[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just beat The One Reborn, when does this shit get good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
So I just beat The One Reborn, when does this shit get good? The only good fight so far was Father Gascoigne. Nioh and DS3 were better than this.

When is the next hunter fight? I'm bored.
>>
>>386202037
>when does this shit get good?
When you play the DLC
>>
Nioh and DS3 are not better than Bloodborne.
>>
>>386202037
Go do the DLC, you should be high enough level and it's much better

It also has the next hunter fight

Also Cainhurst Castle side area is decent and you should be able to do it
>>
>>386202037
>Nioh
gee sir! That's some awfully obvious bait you're using. Golly I wish I was as cool as you!
>>
>>386202412

So the rest of the main line bosses are worth skipping? I already did the Cainhurst castle and the boss was a joke.

>>386202447
It is, the combat is way more fun and there is more of a story than one voice line from a window in each town. I honestly don't get why this game is so hyped up. I hope the DLC will change my mind. Was it just the first souls game for most of /v/? It doesn't seem special at all to me although I have a bit left.
>>
>>386202668
In all seriousness, I enjoyed the shit out of Bloodborne and it's my favorite Souls series game as far as story/PVE goes. Overall though I'd say I enjoy DS3 for it's PVP. The weapons system in BB was fantastic as was the environment, but everyone enjoys different things. IMO if it had better online play It'd be the perfect version of the souls formula. As much as I enjoy it though, It was a bit overhyped.
>>
So how many factions are present in this game anyway?

>Black Cloak Hunters
>Church Hunters (biggest faction)
>Executioners
>Powder Kegs
>Cainhurst Knights and the Vilebloods
>>
>>386203294

are the tomb prospectors a faction?
>>
>>386203294
School of Mensis
Byrgenwerth
The League
The Workshop (hunters only associated with the workshop as opposed to the Church or anything, though they've largely died out by the time of game)
Hunter of Hunters (though they seem to operate by themselves)
The Choir (I believe they separated from the Church at some point)
>>
Are the beast claws good for anything other than a quality build? My first character was a quality build with ludwigs, as expected. I really wanna try some other neat weapons, but am trying to avoid going down another quality esq build.
>>
File: 6677260560-640x360.jpg (13KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
6677260560-640x360.jpg
13KB, 640x360px
>>386202037
>Nioh and DS3 were better than this
>Nioh was better than BB
>Nioh
>better
>than
>Bloodborne
>>
>>386202447
Nioh is fucking good my man
>>
>>386206037
>>386202447
>>386202253
Nioh is not better than Bloodborne, but it's really damn good. Bloodborne is more approachable at the risk of being too shallow in the gameplay. Nioh has too much Japanese number crunching autism to distract you from actually having fun.

DS3 is just a mediocre souls format game.
>>
>>386202037

Is the game just too easy for you? My opinion is that The One Reborn is the worst battle in the game, and I really disliked that area as well.

I think you will find the game picks up towards the end, despite the final main area being quite annoying mechanically. Like others have said, the DLC is incredibly special, and (once again IMO) is probably the best content of all the games.

I haven't played Nioh so I can't speak to it's quality. I'm surprised you like DS3 more, considering that game just feels like "more of the same".

The story of Bloodborne is excellent. Finish it out, and listen to a podcast/youtube video about it and see if you're still not a fan. Best of luck my dude!
>>
File: blood4.jpg (620KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blood4.jpg
620KB, 1920x1080px
>>386203294
-Workshop hunters(extinct, if you don't count Gehrman. Maybe the Two unnamed hunters in the Nightmare frontier could be Workshop hunters)
-Church Hunters/Church(Brador, Simon, Yamamura, Amelia, the two hunters by the altar of the nightmare church, Gascoine, others are now transformed into the mob in the cathedral ward)
-Executioners(Alfred supposedly is the last one as they all died the cainhurst assault)
-Vilebloods(Queen Annelise is the last one, as all died in the Cainhurst assault. Maybe the Bloodcrow counts)
Powder Kegs(Djura and His ally are the last ones)
-Choir(Fake Iosefka, Yurie and Edgar are the last ones)
-Yahar'gul Hunters(6 unnamed hunters in the game)
-School of Mensis(Micolash is now the last Mensis Scholar)
-Byrgenwerth(Master Willem is the sole survivor, with the rest having transformed into the Slime Scholars in the Lecture Building and maybe the Mi-Go. Rom could be said to be part of it too)
-Hunters of Hunters(Eileen is the last one, with the bloodcrow appearing to be a defector)
-The League(Valtr, Heyrk and the surviving Madaras Twin).
-Tomb Prospectors(Any quantity found in the chalice dungeons, but I believe there are 2 or 3 of them in the "story" dungeons)
>>
>tfw no tomb prospector faction in game

i just wanna spelunk with my dudes with some kind of perk.
>>
>>386203051
>perfect version of the souls formula
Not even. Trick weapons are nice but the other mechanics are abysmal. Rally is worthless most of the time, forced dash when locking on with no option of switching to regular rolling, hilariously high counter damage on the player character to the point where common attacks can one shot you if you whiff a dodge, especially in late game, lack of builds due to no equipment weight system, chalice dungeons and their same environments, etc. The only thing I can give Bloodborne credit is it's atmosphere which is top notch compared to DS2 and 3. Everything else needed some more fine tuning.
>>
>>386208737
>lack of builds due to no equipment weight system

These have nothing to do with one another.
>>
File: 1499693595163.jpg (37KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1499693595163.jpg
37KB, 700x700px
>>386202037
>when a low insight pleb makes a post
>>
>>386207815
The passage of time is so weird in this game. Like allegedly this hunt has been going on for hundreds of years and yet Willem still looks the same.
>>
>>386208737
Actually you make some good points. After sitting down and play BB some more because this thread made me remember I still have my chikage build to finish, I remembered how PVP is basically a war of attrition and then if no one actually dies after 600 blood vials silencing blank so quick they can just leave. Just as an example from online play. also as far as builds go i agree as well, the variation is shit because certain weapons (looking at you saw cleaver) (((you too ludwigs holy blade))) vastly overshadow most other weapons that you'd use with your skill set.
>>
>>386209168
Yeah build variation suffers from what i mention here
>>386209567
Some weapons pale in comparison to others to the point to where you are literally gimping yourself to use a certain weapon. Not saying they aren't viable at all, just some weapons are WAYYYY too powerful even post-nerf.
>>
File: away away.png (5KB, 116x51px) Image search: [Google]
away away.png
5KB, 116x51px
>>386209567
>Using vials in pvp
you plague-ridden rat!
>>
>>386209528
Nowhere is it stated hundreds of years. At most its been 80 years, but it's probably closer to 40-50.
>>
>>386209528
That's because Willem is rocking them eyeballs, man.
>>
>>386209860
I mean I'd love to actually have a duel with someone but since most invasions i do are 2v1 it happens. If i get invaded I try to refrain but 99% of the time said invader doesn't give a fuck about any etiquette.
>>
>>386209528
probably like 80 years at most since Laurence creates the Healing Church.
>>
File: XJvhX0P.png (59KB, 791x691px) Image search: [Google]
XJvhX0P.png
59KB, 791x691px
>>386209990
Join the /bbg/ Fight club, we fight every saturday from 6 pm EST to whenever.
Search for one of these glyphs on root chalices and ring your bell at the arena.
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
>>
>>386209990
>most invasions i do are 2v1
ALL invasions in BB are 1v2, because the host is ONLY open for invasions when they already have at least one summon. This is worse than in DS3.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.