[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong that I find more fun and satisfaction in RE4's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Re4-inventory_1237334370.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Re4-inventory_1237334370.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
Is it wrong that I find more fun and satisfaction in RE4's inventory screen than in 95% of games?
>>
>>386209879
Autistic as fuck, dude. Calm the fuck down.
>>
>>386209879
It's almost a minigame of sorts. It's sort of fun, in its own way.
>>
Yes, it is wrong. Ultimately, the inventory screen is just busywork. There's no puzzle to fitting things right-- you just rotate shit until it fits, and if it doesn't you just combine some herbs. It doesn't fix anything about weird mentally-intrusive gameplay abstractions regarding, "How does he carry so many things?" It just raises a lot more questions (How does he carry all that weight without impeding his movement at all? Why can't I fit things in the gaps between squares such as those below the barrel of the pistol? Where does Leon keep his attache case? etc). Having to pop open the menu every time you want to change guns is also pretty ugly.

What exactly is the appeal to you?
>>
>>386209879
No, it just means RE4 has a good inventory system.
>>
File: WVW69idwKeEOqmDwZl.jpg (93KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69idwKeEOqmDwZl.jpg
93KB, 800x450px
my man
>>
>>386212297
I'm glad nu-Deus Ex has an auto sort option.
>>
>>386213370
What's the fucking purpose at that point?
That's like the game occasionally throwing you identical minute-long cutscenes of Jensen picking his toe-nails while a big indicator in the corner reads, "PRESS X TO SKIP." There's no reason for it.
>>
>>386213616
Because different items take up different amounts of space I guess.
>>
It's fun because it adds your own personal touch to it and figure out what's the best way to sort it your own way, each new item brings up a new situation you must solve in order to maximize efficient space, you'd be autistic if you had to look up a guide on how to organize inventory and just copy other people. The fun is figuring it out yourself until you are satisfied with those results.
>>
>>386209879
I wish more games had shit like this.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.