[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How you liking fortnite /v/? I've been playing all day after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

How you liking fortnite /v/? I've been playing all day after a friend of mine got the $160 version and gave me a free copy
>>
I remember when you paid $60 for a game and you got the whole thing.
>>
I love playing Overwa...Lawbreakers.
>>
>>386219809
Yea I dont like it either but this game has been a lot of fun so far. I've been dealt lucky where every EA game I've gotten has come out fully and had been good. But then I dont get very many
>>
>5 straight days of various Weapon Llamas that opened with a decent Super Weapon Llama
>Then 2 days of terrible People Llamas
>An even worse 11 for 10 Llama
>Now another People Llama
God, just put out a decent special Llama and stop begging people to waste it on useless garbage.
>>
>>386219930
It is seriously nothing like OW or LB in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>386219987
I thought an Early Access game is, by definition, not yet out fully?
>>
Good (unfinished) game ruined by f2p gambling.
>>
>>386219678
This entire game is raw skinnerbox that you have to pay for ATM to even play. Even paying for it you feel like a F2P'er.
>Tons of heros...that all play the same just unlock skills at different tiers or can't be upgraded past a selective tier, meaning the more rare versions are just flat out better overall.
>The stupid collectathon book that you can't even really fill up to any real amount due towards how you get drops
>The fucking LAMIAS. Fucking. Just everything about them. How few items you get unless one RNG's and upgrades. How few you get in general disallowing you much options in traps or gear for ages, and even then only really tossing you blues and greens.
>The upgrading for everything, more less the RNG for said upgrade tiers feels like your dice-rolling worse then in borderlands for 'decent' modifiers, at 1/100 the speed you could in that.
>Even then, again, anything under blue is useless, and everything is just a far better upgrade then the previous version. The only reason why blue's aren't useless is because they have cheap resource cost to craft when you're missing out on other resources.
>ON THAT NOTE. Gathering, resource collecting, it's all there to ensure when you do a stage, it'll take ~20 minutes per round of you just mindlessly banging on stuff to refill before burning on crafting traps for your base or making more weapons that will eventually break.
>I don't even want to talk about the time skinner that is the science trees, or the obtuse and retarded survivor system, or the god awful AI support system or...
This game is a fucking mess. I am not a bear. I am glad for it.
>>
I'll probably try it when it goes F2P

>buying a future F2P game

What do you even get for buying into it a year early?
>>
>>386220362
>buying into it
What they claim:
>The ability to help shape the game
What you get:
>A decent head-start and a few "We're sorry for letting the servers stay dead for 2 full days" Llama packs
I've been with it since Alpha. They never listen.
>People like the Hex map
>Replace it with a regular map, mediocre, some complaints, no return to good map
>Replace Turrets (craftable traps that shot at Husks from a great range) with Defenders, who not only require you give them a weapon (that they'll break), but also a fucking mountain of ammo that they use far too much of and will sit on their pad begging you for more until you deliver some or delete them, endless complaints of how useless they are (especially since they vanish if you get a human player who not only does more damage, but also uses ammo more efficiently, can make their own + weapons, and also have Skills for even more utility and damage) and want turrets back
>lolnope, never coming back
>People tell them how much better the customization system was for heroes compared to the locked-loadout Llama bullshit
>lolnope, never going back
>People tell them the game isn't ready for EA release (only 2 of the 4 major areas done)
>They release it anyway
>They can literally never fix the Llama issue now because Whales will pitch a fucking massive fit
>They could Wipe, but that would lead to Whale and no-life screeching even harder
>>
File: 20170802235214_1.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170802235214_1.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>386220362
Being a year ahead of everyone who didn't buy into it. Though I somehow get the feeling it's not even going to last that fucking long.
>>
>>386220142
Yea that's what I'm saying. The ones that i have gotten did come out fully. As in the devs finished it and did a good job. Off the top of my head Don't Starve and Prison Architect.
>>
>>386220709
>>386220723
Sounds like a shitshow lads
>>386220723
This especially, games normally go F2P to pick up the fledgling playerbase. Not the other way around
>>
I can't play it anymore, the sense of progression is almost zero
>>
>>386222802
There IS no progression really.
>You can't get better gear or heroes without llamas.
>As such the only payout's worth anything are llamas or credits to buy them
>Even then it's RNG if you even get anything worthwhile, and weapons have random modifiers, meaning you'll chances are need to keep getting that same blueprint till you get the one you want, or just deal with what random crap got thrown onto it
>Skilltree is worth crap past the first revision, as it's all micro boost from then on out + just unlocking slots for survivors, that in and of itself are just RNG micro boosts.
>The science tree is yet more fucking micro boost you can't even speed up, it's just a time gap short and simple.
Unless you whale up on llamas, don't expect to have fun, and after you do, don't expect to have goals in mind.
>>
League of Legends, Overwatch, Law Breakers, all that shit looks the same to me. aesthetically I can't get into it, everything else becomes unenjoyable due to that. This looks like more of the same.
>but gameplay

when I don't like looking at what's on the screen, it's kinda irrelevant.
>>
>>386219678
I don't get the appeal. It looks like the worst part of minecraft combined with orcs must die.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.