[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else find that they have trouble playing modern games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: robert-hodri-resops-05[1].jpg (634KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
robert-hodri-resops-05[1].jpg
634KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone else find that they have trouble playing modern games because of how cluttered the environments are?

I grew up playing 3D games on the N64 and old-ass PC shit, and this hasn't been a real problem until about this generation or maybe the previous generation of games. In old games it was easy to tell what you could interact with and where you could go at a glance. In modern games, it's so difficult to discern what you can and can't interact with without physically attempting it, unless it's a game like Breath of the Wild where literally everything can be interacted with.
>>
>>386215365
What? Fuck no, I don't have autism so why should this be a prob-

>Nintendork

Ah, explains it.
>>
File: 1499220254145.jpg (28KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1499220254145.jpg
28KB, 619x453px
>>386215365
>nintentoddler can't handle detailed environments
por babby
>>
>>386215365
Yep. I used to be way better at competitive shooters because I could just look for motion to find a target. Now you've got particles and moving shadows and HDR, etc.
>>
File: xP9UDAv5QaW7RtcxvL4UXW[1].jpg (484KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xP9UDAv5QaW7RtcxvL4UXW[1].jpg
484KB, 1920x1080px
>>386215478
>>386215602
I'm not even really a bit Nintendo guy these days, it was just the first example I could think of.

But look at something like this compared to the picture I linked above. You can grab pretty much all relevant information you need in a split second - where you can go, what's interactable and what isn't, you even know that that barrel in the corner can explode and will probably reveal a hidden path because -all- barrels can explode.
>>
>>386215887
Yeah no. Simple =/= better.

I can grab everything I need to know from the above. Green door means I get to continue killing in the next room, blue glowing thing is collectable, sideroom has ammo. Not hard to figure out and the atmosphere is topnotch thanks to it.

I paid $2000 for this rig, stop trying to simplify my graphics you loser.
>>
>>386216125
you overpaid.
>>
>>386216290
I paid exactly as much as I was willing to. Now give me more cluttered, super hi def enviroments
>>
>>386215743
Only if the developers are incompetent normiescum garbage peddlers.
>>
>>386216125
Okay, maybe Doom was a bad example, but I'm not trying to say detailed graphics = bad. There's just a very comparable difference between games that properly convey what you can and can't do to games that can't, and environment clutter seems to contribute to that a lot.
>>
>>386216359
you are very bad with money.
>>
>>386215365
In some games, yes
>>
>>386216570
Never noticed it being a problem. Clutter leads to a more believable world. I'd hate to see clutterless RPGs or anything that intends to even be slightly realistic have no clutter in the worldspace.

>>386216686
As long as I make it faster than I spend it then I don't really care. I've got like 500 Gundam figures around here and also regularly donate to the salvation army.
>>
>>386216570
Git gud
>>
>>386215365
Some games, sure. I know for an example I get caught on every fucking edge and corner in 343's halo games. Which is funny, considering they build literally every environment 2 or 3 sizes too big for what it is.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.