[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have been thinking, is corporate dick sucking so bad in vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 000028.jpg (681KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
000028.jpg
681KB, 1357x1920px
i have been thinking, is corporate dick sucking so bad in vidya industry? we are not getting any artificial super inflated prices, we are getting pretty good quality products, we can use them easily and the game devs seem to be genuinely passionate about their craft.
>>
of fucking course there's too much company loyalty

that's just because the majority of gamers are 18 or younger and have no critical thinking skills

^^/v/ basically
>>
Corporate cocksucking killed Timesplitters and SW:Battlefront 3.
>>
>>386204034
>>386204260
like just look at other industries, especially in america.

health industry is blown way out of proportions, wedding industry is a fucking scam (hell, even buying diamond ring to your loved one means that some jew is fucking you on your ass), funeral industry pumps out money out of peoples grief while mouth water industry pumps it out of peoples misery and insecurities (halitosis is an made up illness and any case of bad breath can be treated with proper tooth brushing and flossing). food industry is stuffing sugary shit down our throats which results in many health problems, while they put the blame on fat by pushing fake science agendas.

i think us gamers have it pretty good.
>>
video games are not easy to make, that's why they can sometimes come out as buggy messes. but they can still be repaired afterwards and usually will be.

movies might be a lot cheaper despite having similar budgets, but that's because movies have larger audiences and more buyers than vidya.
>>
>>386204454
those aren't Artforms you idiot
>>
>>386204970
they're still industries you retard!
>>
>>386203946
Fuck yes it is.
>we are not getting any artificial super inflated prices
How are we not? A base game may be affordable at $60 but with day-1 DLC, Early Access and season passes for jackshit are artificially inflating the prices of a 'complete' product these day. Besides which, we even have situations where a season pass costs almost as much as the base game itself such as in the case of FO4, Battlefront and Bioshock Infinite back in the day. The season pass for BI was even worse because all you got were 2 mini-episodes.
>we are getting pretty good quality products
Almost every game out today requires a day-1 patch anon. MEA and DR4 are recent examples of games that are worse than their predecessors in all aspects. And this isn't an issue that plagues PC gamers alone, even console games have fuckhuge patches that need downloading. Not only that, we're also getting defective hardware too. Xbox Elite controllers cost $100+ and fall apart right out of the box at times, some people report that the dock of their Switch is scratching up the tablet which requires them to get a cloth to circumvent (yes, very easy to do but it still doesn't change the fact that it's a huge and obvious oversight by the developers) and PS4s are roach havens. The products are cheaply made these days.
>the game devs seem to be genuinely passionate about their craft.
I don't know about this one. Japanese devs seem to care about their craft but western devs, both AAA and indie, seem worn out and tired of developing their games. They seem to be complaining more, doing less and relying way too much on their ability to roll out patches rather than committing to a good quality product at launch.

Now, I'm not saying that we chew the fuck out of devs for the slightest mistake, piss on their names and pirate all their shit no matter what they do or put out but going around excusing every mistake they make simply because we like their games or products isn't the way either.
>>
>>386204260
Ach
My heart
>>
>>386204454
Most of these are different sort of industries though with a different business model and clientele. An individual won't be seeking services from the health, funeral or wedding industry frequently in their life, they'll most likely have a handful of encounters with them at all or maybe even none. As such, the likelihood of them being more willing to splurge on these services is higher. The food and food service industries are one of the most volatile industries around and people are very unlikely to corporate dicksuck so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.

A more apt comparison would be the cosmetics, apparel and beauty products' industries. Holy shit, the brand loyalty and dishonesty there is unprecedented.
>>
>>386204454
Just because everything else is especially fucked, doesn't mean that gaming isn't fucked too. Yeah, it's not as bad as most industries, but it's still fucking awful.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170805-001857.png (645KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170805-001857.png
645KB, 1440x2560px
>>386203946
>not getting inflated prices

I don't know what you are talking about. This seems pretty inflated to me.
>>
>>386204970
No? I mean scams that big has to be an artform in itself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.