[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>perfect the turn based formula >no one replicates it since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: pmttyd_characters-2_1280.jpg (514KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pmttyd_characters-2_1280.jpg
514KB, 1280x1024px
>perfect the turn based formula
>no one replicates it since

Why dont even of these devs try to follow in Paper Mario's footsteps? It's innovative and it makes turn based more active, a criticism of other rpgs.
>>
>>386195215
Because why should game devs put lots of effort into making great games when kids will buy it and like it just because it has mario in it.

Remember when mario games required you to be at least a little good? Why do these games even have a game over screen anymore. Sticker Star was an atrocity, and after that I gave up on the paper mario franchise as a whole.

I wish that paper mario games were still as good as TTYD
>>
>>386195580
Color Splash was pretty good
>>
>>386195580
Play Pro Mode, anon.
>>
>>386195580
didnt south park follow paper mario?
>>
>>386195215
because the Mario & Luigi series does it better. the crossover game between the two was pretty solid though
>>
>>386196404
M&L doesnt do it better. It just makes it irrelevant for the sake of just being about constant add related gameplay. Damn too whacky too.
>>
>>386195215
Well ideally not many would replicate any formula and instead would build on them or try making their own. But we have a gaming industry that is full of publishers that control all development and only want top dollars, not acceptable profits.
>>
>no one replicates it since

The South Park games
>>
>>386196245
Paper Mario might as well have followed South Park given the art style. But honestly it was more a copy of Super Mario RPG.
>>
>>386195215
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Steven Universe
>>
hey did you guys know someone redid all the paper mario TTYD textures in HD?

i've been playing it on dolphin lately and it's pretty good
>>
How the fuck do I beat the Master in pro mode without resorting to cheating with repel gels? His attacks become ridiculously powerful and your charges are capped to +6 damage, so you can't even blitz him dead with power bounce.
>>
>>386195215
Nintendo doesn't even want to. Sure do love Color Splash where you can literally screw yourself and make a fight unwinnable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOwKQ7mVc2g
>>
>>386198319
Mario "Jumpman can't jump" Mario at his finest, I see.
>>
>>386197167
He's talking about Stick of Truth, you dumb asshole.
>>
>>386198319
this is why i avoided the paper mario games when they forced ammo on basic attacks
>>
Stick of Truth did
>>
>>386195215
>perfect the turn based formula

What makes it so perfect then?
>>
>beat paper mario 64 like 8 times
>probably only beat TTYD twice
which is the superior game, /v/?
>>
>>386199554
64 is more comfy
>>
>>386197780
I remember trying to play it on Dolphin a year or so ago but it was pretty unstable.
Maybe I need more processing power.
>>
>I don't like timed hits
>everyone else loves them and will call me a fag for admitting this
>>
>>386200141
who is the homosexual you have quoted?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.