[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh shit... SHIT SHIT!! SHIIIT!!! SHIT! THEY'RE COMING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

File: Louis_profile.png (72KB, 255x371px) Image search: [Google]
Louis_profile.png
72KB, 255x371px
Oh shit...
SHIT
SHIT!!
SHIIIT!!!
SHIT!

THEY'RE COMING for the left 4 dead thread.

Why was L4D so much better made than L4D2 was?
>>
Peelz ere
>>
>>386202895
no l4d3 :(
>>
GRABBIN
>>
WHITE ASS
>>
THIS IS GOING TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET REAL FAST
>>
I'M GONNA GRAB EVERYTHING I CAN
>>
Stop this shit. Left 4 dead 2 was better in every to the original except for the cast. There's literally no fucking reason to play the original since the all the content from the first has been remastered in the 2nd.
>>
>>386202895
>better
L4D was great but 2 was an overall improvement, my man
>>
L4D2 just felt hollow, the characters had no personality save Nick, and the maps aren't memorable at all, I could run through every map of the first game in my head, I can't remember any maps from 2 aside from Dead Center.
>>
>>386203253
>I like to suck huge cock
>>
>>386202895

It wasn't. You just played it first and got mad (Rightly so) that valve treated the first as a full price beta and released the proper game a year later as sequel
>>
>>386202895
Perfectly done balance
Intimately designed maps
Lovingly crafted atmosphere
Longer maps
Special infected acted a lot more nightmarish
Harder to be amazing
Easy to be decent
Really hard finales
Everyone read the first letter of every line
>>
>>386203253
the only reason people would want to play is because it's easier / achievements
>>
Because it took place mostly indoors. Indoor areas is where the Source engine shines. It's why Portal was atmospheric as fuck and why Nova Prospekt is the best HL2 chapter.

With L4D2 Valve wanted some more variety in their environments and completely shat on the game's atmosphere in the process. It just didn't work.
>>
>bind mwheeldown vocalize PlayerSpotPills
>>
>>386203393

This, and all the daytime maps were just meh. The first game just felt more focused.
>>
File: 4552.png (296KB, 485x400px) Image search: [Google]
4552.png
296KB, 485x400px
>>386203374
>>
still remember my first time encountering a witch with my shit 10 fps setup.

quite nightmarish.
>>
Favorite campaigns? I like No mercy, dead air, and dead center the most
>>
>>386203445
I wish it still worked.
>>
>>386202895
You're a fucking idiot.
L4D2 was the same game but with so much more. The ONLY reason to prefer L4D was if you liked the teamwork of playing 3 hunters at once on a team in versus mode
>>
L4D1 is more atmospheric, L4D2 is far more over the top.
>>
>>386203310
Ellis definitely had personality
>>
Report unusual behavior
>>
I dont know shit
We gotta keep movin
>>
>>386202895
L4D2 was pretty much "Let's add overpowered garbages to counter overpowered garbages"
>>
>maybe the helicopter is made of chocolate you fat disgusting fucking animal
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>386203445
>entire party non stop screams in agony and make retarded noises as they mow down hordes of undead
why are video games not allowed to have fun things anymore. Shit sucks
>>
>>386203310

>Ellis had no personality
>Coach had no personality

Lol what

Rochelle had no personality, yes, but you're completely wrong otherwise
>>
Rochelle ruined it.
>>
>>386203131
: ((( grabbin pills

l4d and l4d2 were both fun as shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8_JTg8ah68
>>
>>386202895
It's ironic given that L4D1 is more episodic and L4D2 has a clear plot connection between A, B, C, and so on, but L4D1 felt a lot more cohesive.The atmosphere and artistic design of each level was kind of in sync with each other. L4D2 on the other hand kind goes all over the place. Dead Center was more clean cut yet gloomy while The Passing and Dark Carnival are more bright neon lights at night, and then Swamp Fever and Hard Rain were just muggy messes. It didn't help that campaigns also had a habit to drag on, and who ever thought that two campaigns of walking through waist-high water was a good idea.

L4D1 was also more concise in its items, as L4D2 feels a bit spread out with its different healing items, throwables, and mixed bag of T2 weapons. Infected like the Spitter, Jockey, and Charger just feel like they tread the same ground as the Boomer, Hunter, and Smoker respectively. Just in general, L4D1 was tighter, and while L4D2 accomplishes more, it kinda spreads itself thin in the process. Even the Survivors are like this, as even thought Coach, Ellis, and Nick are fukken gucci together, Rochelle got her shit cut and is left out in the rain. All that put together is why sometimes it's still more fun to play the original versions of the maps.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS8vM7eGki4
quality
>>
Still bitter about l4d2.
>>
>listening to all of rochelles cut lines

why the fuck did they do it
>>
>>386204594

>Rochelle is a sweetie poster
>>
>>386203453
I disagree, some of those daytime maps had the best finales

I love the bridge and dead center was a good intro level. That being said Dark Carnival still the best.
>>
>>386202895
flawed premise
2 was better in every single way.
>>
>>386203997
wait for official instructions
>>
>>386204594
Wasn't she more fleshed out and was a News reporter? What happened?
>>
>>386202895
Because when you looked down you could see your legs. It's the little things
>>
>Shpeak up franshish, your voishe got all muffled from your head being sho far up your ash
>>
>>386202895
>Why was L4D so much better made than L4D2 was?

L4D2 was rushed as all shit. Valve tried to pull a 'Look we're not lazy and slow!' and shit out a sequel in less than a year after the first game, which took years.

Animation bugs, general bugs, texture oddities, missing dialogue, broken and dummied scripts.
>>
File: sexylegcoach.jpg (53KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
sexylegcoach.jpg
53KB, 637x358px
>>386205097
>you will never be able to truly see the beauty of sexy leg coach in first person
>>
File: Thumbo.jpg (85KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbo.jpg
85KB, 600x440px
>>386204594

>When Rochelle starts getting wet for guns
>>
>>386205067
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLkZpz6F8rM these lines are in the files but not in the game. My theory is they realized all 4 of the characters were wise-crackers and they were missing a 'straight man', like louis. They went too far though, and she ended up just being way too quiet. I still liked her though, I think she gets too much shit
>>
>>386205243
It reminds me a lot of what happened to tf2 over time, where valve removed all the great little visual touches that made the game feel special
>>
I hate that it's become a way to say something is better without actually quantifying anything, but the atmosphere really made a difference.
>>
Atmosphere
Visuals

L4D2 felt more like zombie gore fest B-movie shit
L4D1 was actually scary. Maps and Cast we're better too
Melee was poorly implemented in L4D2 imho
>>
>>386205428
Holy shit, she had such thing as a personality! What the fuck was Valve thinking?
>>
>>386205428
>6:15

all this gun shit is gold, why did they cut this??
>>
Louis has the most amazing laugh
>>
>>386203253
The ai in the second is absolute dog shit.
>>
>>386202895
L4D1 had much better atmosphere than L4D2
>>
File: names.jpg (269KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
names.jpg
269KB, 800x1200px
>>386205462
Do you remember how in L4D, there was nametags positioned next to each survivor? Giving it all more personal feel?

Player1 as Francis.................Player2 as Louis
........................Zoey as Herself...............Bill as himself

Where as in L4D2 it is simply thrown in the bottom corner of the screen:

Player1, Ellis, Player2, Rochelle

I looked into the files and found the code for the original name tags still existed. L4D2 had just set the X Y coords to 9999, 9999 for each. I restored it and what do you know, it was broken and dummied out, and can not display.

Cheers, Valve.
>>
Does anyone want to play on 360?
>>
>tfw 460+ hrs on l4d2

feels good. it's the only game i can jump into and just enjoy the time playing it.
>>
>>386202895
The maps were way more atmospheric, No Mercy especially gave me feelings of unease at certain points, especially on expert when you're the last survivor. All the maps in 2 are just too colorful and vibrant.
>>
>People liked L4D1
>Liking LF41 Horde events which were just get into a corner and spam shove and shoot sometimes
>>
>>386206390
I should also add that since the old maps were put into 2, it's definitely the better game.
>>
File: 498416518145454.jpg (62KB, 880x586px) Image search: [Google]
498416518145454.jpg
62KB, 880x586px
Why the fugg does L4D1 and Warhammer Vermintide have to be dead? Those games deserve to live and Overwatch, Paladins and Battlefield deserve to die.
>>
how did they manage to make all the gun animations worse in 2?
the pistols dont even have a running animation
>>
>>386206453
>not glitching out onto the rooftops in dead air survival
>>
>>386206513
Vermintide is still alive, dude. What are you talking about? Sure, it has a small playerbase but they're active.
>>
File: 1324432388899.jpg (62KB, 499x501px) Image search: [Google]
1324432388899.jpg
62KB, 499x501px
Why is there no l4d3
>>
>>386206630
Vermintide is on life support. The community is tiny and divided amongst the DLC and almost never communicates with each other. Might as well be dead.
>>
>>386206073
It's still there during the credits.
>>
>>386206781
I play Vermintide with my friend and we get people joining us to do missions in the vanilla maps.
>>
>>386206881
I mean, we get a good amount of people to join us on those maps.
>>
>>386206881
Well to be clear there's one major difference between the L4D1 and Vermintide community. When L4D1 was new people would regularly stay through the entire campaign whereas in Warhammer people only stay for one or two maps and then bail. For whatever reason, I dunno.
>>
>>386205040
wait my ass
>>
>>386203253

Second one has tons of daylight levels and over the top gibbing that makes it cartoonish and unremarkable. L4D1 was way darker and that's why it's superior, even if it was improved upon, the magic was lost.
>>
L4D was probably better because it wasn't a Valve game to begin with.
>>
because valve didn't make it.
>>
>>386207219
The atmosphere, weapon balancing, player characters, enemy balancing and maps all made L4D the better game.

The melee system in L4D2 was stupid.
>>
File: giphy.gif (592KB, 317x232px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
592KB, 317x232px
>was in a match where the guy was playing by himself at first then I join
>vote to kick me appears
>obviously doesn't work out in his favor
>another guy joins
>same thing and I don't vote to kick
>yet again ad nauseam
>decide fuck it I'm getting annoyed the guy keeps setting up votes to kock for any little thing
>try to kill him
>shows up again
>nope
>get to segment with car alarms every where
>horde shows up
>start shooting like mad man because fuck it horde is already here what difference does it make if we get through it faster
>vote to kick me shows up like usual
>denied by everyone
>everything is fine for awhile even had to repeat level because bad luck
>no votes for awhile
>get to bridge everything is fine up until the two guys that joined die on bridge or aren't keeping up
>get to rescue chopper with him
>I have higher health
>kill him
>kicked from match by host soon as the campaign credits show those who fell
>mfw seeing this salty assholes user name
>>
File: MY_FRIENDS_CALL_ME_COACH.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MY_FRIENDS_CALL_ME_COACH.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
>>386204083
>"I can't give up my favorite foods cold turkey! Oh my God... turkey... with... with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes... butter drenched dressing... tiny onions, swimming in a sea of sauce."
what did he mean by this?
>>
>GOTTA REACH FOR THE TOP
>>
>>386202895
GONORRHEA
>>
File: ttd.gif (495KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
ttd.gif
495KB, 500x223px
>>386204097
>Ellis "I love you."
>Tourette's Nick
>Coach "THERE'S VIRGIL" or "BURGERTANK TO THE RESCUE"
>Rochelle "BLARG"
all those moments will be lost in time....
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.