no "Dreamcast 2" bullshit), and basically re-invented themselves, while still providing the unique experiences they are known for. Could it be done?
>>
nah I only see them doing a SNES classic type thing
fucking sega should re-master some oldgames or reboot them like virtual on, billy hatcher or burning rangers
>>
No.

Nobody gives a fuck anymore, nobody wants a SEGA console

SEGA's future is to go bankrupt and have Nintendo buy up their assets
>>
>>386221375
>SEGA's future is to go bankrupt and have Nintendo buy up their assets
Nintendo itself is heading down the same road.
>>
>>386221454
I wish I ate enough paint chips to think like you do

how the fuck is Nintendo going down a bad path? The Switch is selling like crack and they're STILL making money off of Pokemon Go
>>
>>386220832
Sega no longer has a brand identity which is vital to them making a successful console.

Because they have almost no internal Dec teams, they can't make exclusive killer apps for any console they make.
>>
>>386221454
>Nintendo itself is heading down the same road.
hi neofaggot
>>
Sega abandoned themselves years ago, so who gives a fuck? It was sad to see them go from the absolute kings of the industry to a mediocre company, but I guess that's what happens when the arcade culture in Japan devolves into just shitty fightan crap and rhythm games.
>>
>>386221809
>I wish I ate enough paint chips to think like you do
I think your mother ate plenty while she was pregnant with you.

>how the fuck is Nintendo going down a bad path? The Switch is selling like crack and they're STILL making money off of Pokemon Go
The Switch is not "selling like Crack". This is typical Nintentard doublesided logic: first you say the console is selling like crack, then when somebody points out that the sales have already dropped below the PS4 (a 4 year old console), you default to saying "b-but Apple fucked them over!". Therefore, it isn't selling like crack, even if people want to buy, it isn't selling. In fact, it's doing slightly better than the WiiU did within the same time period. Why do you think Nintendo had to branch out into mobile gaming retard? They can't even keep their own hardware business afloat, they're desperately trying to adapt to a changing market that is quickly leaving them behind. It may not happen soon, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Nintendo drops the hardware business in the next 5 years or so. The fact they're already pushing their games on to handheld platforms that aren't their own is a telltale sign of where they are heading.
>>
I loved Sega but they haven't made a decent Sonic since Adventure 1. They sold their Dreamcast sequels to Xbox. Their biggest win was acquiring Creative Assembly but then they go and make Rome 2.

Luckily their classic compilations have been much better than whatever trash Konami and Capcom have put out.

Sega would be better off to have merged with Nintendo.
>>
>>386220832
Sega isn't relevant anymore. Not even normalfags care.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.