[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you shit on SFV or god forbid even want it to fail, you need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 583
Thread images: 93

File: sl30metrob.jpg (292KB, 770x500px) Image search: [Google]
sl30metrob.jpg
292KB, 770x500px
If you shit on SFV or god forbid even want it to fail, you need to fuck right off. You're cancer, and you're gonna end up killing off the FGC and killing fighting games. Like it or not, SF V and Capcom ARE the face of fighting games as a genre, and if that game dies, the genre itself dies with it. So quit being so fucking negative, and start supporting this game so the genre can continue on.

>I play anime/tekken so fuck you

Yeah well if SF dies, guess what? No more GG or Tekken is getting made, did you think of that shit?
>>
File: capcomfighting.png (335KB, 584x566px) Image search: [Google]
capcomfighting.png
335KB, 584x566px
>Capcom ARE the face of fighting games as a genre
Then why did they kill most of their fighting game franchises?
>>
w w w. twitch tv/videos/163985355?t=42m10s

Listen to this, the man spits some truth on your asses

>b-b-but /v/ isn't reddit

I seen the same bullshit negativity here on /v/ too concerning this game and people wanting it to fail and die.
>>
>>386205304
Fuck you, I don't want to support it. Take your shit and shove it back up your ass.
>>
>>386205485
How about you focus on SF and not old dead shit? How does shitting on SFV help when you'll be killing the last successful fighting game franchise?
>>
>>386205304
SFV is shit and 09er fighting games are a disgrace to the genre. Let it die, i've been playing the same games for 20 years anyway, you can't threaten me with the death of shit games that aren't worth playing anyway.
>>
>>386205304

It's not about people wanting it to fail

It's about wanting Capcom for to learn from their mistakes because SFV launched Fucking horrendously

And they are literally about to do the same shit to MvCI
>>
Who /Kappa/ here? Fuck James!
>>
>>386205714
So you want fighting games to die apparently. Fuck you asshole. It's easy for you to say that since you don't even play fighting games, you have no stake in this. if you dislike the game, fine, then fuck off and don't shit talk it. We don't need more negativity.
>>
>>386205784
>play this game I want you to play instead of the games you want to play!
>>
>fgc finally getting redpilled to capcoms kuckoldry.
>STOP IT. IF U NO LIKE SFV U NO PART OF FGC

L
O
L
>>
>>386205810
If it fails, the community and the genre dies. Listen to what james chen says:

>>386205680

Support the fucking community instead of all this negativity, the fuck do you gain from shitting on SFV?
>>
>>386205784
But I bet somehow magically all the old Street Fighters and Marvels don't count as "old dead shit," right?
>>
>>386205485
They had to die for Street Fighter to live, honor their sacrifice
>>
>>386205304
Fuck sfv and fuck esports. I welcome dark ages back into the fgc with arms wide open.

Esports ruined Capcom.
>>
>>386205485
This. Cyberbots just got casually disposed of.

One Must Fall at least is getting an open source reproduction.

It's incomprehensible how dardstalkers so forgotten now. Not even a spin off, except maybe some animu.
>>
>>386205915
If SFV fails, we go back to the dark ages of fighting games when the genre crashed and burned. So support it, be positive. Instead of saying SFV is shit, mention the good aspects of the game.
>>
>>386206039
>One Must Fall at least is getting an open source reproduction.
Shit, really? Who's making it?
>>
File: 1496458724296.gif (944KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496458724296.gif
944KB, 500x500px
I shit on it because I want it to be better. Give me one reason why I should stay silent when one of my favorite franchises is becoming a dumpster fire.
>>
>>386205304
I bet it's one dude that is making all these SFV bait threads.
>>
>>386206039
Maybe those games weren't as good as SF, ever think of that?
>>
>>386205784
Street fighting isn't a successful fighting game franchise. Everything but SF2 and 4 has under preformed. Tekken even has more sales, and plenty of devs make money from their games, crapcom is just greedy and cuts massive corners at the same time. Look at 40$HDremix reusing art assets from fucking Turbo revival on the GBA.

Fighting games are not as expensive to make as many other genres, it can be profitable with a nitche audience. I don't care about "pro-gamers" not being able to make a living off fighting games because they aren't popular enough to get them twitch views.
>>
Remember, don't talk about the fighting games you like, just complain about SFV.
>>
>>386206161
Darkstalkers at least was easily as good as SF and Marvel. Hell, it invented half of the conventions most SF and Marvel games use.
>>
>>386206107
Because if all that people see are endless posts about how the game is shit and trash, the game will DIE. It dying means fighting games as a genre die, and the fgc dies. People like Maximillian are making this shit worse, I get that he wants the game to improve, but all he's doing is spreading negativity.
>>
>>386206075
Dark ages were comfy. People weren't huge sissies, there were no shills, there were no arrogant online warriors, fighting games were solid all around and smash kiddies did not attempt to coexist with it.

Fuck it. Bring back dark ages.
>>
>>386206075
There was never a dark age of fighting games. 2002-2007 was the golden age of competitive play, and plenty of non-capcom fighters especially 3D fighters were released. they just didn't flood the market like in the 90s.
>>
>>386206167
>Fighting games are not as expensive to make as many other genres

Bullshit. A single character even in a lower budget indie fighter like Skullgirls cost over a MILLION dollars to create.
>>
>>386206280
I don't give a flying fuck about 15 or so people trying to make a living off of fighting games. I just want the "main" fighting game of the fgc to be good again and that will never happen Unless esports dies
>>
>>386206338
>and plenty of non-capcom fighters especially 3D fighters were released.

All of them except Tekken sucked though. So what was so great about it? Capcom IS the genre. watch the twitch vid, James Chen explains what happened in the early 90s and how the genre almost died.
>>
>>386206263
They only people making it worse is capcom. They are giving every advantage in the world but are too cheap, unskilled and misguided to make good fighting games.
>>
SFV sucks, I'm glad it's failing. People are even defecting to KOF which was on life support for the past decade.
>>
File: 1467906711186.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467906711186.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
sfv is complete dogshit. i dont see how sfv failing would mean tekken dies. sf players and tekken players are totally different crowds. the only sf players that play tekken are the ones who quit because they hate sfv and decided to pick up tekken 7 because its actually good.

i love sf. 3rd strike is my favourite game ever. but sfv is such a fucking piece of shit, i dont think i'll ever play it again, or even watch anyone play it. everything about it is ugly and slow and dumbed down and boring and awful. i'm still surprised by how much i hate it. it really is complete garbage.
>>
File: 1498420182533.png (192KB, 362x507px) Image search: [Google]
1498420182533.png
192KB, 362x507px
>>386206263
>Because if all that people see are endless posts about how the game is shit and trash, the game will DIE.
The Street Fighter franchise is one of Capcom's biggest money makers. If SFV dies, then chances are they'll just either completely retool SFV to be better and fix the glaring issues, or work on another sequel with the same pretense. And if the game dies, who the fuck cares? That doesn't make the game disappear. Nothing will be able to stop you from playing the game you like.
>>
>>386205304
How dare you use James Chen's face for your shitty thread.
>>
>>386206481
>Capcom IS the genre
But you already said most Capcom fighters (i.e. the non SF and Marvel ones) are irrelevant. If you want to say "SF and Marvel," just say "SF and Marvel" for God's sake.
>>
>>386205304
yeah, james is wrong on this one.

mk and tekken were doing fine with sf re-releases. and anime is only getting more popular. still, it would be a blow to the scene, particularly EVO.

only a faggot would WANT a game to fail. a game should succeed or fail on its own merit, not because people base their lively hood on it or autists on the internet don't like. Maybe that would be the case with SF5, or maybe Capcom will keep on pumping money into it's corpse.
>>
>>386206481
Fuck off shill.

>>386206356
because MikeZ wanted high end sprite art. good Sprite artists are a dying breed, and those that remain charge an arm and a leg. It's why everything like mighty number 9, and bloodstained is 2.5D shit.
>>
>>386206645
SF IS Capcom. SF IS the genre.
>>
>>386205304
I hate to say it, but you're right.

And Capcom has already demonstrated that they're not the type of company to become introspective and try to figure out what *they* did wrong if one of their games ends up failing. They're not going to do it. They'll just assume that there isn't demand for the game and so they'll stop making sequels.
>>
>>386205874
For one thing, I don't fucking trust Capcom, I ain't gonna be clutching to them for dear life in any situation.

I would want an arcade stick for some alternative gaming platform.

There were countless fighting games out there. Being unable to picture any other developments is deranged.
>>
>>386206280
>smash kiddies did not attempt to coexist with it.
son, evo may have brought melee back from the depths, but melee damn sure doesn't need the fgc.

anyway, OP is a capcum guzzling fagstick. SFV sucks, their business model is garbage, and the only thing they have going for them is supporting the community via pro tours, which at this point seems to exist just for PR purposes. nothing about them is good.
>>
>>386206656
>only a faggot would WANT a game to fail. a game should succeed or fail on its own merit

If a game is succeeding and doesn't have merit it deserves to fail. You don't actually think the cream always rises to the top do you?
>>
>>386206280
>smash kiddies did not attempt to coexist with it.
yes they did. they try not to co-exist with now, considering that theyre bigger
>>
>>386206075
>Instead of saying SFV is shit, mention the good aspects of the game.

Is this a fucking religion/cult?
>>
Fuck SFV and fuck you. The same strand of blind fan boy autism that you have is the same that spread across the barbarian goat fucking Germans in WWII. V is shit that Capcom literally thought they could get away with serving us without facing any negative ramifications. THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR THIS! You should be ashamed of your comments and actions. I mean I swear to FUCK that it was the on the same level as the pile of shitty early access games flooding steam. At least most of them don't have the audacity to ask for $60.
>>
>>386206798
no it´s not
>>
>>386206101
Fans, experimentationist coders, and so on. Who can really say, the whole paradigm of such projects is that they can end up forked into various things.
>>
Capcom is going through a period where they're making bland games. SFV is still decent enough. But 4 was way better.

It's at this time that we should embrace other games. Maybe SF6 will be better.
>>
>>386206851
Fuck off smelly melee fag. You retards were all banned from tourments because you never showered and were disorganized as fuck with your crts and shit. Smash players also never interacted with any other community, unlike the other fighting game players. The fact that smash players aren't laughed out of every venue is the biggest sign the FGC has sold out and is dead corporate shit.
>>
>>386205680
go back to /fgg/ please
>>
>>386206737
Sprite art is a waste of time and money when SF4 and 5 show 3d can do it just fine or even better. Shit like Uniel and Blazblue and Persona seem pointless, you can't even give characters new costumes with sprites.
>>
Oh fuck I just realized OP might be right since [H A T E R S W I L L B E L E F T B E H I N D]
>>
File: punpun.png (492KB, 511x521px) Image search: [Google]
punpun.png
492KB, 511x521px
daily reminder that if you play SFV you're a competitive drone.
go play a actual good fighter game like Tekken 7 or guilty gear shit even KoF even though it looks like shit.
>>
Did xykes make this thread?
>>
>>386207210
I fucked up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT_HabKBp84

SFV and infinite can eat a dick. I would always wish capcom the best but if they don't help then there's noting I can do
>>
File: 1490042802049.jpg (3KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1490042802049.jpg
3KB, 245x245px
capcom should die and street fighter should too

sell the ip to sony so we can see faithful reproductions because they clearly don't give a shit about anything that isn't monster hunter. op sucks cocks.
>>
You know what? I'm not finished here. This game gave me severe depression. I loved the street fighter franchise to death and was really looking forward to V. But I was betrayed. Listen, I have a shitty life. I have to work my ass from 8-6 every day accept Sunday. I have to go home and eat shitty food, fuck my ugly wife and be in bed by 9PM. But you know what's the worst part of it all? Waking up at night and seeing that shitty copy of street fighter 5 laying in my bedroom. It's taunting me, telling me to kill myself.
Sometimes I get out of bed and serisouly consider it. It's a battle of every night. Fuck what Capcom did to me. THEY SHOULD BE SUED
>>
File: 1361066962638.gif (708KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1361066962638.gif
708KB, 260x146px
>>386205304
The FGC only cares about SF and to a lesser extent MvC. The irony is that the FGC is anything but due to this narrow obsession with such a small subset of an entire genre. It'd actually be a good thing if they died and something better rose from the ashes.

This idea that the FGC is needed for the continuing success of fighters is part of their circle-jerky nature, they do unironically believe that they're important and help keep the genre alive, it's fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>386207206
2.5D looks like ass for every genre. SF4 and V looks like ass. the style is an abomination that only existed because of the 3D novelty craze where casuals shit looking 3D games looked better than 2D games. Sprite art needs a Renascence and devs need to get off the crutch 3D modeling gives them.
>>
>>386207000
No, it's called quit being fucking negative an trying to cause a "TORtantic" with SFV, because it WILL have dire consequences. SF V dying can mean no more anime fighters either, you want that shit? Those games already sell like shit and barely have players, and that's with the genre still alive due to SF. SF dying means anime dies as well. Listen to what James Chen says, like it or not, SF keeps the genre alive currently and has forever. We're not at the point yet where we can let SF die safely. Get to that point first, then if SF dies, fine, it dies. Wanting SF to die right now is like being on a ship with a guy at the helm and trying to cut his throat, when you have no lifeboats to escape the ship as it sinks.
>>
>>386207227
Daily reminder you are a nobody. Youre opinion has less than zero value and.Should keep youre null value opinion in your stupid skull.
>>
>>386205304
fuck you, fuck james chen, fuck capcom, and fuck street fighter. i'll do what i want.
>>
>>386207516
>a capkuck's desperate attempt at damage control
>>
>>386205304
I've been a SF and MvC fag for about 15 years

Right now I'm playing GG, BB, SG, MKX, IJ2, MvC3, and SFIV, while looking forward to DBFZ and *MAYBE* MvCI (since people are saying it plays waaaaaay better than initially let on).

SFV is shit and shouldn't be supported. I bought it. Played it for months. Defended fight money. Defended the lack of content. Defended the frame delay. Defended the simplicity. Defended everything.

But then I realized I wasn't even having fun.

Even MKX and IJ2, with how much less technical they are, are *fun*

SFV is garbage, sorry mate
>>
>>386207558
what did james chen do?
>>
>>386207470
Honestly, I wish they'd go the arcsys route and make SF look like Xrd. It'd be the perfect way to actually evolve the visuals with modern technology instead of the horrible gorilla art style they've gone with.
>>
>>386207431
>This idea that the FGC is needed for the continuing success of fighters is part of their circle-jerky nature, they do unironically believe that they're important and help keep the genre alive, it's fucking embarrassing.

Yeah, the people who buy Skullgirls and Uniel to stare at pantyshots are the real reason why fighters still get made!
>>
That's what you retards get for thinking (((expanding the audience))) was more important than good gameplay. I and quite a few others were calling this shit out in 4, and shit got crazy with early V footage, but retards would cry that it wasn't finished yet instead of putting up an uproar so things would actually get changed.
>>
>>386207607
This rant here:
>>386205680

He blew kappa and /v/ the fuck out
>>
File: Naotoface.png (143KB, 423x327px) Image search: [Google]
Naotoface.png
143KB, 423x327px
>>386206604
>i love sf. 3rd strike is my favourite game ever. but sfv is such a fucking piece of shit
Why do you like Third Strike? Why do you fucking people harp on and on about how amazing Third Strike is? What the fuck is good about the game?

Is it the combos?
Because SF4 has longer and more technical combos (and every character gets them instead of just Makoto, Yun, Chun, Urien).
Is it the parrying?
Because parrying ruins zoning, neutral and fundamental 2D fighting game staples.
Is it the Roster?
People wanted Street Fighter 2 characters back so bad that they all just stuck to playing Alpha.
Is it the Diago Parry?
Fucking probably. You fucking tools see one video of a "hype" parry moment in Third Strike and shit your pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEcXcBvQOgk

Third Strike Online Edition was going to be a more balanced Street Fighter 3: 4th Strike but you faggots who never played the game ruined it.
>>
>>386206942
>maybe Capcom will keep on pumping money into it's corpse.
marketing for million dollar corporations will do more work than people talking shit on the internet.(figure heads like max and aris arent just people) being a capcbro is fucking retarded, but retards put more effort on saying how much shit sf5 is when they could be playing video games(i only go on /v/, so please enlighten me on other places)

ignore street fighter. capcom will keep on doing it's thing, and people who enjoy it should continue having fun. i don't find merit in the game, so i won't contribute in it's success.
>>
>>386207625
That "horrible gorilla" art IS how SF is supposed to look.

>>386207705
The gameplay is fine, just needs a few tweaks, that's all. People sitting around saying it sucks all the time are the real problem and need to be dealt with.
>>
>>386207487
"Anime fighting" was fucking born during the "dark ages" when SF was dead. It's completely separate form SF and always has been.
>>
>>386207719
>Because parrying ruins zoning, neutral and fundamental 2D fighting game staples.

It didn't in Melty Blood.
>>
>>386207625
Xrd doesn't look good either. it's all smoke and mirrors shit to try to compensate for how shit 2.5D is. arcsys can be forgiven though because their games sell like shit so the cost of good sprites is too high and they made the best of a bad situation. capcom has no excuse.
>>
>>386207717
oh yeah this shit. I gotta agree with james chen on this. Kappa and /v/ are the part of the FGC that like to drink their own semen.
>>
>>386207820
No, it isn't cucking separate. You think Blazblue and GG will keep getting made when SF fucking dies? Those games are already on thin ice, SFV dying will smash the lake open and plunge them straight into the icy cold depths.
>>
>>386207717
>James Chen has a deep personal stake in capcoms success
>shills for his dear life

Am I supposed to even click this garbage? Pass.

SFV and Capcom can eat dick for these half baked games. I'll do glad the FGC is slowly becoming redpilled.

REMINDER SFV SAW A FIFTY (50), (100/2) PERCENT DROP IN ATTENDEES AT EVO 2017 COMPARED TO EVO 2016. even though sfvs numbers are still better that usf4's, you can't ignore a FIFTY percent drop. SFV IS a flash in key the pan.
>>
>>386207894
Street fighter is like a sugar daddy. It´s ugly as fuck and plays like shit but you need it to live.
>>
>>386206161
Who cares? That did mean that Capcom felt okay with exploiting the franchise with 4 minute extensions of SF2, SF2 the movie - the game, and another one, three Street fighter Ex titles, and collosal dumpster crossover crap with just with just so damn many characters that they probably couldn't even possibly be balanced, They had something that stfuck such a massive chord once, nobody would get discontent if it didn't do anything good anymore and just hung to it purely for echoes of what it was.
>>
>>386207949
>You think Blazblue and GG will keep getting made when SF fucking dies?
They were first created when SF was dead, moron.
>>
The gameplay is abysmal you dumb scrub. V needs a revision on the level of alpha 3 to be good. balance tweaks and a new V-trigger/super/arcade mode will not fix a fundamentally shallow game.

you don't even deserve a (you) shill.
>>
>>386207962
>I'll do glad
I'm so glad****
>>
>>386206075
>SF dead with 3
>Guilty Gear comes out
>3D fighting thriving
>Smash doing its own thing
>MvC2 still going strong enough
The genre didn't crash and burn
Street Fighter did
>>
File: 1468644626664.jpg (124KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468644626664.jpg
124KB, 750x1000px
>>386205304
You're absolutely right. The problem with Kappa it's filled with a lot of tryhard teenagers who have the worst case of the mob mentality.

One person will chirp, the others will do the same. In this case it's, "SFV sucks! It's imbalanced!" And you ask them why they do not go into specifics they'll just say, "Shit gaem! Shit story!" and don't even explain why.

Kappa works just like 4chan, most of you mother fuckers don't even conjure up your own personal opinion. You treat /v/ as your Contrarian mother base of all opinions so you can be a super cool hipster gamer thinking you're highly educated on video games.

I just don't trust peoples opinions anymore, especially when it comes to gaming. There's too many retards who suck up and regurgitate the same shit over and over again without merit.
>>
>>386205680
This is so accurate it's painful.

If you think Capcom's death would save Guilty Gear you are an idiot. Tekken and anime games will never be as popular as Street Fighter, because none of them are remotely as accessible. Street Fighter is the only game where a new player can hop in, spend two hours practicing Ryu's DP, and then jump online and develop a feel for the game. No matter how many tutorials you add in games like Guilty Gear or Tekken, new players are going to face a much steeper technical barrier to be able to play at a minimal level.

ArcSys games aren't dead online because worse games attract more attention, they're dead because they do everything possible to scare off new players. ArcSys loads its characters with gimmicks and assets to play around with, which encourages player creativity and looks cool on paper, but also produces disgusting setplay and okizeme. Plenty of totally reasonable people don't want to play a game with Arakune, and nothing turns away new players like having to block for thirty seconds because they fucked up four seconds of neutral. And if you want a Tekken game to blow up, you're going to have to create something like Tekken with a manageable move list.

There is a reason most Guilty Gear "fans" don't actually play their game, and most Street Fighter fans actually do, and it's not just relative popularity. Street Fighter does a good job as a gateway fighting game, and the FGC would be almost nonexistent without it.
>>
File: 1348015443706.jpg (34KB, 530x401px) Image search: [Google]
1348015443706.jpg
34KB, 530x401px
>>386205304
Fuck off, Chen. I couldn't care less if fighting games became mainstream e-sports like dota and overwatch. Actually, I would prefer that it didn't. I like games with depth, and that's always the first thing to go with as far as this e-sports shit is concerned. You're just starting to sweat because your relevancy is on the line with SFV's success.
>>
>>386208168
>>386208176
>>386205304

is samefagging a bannable offense?
>>
>>386207892
Xrd looks amazing, and looks better than any of the current sprite anime fighters like Uniel and shit like that. If anything I wish Uniel would get made with 3d models like xrd is.
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-04_21-38-14.png (107KB, 709x746px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-04_21-38-14.png
107KB, 709x746px
>>386208253
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>386207807
>That "horrible gorilla" art IS how SF is supposed to look.
Maybe from SF3 onward. But SF2 looked like this.
>>
File: 1374616298033.jpg (111KB, 1023x574px) Image search: [Google]
1374616298033.jpg
111KB, 1023x574px
>>386206656
I want SFV to fail only if Capcom is insistent on keeping the game the way it is. Namely a low skill ceiling risk management guessing game with little defensive and neutral tools with no room for creativity or execution.

If this shitfest has to go on for the genre to grow, I don't want it to. Because whatever direction this game takes fighting games if it does to well can't be good.
>>
>>386208253
If only.

This is definitely James coming here because on reddit he'd get (rightfully) downboated.

Fuck. Off. James. Chen. Go cry some more over literally nothing
>>
>>386208226
>I like games with depth, and that's always the first thing to go with as far as this e-sports shit is concerned.

Explain dota 2 then?
>>
>>386208376
nice edit
>>
>>386207807
>That "horrible gorilla" art IS how SF is supposed to look.
Not really. SF2 wasn't a very pretty game in terms of art style, I'll agree with you there, but Alpha and 3rd Strike were. Really the majority of SF games ever released have not looked that way, and the vast majority of Capcom fighters haven't.
>>
>>386207962
>REMINDER SFV SAW A FIFTY (50), (100/2) PERCENT DROP IN ATTENDEES AT EVO 2017 COMPARED TO EVO 2016. even though sfvs numbers are still better that usf4's, you can't ignore a FIFTY percent drop. SFV IS a flash in key the pan.

alright, ill acknowledge it
hmmm....
>why would a game see a 50% drop at the largest event???
>obviously theres less interest, but why???
>is it because it's less popular????????
sure. yes sf5 is less popular
>is it because its not THE BRAND SPANKING NEW STREET FIGHTER HOLY SHIT I GOOTA GOT OT THIS YEARS ECO
this seems like a more likely candidate
>>
>>386208226
What? If you made a game more competitive because of the eSports community you're putting on more pressure for the developers to balance out the game even further.

Competitive gaming is part of video games origins, it's like literally 80 percent of gaming all stems from competitive gaming.

Also, 2020 will have billions of dollars circulating through the competitive gaming scene. It's going to help the industry on such a massive scale we'll truly see some great hits coming out.
>>
>>386208376
>what is posting from multiple devices
>what is editing html
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 267x189px
>>386208512
>the damage control
>>
>>386208176
>Street Fighter is the only game where a new player can hop in, spend two hours practicing Ryu's DP, and then jump online and develop a feel for the game. No matter how many tutorials you add in games like Guilty Gear or Tekken, new players are going to face a much steeper technical barrier to be able to play at a minimal level.

This. Uniel is fucking hell.

>load game up
>wow this girl with the bigass katana looks awesome
>pick her
>impossible to combo with her
>special moves are annoying to do within combos and require insane timing
>uninstall game to play SF V
>>
>>386208176
>Tekken and anime games will never be as popular as Street Fighter, because none of them are remotely as accessible
Tekken 7 outsold SF5
TTT2 outsold SF5
SF5 really didn't do so well and Capcom still hasn't fixed it yet

If SF goes then all that really goes is large cash prizes in tournaments and the FGC obviously doesn't only care about tournaments
And tournaments would still happen even without SF
>>
>>386208482
I don't like MOBAs, but if I did I would play that one.
>>
File: 1339727614586.jpg (173KB, 1212x823px) Image search: [Google]
1339727614586.jpg
173KB, 1212x823px
>>
>>386208385
Guess what bro? This aint the 90s anymore.
>>
>>386208529
Esports makes the games less competitive. balance=/= competitive merit.
>>
>>386208534
>>386208497
It's not my responsibility for you to think like a retard. Believe whatever you want to believe inside that empty skull of yours.
>>
>>386208712
Well they're not interchangeable, no, but balance is certainly a key quality in a competitive game.
>>
>>386208643
SFV had more people showing up to tournies though.

>muh sales

I guess Justin Bieber is the greatest musician of our time then
>>
i don't want it to fail but i think capcom does considering all of their decisions so far
>>
>>386208529
I didn't say anything about balance. If anything thats one of the worst parts about e-sports cancer. Shallow games with monthly balance patches that simply rotate which characters you see on screen and which get shelved until the next monthly balance patch. I definitely don't want that for fighting games and SFV would likely take the genre in that direction if it could.
>>
>>386208764
You even type with the same salty vitriol as OP lol.
>>
File: 1501531281452.png (2MB, 2161x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1501531281452.png
2MB, 2161x1363px
>New fighting games come out like every month.
>Tekken still going strong
>Dead or Alive still here
>Guilty Gear still here
>Dragonball FighterZ coming
>All the other niche anime fighting games
>Injustice 2 and Mortal Kombat
>People unironically believe the competitive fighting game scene can't survive without Capcom
>>
>>386208712
You're literally explaining nothing. the eSports community extract every little fucking detail about what makes a game balanced. If they find a strand of hair in their soup they will pull it out one by one and explain the strands on why this Champion is overpowered, why this Champion does this.. There's a glitch. If it's not fixed they will be bitched at eternity.. Just look at Steam reviews look how nitpicky they are.

eSports does not have room for imbalance.
>>
>>386208813
False. LoL became full esports and is actually balanced WORSE than it was years ago. All they do is ruin characters and do shitty reworks that fuck up their gameplay.
>>
>>386206075
>if you don't support the company that is fucking me in the asshole right now, this type of genre will die!
>>
>>386208253
You're a childish retard. OP's post was clearly satirical.

>>386208632
UNIEL honestly isn't that bad for beginners, ArcSys designed games are much worse.

>>386208643
Sales is damn near divorced from entry into competitive play.

Mortal Kombat might sell well, but the vast majority of its players have nothing whatever to do with the fighting game community.

It's easy to mash buttons and do okay in Tekken, but actually learning the game at an even intermediate level is exceptionally hard. Tekken has a viable sales model but its tournament scene is always going to be much, much smaller than its casual playerbase.
>>
>>386208880
Funny of those games the only ones that even sell are NRS garbage, and people only play them for like a month then drop that shit. Anime and Tekken have NO PLAYERS.
>>
They way I´m seeing things is that SFV is crucial for the FGC because it´s the easiest game to start at. If someone that´s new to fighting games tries to pick another fighter like for example GG it´s gonna be hell for them cause they´re gonna be bombarded with a ton of mechanics and shit. SFV is a good entry point with it´s low ceiling n shit. But that´s doesn´t mean it´s a good game, not even close. The only reason it´s so popular it´s because it´s a SF game and so sponsors will cling onto it.
>>
>>386208854
I haven't been able to find it since, but I could have sworn that back when SFV was still a ways off and Capcom was revealing info about it, in the same announcement where they said updates would always be free and there would be no "Super SFV" they also said that their philosophy with balance patches would be strengthening weak characters as opposed to nerfing strong ones.

I really wish they had stuck to that.
>>
>>386208910
IF FF XV dying meant jrpgs never got made again, would you want it to die then?
>>
>>386208813
Only true for extreme balance issues. Games with sufficient depth allow better players to win even if characters are worse, due to the nature of having more levels of player skill. Obviously better balance is better, but it is not a deciding factor at all.
>>
>>386209014
>Funny of those games the only ones that even sell are NRS garbage
They sell well enough to justify the production of more.
>Anime and Tekken have NO PLAYERS.
lol
>>
>>386208854
>I didn't say anything about balance.
What? Am I not allowed to speak my opinion? Do I have to bow down to Sir Prince Anon and ONLY talk about balance ONLY if you bring it up?

>If anything thats one of the worst parts about e-sports cancer. Shallow games with monthly balance patches that simply rotate which characters you see on screen and which get shelved until the next monthly balance patch

You're explaining literally nothing. "IT'S SHALLOW MONTHLY PATCHES REEE." You're making retarded generalized statements that hold zero meaning.
>>
>>386208168
Most kappafags are almost incapable of explaining what they're saying or providing examples, but there are plenty of legitimate complaints to lodge against SFV.

I have to admit I can't understand them. They've spent literally two years taking potshots at Capcom for upvotes, I get sick of it in like ten minutes.
>>
>>386209083
Yes. JRPGs are fucking awful.
>>
>>386208874
>You even type with the same salty vitriol as OP lol.

Maybe just maybe there's some people out there who agree with OP? If I wanted to samefag I'd dumb down my grammar and space out my sentences if I truly wanted to. I'm not a moron.
>>
>>386208956
OP is probably from eventscrubs or some shit. They actually believe this.
>>
>>386209039
Yeah, they made a lot of promises and the game turned out to be shallow gorilla "go ham or go home" shit. I already moved on but I also don't want this to be the future of the genre. I would almost rather it not have a future at all. Should a hypothetical dark ages come again where fighting games are obscure and tournament entrants are low across the board, there's always a chance that a new game will come out and bring it all back. SFV does too well and this is what we're getting from here on out. Fuck that.
>>
>>386206075
im not getting paid to shill for them my dude, so you can fuck right off with that noise. I odnt support what I don't like, its pretty simple.
>>
>>386209083
Yeah, because only Square Enix makes JRPGs, right?
>>
>>386209215
They definitely don't, you're just an idiot from reddit who can't detect sarcasm if it isn't followed up with /s.
>>
>>386208819
People say that without SF the FGC dies
There's clearly more people supporting Tekken than SF in all ways except at pro tournaments

Can you really call it the FGC if they only play one specific game and would leave immediately without it?

If so then why aren't people bringing up Melee into this debate whenever it comes up?
>>
>>386205957
I hope to gain better games in the future. What the fuck do you hope to gain by shilling? Another chance to shovel Capcom's shit in your mouth?
>>
>>386208909
>False. LoL became full esports and is actually balanced WORSE than it was years ago. All they do is ruin characters and do shitty reworks that fuck up their gameplay.

This is so wrong. There's professional LoL players who've been playing since Season 1 and they've been able to adapt after patch after patch. It isn't hard to adapt to the new updated changes and most of them were required to keep it balanced.

"Wah! My Champion has been nerfed I cannot be a cheap faggot and go 420noscope on them! WAH!!!"

Face it, you're just like the rest of the faggots who lost and gave up and instead of being a man you just blame the game.
>>
>>386208880
> Tekken still going strong

Tekken 7 was total marketing hot air for the first two years. I love watching a game take up space at EVO that next to nobody outside of Japan and South Korea can play.
>>
>>386209325
but who atracts sponsors more? Tekken or SF?
>>
>>386209393
>defending LOL

go back
>>
>>386207306
>infinite
Dont even get me started on that bullshit. If SFV and MvCI are what we get when fighters are in the spotlight, then maybe we need another "dead period" to gain some fucking perspective.
>>
>>386209325
>If so then why aren't people bringing up Melee into this debate whenever it comes up?

Because Melee babies wouldn't be popular without the FGC. We denied them time and time again but they weasled their way into it and we didn't welcome them in open arms. Without the FGC Melee scene would be nothing.
>>
>>386207649
You can insult whatever games you want, that's pretty common behavior among the FGC, but that doesn't make you guys any less a bunch of insular shit-eaters. Something to think about: if people didn't buy Skullgirls, then it wouldn't have continued to be developed. I don't know why you'd shit on a game that actually had a devoted fan base that helped support it. If you actually gave a shit about fighting games then I can't imagine you'd be so hostile, but that just feeds into my prior point that you guys only care about Capcom fighters.
>>
>>386209457
LoL is a fun fucking game. There's a reason why it's one of the most popular games in the world at the moment. Explain that?
>>
>>386209436
Is the FGC only about sponsors and e-sports?
I always figured it was the community that played the game and played against one another and met up to compete

If it's only the money you're talking about then yeah I guess SF has larger cash prizes
>>
>>386205957
>LISTEN TO JAMES COMMUNIST CHINK CHEN YOU KEKS OR WE DIE
>FGC IS A COMMUNE YOU KEK
>>
File: 01_evonum01.jpg (46KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
01_evonum01.jpg
46KB, 500x300px
>>386208628
im a smashfag, without a horse in this race. please keep that L to yourself, animequeer
>>
>>386209483
melee doesn´t need to FGC to survive
>>
I can tell you what the real problem with anime fighters is. It's how they look and play. SF games are more grounded, no air combos and air dashing and all that shit, and the characters and setting don't feel so Japanese, it's more urban. Third Strike was the best SF game because it felt real urban and hood, like the characters, the stages, the rap music and shit like that. Anime needs to be more urban to succeed. Like Uniel can get rid of some of the faggy guy characters, add some buff martial artists dudes with tribal tats, have stages with some graffiti on the,, some rap music, make the girls more slutty looking, and give it that urban flava. Too many anime games have these fucking prim and proper girls looking like fucking princesses and queens and shit.

This is what WE want:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAYaVMsUkeo
>>
>>386209551
> There's a reason why it's one of the most popular games in the world at the moment. Explain that?

reddit
>>
>>386209393
They nerf champions based on how many idiots whine about them on the reddit sub. Fucking Syndra got ruined, she does no damage now. and is riddled with bugs and glitches(gamebreaking ones like her orbs floating off the screen and shit). Kindred is garbage after the endless nerfs, Aatrox is getting reworked after they assfucked him, and now Yasuo is getting a massive rework/nerf soon because whiny kids who feed him cried so much.
>>
>>386209571
Then they should fuck off. The game is fucking tired. It's completely figured out. Nothing about it is gonna chance.
>>
>>386209126
Your opinion is shit and had nothing to do with anything we were talking about. You're allowed to be a dumbass if you want, but don't move goalposts. Your "REEE" memeing doesn't have any meaning either than showing how booty blasted you are either.

But I'll explain myself further anyway. Frequent balance patches are bad for fighting games because they cease development of tech for the characters. Say a top tier character has this really easy and cheap vortex. If the vortex simply gets patched out, maybe that character is garbage now and nobody plays him anymore. Adversely, you could let the game actually develop for a year and maybe people will find out option selects or tech to deal with it, or maybe different tech with another character will be discovered that beats that first character in neutral.

People need time to discover shit is all I'm saying. Kneejerk balance patches only make players gravitate to characters that are obviously strong and prevent people from being creative. Although this is kind of a moot point because SFV doesn't even really have option selects because they get patched out and it has next to no defensive mechanics. lol.
>>
>>386205304
>you're gonna end up killing off the FGC
Then let it die, you think these shitty and half ass releases are okay?
>>
>>386209551
>There's a reason why it's one of the most popular games in the world at the moment. Explain that?

It's free and everyone has five smurfs.
>>
>James Chen calls out Maximilian_Dood, cancerous faggots on the internet who LARP as Guilty Gear players, and a piece of shit subreddit
>/v/ gets mad at James Chen
lmao
>>
>>386209521
>I don't know why you'd shit on a game that actually had a devoted fan base that helped support it.

I'd be ashamed knowing I made a game whose fanbase can't play fighters for shit and only plays the game to stare at thighs, tits, and panty shots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfemN9fET6I
>>
>>386205304
there are more than enough high tier fighting games now that if there were an FGC crash we wouldn't suffer very much waiting for it to recover. There aren't even enough hours in the day to get good at all the most current polished fighting games out there.

The mainstream media focus has done nothing to improve FGC, if anything it's done serious harm, driving marketers at Capcom to push for lowering the skill barrier to accommodate retards

SFV getting lots of viewers doesn't do fuck all for the game itself which has only sold 200k copies since launch (that's deader than dead by most metrics, interest-wise). It's sold like piss because the game fucking sucks. Don't support Capcom because we don't need them anymore and their anti-consumer bullshit sucks and should not be defended

why would anyone defend the game when even the players who have to play it all the time to maintain their careers fucking hate it and consider it a step down for the series?
>>
>>386209735
>They nerf champions based on how many idiots whine about them on the reddit sub.

No, that's not how it works. You do realize Riot Games have MASSIVE centers spanning the entire world? There's Riot Korea, Riot China, all spread throughout the world, they get player feedback from all sources, yes reddit, but it's not the only place where they get player feedback. They send out polls, questions, and concerns via email and even their official forums.

You also have in-house mathematicians who dictate stats, abilities and how that Champion works against this Champ, how much they work together.. Oh, here's this item that synchronizes well, oh, that's way too powerful combined..

They have PBE to even test out new builds. It's not just plebbit.
>>
>>386209830
>implying that Chen isn't the most cancerous faggot
He basically just ousted himself as a biased caster that wants to silence anyone that's being too negative about his daddy Capcom.
>>
>>386209483
>evo 2013
>the smash brothers documentary
>project m 3.0
>smash 4
it was the perfect storm, get over yourself
>>
>>386209737
It´s always nice to have a spot at EVO tho.
>>
>>386209843
People go to Skullgirls for the fanservice but the only fans that still play the game now are ones who like the game itself. Feeling ashamed is stupid.
>>
>>386208643
>And tournaments would still happen even without SF

95% of the tournaments run are by Capcomfags. Without it you have Final Round (Tekken) and absolute garbage regionals like Frosty Faustings or whatever else anime tournament that can't run properly. Remember Jebailey runs CEOtaku and he's a dedicated SF player.
>>
>>386209025
>spamming middle atack
>hard and complex mechanics
Myabe for you, ggbab.
>>
File: kappa front page.png (115KB, 1597x617px) Image search: [Google]
kappa front page.png
115KB, 1597x617px
>>386209924
Behold the top three threads on /r/kappa as of right now.

The level of hiveminding and circle jerking over there is embarrassing. That subreddit has like thirty thousand retards on a PR crusade against Capcom. Obviously Capcom is not a perfect company, but James Chen is right (even though he's a Guilty Gear player). Street Fighter dying will just about kill fighting games other than Smash at a tournament level.
>>
File: 1467911195137.png (444KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1467911195137.png
444KB, 500x566px
I'll support KoF
I'm looking forward to SNK's next game thank you very much
>>
>>386210360
You sound like a tremendous faggot.
>>
I would have bought sf V if they didn't try to sell it to me peacemeal with half the game as downloadable shit.

At this point the base game should just be free to play.
>>
File: 1495674091671.png (60KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1495674091671.png
60KB, 412x351px
>people would rather argue about SF than talk or play Tekken

Why can't Tekken EVER be the popular one? Wasn't this supposed to be Tekken's year?
>>
File: 1477236073431.jpg (77KB, 567x840px) Image search: [Google]
1477236073431.jpg
77KB, 567x840px
>>386210360
Reddit is ass but even a broken clock is right twice a day. There are plenty of hiveminds that think SFV is a good game with negligible flaws too. Besides, even if they are a hivemind I'm glad there are people out there giving Capcom and SFV the shit they deserve.
>>
>>386207431
>This idea that the FGC is needed for the continuing success of fighters is part of their circle-jerky nature, they do unironically believe that they're important and help keep the genre alive, it's fucking embarrassing.

If the FGC dies then Japanese fighters die. NRS games can stand on their own and have, but anime games have shown they need a babysitter to have anything. If Capcom dies then the main scene would most likely be Smash Bros. and NRS and I don't think either group would be as kind to lesser as Wizard.
>>
>>386207394
I feel your pain friend. I felt like this about Starcraft 2. How could this one company Blizzard who has this huge legacy behind them completely fuck over one of the most prominent games of all time.
>>
>>386210360
Trying to kill SFV is like that story of the goose that laid the golden egg, where the guy strangled the goose hoping for more riches. Instead he lost it all...

>>386210393
That's fine, just make sure to either:

>don't bring up SFV
>or if you do, say positive things about it, not negative
>>
>>386208385
>Maybe from SF3 onward

lol
>>
If the community is so dependent on one game and one company then the community shouldn't be alive.
>>
>>386210505
Because Tekken's movement is shitty and clunky and unfun, and the character designs suck ass

>>386210393
KoF 14 looks worse than fuckin ps2 games. Bloody Roar 3 looks better than that shit.
>>
>>386210586
SFV is definitely not a goose that laid a golden egg. More like a dog that shit on my lawn.
>>
>>386210691
I guess mmos shouldn't be alive either then, or hack n slashes, since they are also genres dependant on a single company to do anything
>>
>>386205680
lmao
capcom explodes and somehow harada commits seppuko????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>386210770
That "dog" shit out money to make big tournaments happen and get fighting games on fucking ESPN. More than anime ever did.
>>
>>386210812
>Capcom dies
>other developers think of how their games sold less than Capcom products and have less tourney players
>they decide it isn't worth making them anymore
>fighters are dead, Tekken becomes a moba along wit Blazblue and GG
>>
File: 1380681648455.jpg (16KB, 195x200px) Image search: [Google]
1380681648455.jpg
16KB, 195x200px
>>386210691
I have to agree here. It wasn't anything I thought about before but if everyone has to defend and support SFV for the FGC to thrive I would prefer it didn't. The game is straight ass.

As for people like Chen thinking that this mindset is a "cancer," he can fuck off. Obviously people like us that are just enthusiasts don't have major stakes in the genre, but we also have the most genuine passion for it. I'm not obligated to defend a garbage game because I'm commentating for it at every major event. Seriously, he can go eat shit, although he already is.
>>
>>386209843
So rather than just shut the fuck up after being called out for the retarded douchebag you are, you decide to double down on the random insults of a game I don't play. I don't care why they like it, it's a competently made fighting game that had a lot of effort put into it, and a lot of people seemed to care about it. That means something. Your insults, compared to that, mean nothing.
>>
File: 1501543199030.gif (1MB, 400x444px) Image search: [Google]
1501543199030.gif
1MB, 400x444px
>>386205304

SFV is OK but it needs some new, fun mechanics.

2nd supers for everyone or v-ism custom combos please
>>
>>386210841
Couldn't care less. The game is ass. Getting publicity for fighting games doesn't mean anything if SFV doesn't even have any of the things I like about fighting games in it. The genre might as well be dead to me anyway so I have no qualms playing obscure shit for pride and other intrinsic reward.
>>
>>386205680
Holy shit, /v/eddit/kappa btfo.
>>
>>386205304
>FGCuck shit

fuck off
>>
>>386206075
dark ages it's good
it means it stays niche and no money in it what so fucking ever
it's why pen and paper D&D is still good, because there is no Nationals for RPG or whatever the fuck

fuck e-sports
>>
>>386210841
Who the fuck wants this shit on ESPN? Why is this good for anyone but Capcom and ESPN who presumably get to make money off of it? How do I fucking benefit? All I get are nerfed nipples and a whole lot of nothing.
>>
>>386210952
That's fine, don't defend it, but would it kill you to not say it sucks? Just don't even bring the damn game up then. Was it necessary for you to say "The game is straight ass."? Next time just don't mention shit like that, it's negative.
>>
>>386211020
2nd supers for everyone but combos are universally still easily optimized baby shit that nobody drops and everyone still just does stand roundhouse into v-trigger for easy hitconfirms or free frame advantage. V-ism custom combos and everyone will just do the same optimized shit just like right now. The game is doomed to being stale and boring forever because of Capcom's insistence on closing the skill gap for e-sports.
>>
File: Umk3.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Umk3.png
2MB, 1024x768px
No love for Mortal Kombat?
>>
>>386211170
I assume he thinks people will see it and start playing which = community growth but that just isn't the case because ESPN appeals to a certain audience. And most of them don't play games and if they do they're sports games. The only people who watched SFV on ESPN and enjoyed it were people who already played the game. Others complained on Twitter about video games on being on the channel or went and watched something else.
>>
>>386211086
>dark ages it's good

Dark Ages spawned games like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ney8bsAu8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yypThmBPJE

https://youtu.be/8YD3BvgyxMw?t=104

You wanna go back to that shit? If you want your anime games with your cute little waifus to live, you'll support SFV, or else.
>>
>>386205680
1 Million percent fact.

It's because of Capcom's influence on the community that other companies like Bandai Namco and Arc System Works are bringing their fucking A Game and trying to catch up to street fighter. Street Fighter dying just means that a bunch of faggots on /v/ and Reddit get to stroke their tortanic dick because something big failed and that's fun to people with no stake in this.

Meanwhile with Street Fighter's death, the community takes a huge hit and there are far less people helping and attending events. So now it's mostly Smash, which will drive out traditional fighting game fans and will slowly kill the community.
>>
>>386210536
The guy posting "Upvote if you think SF5 sucks" and getting 3000 upvotes does not qualify as a thoughtful contrarian.

The discussion there is so braindead it's disgusting.

>>386210393
There's nothing wrong with that, and there's nothing wrong with criticizing SFV. /r/kappa is cancerous because it breeds a bunch of retarded zealots who dislike bomb every YouTube video Capcom puts out for the good of the FGC. They are explictly trying to make the game die, which is substantially different from thinking it's overrated or shitty. They have purity faggotry surrounding boycotting Street Fighter V streams and downvoting any posts which bring up anything positive about Capcom.

Honestly, it's just depressing to see everything Capcom does for their fans backfire. They put in Jedah, people whine about no blood or gore. They make combos easier because SF4's entire life cycle was dominated by whining about 1 frame links, faggots on the internet whine about the game being casualized. They add in fight money and retards manage to complain about even that.

>>386210439
Fate/Stay Mad
>>
>>386211201
>don't bring up the damn game then
Nah fuck you. I always had something to love about each Street Fighter game and SFV had to come along and fuck it all up. I say negative shit about the game because it's bad, I spent an entire year playing it and hoping it would get better, and I still see people playing it and complaining about everything. I'm not delusional enough to say that a better fighting game will take SFV's place if it goes away, but I also don't want it to be the face of fighting games and I definitely don't want future games following its example. I don't use the word "shill" often but people that try to silence negativity about this turd are genuine shills.
>>
File: 1427580510569.jpg (358KB, 1065x902px) Image search: [Google]
1427580510569.jpg
358KB, 1065x902px
>>386211201
But you've been flaming other games throughout this entire thread. If you don't think people should say negative things, then maybe you shouldn't do it yourself.
>>
File: DE5g8y_VoAAPEvx.jpg (456KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DE5g8y_VoAAPEvx.jpg
456KB, 2048x1536px
>>386210937
o yea that's exactly what happened to IBM right
they almost went under when microsoft launched a desktop OS

>STOP STOP, SUPPORT IBM OR COMPUTERS WILL DIE

you have no fucking idea of how competition works you fucking shill bill
if SF dies something simply takes over it's spot, it's that fucking simple

why am i even replying to bait
>>
File: 1501815592393.png (98KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
1501815592393.png
98KB, 200x203px
>>386205304
>The mind of a Capcbro
>>
>>386210841
doesnt make the game better. it just means that capcom will continue putting money into sf5.

sf5 finding mainstream success doesnt undo other games success. if you think sf crashing will bring other games with it, youre wrong. James looks at the success of EVO and thinks
>a rising tide raises all ships
but then concludes that the inverse is true.

as far as kappa is concerned, their fucking retards wasting their energy
>>
>>386211490
There are equally thoughtless and contrarian posts and braindead discussions on pro-SFV websites like SRK. Try to think less about who is talking shit and think more about why they're doing it.
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (48KB, 149x177px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.jpg
48KB, 149x177px
>>386211432
ok now I know you're being sarcastic
>>
>>386211572
I'm not trying to kill anime fighters though, people like you are actively trying to KILL SF V.
>>
just play smash lmao
>>
>SF was dead in the 2000s
>Tekken was still releasing games
>Guilty Gear was building steam
>>
>>386211576
>if SF dies something simply takes over it's spot, it's that fucking simple

What if the thing that takes over is something far worse? You people want SFV to die, what if fucking ARMS is what takes its place?
>>
>>386211678
I'm not. People think of the dark ages and go "but man, we got like tekken and gg so it was good!" You also got Kakuto Chojin, Tao Feng, Fight Club, endless shit 3d MK games, and more. The dark ages meant we got the dregs of the genre. SFV dies, we may end up getting Kakuto Chojin 2, or some shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bsCMpKu2Uo
>>
>>386211086
Dark Ages was shit because no one fucking played. No I don't want to live and die by training mode or have to drive 3 hours or fly a goddamn plane just to finally fucking play someone. Go suck a dick you faggot.
>>
File: 1390002220797.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1390002220797.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>386211767
I don't remember asking you anything about "anime" fighters, and I'm not trying to kill anything. I'm actually enjoying learning Abigail at the moment, so you can go mcfuck yourself.
>>
>>386211576
Nearly every TO is a SF player. If SF dies you'll get terribly run events and cancer just trying to kill another game.
>>
>>386211642
Dumb fanboyism for anything is harmless. If there's a forum full of guys who think Mortal Kombat is the best fighting game I really don't give a shit. When a bunch of shitheads try to use social media influence to kill a company/franchise that's pretty cancerous though.

Street Fighter V is a decent game at best. It's too easy to get in on people and crush counters are a bad mechanic. The netcode sucks. It's also very boring to watch. I enjoy playing it because it has characters I find fun, but it's totally understandable if you don't.

I still think it's substantially better than SFIV at a similar stage in its life cycle, and it's competitively better than 3S. All fighting games have shit you have to put up with, if you hate something move on and try to grow your own scene.
>>
>>386211792
where fighting games really dead during the early-mid 2000s. or it was just Capcom thinking no one was interested in them because SF3 bombed (because it featured literally whos) and Fighting evolution bombed (because it sucked)
maybe SNK going bankrupt also affected their decision to stay away from fighting games for a while too
>>
>>386212040
>I don't remember asking you anything about "anime" fighters

This is such a lousy strategy to dodge what someone else says. No one doesn't have to respond to something you didn't say you fucking moron.
>>
>If you don't enjoy SF than you are actively destroying the fighting game community!!!11!!
Please explain how this makes sense. If I don't play Call of Duty am I killing shooters? Remember by the time Dragonball fighters comes out there will be 5 major fighting game releases in a relatively short amount of time. More competition is a good thing.
>>
>>386210782
aren't there atleast three big time popular mmos right now? and what the hell is the king of hack and slash?
>>
>>386212145
Of course they weren't dead, the FGC nearly was, though, which is what he's actually dreading. That's all this fucking is, the FGC shitting itself because they don't want to go back to how it was during SF3 where none of them wanted to play it, and so they had no game to play as they refuse to play things that aren't Capcom. They have to try to pretend SF5 is good and convince people to keep playing it just because it exists, or else. Never mind that it's just fearmongering and /r/kappa isn't going to actually convince people they aren't having fun if they do genuinely like SF5.
>>
>>386211858
Nothing will take over. The people that play fighting games for its own intrinsic reward will keep going to tournaments and the ones that did it for their livelihood will go to streaming or find other work. Better than the alternative where fighting games will be watered down messes with low skill ceilings that air on ESPN sometimes. I just want to see high level players doing things that nobody else can do. SFV is a cynical charade where every player does the same shit and it isn't even always clear if the better player won or not. And it seems like that's the route fighting games have to take to reach the notoriety that games like MOBAs and hearthstone have. No thanks.
>>
>>386205304
SFV is shit and id rather the FGC die and no more fighting games ever be made than have utter shit like that become the norm.
>>
>Meanwhile, in a-cho arcade in Kyoto...
>>
>>386207516
>Daily reminder you are a nobody
DOOL WIELD
>>
File: 1386478975308.gif (2MB, 260x229px) Image search: [Google]
1386478975308.gif
2MB, 260x229px
>>386212236
>No one doesn't have to respond to something you didn't say

Can you unfuck yourself and re-type that with correct grammar so I have some idea of what the hell you meant? He was being a shithead and randomly brought up other games when all I did was tell him to stop flaming if he didn't like his game being insulted. You can't fight fire with fire, you fucking moron.
>>
>>386211414
It's hard to say. I seriously doubt it being on ESPN hurt much, and there were a lot more players online after SFV's EVO showing.
>>
File: 軽トラのしろ.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
軽トラのしろ.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>386211962
>SF dies with SFV

no?
>>
>>386212749
You're a fool, Sora.
>>
>>386211792
>>386212145

SF3 failed because:

1. Too many SF games. There was multiple games released every year for a decade. It's hard to keep interest.

2. The decline of Arcades. It wasn't until PS3/360 era when online became dominant, and provided an alternative to arcade competition.

3. The rise of 3D. All the interest was in 3D games. No one cared for 2D in 1998.

4. Dreamcast only. SF3 wouldn't see a PS2 release until 2004. If Third Strike was a PS2 launch title, it would have been more popular much earlier.
>>
>>386212790
I'm not saying it hurt, it did help, it helped Capcom and ESPN. Didn't help the community in anyway. People being online the next day doesn't help. It were either new players or people coming back who will stop after a few days.
>>
>>386212869
you're wasting your time
do you think this cuck you're replying to even played the original PSX or even the PS2? probably some xbox 360 kid with 20 FIFAs
>>
File: 1440801190801.jpg (781KB, 1080x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1440801190801.jpg
781KB, 1080x1100px
>>386212470
I mean I can sorta get it, Capcom puts a lot of money towards tournaments while Arcsys and Netherrealms barely care, SNK and Iron Galaxy don't have the money to be doing anything big, and Bamco isn't pushing Tekken as much as they can either.
I get that it's a real fear, but it's up to Capcom to deliver the game such hardcore players deserve.
Instead, they make stupid decisions and the fans just "take another one for Capcom". It's not even just with Fighting games, it's with their other IPs too. The only fanboys as okay with taking such abuse are Nintendo fanboys
>>
>>386205304
This logic is just utterly flawed. If capcom is failing, it's by its own merits, not simply because of its critics. It they're getting lazy and let competition make a fool out of them, ITS IN CAPCOM. NO ONE ELSE.

In any case, SF giving way to other fighters shows growth of the fgc more than it just stagnating by solely revolving around street fighter like it's the centre of our fucking universe.

Look at the Situation with MvCI. The roster alone is looking to be a disaster, gameplay alone can not make up all of these faults. If there weren't other games like MvCI, than capcom would have nothing to worry about and it can easily be shilled to the comic fanboys and capcom fuckboys alike but with DRagon ball and the Blaze blue cross tag shit being a thing, it gets to be compared to capcoms trainwreck in the making and people aren't impressed.

Nature will always take its course when it comes to the strong surviving and If capcom cannot raise its standards and is unable to compete with other developers when it comes to fighting games, than it will die, unable to blame anyone but itself for not evolving. For expecting people to take mediocrity and unfinished games with gratitude.
>>
File: 245825695690.jpg (363KB, 915x541px) Image search: [Google]
245825695690.jpg
363KB, 915x541px
>>386205304
You should be mad at Capcom for making such shitty games. I am not going to support bad products, no matter who makes them. Capcom has forfeited their place as market leader and now other companies are vying for the top spot in the fighting game biz, which is how the free market works. I think that it's wonderful that the fighting game genre is too big to die just because Capcom is being a bunch of shit heads.

You sound like one of those rabid Nintendo fanboys telling everyone they should support Nintendo because "you owe them" or whatever bullshit appeal it may be. I don't owe anyone jack shit. I pay money for my games and if the game isn't good, I am under no obligation to buy it.
>>
>>386205304
I mean I'd like sfv to not be shit, but it is.
>>
>>386205784
Street Fighter is a boring piece of fucking garbage, and if it "needs" to live or else fighting games will die, then let it die. Also, James Chen needs to be executed immediately.
>>
>>386212102
Are they actually trying to actively kill the game or are they just giving it a bunch of negative press? Like are they DDoSing capcom's servers or something? That would actually be cancerous for sure. If not then I say it's deserved.

Also, if you're putting a huge investment in a game you think is "decent at best," and I'm assuming you are because being good at any fighting game requires an investment, you're a faggot and I hope you're at least trying to get sponsored or something. But if you're just barely playing casually I would understand that, and you're probably playing the right game for that mindset.
>>
what's going to be the excuse when SSFV drops?
>>
>>386211792
You also forgot the slew of shit fighters that got made too, dumbass
>>
>>386212869
The FGC plays a lot in arcades, that's why it's mostly in and around NYC and SoCal. Arcades declined country-wide years before then, it had no impact whatsoever on SF3's popularity among the FGC. Also, remember that the FGC only plays Capcom shit, they wouldn't have cared if it was in 3D or 2D, and that goes for it being on the Dreamcast, too. They'll go wherever the games are.

Fact is, they didn't want to play SF3. It wasn't similar enough to SF2 for them, so they shunned it. Now, we're seeing a soft repeat with SF5 where people are bitching saying they liked SF4 more, and that's triggering the fuck out of FGC guys who don't want to return to THEIR dark age, especially just as it's reaching such "lofty" heights as becoming a "real" esport.
>>
>>386205304
anime games are only getting more and more popular
the genre won't die just because dicksucking capcom fanboys like you are too afraid to play anything besides street fighter
but please by all means feel free to continue bleating in terror at the thought you'll fade into irrelevancy where you belong
>>
>>386212470
Street Fighter is relatively easy to pick up, so it's good as a flagship fighting game for the FGC.

A lot of other fighters are way harder to learn so it's hard to get people to play them. ArcSys games have abysmal player retention, which is largely because of online but also because getting comfortable with all the mechanics and character specific stuff takes time. When you have the option of playing four games which are all difficult to learn and which may not have a tournament scene for very long, it's understandable to shrug and walk away.

If SFV died and everybody picked up UNIEL that would be great, but because most people don't think that will happen, and you can't force it to happen, it probably won't fucking happen. This is the problem with games that are time consuming to pick up, you need players to have faith in their success if they're going to bother learning them.
>>
>>386213352
tons of shit fighters are still being made to this day, what the fuck is your point? are you genuinely retarded?
>>
>>386213146
>SF giving way to other fighters shows growth

This hasn't happened at all though. The only games that grew are KI and Tekken and it wasn't because of SF fucking up.
>>
>>386212439
>and what the hell is the king of hack and slash?

Platinum Games. Imagined if there was a hate campaign against Platinum Games, and Bayonetta 3 came out and had some shit people didn't like. So people spend all their time shitting on Bayonetta 3, hoping it dies and hoping Platinum goes under. Not realizing that if Platinum dies, you'll NEVER see another hack n slash game again.
>>
File: 1494085519511.png (17KB, 625x178px) Image search: [Google]
1494085519511.png
17KB, 625x178px
>>
File: 1266212722563.png (56KB, 212x185px) Image search: [Google]
1266212722563.png
56KB, 212x185px
>>386213541
If Bayonetta 3 is big enough garbage to destroy Platinum then it should.
>>
>>386212515
>Nothing will take over. The people that play fighting games for its own intrinsic reward will keep going to tournaments and the ones that did it for their livelihood will go to streaming or find other work.

Those players are getting older, we can't go back to EVOs being in some dude's garage with Justin Wong and Daigo again and no new blood. If we do, wtf happens when those players quit fighters for whatever reason or die? Bam, the community dies. Making these games more accessible and mainstream helps to keep shit alive.

Also why the fuck does Capcom get all the flack, no one cared when Namco made Tekken more accessible with supers and stuff.

>>386212567
>SFV is shit and id rather the FGC die and no more fighting games ever be made than have utter shit like that become the norm.

Says someone who never plays fighters and has no stake in the genre.
>>
>>386213476
I mean I love guilty gear and I'm slowly getting better at it, even plan on going to tournaments when I reach a decent level, but I'm not delusional enough to think that SFV's death will bring in a huge influx of players or anything to the scene.

I do, however, want the game to fail if it stays the way it is. It's an insult to the idea of fighting games being a place where different types of people can show off their unique playstyles in a place where everyone is trying to prove themselves. It's very cynical and depressing when all of that is gone and every player is just dashing and jumping and doing stand roundhouse into v-trigger with their paychecks and sponsorships on the line.

If that's what fighting games have to do to be e-sports then the future is looking pretty dark no matter what happens to Capcom and SFV.
>>
>>386213798
>making these games more accessible and mainstream helps to keep shit alive
Bullshit. If you're willing to put in the work you can compete, no matter how high the skill floor is. It might take longer, but the reward is much higher too. Also, Tekken is still daunting as fuck to get into for people.
>>
>>386213169
Fine, don't support it, but quit insulting the game and support what YOU like. Be positive, not negative. Hating Capcom and SFV and shitting on it is like drinking poison and expecting your enemies to die instead.
>>
>>386213476
SF is actually incredibly difficult to pick up. Frame links are physically painful and combos are arcane and arbitrary, with tons of equally arbitrary redundancy to clear through before you come upon the "efficient" combos. Even SF5 wasn't really made to enable newbs and scrubs to aspire to greatness. To do anything other than roll around in bronze requires many, many hours of serious practice with just the systems in place before you can even consider really focusing on a main, though that's more for people unfamiliar with fighting games.

I personally picked up GG and SF3 fairly quickly, though I'm nowhere near "good" at either, I can at least play around and have fun and practice without feeling like I'm fighting the game itself instead of my opponent. In SF4 and 5 I still haven't gotten the hang of pretty much anything other than the most basic of shit, they're just frustrating to me, so I really feel like your claim is unjustified, regardless of the fact that it's frequently parroted on the internet.
>>
>>386214215
People insult it because they want it to be better, not because they just hate Street Fighter. You would rather everyone who has critics just shut up and let Capcom keep putting out crap?
>>
>>386214215
I'll support what I like AND talk tons of shit about Capcom and SFV, friendo. What gave you the impression that they were mutually exclusive? I was a capcom/SF fanboy once too and I hate seeing the franchise go in this cancerous direction for the sake of e-sports.
>>
>>386213527
>tons of shit fighters are still being made to this day,

Name 5. You idiots put your nostalgia goggles on and only remember GG and MB and Tekken. Back in the dark ages we had TONS of shit fighters coming out, especially 3d ones. Kakuto Chojin and Tao Feng ring a bell?

>>386213713
But what if it's just a flawed game but decent? Should Bayonetta, Platinum, and the entire fucking hack and slash genre die for it? Would you want no more devil may cry games because a bunch of haters decided to "punish" Platinum?
>>
>>386214215
If a game is that weak that it easily crumbles under "negativity" and doesn't take steps to improve itself and listen to objective arguments about its faults and openly addresses these concerns, than my silence isn't going to do you any favours.
>>
>>386205304
>YOU EITHER DEAL WITH SHIT QUALITIY OR GET NOTHING
gee, guess I better start liking SFV now

kill yourself
>>
>>386214018
>I do, however, want the game to fail if it stays the way it is.

Ok, that's fine, but let it die a natural death if that is the case. You guys wanna force it by constantly mentioning how shit SF V is(even though it isn't shit), and wanting it to die to prevent some "dark future", when it dying will create an even darker future.

No more fighting games.
>>
>>386211361
NRS games have had horrible balance for such a long time. Doesn't help that Injustice 2 was fucking boring at Evo with Aquaman
>>
>>386214461
Platinum already put out an abysmal game and they're still around. Plus the other anon said "if it was big enough garbage", I doubt he would want it to go down because a game was flawed but decent.
>>
>>386214375
If the critics said their piece, why do they need to keep bringing it up? Don't like the game? Fine. You don't need to make threads and posts saying how it's so shit. Leave the game the fuck alone.
>>
>>386214254
You probably didn't feel like you were fighting against the game when you were playing SF3 and GG because you could actually react to shit, probably. SFV is easy on your execution and its easy to understand but the game is fucking stressful and random. You can guess wrong once and get knocked down and put in the corner with no system mechanics or tech to mitigate the risks in your decision making.

So how can people blame the "haters" for bashing the new SF game for being a stressful clusterfuck AND boring at the same time?
>>
>>386214716
>I doubt he would want it to go down because a game was flawed but decent.

So why do so many want SF V to fail, it isn't garbage, it's flawed but decent. You people don't know wtf a true garbage fighting game is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9DB4WdAl70
>>
File: 253.jpg (64KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
253.jpg
64KB, 600x884px
>>386214729
BECAUSE CAPCOM STILL HASN'T FIXED A DAMN THING THAT'S WHY WE BRING UP THE PROBLEMS LOOK AT MARVEL YOU GOD DAMN IDIOT YES I'M MAD YOU'RE SO FUCKING DENSE
>>
Another dumb fanboy with no feasible way to defend capcom calls everyone a braindead hater episode.
>>
>be me
>love all fightans, tekken, sf, kof, gg, sc, vf, even love a lot of gimmicky fightans like anime games Naruto and dbz
>honestly think sfv is decent

Yet, it's capcom we are talking about, a company that acts like it was fucking Activision or EA, it's just those company have a reason to be with big money inside the business, meanwhile capcom barely keeping their head above water, yet they imploy same and sometimes even worse tactics.
Honestly wouldn't mind if capcom died and sold their IP s
>>
>>386214708
NRS is also probably in the safest position of any fighting game developer. They have Warner Bros. backing, so they can keep coasting for a long time off of Mortal Kombat, DC, and whatever horror game they shore up the rights for.
>>
>>386214831
I
don't
want
it
to
fail
I
want
it
fixed
and
for
capcom
to
do
better
and
yes
it
is
garbage
>>
>>386214638
>You guys wanna force it by constantly mentioning how shit SFV is
Nigga if I wanted to force its death I would be rallying for people to DDoS Capcom's servers or making multiple steam accounts giving bad reviews to it or something. If I played the game, think its ass, and want to mourn for a franchise I once loved then let me talk shit. Shitheads like you, Chen, and SRK want to police everyone and guilt everyone into not saying anything bad about a pretty much objectively bad game can eat shit and fuck off.
>>
>>386207227
I like fighters and play a lot of them besides sf but I find myself coming back to sf because of its accessibility. I tried to learn tekken with my girl Josie but after 200 matches and a 10% w/l and the game not telling me anything I just went back to sf. Its relieving if not straight up a pleasure just playing a fighter and learning as you go. I feel like a kid at an arcade with V holding my L's,running matches back,random battles and more. If this makes me a competitive drone whatever the fuck that means so be it.

But to aimlessly waddle in a fg that is harder to play mechanically and with less players and less outside resources and minimal in game resources.
>>
File: 1494448013249.jpg (47KB, 405x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494448013249.jpg
47KB, 405x270px
never in my fucking life would i expect this place of all to drink the fucking capcom kool aid and blatantly ignore the neglect capcom has given to this franchise. actually insulting to my intelligence to say that we're the ones killing the FGC with the mistreatment of street fighter and soon marvel

fuck is wrong with you guys? any video game franchise should be doomed to finish if they're gonna be treated this way. good luck seeing another DMC game for at least another 10 years with the last installment being as bad as it was
>>
>>386214375
>niggers on twitter
>underage on reddit
>virgins on 4chan

>giving constructive criticism
its just shitposting and different people stating the same shit for the hundredth time. play a different game and shut the fuck up. everybody knows whats wrong with sf, the only time it's necessary to reiterate is the following

>im trying to get into fightan, whats a good game to start off with?
>theres a shitload out there. gg, tekken, blaszblue, unist are all good. play sf if you actual want to play aganst people.
>whats wrong with sf
>
>
>
>
educating a new player constructive.
>>
>>386214916
I don't like NRS fighters cause they feel so damn clunky but if Ed Boon gets his wish for a Horror Monser Mash fighter I will play the fuck out of it.
>>
>>386215085
It's really just one guy not really a group of people
>>
>>386205485

>warzard

really? you couldnt find another series?
>>
>>386214939
I share your opinion but what if Capcom is insistent on keeping the game the way it is? What then? Should it fail or should people just begrudgingly support it like the battered housewives that they are?
>>
>>386214939
Then be positive about it. Quit saying the game is shit, trash, garbage and calling people shills for liking it. Simply say "hey, I really like the game but wish Capcom would fix such and such feature" See how easy that is?
>>
File: 1490044106571.png (90KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1490044106571.png
90KB, 256x256px
>actually trusting capcom to fix a video game that doesn't even make them money anymore
>these people installed a fucking rootkit on your computer and you think they still care
>>
>>386215136
People wouldn't have to say the same shit over and over if capcom would address any of it. Keep being a dumbfuck though.
>>
>>386214254
>To do anything other than roll around in bronze requires many, many hours of serious practice with just the systems in place before you can even consider really focusing on a main, though that's more for people unfamiliar with fighting games.
What the hell are you getting at?

What systems are in place which are a struggle to get a hang on?

With your second paragraph, I don't know what your criterion is for good. I can imagine you enjoying mashing stuff in GG while finding links intolerable, and a lot of SF3 characters can do okay with little other than lights or single hits confirmed into stuff. But if you mean you're having fun in training mode that honestly does not qualify in playing the game at a contributing level, at least as far as growing the community is concerned.

>>386214731
You have more defensive options in GG, but okizeme and setplay is forty times more dirty. The biggest reason ArcSys fighters scare away new players is that neutral is, relatively speaking, a much smaller part of the game, and you have to deal with pressure or apply pressure, both of which are less intuitive (reliant more on frame data and experience) and take longer to pick up.
>>
Biggest capcbro shill in the FGC, fuck him and fuck capcom.
>>
>If you are part of the FGC you MUST put up with Capcom's sub-par games, sub-par customer relations, sub-par business practices that gouge their loyal fan-base for every cent, and just general awful business practices.

Loving ever laugh. I'm glad I still get to be a consumer and not a lapdog because something might happen if people call out Capcom for the dogshit company they've become.
>>
>>386215186
>simply say "hey, I really like the game but wish Capcom would fix such and such feature"
He just said the game is garbage the way it is right now. I feel this way too. It's garbage and trash, but I don't want it to be. People are negative because the game is bad. You are seriously delusional.
>>
>>386215179
It should fail

>>386215186
I'll be positive when it actually gets fixed along with Marvel. And I haven't called anyone a shill for liking it why are you lying?
>Simply say "hey, I really like the game but wish Capcom would fix such and such feature"
You want me to simply say I like it? I don't like it, I hate it, I'll like it when it's fixed.
>>
A lot of the SFV cast looks ugly, the lighting is weird, they look like they're made of plasticine. There was a conscious decision to give the girls bigger tits and asses to more sexualize them. I always liked how SF was more subtle with sexuality and subdued. All the girls were hot, and subtly focused on certain fetishes and outfits, to drive guys wild. Other series would just have generic bimbos with huge tits. That's boring.
>>
>>386214979
How does saying the game is shit help anything though? Being so negative makes Capcom care less for your input, turns potential future players off to the game, and it stresses YOU out. Think of yourself man. It's better to be positive, think of what you LIKE about SFV, and politely mention what you would like fixed.

Think of it this way guys. If you were on a bus and the bus driver wasn't going as fast as you'd like, would you politely say "please sir, do you think you could drive faster/" Or instead scream "OMFG this bus is fucking shit, I hope it crashes!!!", then start attacking anyone else on the bus who disagrees and then try to grab the steering wheel to force it to crash and kill everyone onboard including yourself?
>>
Okay, then. So I should excuse anything capcom does, suck their dick at every opportunity, and devote myself and recommend a game that I don't like or every fighting game will die?

Okay Chen, I'll uninstall Tekken 7 immediately.
>>
If anything, the best way to save the FGC is for SF to die and some new, competent fighter to take it's place.

Unfortunately 20+ years of nostalgia is hard to dethrone, no matter how much worse it gets than the past.
>>
File: 1500996870671-v.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
1500996870671-v.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
>>386208632

Holy shit sf fans are massive faggots and play sf because character have low amount of moves
>>
>>386214841
YOUR A FUCKING NOBODY ON THE INTERNET. Capcom is a million dollar corporation. if you wanna bitch and moan, fine, i cant stop you, but understand that your a massive faggot.
>>
>>386210318
>>spamming middle attack

That's SFV, Capbro.
>>
>>386215572
>YOUR A FUCKING NOBODY ON THE INTERNET
I'm not the only one complaining
>but understand that your a massive faggot
Says the faggot that can't get enough of that Capcom dick out of their mouth
>>
SFV is pretty lackluster but we've been through these motions before and idiots who act like it's the worst game ever made and killing fighting games just because it doesn't have arcade mode and leans too heavily on DLC are retarded
>>
File: abigailsfv.jpg (286KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
abigailsfv.jpg
286KB, 1024x576px
If this is the face of fighting games I'd rather kill it with fire.
>>
>>386215392
Then simply say "hey, I hope Capcom fixes such and such. For example, this:

>SFV thread
>"Hey guys, anyone liking SFV so far? Thinking of buying it."
>"Eh, not feeling the game right now sadly, I wish they'd fix the combo system to be more in depth."

This here is the wrong way:
>SFV thread
>"Hey guys, anyone liking SFV so far? Thinking of buying it."
>"You're buying this fucking garbage? This game is goddamned trash. Don't buy this shit, it needs to fucking DIE! Fucking combofiend won't fix the goddamn combo system motherfucking FAGGOT FUCK!"
>>
>>386215308
>neutral is a much smaller part of the game
Not true at all. Winning neutral is how you get to your setplay, and even then you can't autopilot your pressure on someone that knows how to deal with your character or you'll go right back to neutral or even have to deal with your opponent's oki.

The real reason arcsys fighters scare away new players is because the amount of character and mechanical knowledge to even reach an intermediate level is vast as fuck compared to more accessible games. People don't go to dustloop or research anything, they get blown up by Leo players because they dont know to instant block his rekkas, throw his crossup, or interrupt his 6H so they say the game has no neutral and go back to SFV.
>>
>>386215186
But I don't like the game. Why would I pretend that the game is okay and that its faults are minor?
>>
>>386215291
good the game should die. obviously capcom isnt listening to anybody.
>>
>>386205304
Get stuffed you corporate shill, and take that garbage called Street Fighter V with you while you're at it. I can't wait for when this game finally dies so I finally don't have to hear the pathetic Capcom Defense Force defend this shit game.
>>
>>386215553
That katana girl in Uniel is impossible to use man
>>
>>386215676

Rashido is the only good SFV newcomer. The rest are boring or absurd.

Where is C. Viper anyways?
>>
>>386215714
But you can autopilot the fuck out of your pressure in SFV as long as you shimmy sometimes and grab sometimes. E-sports!
>>
whatever
nobody here actually plays fighting games
>>
>Capcom could have made SF4: Ultimate Ultra whatever,
>Use the new consoels as an excuse to re-release it
>Would have sold the same as SFV
>Would have cost a fraction to make
>Everyone would have been much happier
>>
File: 1497364045639.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1497364045639.png
44KB, 657x527px
die capcom!!!!!!!!!! die!!!!!!!!!!

i hate fighting games!!!!!!! ahahahaha!
>>
>>386215676
>waaaaaaaaaaaah SFV isn't all serious and grimdark like muh tekken with its ultra serious buff yakuza lords that turn into monsters and shoot laser beams while sounding so manly

Tekken is for fucking fags who got a boner over Younger Toguro that never went away.
>>
How do we get the normalfag masses to accept superior anime fighters so they can take off and kill capcom games?
>>
HOW TO IMPROVE STREET FIGHTER V:

-DECENT NETCODE

-NO CRUSH COUNTER POKES. Crush counters are a neat idea in a pressure situation- you read a button press and get a big combo if you're right, otherwise you're at frame disadvantage and things get reset to neutral. Throwing out crush counters in neutral so you get a big combo off of a landed fierce is fucking cancerous though, and is part of why neutral tends to be comparatively short lived in this game.

SLOWER DASH INS- I can't imagine how you would meaningfully give most characters longer normals at this point, so at least make dashes shittier so it isn't as viable to dash in for a mix up at footsies range.

>>386215553
Yuzuriha is really fucking hard to learn.
>>
File: virgin scrub vs chad champion.png (574KB, 1798x1017px) Image search: [Google]
virgin scrub vs chad champion.png
574KB, 1798x1017px
reminder
>>
>>386215816
>Where is C. Viper anyways?
No idea. I thought she was a lock seeing how 5 was meant to be faster and more offensive, which is Viper's thing especially later in 4's life.
>>
>>386215676
Abigail is fucking cool vrrooom brbrbrbrbreee
>>
SFV has failed on a consumer level and it deserved to. You should not rally to the defense of a company that has failed its consumer-base as massively as SFV has. Capcom royally fucked up with this game, and EVO viewer numbers are not going to change that.
>>
>>386215912
15er spotted.
>>
>>386215912
wtf lol? where did he mention tekken?
so defensive lmao
>>
This pathetic cuck OP has been making pro sfv anti tekken threads all day
>>
>>386215965
>-DECENT NETCODE
They need to start with fixing the UI. The main menu and all of its systems are archaic as fuck.
>>
>>386215912
Look guys, a capcunt in his natural habitat
>>
>>386215684
So you want me to not do anything when someone is thinking about buying a shitty product? I would tell them to buy a better fighting game if they want to play one. It seems like you're only problem is that people are making fun of the game you like :'(((((((
>Fucking combofiend won't fix the goddamn combo system motherfucking FAGGOT FUCK!
That's not what Combofiend does you fucking idiot
>>
File: 1.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>386205304
But OP, I support the company with the biggest FGC presence. I play Sm4sh and Pokken, and I've been getting into ARMS recently too.

Pic related, my Pokken main.
>>
>>386215684
You are such a pussy. Why are you so personally assblasted by people that are rude about not liking the game? Also if Capcom refuses to change the things that everyone is so vocal about needing to be changed, it probably DOES deserve to fade into obscurity. There are far better fighting games that get way less entrants and views, and thats fine, but if so many people hate SFV the way it is it probably doesn't deserve the honor of taking the FGC to new heights.
>>
who here actually plays fighting games
>>
>>386216140
+1
>>
>>386205304
ArcSys is trying to kill Capcom, and I'm glad.

Capcom is a bunch of disappointing faggots and I can't remember them being any good since the PS1.
>>
>>386215714
I meant neutral is a small part of things from a time perspective, not an importance one.

New players get like a five second burst of neutral to practice and then they're blocking shit. That makes it much harder to learn the neutral game match up, and the pressure game is much more sophisticated and character specific so they have to worry about that too. Instant blocking, for example, is the kind of mechanic that tremendously increases the game's skill ceiling, but in a way that tends to make new players feel helpless when all of their opponent's buttons seem safe.

It's silly to say GG is easy to learn, and it's equally silly to say most of its match ups are neutral heavy at a high level (tournament play proves otherwise).
>>
>>386208632

Get a load of this faggot
>>
File: sickdarkfighter.jpg (82KB, 700x583px) Image search: [Google]
sickdarkfighter.jpg
82KB, 700x583px
>>386215954
Make them look less faggy and anime, and more manly and urban. Like this.
>>
>>386205680
Who the fuck thinks r/Kappa is the voice of the fighting game community
>>
>>386216140
I used to play SFIV avidly and played a lot of ST on GGPO. I am not saying this as a joke or to be dramatic, SFV literally killed my interest in playing fighting games.
>>
File: happybirthday_yuzuriha.jpg (438KB, 854x1472px) Image search: [Google]
happybirthday_yuzuriha.jpg
438KB, 854x1472px
>>386215783
Nothing is impossible
>>
>>386216049
That's a relatively minor issue. Especially compared with netcode.
>>
I just want to say
Fighting Games are really something great.
>>
>>386215714
>The real reason arcsys fighters scare away new players is because the amount of character and mechanical knowledge to even reach an intermediate level is vast as fuck compared to more accessible games.

This. Everybody in these fucking anime games have their own gimmick with their own resources and rules it's not enough to know that if this character hits me with this move some of his moves will attract me but you must know all of the dirty shit as well coupled with the insane execution required and the extra defensive system mechanics you have to know to reduce the bullshit of anime fighters makes it almost impossible to get into. I envy the people that have the skills to play these games because they look amazing but it's a chore to say the least.
>>
>>386216328
wow ur criticizing sfv??????? ok obviously reddit kappa ur kappa go back
>>
>>386215528
>and some new, competent fighter to take it's place.

Hello:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ggdsM7fA4g
>>
>>386216345
Not him but I want to play her. I can only do basic shit though, I don't get how people use stance and teleport moves, they always seem worthless in other games.
>>
>>386216358
But I asked you about people you want to thank for supporting you
>>
>>386216347
>That's a relatively minor issue.
Yes and no, especially when its the first thing you come across. And first impressions are everything.
>>
>>386216239
never said its easy to learn, but I also think it should take a reasonable amount of work to get to the intermediate or competent level for a fighting game to provide the rewarding feeling that people like me are looking for. It's like your return on the investment, and it's totally absent in SFV. Not to mention that a game that has hundreds of thousands of people watching should have the technical skill ceiling to justify broadcasting "high level" matches to that many people.

High level GG is way more neutral heavy than SFV is at least, even when characters like Chipp are on screen that thrive in disrupting characters' neutral.
>>
>>386216003
>>386216089
How am I wrong? You make fun of SFV characters but then you're ok with shit like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmlwfg3u8vw

>some old faggot vs some young faggot edgelord that turns into a monster when he gets real mad and STILL gets his ass kicked
>lots of closeups of them gazing into each others eyes and glistening with sweat as they talk in real deep voices about "ending" each other
>overly dramatic music trying to make this gay shit not seem not like the retarded joke it is

Least Ono doesn't take his shit seriously, Harada legit thinks this shit is badass, why do you think the fat fuck always walks around wearing shades indoors and trying to pretend to be a badass? Guy thinks he's hehiachi irl lmfao
>>
>>386205485
Saturday Night slammmasters.
>>
>>386215649
>I'm not the only one complaining
theyre obviously not listening to complaints, but instead to the money. if sf5 dies, then so will evo and the pro tour. I'm a youngfag, without any sentiment towards the brand. The series could die, for all i care.

>Says the faggot that can't get enough of that Capcom dick out of their mouth
ive stopped playing their shit game. Yes, i still catch streams.
>>
File: 1501638934730.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501638934730.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>386216454
Yuzu can reposition to immediately let specific combos work, dodge attacks and just free hits, and or cross up if you're fast enough
https://twitter.com/takawarai0905/status/893047793673060352
https://twitter.com/bigorados/status/889961197709164546

I don't play her but apparently she got a bit easier to play
>>
>>386216840
The problem I have is when are you even supposed to use that shit? It seems risky in neutral because everyone has fuckhuge hitboxes. After a knockdown it still seems kinda awkward.
>>
>>386205304
You convince me anon, buying sfv right now
>>
File: 1493780506366.gif (115KB, 485x490px) Image search: [Google]
1493780506366.gif
115KB, 485x490px
>>386216956
Yuzu's entire gameplan is to make it hell for people to try and get in on her. If they try to lame you out instead, she can immediately get in your face, do a combo, and make you reconsider laming her out and try to approach her. She's got one of the longer reaches in the game so that's not too much of an issue for her.
>>
>>386215684
>stop saying bad stuff about the game i'm assigned to damage control for :(
I can't wait for you faggots to be out of a job once World and MvCI inevitably flop.
>>
>>386216535
>It's like your return on the investment, and it's totally absent in SFV
Nah, SFV is definitely something you can improve on. There's less technical stuff to learn, but SFV's development mantra was all about going back to Super Turbo fundamentals. Footsies and conditioning people. Obviously it's debateable on how successful they were with the footsies part.

>High level GG is way more neutral heavy than SFV is at least, even when characters like Chipp are on screen that thrive in disrupting characters' neutral.
Fuck no. There's a reason GG sets generally end pretty quickly.

It's not like GG's pressure game is illegitimate or GG is a bad game because neutral is relatively short lived. A lot of people enjoy blocking tough mix ups and then retaliating, defense in anime games can be super impressive. It's just obvious that GG has a more short lived neutral game than possibly every somewhat popular 2D fighter (as much as Guilty Gear players shit on BlazBlue it has way more neutral heavy match ups).

Comically enough, SFV and GG have the same fundamental problem- it's easy to get in on people. People like GG more because the pressure in it is way more interesting, while SFV's pressure is much more simple and boring.
>>
>can go in a GG thread without any other games raiding it
>can't go in a SF thread without people raiding it

????
>>
>>386217471
If you would like to talk about fighting games with non-obnoxious people that actually play them, try /vg/
>>
>>386217471
This seemed like a fighting game thread instead of just another SFV thread
>>
>>386217471
It's because these animefags want our game to die
>>
>>386205304
>killing off the FGC
but that's what I want
>>
>>386217471
OP was clearly being sarcastic and actually parodying and mocking SF fans and their claims that everyone HAS to support their game or else all fighting games in general die.

The industry wide equivalent of threatening to rip out the power cord and leave if everybody at the party doesn't only play what you want.
>>
>>386208709
>Mommy, look, my argument is BIG
>>
>>386216606
Tekken's writing is retarded but that doesn't make it a bad game
>>
Support SFV or your precious anime waifus die. Say goodbye to Baiken and I-No if SF V dies.
>>
File: 1497360436804.jpg (39KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1497360436804.jpg
39KB, 1024x576px
>>386205304
I never gave two fucks about competitive gaming, I actually see it as extremely cancerous.
I play fighting games for personal fun, I did it for two decades and I won't stop now.
And to a "filthy casual" like me, SFV is one of the worst turds in history of fighting games. And if my constant criticism will kill the FGC, let it be. I'd rather get nothing than something like SFV.
>>
File: 1483863666487.jpg (16KB, 218x290px) Image search: [Google]
1483863666487.jpg
16KB, 218x290px
Okay, FGC, we get it.
Capcom's dick is the most delicious thing you've ever tasted in your entire life and you refuse to stop suckling on it like you have been since SF2 and the only thing to come remotely close to the taste is Melee.
>>
>>386205304
Let it die. Capcom fucked it up and mvci is the final nail in the coffin. New communities will rise up and continue with other fighting games.
>>
Thing is about the whole 210k viewership thing is... tekken got 170k viewers, which is absolutely amazing.

SFV failing will mean nothing for the FGC, sure it will fuck up a few major tournaments but thats a price worth paying.
>>
>>386218194
If it dies, your games die too, dumbass.
>>
>>386218226
Why? Why would that stop people already playing fighting game that isn't dying from dying again?
>>
>>386218306
It means no new blood comes to your games and they dwindle down and die for good. Your games barely get players and tourney entrants as is. Like James Chen said, SFV dies, we're gonna be dominated by Melee. You want a world where all the tournies are melee? NO? Then stfu about SFV.
>>
>>386218306
Arcdrones have proven they can't run a proper tournament and they're dramaqueens that just like to talk shit about other games without being able to take any themselves. This was shown when they cried to have Smash banned after Smashfags started to bully back during CEO and EVO last year.

Capcom dies and NRS and Nintendo rule. When that happens I doubt they would keep anime around since the community has done nothing but shit on both of them.
>>
>>386205304
Capcom has done nothing but shoot itself in the foot over and over. They are the only one killing fighting games, the other companies are at least trying to put their best foot forward while Capcom sees how low they can go before people don't take their shit anymore.
>>
>>386218226
>tekken
>nrs
>anime games
>relying on sf success
they have enough mainstream appeal to not rely on evo and lesser tounnies. it really is just evo, when it comes to capcom supporting other games, regardless.

>buh buh, trailers and reveals
its just an other avenue for marketing. it doesnt make r break fighting games
>>
>>386205304
Fighting games can definitely survive. The fucking problem is that Capcom is blatantly cashing in on the series so they made it braindead simple.
>>
>>386205304
Tekken will continue to be made until Bamco dies. They're in love with that shit to the detriment of every other IP they own.
They're willing to put Tekken before Jump!
>>
>>386219238
Luffy is gonna be in Tekken 8, Jotaro kills devil kazuya
>>
>>386205874
If you didn't want fighting games to die you would have supported Soul Calibur V or Killer Instinct.
You let us die, now there's nobody to stand up for you and you desserve it.

Let the Meleefags feast on EVO's corpse.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 268x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 268x270px
>>386205304
>no more Tekken is getting made

Ok kid, holy shit.
>>
>>386219238
Tekken doesn't have a billion licensing deals to go through
>>
>>386205304
Fuck off. Rare and SNK were the best fight devs. SF is a wet shit to KoF or Killer Instinct.
>>
Chen remembers the dark ages of nothing but SF3rd strike for close to a decade.
>>
>>386218226
Capcom fucked up SFV on consumer level and mvci is guaranteed to follow thanks to combofiend so when the fgc goes you know who to blame once you get that capcom cum out of your eyes, ears, mouth and ass. Another community will take its place and grow.
>>
>>386206075
Fuck you, you cunt, we had fighting games long before these dudes got paid to play them for a living. Shut up you over dramatic ponce.
>>
ps2, Tekken 4 solid 4 million copies. Let that sink in. 4 Million copies. Tekken 7 sold what 500k?
>>
>Fighting games
>SFV has 1300 players online on steam
>Tekken 7 has 2300
>Dead or alive, anime fightings and others have around 300 players each
Why is it such a dead genre?
>>
>>386219474
King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, killer instinct 2...
>>
>>386206263
>It dying means fighting games as a genre die
Lol no
>and the fgc dies
Good, but still, no. You think they wont just jump onto whatever? Get out kid.
>>
>>386219529
enjoy your dark age! or you just going to play dota or League?
>>
>>386206161
Darkstalkers is the reason modern 2d fighting games exist. 3/4 of the shit you take for granted was developed with Vampire Hunter.
>>
>>386206263
yeah dude i'm pretty sure the game will die because of reddit posts, not because capcom are too lazy to fix their shitty game
james stop shitposting
>>
>>386219584
anime fighters are less than that. Sub 100 numbers. Those games ARE SO GOOD. No one plays them. But they get on /r/kappa and just bitch about sfv.
>>
>>386206798
Nah. Times can change.
>>
File: 1939281.jpg (20KB, 224x300px) Image search: [Google]
1939281.jpg
20KB, 224x300px
>goobers
Lmao
>>
File: 1491321339479.jpg (7KB, 262x312px) Image search: [Google]
1491321339479.jpg
7KB, 262x312px
>>386206798
>this is what sfbabbies believe
>>
>>386206356
KoF13 characters cost $20k not adjusting for inflation each and they're the toppest top end of spritework. I'd be surprised if each SFV character costed more than $12K
>>
>>386219651
Dude what the fuck you want. ST is a broken game but loved. ST has random damage with throws. Unfinished animation like Hondas Ochi. But that is the game of games when it comes to fighters. It's because none of you miserable assholes want to give anything a chance. because it's easier to say something is shit and actually learn to play the game.
>>
>Yeah well if SF dies, guess what? No more GG or Tekken is getting made, did you think of that shit?

What? As long as games are bought games are made.

Neckbeard fats lording of their games as "esports" is money in the bag without effort.
>>
>>386205304
Just make Juri play like how she did in SFIV and I'll stop hating SFV and start playing it again. I'm not asking for much here.
>>
"the fighting game community" is not relevant
>>
>>386219584
You have to put a lot of time and commitment before the game really opens up and the fact its just 1v1 you have no crutch, no saying "lol my team sucks", no hand holding.

Fighting games is literally too hardcore for casuals nowadays that's why they're desperately trying to simplify it to attract casuals
>>
>>386209585
I wonder (((who))) is behind this post.
>>
>>386219415
Trash games for trash players, I'm talkin about real nigga games.

>>386219529Better hope Kakuto Chojin 2 and Tao Feng 2 end up being good when the dark age hits. Maybe that Shaq Fu Reboot will get made after all!
>>
>>386206075
Fighting games will NEVER go back to the dark ages in the era of Esports. If anything, other companies will pick up Capcom's slack. Arksys is in such a spot right now.

>>386206263
SFV dying does not mean the FGC will die. Stay delusional.
>>
>>386219928
not when fighting games sell less than what they did before the FGC went e-sports.
>>
File: 1501896375838.png (728KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501896375838.png
728KB, 1920x1080px
Thank God for David Sirlin!

"Skeptics at these shows (and there were only like 2 or 3 at each) would say “isn’t there just nothing to this?” Then we offer to crush them really hard, either with me playing them or one of my staff. In all cases, we crush them easily, as in more than 10-0. You might think people get salty from that, but the skeptics were all very excited. It’s exactly what they wanted to see, that there is a level of play far above what they were aware of.

Our highest praise, in my opinion, came from such a person who, after getting crushed really badly, trained at our booth for hours and hours. Then he challenged me again, and I crushed him yet again (slightly less badly, he at least won a few rounds, but not games). Then he said the first time he faced me, he lost a lot of times because he was unaware of this move or that, of this property of a move, or something. But the second time, he said he had full knowledge of all that stuff, and “he was simply outplayed.” That’s exactly what he hoped for: that a higher level of play was possible, so there’s a skill to it."

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/fantasy-strike-is-bringing-simplicity-to-fighting-esports/
>>
>>386219584
Higher entry barrier. No team to carry you or blame and when compared to FPS which on the surface is point the gun and shoot at the other guys, fighting games are confusing for newcomers
>>
File: Mitsuru_gif.gif (880KB, 584x397px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsuru_gif.gif
880KB, 584x397px
>>386219828
Persona arena sprites look better than anything in kof 13, that game looked like pure ASS
>>
>>386219791
You have every other fighter begging to get into tournaments.
Anime players don't run tournaments
Tekken only has Final Round
KI only has KI Cup
NRS will completely break off and stick to the mainstream esports leagues

If other fighting games could survive on it's own they would do it already. The only games that have proven they can are western fighters and Smash. Games like Guilty Gear, KoF, or Blazblue are literal leeches on Capcom.
>>
>>386220116
Why is every competitive genre/game currently trying to completely destroy the skill requirement?
>>
>>386220069
No one is playing anime shit, people like SF because the characters are mainstream stuff the west likes, buff manly men doing manly shit. Not little girls and fruity femme bois with swords.

>Tekken

Good character designs for the guys, but they're getting overwhelmed by all the gay anime shit. If Tekken 8 doesn't become a more dark and serious thing it's over for that series.
>>
>>386215954
If GG:XRd2's characters looked like the Overwatch or LoL cast instead of this, you bet it would be the best selling fightan ever.

The west wants either ultraviolence or cartoons, that's why only the more cartoony (DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, Saint Seiya) or violent (Hellsing, Berserk) anime remain popular in the west past their prime. You really can't sell a game to the west on waifus and bishies.
>>
>>386214215
I insult what I want, when I want,
>>
>>386205304
>Like it or not, SF V and Capcom ARE the face of fighting games as a genre, and if that game dies, the genre itself dies with it.
SFV's failure tells otherwise.
>>
>>386220338
They're trying to get the sweet Moba/FPS market
>>
File: 1348847366607.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1348847366607.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
>American FGC = FGC
>EVO is the only FG tournament
>people will stop playing all fighting games if SF dies now, in 2017
Every time.

Also, SFV doesn't have an arcade release. Think about it for a moment, what it means for Japanese players and the community.
>>
>>386220116
His game has dumbass inputs like a fucking arena fighter, it will fail. Also the faggoty character designs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxYPRB6W-0o
>>
File: 1501588912750.png (196KB, 473x471px) Image search: [Google]
1501588912750.png
196KB, 473x471px
>>386220116
Well I can sort of agree that the motions for special moves can sometimes be easy to mess up when in a pinch, knowing your character's moves and game-specific techniques isn't a barrier to entry, and the tactics and decision making are directly tied into understanding how your character and the game at large function.

People who use needing to understand the game to play it well as an excuse for being shitty at it are fucking stupid. Same with the ever present 'I just play to have fun" faggots.
>>
>>386220420
FFXIV recently ruined their PvP for this. It's trash now and not even fun anymore. Yet there are droves of people praising it and they vastly outnumber the players who were good and stuck with the PvP despite it being unpopular.
>>
>>386211960
Except we got that game in this new golden era of fighting games

Trash will come out regardless of era
>>
>>386218226
SF died for 10+ years and all we got were even more waifus.
>>
>>386206039
Ono said for the fifth time if you brought the newest Darkstalkers HD rehash they'd think about it and fans stopped falling for it so they turned around and said there was no interest
>>
I don't want fighting games to die anf yes Capcom is leading the FGC at thr moment but can we all admit that SFV sucks?
>>
>>386220420
This.
(((Accessibility))) is killing games for actual players just so normies can feel good for a week before dropping the game altogether to go play something on their phone or the next hot new release.
>>
File: seeyoulaterspacecowboy.gif (2MB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
seeyoulaterspacecowboy.gif
2MB, 480x309px
>>386220473
Holy shit that gameplay and character design look fucking awful.
>>
>>386220393
This man understands. SF caters to the cartoony side, so it's successful. MK caters to ultraviolence, so its successful. Anime games are too fucking weird, if there was a One Piece or Berserk fighter that shit would be immensely popular and rival SF most likely. I'm sorry but GG and BB designs are a huge turnoff, most of the characters look retarded as fuck like "Badman" and "Elphelt". The cool characters are rare as fuck, like Sol and I-No and Baiken.
>>
>>386219415
>SF is a wet shit to KoF or Killer Instinct.
Go be a poseur somewhere else. I might have been able to buy you being a legitimate SNK fanboy and knowing what you were talking about.
>>
>>386220538
Wait how did they ruin the pvp? I was considering playing that game again, I never did pvp but used to hear it wasn't that good back then.
>>
>>386219594
Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Bloody Roar, Samurai Showdown, Capcom vs SNK and a gazillion animu fighters.

We were actually better off without Street Fighter.
>>
>>386220468
>Euro FGC is literally SF
>The rest of the Americas are so small they're irrelevant
>Moving to Japan is outright retarded since their economy is fucking up horribly and the yen is getting weaker by the month
>>
>>386220468
Your image is why people don't like or play anime fighters btw. I'd rather play as Abigail than some smug anime girl.
>>
>>386220643
>>386220538
>>386220420
>>386220338
Also forgot to mention that I think what a lot of people seem to be missing out on here is that when you take the vast majority of the skill requirement away from something competitive that it becomes way less interesting to spectate. The lower the skill requirement, the less way players have to diversify themselves and come up with their own playstyles, and the less interesting or impressive things that can happen in a competitive environment. It all becomes so linear and formulaic. Makes me upset. First Street Fighter, now FFXIV PvP. Can't have anything nice.
>>
>>386220242
And I bet that shit didn't cost even close to $20k.
The point is MikeZ is a retard, fighting games are actually cheap to make in context.
>>
>>386220754
>SC
>guard step cancel: the game

>VF
>snoozefighter, played by 5 people total, 20 if you include beings on other planets/dimensions

>Bloody Roar
>furfag shit

>Samshodown
>went 3d and sucked ass

>CapvsSNK
>Amazing game, good taste

>anime fighters
>weeb shit that only gets played because the players like staring at the girl's thighs and panties

Yeah, you were better off alright...
>>
>>386210360
Considering this site as a whole has a (justified) hatred of Reddit bordering on fanatical, I fail to the see the relevance
>>
>>386220731
They pruned away almost all the abilities and made your combos just 1 button that you spam over and over. It plays like a shitty MOBA/ASSFAGGOTS now. Basically, even MOBA/ASSFAGGOTS feels better to play than this does, and the worst part is that the scrubs on the forums praising it vastly outnumber the PvP veterans who placed in the top 10 and top 100 regularly throughout the seasons. If you criticize the new PvP and say that only bad players like it then you get called toxic.
>>
>>386220340
Xrd and BB are probably the most talked about FGs right now in positive light. People WANT skill ceilings in fighters, not the shit you see in SFV and MvCI. Why do you think SFIV did so well despite the game being 8 years old when it was put to pasture?

People like SFV (not SF in general, if that were true, SFV would be a hit, but it isn't and Ultra would have sold more than it did) because its a shit easy fighting game to play and understand. People hate it because its too simplistic. Its like if SF was made for Smash players. Accessibility will be the death of fighters, not people catching on to Capcom's shitty DLC practices.
>>
>>386220116
>>386220473
Sirloin is the biggest ideas guy and everyone sucks his dick over his theories but all of his actual products are laughably shit.
>>
>>386220907
How the fuck is Mike Z a retard, he has experience in the game industry, he flat out said the characters cost at least a million to make, due to the animation being on the level of quality of oldschool Disney. Skullgirls animation was as good as the fucking Lion King or something.
>>
File: 1500312535906m.jpg (61KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1500312535906m.jpg
61KB, 1024x683px
>>386220794
>i like autistic man children to represent me in fighting games
>>
>>386220954
>SFV
>coinflip: the game
>>
>>386220967
Wtf? So it's like WoW pvp now after Blizz pruned all the skills?
>>
>>386221037
How is Abigail not a better character, least he looks like he'd hurt someone. Smug anime girls don't look threatening at all, wtf is some anime girl gonna do, trip and fall into me and apologize profusely? I bet I could grab an anime girl's ass and she won't do shit, try grabbing Abigail's ass and see what fucking happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBDdBphkVNs
>>
>>386221076
I haven't played WoW in a long time but I wouldn't be surprised if it's somehow even worse than WoW's PvP, and I say that as someone who has stuck with FFXIV since 1.0. It's just cancer. So many people happy that the "button bloat" is gone. Everyone plays exactly the same now because you essentially have no options.
>>
>>386221149
Stab you with a rapier repeatedly, for one.
>>
>>386220754
>Bloody Roar
Other than that the "dark ages" was great for 3D games. Now we have 1 or 2 awful NRS games and 2 Smash games per year shitting up slots.
>>
File: 1492024354906.jpg (144KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1492024354906.jpg
144KB, 572x303px
>>386221149
Its a fucking video game.

A video game that has people throwing energy projectiles out of their hands and jumping 10 feet in their air with no effort.

Anime girls are really where you draw the line with this shit?
>>
James Chen is only saying this stuff out of self interest, other commentators have been smart enough to diversify, even UD, therefore could not care if SF failed.
>>
The fgc is really pathetic holy shit
>>
File: Guilty Goobers.jpg (48KB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
Guilty Goobers.jpg
48KB, 570x321px
>>386221037
>manchildren
>lifting

pick one
>>
File: f098e85050-1486729885525.jpg (72KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
f098e85050-1486729885525.jpg
72KB, 640x559px
Baiting blatant shills is so much fun. Considering this is techniques I learned from baiting Blizzshills with Legion they really do use all the same arguments and strawman lmao.
>>
File: 1461844016227.jpg (336KB, 1280x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1461844016227.jpg
336KB, 1280x1062px
You know how fighting game players always almost play the newest iteration of their series but why are people still playing Melee if Brawl is here?
>>
>>386221382
Because Smash's scene is driven entirely by a cocktail of autism and childhood nostalgia.
>>
>>386220954
>weeb shit that only gets played because the players like staring at the girl's thighs and panties
yeah nothing to do with them requiring 10x as much skill as slow fighter 5 nope people only play them for pantyshots
fuck yourself, i bet you fawn over chun li you fucking hypocrite
>>
>>386206075

>"find speckles of gold in this pile of shit!"

Nope.
>>
>>386221382
I only play old games
Fuck new shit like sfv or that new shitty kof
>>
>>386214729
They keep bringing it up because Capcom hasn't fixed their shit yet.
>>
>>386205304

ahahaha cheerleading for the flaming turd that is SF

fucking end yourself retard, i hope that shit bankrupts capcom
>>
>>386220676
This really. The coveted $10M sales prize is waiting for the first company that makes a Tekken 3 clone (Best selling fighting game and highest-grossing post-90's fighting arcade cabinet) with League of Legends character designs.

But no, everyone must go against what the people want because (((marketing))) or some executive's little niece disagrees with numbers.
>>
>>386205304
>SF dies, guess what? No more GG or Tekken is getting made, did you think of that shit?
They literally did back when SF was dead after SF3
>>
>>386221315
Man it's weird to have Ultradavid comment NRS games.
>>
File: frod.png (855KB, 667x678px) Image search: [Google]
frod.png
855KB, 667x678px
this shit right here is the number one goddamn fucking problem with this game

https://youtu.be/45uUvx8H9sA
>>
>>386221537
>But no, everyone must go against what the people want because (((marketing))) or some executive's little niece disagrees with numbers.
Or, you know, people like ArcSys and French Bread just simply DON'T want to make the visual equivalent of CalArts to be used on their games.
>>
>>386221349
You'd be surprised.
>>
File: dota.jpg (46KB, 1897x198px) Image search: [Google]
dota.jpg
46KB, 1897x198px
>arguing over small, completely irrelevant potatoes when Dota 2 is having it's fourth $20 million+ tournament watched by millions
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>386221382
because the melee community aren't a bunch of pansies who can't stand up to the company that wants to shit on them.
>>
File: IMG_20170731_123751.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170731_123751.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>386221149
post like these are why i continue to come to /v/

The sheer amount of autism in display, amazing
>>
File: 42825692569.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
42825692569.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>386215676
I can tell that the artist who drew that picture draws cum a lot.
>>
>>386205304
>Thow away your standards for the series so Capcom can keep making money!

No, fuck you. Capcom, like other companies, needs to be forced to realize there's a line you don't cross with fucking with your fans WHO ARE THE REASON you stay afloat. A corporation isn't my friend, I dont have to support their bad or questionable decisions simply because it might hurt their investment. I'm the consumer you capdrone shill, they have to bend to ME, not the other way around. Fuck your self imposed anti consumerism.
>>
>>386220954
Try again, without crying this time.
>>
>>386221382
Brawl was horrendously awful and a lot of the game simply could not be tweaked without actually fucking with game mechanics and frame data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0r0DkNiqxc

Character balance was also fucked

Smash 4 is what Brawl should have been and Melee plays very different from Smash 4
>>
>>386215676
good character
sorry you can't self insert with XXCloudTheBloodegeXX
>>
>>386221719
It's just a jojo reference
Yes they've come this low
>>
>>386205304
First of all this thread reeks of shills. Capcom is finally panicking that their golden goose is dying. They fucked up SF5 and thought they could win everyone back with MvC infinite with the MAHVEL BAYBEE hype but no that's failing them too,and soon after they see the hype for DBfighers Z which is stealing MvC's thunder and that just terrifies them even more so now they've sent out their shills/Pro players who they have by the balls to tell everyone that they HAVE to make SF5 successful. The genre doesn't need street fighter at all,just look at fucking Mexico and it's history with king of fighters. If a street fighter "knockoff" like KoF can thrive in a country like Mexico then there's no doubt other fighting games can thrive without the presence of street fighter
>>
Stop being so negative, capcom only needs to fix the netcode, the horrendous UI both ingame and outside of it, the clipping, the p2 rematch, the survival mode being garbage, the lack of arcade mode, the game lacking close normals, the game having stubby short normals, the game terrible mechanic known as crush counter, loading times, the 6.2 frames of input lag, the 12+ hours maintenances, juris theme and kit, the multiple banned stages that they keep releasing, ken's face and maybe ibuki's, some stages not having transitions, some stages not having a round 2 theme, invincible dps, the lack of defensive options, the lacking roster, the terrible reviews on steam and metacritic, the combo system, the homogeneous nature of the character cast, the v-trigger system being unbalanced, the shop and things you can buy from it, the season system and ranking system, the cinematic not playing when you run the game, the lobbies that look like they belong in 2010, lack of a website where they post news instead of a random ass blog, having a proper PR team, actually communicating with your playerbase... oh sorry I got carried away.

Anyway stop being negative and capcom, fix this small list of minor pet peeves so that the crybabies stop whining!
>>
>>386220907
Come on man, even Seth Killian backed him and said that skullgirls was heavily on the cheap side.
>>
>>386221024
Because he's a fucking liar. TLK got made for $45M and at least $10M of that was marketing with at least another $20M accounting for voice actors, developing new technology and the fucking zoo they kept at the studio to reverse-engineer animal movements.

MikeZ got scammed or mismanaged a shitload of money, then lied about it. Skullgirls characters, even if they were 100% made by superstar animators, shouldn't have costed more than $100k each. Nowhere near $1M.
>>
>>386221238
Too bad a rapier is a weak sword, I can just grab it and now she can't stab, and due to her skinny girly arms I just snatch it away. Now what? Meanwhile if I even so much as looked at Abigail, he'd punch me like once and kill my ass.
>>
>>386205304
Chen is the worst parts of the fgc combined into one. Chen is the sole reason the "fgc" is ass and will for always be utter shit no matter how much e sports faggotry spit shines the turd of that goes by the name of fgc.

Ultra david is cool though and is actually a dude with some values who does not circle jerks at all compared to chen doing it all the god damn time. So as long as that Asian fuck is involved and taken in any way seriously by the supposed fgc then its clear is day that the fgc is still ass.
>>
>>386221964
Yes. a sharpen rapier, clearly designed for live combat instead of even rough dueling.
Great idea. I can see why you gravitate towards Abigail.
>>
>>386221964
>I can just grab it
sure you can grab it once and then lose all your fingers because you're fucking retarded and grabbed the sharp end of a sharp object
>>
>>386221873
>invincible dps
you lost me
no one cares about this
>>
>>386221624
LoL character designs look better than arcsys and French Bread though.
>>
>>386220907
You don't seriously believe you can make 1500 frames for 20k do you?
>>
>>386205304
If the FGC has to die and we go back to the dark ages for another 8 years then so be it. SF5 needs to go.
>>
>>386222128
Whatever let's you sleep at night.
>>
>>386221624
That's fine because they're weebstudios who really only want to sell to the weebs.
Capcom doesn't get to whine that people aren't paying millions when they literally seem to be doing the exact opposite of what their audience wants.
>>
>>386222080
>>386222063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwuQPfvSSlo

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

Now how is your anime waifu gonna stop me from grabbing that sweet Asian ass? I already got her sword.
>>
>>386221964
If you looked at Abigail he'd just go "vroom vroom xDDDD" like the retard he is. Just throw a HotWheels car in a pit and you're set.
>>
>>386222154
More people main Jinx than the entire population of people who even play anime fighters. Think on that.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 750x400px
>>386221149
>Complains about smug anime girls in fighting games when the game he's trying to defend has them
>>
>>386222221
>That's fine because they're weebstudios who really only want to sell to the weebs.
Or you know, their own native fucking audience who are pretty good repeat customers if they stuck in the game for this long.
>>
>>386222304
Everyone has always hated on this face but I think it's fine. Hardly the abortion of Ken or MVCI Chun.
>>
>>386222304
Ibuki doesn't look anime though.
>>
>>386222283
Yeah, people eat shit, the fact League of Legends and PlayerRetardo's Battleground proves that much.
>>
>>386222154
Compare the ammount of fan art for LoL to GG.
Hell just Jinx or Katarina have more art than all GG and BB characters combined.
It's clear what people don't find insulting to look at for long periods of time.

If anime fighters weren't anime, people would actually love them.
>>
>>386221662
>has no counter-argument
lmao Capshill on suicidewatch
>>
>>386222235
You'd have to be skilled enough to do that in the first place. It's like me saying I can just punch Abigail in his nose to knock him out
>>
Monster Hunter fan here, I'm glad Niggercom is shit now and is dying. AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>386222423
How is Jinx a bad design though? She's cute, she's crazy, her skillset is fun to use. Same reasons for why weebs claim to like the characters in their games, so how is she magically shit and their stuff isn't? Because whites designs her and not Japanese?
>>
>>386222502
>Compare the ammount of fan art for LoL to GG.
Compare the fact you can go the fucking hell, and you can take your shitty MOBA, with its shitty pixar-lite knock off look, and piss off. If these people are so fucking fickle that they can't look past even GG's artsyle, I don't think they're going to be loyal customers.
>>
File: c41.jpg (158KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
c41.jpg
158KB, 1191x670px
>Street Fighter V
>1 million copies sold

>Mortal Kombat X
>4.6 million copies sold

Fighting games have moved on from Capcom. And they let it happen.
>>
File: 1501704675493s.jpg (4KB, 249x159px) Image search: [Google]
1501704675493s.jpg
4KB, 249x159px
>>386222418
Now you're just talking shit
>>
>niggas all sperging out over anime
>literally in the OP pic Cammy's portrait is 100% anime
>>
>>386205304
>if SF dies no more anime or tekken

nice logic capcbro
>>
File: PON.jpg (111KB, 563x752px) Image search: [Google]
PON.jpg
111KB, 563x752px
>>386222283
If we're going down this road then Street fighter and fighting games in general are completely BTFO by how many people play LoL plus >>386221662
>>
>mfw riot did a better job of making an anime waifu than the Japanese did
>mfw she can actually fight and doesn't trip and fall while apologizing or making uguuu sounds
>>
>>386222502
Kantai Collection has more fanart than LoL and DOTA combined.
I guess every MOBA should be about waifu battleships now.
>>
>>386222570
Her design is fine, but LoL's art direction is shit.
It's a hodgepodge of designs, made to market to every demographic. Most fighting games stick to what fits in their universe making the games richer. Designs in games like LoL are so contrived.
>>
>>386206075
I hope the FGC dies because of cucks like you
>>
>>386222605
>4.6 million sales
>and not a single person plays it

When less people show up for your game than dead anime fighters your game is pretty much confirmed dead and shit.
>>
>>386222605
MK is shit and the CoD/Overwatch of the genre.
>>
File: MtBrV.jpg (100KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
MtBrV.jpg
100KB, 500x715px
>>386222502
Most people who play LoL probably aren't even aware that BB/GG exist so i don't even see the point in that type of comparison.

To most of the video game audience fighting games just mean SF,MK, or maybe MvC.
>>
>>386210937
You are a clueless faggot anon, Tekken is the best selling fighting game franchise of all time (if you discount smash) and you can thank people who have nothing to do with the FGC for that. You are a fucking moron if you honestly believe that Namco would let that cash cow go just because Capcom pull out. Are you seriously this retarded??
>hey guys, Nintendo IS video games, if they ever go, Sony and Microsoft are finished
Thats how you sound kid, holy shit.
>>
>>386222676
Don't remind me, if there's one game I respect even less than MOBAs is Kantai Collection. No one respects artistry and craftsmanship anymore.
>>
>>386222135
Keep believing (((MikeZ))), doesn't matter if actual short movies have been made for what he says a single game character costs.
>>
File: pappenheimer-rapier-1620.jpg (260KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pappenheimer-rapier-1620.jpg
260KB, 1024x1024px
>>386222235
You really are a retard.
>>
>>386222714
GG has a hipster wearing a nightgown strapped to a bed fighting a big titty bitch with rabbit ears and a shotgun wearing a wedding dress, that ain't exactly more consistent than mobas
>>
>>386211858
But they wont stop like OP claims.
>>
>>386222726
So what you are saying is that Capcom is killing their brand chasing the eSports meme with games that are played at tournaments but no-one buys.

A lot of people still play Smash Bros. Melee, but Nintendo makes no money off of it.

Esports are one of the most cancerous memes in the industry. It's as bad as phone games but coming from the polar opposite direction.
>>
>>386222502
They have nore fanart because the game they're in is massively popular, duh. I'm pretty sure that terrible tumblr nose chick also has more fanart than every GG character combined but it doesn't mean it's any good.
>>
>>386222806
If rapiers are so great why did Guts beat Griffith in that later duel they had huh?
>>
>>386222369
>Or you know, their own native fucking audience who are
weebs
Otaku aren't a protected class in japland.
>>
>>386222817
Guilty Gear has a heavy metal influence (also counting Japanese heavy metal so things get weird)
>>
>>386213352
Are you dumb? That is always the case, how does this relate to "if SFV goes down we all go down"? Are you finally admitting thats a shit theory?
>>
What a piece of shit thread, congratulation OP. You've shit in a pile of shit.
>>
>>386222892
>Otaku aren't a protected class in japland

What does this even mean?

Are you trying to say arcsys and french bread don't develop for their own native audience?
>>
>>386222858
Not what I'm saying at all but we can't expect netherrealms autists to understand basic logic.

More people play SFV even with less sales. Same with Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, and Tekken.

MK is always dead a month after release with no one to play against.
>>
>>386211858
If Arms takes SFV's place then clearly the market has changed so dramatically that Capcom couldn't keep up with it.

I don't care what game e-Sports faggots are chasing after. I care about what game is fun to play with my friends on a weekend, because I am not looking for a full time job that I don't get paid for.
>>
File: 1499237007953.jpg (28KB, 600x629px) Image search: [Google]
1499237007953.jpg
28KB, 600x629px
>It's a retarded american thinks SF is the only fighting game that matters episode
>It's a retarded american thinks anyone gives a shit about their opinion on fighting games episode

SFV got left behind, deal with it and stop threatening to take your toys and leave like the fat kids you probably are. Worst comes to worst, fighting games don't become e-sports, boo-fucking-hoo. Only queers give a fuck.
>>
>>386222892
You know back in my day Weebs meant nonJapanese folks super interested in Jap stuff, not Japs. How about paying some respect to terminology and use Weeb correctly?
>>
>>386222591
If you don't want to sell don't complain nobody plays your game.
>>386222676
Would you be upset if such a game sold well?
>>386222878
Maybe GG would be massively popular if it looked like LoL.
LoL isn't particularily good, DotA and Smite are miles better but it still gets hordes because people genuinelly like the characters.
>>
>>386222921
I never saw a metal video or band with fags strapped to a bed fighting bunny whores come on now
>>
>>386214638
>No more fighting games.

Holy fuck are you still saying this? Newsflash fucko, a lot of fighting games can attribute their sales to normies that can't even play right. Namco and the like are not about to drop their BIGGEST cash cow. Holy shit, look how self important these pro players have become
>little johnny wont buy a video game about fighting if he cannot look up to his "hero" Wong who is now out of a full time job.

Fuck off prick
>>
>>386223118
Fuck off weeb
>>
>>386222676
Don't even get started on Touhou
>>
>>386223053
Netherrealms really made the right move making Injustice so heavy on story
I won't go to the game for any competitive, but as a fanboy I will go to it for a DC story.
Though I would prefer if Arcsys was allowed to make a DC fighting game
>>
>>386223096
So what will you do when top players quit fighting games since they can't make money off them? Or do you expect these guys to play this shit and make no money for their efforts?
>>
>>386215179
>but what if Capcom is insistent on keeping the game the way it is? What then? Should it fail

Yes.
>>
>>386223053
All this means is that NRS can afford to continue making games and even experiment with some.
Meanwhile Capcom has their shills crying on Twitch because they're on the tight rope but refuse to stop ruining their IPs shit.
>>
>>386222784
you and your history can go fuck itself, boatfag
>>
>>386223181
>If you don't want to sell don't complain nobody plays your game.
Except it DOES sale as is, to its primary audiences, Japanese Fighter fans, and the niche actual weeb audience and you'll just piss off your loyal customers for fickle new customers, it bit nintendo in the ass, it can sure as hell bit you in the ass.
>>
>>386223029
They make games for weebs foreign and local.
Sensible japanese people play normie games on their phones and handhelds.
>>
>>386223182
pretty sure you have those things separately
though it should be added every fighting game has its exceptions (Conceptually is M.Bison really anything like the other SF characters)
Exceptions help flavor things up if used sparingly
But stuff like LoL is nothing but exceptions
>>
>>386223289
I just insulted Kantai Collections though. I even went so far as view it beneath even MOBAs,
>>
>>386209735
>Fucking Syndra got ruined

Did you fell back to silver from g5 you filthy abuser? Truly a shame you can't oneshot everyone with QER now and you have to do mechanically impossible combo of QEWR to wipe someone off the game. Such tragedy.
>>
>>386223370
Its normalfag, dipshit
Can't use weeb right can't use normalfag right, I'm no blood hound but I can smell the fucking shill fresh off the marketing department's even now. Piss off, and save your 'suggestions' to the trash can on the way out.
>>
>>386223370
it's not fucking possible to be a japanese weeb. that's just a nationalist
>>
>>386223370
Thats not what weeb means.

And even if it was, a company selling to its audience and not going after people who literally have no interest in their kind of games isnt a bad thing at all.
>>
>>386223406
Oh wow lemme guess, some fag who went mid, lingered around her orbs, then cried because you died, then ran to the sub going "omfg she hit r and I died". Shut the fuck up, you garbage ass scrub. Syndra took a lot more skill to play well than scrubby shit like fucking talon and katarina.
>>
File: 282569529256.gif (3MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
282569529256.gif
3MB, 360x360px
>>386223053
And yet MK still sells well because people have fun with it for a few weeks then move on to the next big release, which is the regular lifecycle of a game in a healthy and thriving industry.

Meanwhile, Capcom, who follows all the rules that professional video game players kek have laid out for what constitutes a "real" tournament-accepted fighting game, wasn't even sure if they should make Street Fighter V and are now besides themselves as to how to make it sell better after only selling about half the copies it needed to.

There is a major divide in big-budget fighting games right now. First, there's the Netherrealm model, which treats it like any other video game where you put together fun single player content and enough multiplayer features to keep people engaged until the product reaches the end of its shelf life. Then you have the Capcom model, where they try to make a "sport" for "professional atheletes," of whom there are only a few thousand in the entire world, with the expectation that so many people will want to break into that niche that they will buy the game and train for hours a day just for the hope of reaching the outer brackets of a tournament someday.

Capcom's model failed and Netherrealm's model succeeded. Turns out that appealing to a few thousand autists is a lot less profitable than appealing to the entire sea of video game enthusiasts who only play for fun and don't have delusions of being "professional gamers."
>>
>>386223234
>Or do you expect these guys to play this shit and make no money for their efforts?

They're playing a video game,no one should have to pay you for having a fucking hobby. They're not performing some type if service,they're supposed to be enjoying themselves
>>
>>386216829
>if sf5 dies, then so will evo and the pro tour

SO. WHAT. CASUALS STILL BUY THESE GAMES THEY CAN'T PLAY. IT WILL GO ON.
>>
>>386223234
Have you actually played with a pro? I've played Smug and Itazan and didn't really notice, hell I've probably played a bunch of other pros. They're just one more match, I don't notice who I am playing unless they make it a chore to play with them.
>>386223316
>It sells to 20 people
This is a thread for real franchises, $1.5M+ or leave.
And yes I would play a GG with LoL character designs despite not playing GG offline because the people who play GG is what I don't like about it. The people attracted to the game not by it's high skill ceiling, but because they're fucking weeb aspies.
>>
File: 1386334054275.jpg (448KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1386334054275.jpg
448KB, 3840x2160px
>capcUcks legitimately believe caplel is keeping the entire genre alive
this fucking thread
>>
>>386223535
No it's the equivalent of being a brony or furry in America
>>
File: smuganimegirl44.gif (117KB, 316x385px) Image search: [Google]
smuganimegirl44.gif
117KB, 316x385px
>>386223234
>t. retarded american
I know this is before your time, but there was a functional world before youtube existed. I'm sure the 4 players (if that) that actually make enough money off this to not have a job yet will figure something out. It will be regrettable if they don't, but I guarantee my dick won't fall off because while I respect their skill, they don't matter at all to me and I can play the game and live my life just fine without them.

This isn't LoL you stupid manchild. Nobody in the FCG is rolling in dosh, except maybe the tournament organizers that profit off toddlers babysitted by youtube. Fuck, I'm pretty sure not even the MOBA players would have enough money money to live off playing games "professionally" if they were adults with actual expenses.
>>
File: 59134312_p0.jpg (1MB, 1065x1344px) Image search: [Google]
59134312_p0.jpg
1MB, 1065x1344px
I don't want the shit I like to "sell". I just want them to be good games. If they manage to be profitable then that's great, but whether or not a game sells well isn't as important as whether or not the game is worth playing in the first place. I don't need the mainstream, I just want a good time.
>>
>>386218226
Ou are unbelivebly retarded. If by "die" you mean serious 0.1% competitors don't bother then what the fuck ever, casuals WILL buy fighters still like they are party games like they always have done.
>no one actually plays Tekken
>yet it has sold more as a series than SF hmm?!
These companies don't NEED the serious FGC.
>>
>>386223472
>Huur durr my sacred internetz lingo
>>/reddit/
>>
>>386223785
This is why Darkstalkers is dead.
>>
>>386219560
The mad capcbro is ignoring this. No good street fighter game and another fighting game thrived. Hmm...
>>
File: 1488729015225.jpg (474KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488729015225.jpg
474KB, 1280x720px
>>386222878
Taliyah is cute as fuck and has basically zero art, but Jinx looks like a fucking clown on the scale of Harley Quinn and people eat that shit up. Really makes me think. Also GG character designs are pretty mediocre, the best designed character in the game is Leo but he's a combination of being UNGA as fuck and not an anime waifu so he has no art.
>>
File: 14974323002740.jpg (12KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
14974323002740.jpg
12KB, 211x212px
friendly reminder that

>only bitter tekkenfags wants capcom and sf dead, rest dont give a fuck
>tekken still outsells sf and will still be going despite whatever happens to capcom
>tekken production cost is covered by japs and koreans sitting in arcades for hours
>evo grows every year
>fighting games are buy to play, mobas are free to play
>fighting games have higher initial curve than mobas
>in fighting games you play as individual where in mobas you can get carried and still feel like a winner
>fighting games are not going away because there will always be few millions of people on this planet who want to make em and buy them
>>
File: 34022393_p9.jpg (59KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
34022393_p9.jpg
59KB, 650x650px
>>386223847
I'm watching a VSav stream right now and have been for close to five hours now, and can play it pretty much whenever I feel like with friends and others. things are pretty damn nice right now actually.
>>
>>386219620
NO FAGGOT, i will keep on playing Tekken like usual, wether there is a SF or not, because Tekken has NEVER needed SF. Remember the whole PS2 gen??
>>
>>386223785
>I don't want the shit I like to "sell".

Then why the fuck would a company make the shit you like? You think this is a charity or some shit? Even fucking French bread doesn't make games for free, they expect to get paid.
>>
>>386223579
Since when she needed them you low elo garbage having one extra from previous q is enough to oneshot somebody with 1 MR item.
>katarina being viable for last 3 seasons
>talon being viable since they took his silence except for few weeks when lethality was busted and everybody who could use was overperforming

shoo shoo back to waifuposting in /vg/
>>
>>386223709
Under-Night In-Birth sold well enough to get two updates, console release, and a PC port, it has a good thing going for it, changing shit like your 'idea' will just result in you pissing off your fans.
You think BlazBlue gets sequels just on 20 people? It might not be Capcom money, but BB and GG and Under-Night keep getting updates and sequels because they found their niche, and they make them at a good rate, and they avoid doing shit like trying to market a full price game half finished like SFV
>>
>>386223951
>because Tekken has NEVER needed SF.

Tekken 7 needed Akuma, SF's most popular character, to even get people's attention. Until he appeared in the game, people's impression of Tekken 7 was that it was some weeb shit with a catgirl and some final boss that looked like some Naruto shit. SF is literally the reason Tekken 7 sold well, Akuma got people who don't even play that shit to at least try it.
>>
File: 62186523_p0.jpg (540KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
62186523_p0.jpg
540KB, 1600x1000px
>>386224007
I expect companies to go on making the products that they want to make and the ones they think will sell. I will just go through them and pick and choose accordingly like always. Free market. I am not concerned with profit, I as the consumer am concerned with having a satisfactory product. They can worry about the rest.
>>
>>386223785
>but whether or not a game sells well isn't as important
That's why we're never getting DS4, stupid ghost.
Despite /v/ contrarian retardation most best-sellers are best-sellers because they're good games and I would gladly give up minimum tweaks for a couple $M to ensure the franchise living longer.
>>
>>386223809
Don't use terms incorrectly in a heated argument, you'll win them more, fink.
>>
File: sfags.png (44KB, 617x636px) Image search: [Google]
sfags.png
44KB, 617x636px
>>386224109
>>
File: 35366274_p4.jpg (139KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
35366274_p4.jpg
139KB, 512x640px
>>386224123
I don't need a DS4. I have VSav and VHun. Those games are not going away anytime soon and you are free to enjoy them. If anything I don't actually want a new Vampire game because Capcom would fuck it up.
>>
>>386220061
I will still have Tekken, and Capcom will have an opurtunity to make a change, and i can use my common sense and aboid bad fighters if they come out. We already have trash right now, so what does it matter if SFV is one less trash game in your destopian future of all these low budget fighters?
>>
>>386224190
Funny because Lei isn't in the game yet Akuma is.
>>
>>386224067
Nigger nobody is saying GG needs to die and be replaced by a cartoony zombie GG. All people, correctly, pointed out is that anime doesn't have selling power in the west and if someone had the balls to make a new game that combines high-skill ceiling gameplay with cute cartoon characters it would most probably sell better than GG.
>>
>>386223785
Then why in the fuck do you have to shit on other games?
>>
>>386224370
And I'm saying maybe if Capcom didn't continuously snub its loyal fanbase for bigger and bigger sales maybe they wouldn't be in such bad straits.
>>
>implying akuma wasnt inplemented along with changed eliza to test how sf characters will work in tekken system because next game is tekkenXsf
>>
File: 22603678.jpg (92KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
22603678.jpg
92KB, 300x300px
>>386224480
I'm not. I am me and speak for myself alone. I actually joined this thread hoping for some sensible conversation amidst the shitposting and got lost in this VSav stream and talking to friends.
>>
>>386223234
>So what will you do when top players quit fighting games since they can't make money off them?

WHAT WE ALWAYS DO/DID CUNT. TREAT THEM AS IRRELEVANT AND PLAY FUCKING VIDEO GAMES.

Holy shit kid. No one cares about them.
>>
>>386224606
>daigo parry vid got people to try sf3 and sf in general
>lol who needz them dumass proz

You sound like the kind of short sighted moron that wouldn't get why faker being so amazing with zed was good for league of legends
>>
>>386205304
What does Cammy have to do with this? Did the faggot try to justify #bootygate?
>>
>>386223937
no, we don't want SF to go away, but OP is spouting absurd shit and needs to be fucking told. And if our games do so well, why are tekken fags bitter? We don't currently have a SFV on our hands. We aren't bitter about shit, life is so good ww can taste it in our spit.
>>
>>386224109
>*took Akuma

ftfy. Akuma is Tekken character now, k thx bai
>>
>>386224543
You're barking at you own tail at this point.
This is why I don't play XRd2 online
>>
>>386224691
If League pros wanted to play a game to display their skill they wouldn't be playing a game with rigged tournaments that's basically a reality show with a side of video games. There's a reason the basically every League professional admits that DotA is a more skill intensive game, yet none of them try it on a professional capacity. It's that most of them would be completely overwhelmed, despite having nearly a decade of MOBA experience. Fundamentals only get you so far, and once you pass that 3k gap where you finally learn how to play the game they'll just burn up because they're not good players.
>>
>>386224691
>No seriously profitble FGC
>Tekken 3 sells WAY more than other fighting games

I can pull anecdotes out my ass too bud. Fighting games are bought massivly by casuals, and i bet a lot of them couldn't tell you who the fuck daigo even is.
>>
>>386224691
No it didn't, that shit got popular way past SF3's death throes.
>>
File: lol vs dotq.png (1MB, 1176x1258px) Image search: [Google]
lol vs dotq.png
1MB, 1176x1258px
>>386224910
>>
>>386224543
>maybe if Capcom didn't continuously snub its loyal fanbase
SFV was ALL ABOUT it's "loyal fanbase", focusing on the top percentile of pro players who stick with an SF game for years for the competitive aspect by focusing on the Matchmaking Ranking system, as well as connectivity between platforms to ensure the largest possible playerbase with no division. No story or arcade, just an almost pure versus fighter on release. Not to mention they made sure to put in all the popular main characters and not pull another New Generation.

If SF were aiming for "big sales" they'd have gone all out on the cinematic story first and foremost before anything else. Everybody and their wife's son knows that the masses are consumers and treat video games in the same way. The 99% who will pick up a game, play the solo stuff, try some multiplayer for a week or two and never touch it again, probably selling it back to Gamestop.

That's why out of all the other fighters besides SF, Mortal Kombat is the most popular. It has always been the series with pages of text and a story that remained relatively cohesive and progressed through all of the games, and it always comes in the form of singleplayer content. They make games in a way to get "big sales".

Of all the things they did objectively or arguably wrong with SFV, "snubbing the loyal fanbase" was NOT one of them.
Thread posts: 583
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.