[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the best bad games out there? As in unintentionally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

File: 27368479.jpg (40KB, 250x315px) Image search: [Google]
27368479.jpg
40KB, 250x315px
What are some of the best bad games out there? As in unintentionally hilarious or so-bad-it's-good games.
>>
>>386189037
That game was not so bad its good.
It was just plain bad.
I even gave it a chance but the biggest nail on he coffin was the unplayable FPS.
>>
>>386189037
Wasn't this game supposed to have absurd and complex vertical combat?
>>
>>386189170
>Retarded AI
>Nonsensical plot
>Hilarious voice acting
>Glitches
No, it's definitely up there. With the right mindset, this is one hell of a ride.
>>
>>386189368
Id agree if the game was acualy playable to begin whit.

If it came to PC id ply the shit out of it but i just cant tolerate sub 20 fps in action games.
>>
>numerous people praise the hell out of the multiplayer
>get in
>at most 5 people playing
>months later the server shutsdown
So good nobody actually cared.
>>
>>386189576
I agree with you. The main problem with these type of games is that they're a fucking mess.
I love bad games. I think they're funny as shit, especially when done co-op, but most of them suffer from some fatal flaw that makes them goddamn unplayable.
I wish there was some secret society of basement dwellers dedicated to repairing these shit games so they were at least functional on a surface level.
>>
>I never played the game, the thread

It was the greatest thing that no one played.
>>
tfw you won the last free 4 all before the servers shut down
>>
File: ToGF.jpg (102KB, 250x292px) Image search: [Google]
ToGF.jpg
102KB, 250x292px
In all honesty, this. But, only if you're doing 2-player. The combat is genuinely good and carries the game for the 40 or so hours you'll spend on it, but the fucking story and awfully written characters provide some great fodder for ridicule.
I know it's a subjective as hell thing to say, but get a friend who's into JRPGs, a few beers and three weekends and this is a fucking amazing experience.
I've lost count on how many times me and my friend have gotten drunk while playing this and legit laughed our asses off at the terrible anime cliches that the game try to push seriously. It's fucking great.
And this is coming from someone who's a fan of the Tales games.
>>
>>386189037
It's like Vanquish's retarded cousin.
You in theory have the same style of gameplay of quickly moving and taking cover only when it's needed, but your slide is shit, ai is garbo, later enemies are bullet sponges that don't react at all to melee attacks, bosses are so bad save for like 2 of them (the kukri negro and the final boss which is blatant Jetstream Sam ripoff bossfight which saves it) that i actually think it's by design.
Not too mention it runs suboptimally all the goddamn time.
>>
>>386190679
That fucking slide could have been so good, but they never utilize it. So it all ends up looking goofy.
Honestly, they really should have made a Vanquish clone or something like it, because the final product is just a boring TPS with slightly more movement options.
>>
Dunno if this counts
>>
File: God Hand.png (433KB, 515x640px) Image search: [Google]
God Hand.png
433KB, 515x640px
It's so good at what it does, but fuck me if it ain't a genuinely bad game.
>>
none really

its not like a bad movie that has bad effects and acting so bad thats its funny

bad games are just broken and a complete chore to play
>>
File: tcny.jpg (44KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
tcny.jpg
44KB, 352x500px
this shit was fucking amazing, its incredibly buggy but still perfectly playable and worth some hearty laughs
>>
>>386191235
No, you don't understand. A bad game can be immensely entertaining.
I'm a man who 100%'d Shadow the Hedgehog. That's a bad fucking game, but despite it's shittiness it has a lot to offer.
Edgy dialogue is one of them. It's just hilarious seeing a Sonic character wielding a gun and mowing down police officers, while some weird dark starfish eggs him on.
But, there is legit okay gameplay here and genuine replay value. The whole hero/neutral/dark shit makes levels a lot more interesting than a regular bad Sonic game and the extra story you get, which is fucking terrible, is icing on the cake.
I'd say Shadow the Hedgehog is a great bad game. If you're the type of person who revel in cringey furry videos, but like Sonic, this is a great game for you.
It's like a bad movie, but better.
>>
File: Spartan Total Warrior.jpg (1004KB, 3258x2133px) Image search: [Google]
Spartan Total Warrior.jpg
1004KB, 3258x2133px
I think this is objectively a bad game. Graphics were bad even back then. Objectives were pretty much "kill everything".

But god fucking damn it, it was fun. I bought it because I was looking for a game where you're just another soldier in a massive army. Not a captain or anything like that, and the beginning of the game is exactly that!
It's pretty great to save your fellow soldiers from dying by killing the romans as fast as possible.
Anyway, you turn into a god later on, and even though it wasn't what I was looking for when I bought it, I had a blast from start to finish.
>>
File: Wanted_Weapons_of_Fate_Cover.jpg (54KB, 278x359px) Image search: [Google]
Wanted_Weapons_of_Fate_Cover.jpg
54KB, 278x359px
Underrated but.
>short
>characters are pretty much related to the movie, so the movie explains everything and gets them in depth (the comic is kinda averge, but makes the "started from the bottom.." angle good.)
>the gunplay makes no sense in science, but it's fucking fun.
I'd say it's more of a guilty pleasure. Loved the 20 round pistol, since the sound of it was snappy and so was the damage fitted to it.
Definetly deserves some kinda niche sequel.
>>
File: 6246.jpg (111KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
6246.jpg
111KB, 800x556px
This is kind of out there, but the N64 port of Quake 2 is so fucking bad it's good. The cut content, blurry as shit textures and wonky fucking control schemes makes it this beautiful abomination of a PC port.
It's almost worth calling it a mod of Quake 2 rather than a console port.
The only saving grace is the split-screen multiplayer, which I'll admit is legitimately good.
>>
>>386191698
that stuffs funny for a short time but if its actually bad you get over it in like 5 minutes and dread it
if you continue to enjoy the gameplay then its not actually a bad game is it?
>>
File: 1487207175447.jpg (9KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
1487207175447.jpg
9KB, 197x256px
>>386192072
Nigger this was a Doom 64 level quality port
>>
File: Sonic 06.jpg (37KB, 300x382px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic 06.jpg
37KB, 300x382px
>>386192193
What if you're enjoying the gameplay in a non-intentional way? Sonic Adventure is the prime example of good bad game. You can do so much wacky shit in that game that the developers never intended you to do. Just the boost system alone completely breaks the game and lets you clip out of bound and skip huge portions of the levels.
It ironically makes the game more fun to play because the competition that's built up around it is more fierce than a normal ''developer-intended'' route would be.
Sonic 06 is another great example. The game is completely broken, even for casual playthrough, but the glitches it produces are way more entertaining than the main game could ever be.
>>
File: 1501771898419.png (199KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501771898419.png
199KB, 600x600px
>>386192482
But, Doom 64 was fucking amazing. What are you saying?
>>
File: 1500433965452.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500433965452.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>386189037
Oatmeal cookie-san's game didn't look good even from the original trailers. The fact that it survived a publisher transfer is surprising considering the game design is essentially first person Vanquish.

For a put up or shut up moment, I can only imaging all the shiteating grins at KT when the reviews for this hit.
>>
>>386192589
Real question. Can you still buy Sonic 2006 on the PSN store? I'm curious..
>>
>>386191173
This is not a bad game. It's one of the most fun videogames ever, you can see the love from the developers.
>>
I'm playing killer is dead and its like if suda was on crack
>>
>>386190323

I never understood this "Graces f has good combat" meme when the combat is so on-rails.
>>
>>386193795

Last I checked, it's not on there. Sega would prefer if people forgot 06.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.