[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the PS2 only sold well because muh DVD player!! Why is /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: ps2.png (407KB, 708x464px) Image search: [Google]
ps2.png
407KB, 708x464px
>the PS2 only sold well because muh DVD player!!

Why is /v/ spouting this meme so much lately? DVD players only cost $100 in 2001.
Also PS1 sold 100m+

17 years and still seething smdh
>>
I fucking love the PS2 and I recognize this.

>b-but similar price to a regular DVD player
Yeah, similarly priced but is also a brand new fucking console. It had insane value to the average consumer at the time. This aspect was a huge factor to its success.
>>
fuck you did they a basic dvd player was like 200 min the ps2 was the cheapest dvd player by at least £150, same goes for the ps3 and bluray, everyman man and his dog wanted dvd quality because thats when consumer grade video surpassed the movies fuck you and fuck this thread you dont know shit
>>
>>386182127
Sony was just testing the DVD player function for future releases :^)
I don't get the meme either. The ps2 was fucking great.
>>
>>386182127
>the PS3 only sold because of bluray
>the PS4 won't sell because it has no new media format

These are things retard here have said.
>>
>>386182127
I mean its true, but it isn't a bad thing at all, the ps2 is fucking awesome
>>
>>386182127
just triggered nintendoniggers still aching from that ass beating

the current console lineup is a joke, I'm glad I jumped ship
>>
>>386183867
>>the PS4 won't sell because it has no new media format

I think it does for the Pro though

The Pro is in dire need to justify existing.
>>
File: shieeee.gif (2MB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
shieeee.gif
2MB, 320x193px
>>386182127
>Why is /v/ spouting this meme so much lately?
No idea. /v/ says Sony is ALWAYS "getting lucky" with every single generation
What's /v/'s excuse for PS1 selling as much as the Wii, outselling the N64 by 3 to 1?
>Muh CD
What's /v/'s excuse for PS2 selling more than any console ever including portables, outselling the Gamecube by 7.5 to 1?
>Muh DVD
What's /v/'s excuse for PS3 still managing to sell 85-sih million (which is still more than any Nintendo homeconsole except the Wii, and more than even the GBA and 3DS)despite being Sony's biggest failure thus far, only being outsold by the Wii by 20% (so.. 0.8 to 1)?
>Muh...
Actually /v/ has no excuse for PS3, they simply think it "failed" sales-wise

What's /v/'s excuse for PS4 selling nearly as much as the PS2 month by month, outselling the WiiU by 4.5(?) to 1?
>Muh... muhh...
Actually no excuse once again. It's not like Blu-ray is an exclusive format to PS4.

The other excuse /v/ loves to use outside of the format meme is that Sony got lucky because the competition fucked up, you see this one popping up much more this generation, even though Xbone is doing just as well as the 360 month by month (it was outselling it AFAIK, not so sure anymore though). It would also mean that the competition failed EVERY gen for the past 4 gens in a ROW. If you still believe that, then you should at least applaud Sony for not fucking up 20+ years in a row, like you say their competition did - apparently it's very rare not to fuck up.

The last thing anyone wants to admit is that Sony makes good systems and has the best 3rd party relashionships of the industry. The least credit people give to Sony for their consistent success in the homeconsole market the better they feel.
>>
File: PS3 purchase motivators.png (39KB, 721x660px) Image search: [Google]
PS3 purchase motivators.png
39KB, 721x660px
>>386183867
Blu-ray was evidently a pretty big factor in PS3 sales. It continued as a major reported driving factor for PS4 sales as well.
>>
>>386184285
It doesn't need to justify its existence. It's still the PS4 platform, it's literally irrelevant how many Pros they sell instead of normal PS4's as long as they keep selling PS4's. Sony's main interest is to pull people into their ecosystem, spend money on any game (multiplat or exclusive, doesn't matter) on their platform, as well as sub to PS+. Same idea applies to 3DS, Nintendo doesn't give a rat's ass if you buy the 3DS, 3DSXL, New3DS, New3DSXL, 2DS or New2DS, it's all the same shit for them. 2DS sold badly? Who gives a shit, the other 3 models are doing just fine.

I was actually surprised that PS4pro accounts for over 10% of current PS4 sales. I thought that number would be 5% max.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.