[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start a new game >getting into it >discover a better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: pepe gamer.jpg (357KB, 2712x2712px) Image search: [Google]
pepe gamer.jpg
357KB, 2712x2712px
>start a new game
>getting into it
>discover a better way to make money/progress in game
>restarts game applying this new technic
>do this several times
>get tired of the same old intro scenes and dialogues as they repeat several times
>never finish the said game cause its boring to do the same start missions/quests

Stardew Valley, Skyrim, Fallout series, The Witcher, Dark Souls, and any RPG in general...

Am i the only one?
>>
inb4 "u didnt finish any of those games"
Yes I did, but i can't seem to do a honest first playthrough all the way to the end without restarting and doing stuff slightly better than i did on my first try
>>
>dumb frogposter has autism
go figure
>>
Is it really necessary to do everything as efficiently as possible in games like Skyrim? You're just going to complete everything eventually anyways, there's nothing barring you from doing anything if you didn't gain as much XP as possible.
>>
>Am i the only one with autism?
No. Now, you actually have to put effort into enjoying fun, it's no longer a given like it was when you were a child.

not exclusive to videogames, adults have less energy and are more self aware of their hobbies. When you fuck up a build, your kd is below you standards, or whatever other restriction you come across, you have to persevere through your your desire to play the game the way you want. This may go against being a good player or playing the game properly, but you sometimes have to turn your brain off in order to liberate yourself.
>>
>>386181185
Why would you restart the game? these thing usually get stronger later in the game so having the tutorial cleared without it isn't a big deal. Besides there isn't much point to doing it in those listed games outside of maybe the early fallouts.
>>
>>386181663
Trying to get powerful weapons and armour as early as possible fits into the description i guess, and exploiting the game for gold also
>>
>>386181185
stupid frogposter
>>
>>386182136
I don't see why though, as long as you invest time in the Elder Scrolls Games you'll become powerful. Its just wasted time to go back and restart. A level 6 character grinding XP with an exploit isn't any different from a level 20 character grinding XP with an exploit, unless you're talking about Oblivion.
>>
>necroscope86 does this all the time
>instead of just acting like the current footage is the current footage he makes sure to tell the audience how many times he restarted like the autistic retard he is
>>
>this was how i played fucking awful torchlight 2 for a long long time

Holy shit that game is so bad.
>>
>>386181185
>never finish the said game cause its boring to do the same start missions/quests
>>386181467
>inb4 "u didnt finish any of those games"
>Yes I did
Well which is it? You say in your first post that you never finished any of those games because you keep restarting and then you get bored. Then you preemptively get defensive about people accusing you of not finishing them, which nobody even needs to do because you already claimed you didn't, and then try to say you DID finish them. Which is it?

Also, you legit might have autism or at the very least, OCD.
>>
I do this maybe once or twice if I really need to change my stats in an rpg. If you do it any more than that, you may have a problem.
>>
>>386181185
>>do this several times

Why? If you've found out this trick why would you do it multiple times for the same game?
>>
>>386183330
i never finish some of them, like dark souls where i changed my class 5 times before getting the secong bell of awakening, and the witcher 1 that never finished too cause i wanted to do all the side missions on the area b4 moving to the next, also stardew valley
>>
>>386183692

If you fuck up the math for early/mid game build and want it to be absolutely perfect so you don't waste a single point into your stats. I'm not OP btw, I'm just guessing that's a reason.

Minmaxing/fine tuning to such a degree that if you fuck up just one point you restart again just to correct the error.

I feel sorry for anyone who is a huge minmaxer and plays KOTOR without knowing about the minmaxing stuff in that til they are off Taris. The restart of that would be extremely painful.
>>
This is why I think games should have a way of respec, but not just giving it to the player to respec easily, the player has to actually earn the respec.

Bad respec examples: Path of Exile
Good respec examples: Diablo 2: LOD

Respec would alleviate so much bullshit in rpgs as long as it's not too easy to do.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.