[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it like playing Atari 2600 games back in the day and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
What was it like playing Atari 2600 games back in the day and buying bad games without knowing about the reviews.
>>
>not playing Moon Master instead
I bet you fucking plebs couldn't even handle the Gorgatron
>>
>>386211926
for you.
>>
>>386211926
>playing 3d games
cute. Comeback when your playing 5000d games.
>>
>>386210404
I uhh, only played dungeons and dragons.
>>
File: You ahhh.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
You ahhh.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>386211926
Yeah enjoy being a moon mastah or whatever.

JUST STAY OUT OF MAH FREAKIN POOL!
>>
>He STILL doesn't own a OoGhiJ MIQtxxXA

It has the greatest console exclusive ever, The Legend of Xoltar AND it cures all diseases
>>
I will never not be pissed they cancelled it.
>>
Alrighty /v/, what's your favorite episode?
>>
>>386210404
I would imagine if you couldn't return it or pawn it off on some sap, you tried your best to ignore how bad ot was as form of purchase justification to avoid buyer's remorse.

Or at least that's what my family did
>>
>>386210404
Oldfag reporting in. It was a lot of fun, actually. Back then it was all about the gameplay and having fun with your friends. I spent many a night with my friends seeing who could get the high score on Asteroids, or playing head to head in Combat. Sadly though for every good game that game out like River Raid or Star Raiders, we got a Pac-Man or E.T. It was pretty hit or miss.

You relied on word of mouth more than reviews, as by the time the reviews came out chances are you already had the game. Oddly enough, buying an Activision game back then was a safe bet because of the quality rep they had.
>>
>>386216714
Just out of curiosity, do you ever look for games with nostalgia value? Are there any type of games that you miss?
>>
>>386214196
The one where Carl dies
>>
>>386217550
I do, actually. I've bought the Atari DS releases that had a lot of the their classic 2600 games as well as their arcade ones like Battlezone, and I have the Activision Anthology that has all their 2600-era games.

I miss the games that were not from Atari or Activision, though. Everyone and their dog were making games for the 2600, which is part of what caused the great crash, but there were a lot of good ones. Games like Defender, Berzerk, Vanguard, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Frogger.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>Yeah, but what he's saying is, how did WE get here
>I said that. THE MACHINE
>Yeah, but, THE MACHINE, doesn't work.
>>
>>386210404

Same as it was with everything you fucking twat waffle. It's like, you just went to your friend's house, and he had NHL 94 or something. You hated that fucking game but you loved hockey.

So it's like "YEAH THIS IS GREAT" while it's some dog shit and you are both playing something else twenty minutes later.
>>
>>386220024
Usually if we got a bad game on the 2600 you just let it float to the bottom of your collection, or you traded it to a friend. If you were really curious you took the case apart to see what it actually looked like inside.
>>
>>386210404
SOFA KING
>>
>>386214196
Bible Fruit
>>
Eh it was ok. We just played them anyway
>>
File: 452345.jpg (13KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
452345.jpg
13KB, 480x269px
>>386221041
WE TODD ED
>>
>>386210404
Man that guy just would not stop talking about his sister's dead baby.
>>
>>386220742

Yeah, but it's always the same thing in every generation. The game is good or it's not and otherwise go fuck your mother. I don't know why the fuck we're talking about bad games. Fuck yourself.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.