[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make a thing that prints money >sell it in limited quantities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: nes-classic-edition-box[1].png (40KB, 394x350px) Image search: [Google]
nes-classic-edition-box[1].png
40KB, 394x350px
>make a thing that prints money
>sell it in limited quantities and discontinue it shortly after release

What were they thinking?
>>
>>386199891
>make a bunch
>release only a few
>scalpers guarantee sellthrough
>scalp the unreleased ones yourself through eBay and the like

They're just ripping people off, not a hard concept.
>>
>>386199891
Nintendo literally doesn't care about the market anymore. They are 100% a vanity company for old men to just do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>What were they thinking
That they wanted to come out with some collectible and didn't think it would be that popular.
>>
I have 5 atm, want to get a few more, come Christmas gonna shift them all.
>>
>>386199891
Switch ad.
>>
>>386199891

How can I get a SNES Classic without cucking to scalpers?
>>
This makes sense. They were probably only contracted to manufacture through the holiday season.

If they make the same claim after the SNES Classic, they've got no fucking excuse.
>>
>>386199891
>What were they thinking?
They were thinking it would sell just ok.
>>
Nintendo's name staying in the news for that long is worth far more than anything the NES Mini would have made them
>>
>>386201506
>didn't think
you got that right
>>
>>386201429
They’re a public company owned by shareholders though.
>>
>>386199891
Why would anyone here want this?, only normies don't know about emulators, also nes games weren't that great.
>>
>>386202462
Nobody’s going to give a shit about last year’s toy when a new one is out. I expect demand for the nes classic to plummet when the snes classic is released.
>>
>>386201429
>The old men argument
Anon, all of the game companies are run by old men. Gabe is 54, Peter Molyneux is 58, Larry Probost is 67, and Kaz is 56. Why is it bad when Nintendo does it?
>>
They don't want it competing too heavily with the SNES Classic or their new classic game subscription service for the Switch. Sell a few units to get some buzz going, cut off supply to get people drooling and eager to spend even more money in the future. They know damn well what they're
>>
>>386199891
Simple, it was just a publicity stunt to sell more Switches. Notice how they discontinued it as soon as they realized the switch was selling really well.
>>
>>386203129
*they're doing.
>>
>Make a thing
>Don't know if it will sell
>Make a limited quantity because you're scared as fuck after the WiiU where you had to buy back consoles from the retailers and pay for storage space for year
>Limited quantity ensures you don't have these things sitting in warehouses
>>
>>386202592
Refresh that store page for a preorder and stick to it.
>>
>>386203008
you cant emulate that authentic feel
>>
>>386199891
>sell it in limited quantities
That's exactly why it sold so well. People are suckers for limited shit. They did the same trick with Nintendo Shitch.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.