[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best turn based RPG's? Just finished FF9 and I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ff9_box.jpg (29KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ff9_box.jpg
29KB, 640x640px
Best turn based RPG's? Just finished FF9 and I want more games like it.
>>
>>386181668
Grandia 1-2
Lunar 1-2
Skies of Arcadia
Breath of Fire series

All very good examples of fairly standard turn-based jrpgs.
>>
File: 1479177630535.jpg (2MB, 2200x1553px) Image search: [Google]
1479177630535.jpg
2MB, 2200x1553px
For a variety of something else both in setting and mechanics Front Mission 3. A very underrated masterpiece.

Quite similar yet just slightly different to be interesting is FFX, in my opinion best FF to date. You should check out Legend of Dragoon too.
>>
No point, you already finished the best
>>
>>386183714
It'll never be the best with that god damn awful slow combat and dumb trance system
>>
>>386184163
In terms of gameplay which would you say is the best?
2?
>>
>>386184680
fuck off
>>
>>386181668
FFX, easily the best in the series and its actual turn based rather than ATB.

Its great since many actions can cause you to "gain or lose" turns and you can see how itll affect you before you select anything.
>>
>>386184726
I was being genuine,haven't played the earlier FF's and heard 2 was pretty good for its class system. Might have been 3
>>
>>386184920
The answer is V
>>
>>386184920
III and V have class systems, with V being the better of the two. II has a system where you level up weapon proficiency based on usage, and is pretty much a prototype SaGa game. People either love or hate II, more people hate it. The characters in IV and VI also have their own classes, but they're unique classes you don't get to change, not an actual job system.

FFV is the best out of 1-6 tbqh.
>>
Grandia 1
>>
FF Tactics Advance
>>
Just a few of the best turn based rpgs off the top of my head-

FF1
FF2
FF3
FF4
FF5
FF6
FF7
FF8
FF10
>>
>>386185274
>FFV is the best
Fixed.
>>
>>386181668
You just played through it. Nothing comes even close.
>>
>>386185670
You managed to only name four games out of nine that are turn based.
>>
>>386186040
>implyinh Final Fantasy isn't the GOAT RPG series unifying WRPG, SRPG, JRPG, RPG, ARPG under one series
just kys shitter
>>
>>386184920
dont listen to >>386185274 's lies, III has the best classes!
>>
It's amusing watching how the "le IX is best FF" kneejerk anti-VII contrarian meme has evolved and grown over the last 5 years when IX was almost never mentioned in best FF threads on forums and imageboards in the 2000s because no one gave a shit about it. It was always people arguing between VI, VII and X, and now those are the ones to be a cool kid and hate.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.