[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always see people shit on the Wii U as if it's the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: Wii taco.jpg (263KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wii taco.jpg
263KB, 1280x720px
I always see people shit on the Wii U as if it's the worst system ever. But today I ask the question, what went right?
>>
>>386174581
It stayed out of the other companies' way.
>>
>>386174581
nothing went right for wii u.

>poor marketing
>region locked
>gamepad battery life is terrible
>third parties developers abandoned it
>has the power to play gamecube games but nintendo never officially released support for it
>nintendo dropped support for the system worldwide after 4 years
>>
It had the usual Nintendo style of system security, so great strides were made to do things with the system and its software very close to its premature "we need to report a positive financial year ASAP"-induced death.
>>
>>386175330
>>nintendo dropped support for the system worldwide after 4 years

They had to move on with their next system. They can't keep supporting a product nobody cares about.
>>
It's super easy to pirate on.

But really, it had all the Nintendo IPs it could ever need. Except a real Animal Crossing I guess.
The Gamepad was a decent concept too, it just didn't get fully realised until the Switch.
>>
>>386175517
Didn't at least 9 million people buy the system?
>>
Miiverse was fun
>>
>>386175579
>it had all the Nintendo IPs it could ever need.
shitty paper mario and star fox, no animal crossing, no metroid, no exclusive Zelda
>>
DKC Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
Miiverse was hilarious
>>
>>386175517
Sony dropped support for the Vita in the west, but at least they manage to still support in Japan. Nintendo just flat out said fuck every Wii U owner worldwide by killing support and porting all the games to the Switch.
>>
Almost nothing went right really.

I bought the thing solely for Bayonetta 2 and even that game wasn't good, let alone disappointing shit like Smash Bros and Xenoblade X
>>
File: lmao.jpg (9KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
9KB, 256x223px
Wii U had monster hunter in 1080p HD with online multiplayer and it still failed
>>
>>386174581
It's going to be like the Gamecube: not-so successful and largely ignored, then years later people will realize "hey, that was actually the best console of the generation".
>>
File: smokey.jpg (40KB, 546x277px) Image search: [Google]
smokey.jpg
40KB, 546x277px
>>386176381
PS2 > Gamecube
>>
Wii U is a good console,
just not a great Nintendo console
>>
>>386176381
The Gamecube had a lot of fun games but the PS2 blows everything from that gen out of the water, not even a sony fag
>>
>>386175934

>bayonetta 2
>not good

No need to lie faggot
>>
>>386176654
funny, I'm a huge Sony fag and i was blown away when i got the cube, with much better graphics and shorter load times also funner games
>>
Virtual Console was bretty good, just needed more shit
>>
>>386174581

so are the miis on the homepage real people or advertising bots?
>>
>>386176897
Gamecube had some god-tier party games, MKDD, Melee, Wario Ware, etc
PS2 has some of the best single player games. Katamari Damacy, Persona 3 and 4, Dragon Quest VIII, Grand Theft Auto
>>
>>386176940
the virtual console was pretty trash, especially the DS and N64 games
>>
File: 1495535775916.jpg (161KB, 926x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495535775916.jpg
161KB, 926x1024px
>The game pad was a pretty interesting peripheral, creating a makeshift DS with your television.

>Wind Waker HD was a nice touch up from 2003, sporting better lightning, slightly touched up character models, and a few game play tweaks.

>Super Mario: 3D World is easily in my top 10 Mario games of all time. It's a huge step from the bore that was 3D Land, with more creative levels, better music, four player co-op, and it's just a blast with friends from beginning to end.

>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is an amazing game that kicks the bandicoot's ass anytime of the day. A modern plat former that doesn't necessarily feel cheap like the Naughty Dog games of the past. It's bright, colorful, and the two player co-op is fun.

>Super Smash Brothers: Wii U is and will continue to be a fucking blast to play. The series might have just hit its peak here ladies and gentlemen. Nintendo is gonna need to try hard to match this installment.

>Super Mario Maker is a nice love letter to 30 years of the plumber. I've put dozens of hours into creating, editing, and uploading as well as playing other people's levels from around the world.

>Mario Kart 8 is more of the same if you've played the previous ones, but this time with an added zero gravity feature and gliding as well as diving from 7. Not as great as 7 in my opinion but still good nonetheless.

>Splatoon is probably one of the best 'shooters' to come out in a decade. The game is lively and full of character, and the modes are fun.

There's more I can gush about the Wii U. People say the third party support was lacking, but what we did get was interesting on it's own, such as Mass Effect 3 on Wii U, or Assassin's Creed 4, and Batman: Arkham City. All great games enhanced with the Wii U game pad that made the experience that much different.
>>
>>386175876
Nintendo doesn't support their products for a decade like Sony does. I know it sucks for Wii U owners, but they had to move on. Let's just hope it doesn't perturb them from investing in Switch later down the line.
>>
>>386177497
>but what we did get was interesting on it's own, such as Mass Effect 3 on Wii U
are you fucking kidding me? kill yourself retard
>>
>>386178018
I liked it...
>>
>>386177981
>>386177981
>Nintendo doesn't support their products for a decade like Sony does
Yeah, apparently they don't even support it for five years.
>Let's just hope it doesn't perturb them from investing in Switch later down the line.
I hope it does, fuck Nintendo.
>>
>>386175589
Yeah and over 60 million people bought a 3DS, should Nintendo never discontinue it?
>>
>>386178209
If I can recall, 3DS makes up 50% of Nintendos revenue now. They will never discontinue it until the Switch surpasses it.
>>
>>386178078
ME3 on Wii U was an insult, it was $60 when they had released the entire fucking trilogy on 360 before the Wii U launched for $40.
>>
>>386178332
By that logic they never would've discontinued the GBA or the DS either
>>
>>386177981
Nintendo consoles don't take a decade to get good first-party games.
>>
>>386178583
But that's wrong, dipshit, they discontinued those when they stopped being their primary source of income as well.
>>
>>386175517
It's not like they supported it during those 4 years either, right? 2014 was the only good year for the Wii U. Every other year during it's life was a complete drought and the only exception were soft releases nobody cared about (Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Kirby Rainbow Curse, etc)
>>
>>386177235
>Grand Theft Auto
The Xbox versions were far superior though
>>
>>386177497
>reddit spacing
Kill yourself
>>
>>386177981
>Nintendo doesn't support their products for a decade like Sony does
But Sony doesn't either.

PS1 stopped getting games from Sony after PS2 came out, PS2 stopped getting major releases from Sony after PS3 came out, pretty sure God of War 2 was the last big title that came out for PS2. PS3 had fuck-all for at least three years.

The original Xbox was only around for four years like the Wii U as well, and five years is the typical lifespan for a console.
>>
>>386178894
>They didn't support it at all!
>But don't mention these games, they don't count!
lol

People would have cared about them if the games were better, but they were still there. Nintendo released plenty of first-party games for the console, they were just the only ones releasing games for it at all.
>>
>>386174581
I'm guessing underage, having short memories, or partisans participating in console wars.

The Wii U was unimpressive and deserved its commercial failure, but I wouldn't say it was the WORST SYSTEM EVER. Far from it. That goes to pic related.
>>
File: 3do.jpg (166KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
3do.jpg
166KB, 1200x900px
>>386179535
...Why does 4chan sometimes eat my images?
>>
Very good library, albeit lacking in size. Quality over quantity, I guess.
>>
File: nich.png (69KB, 176x218px) Image search: [Google]
nich.png
69KB, 176x218px
>>386179191
Sony stops making first party games but that doesn't mean they stop making consoles or supporting third party devs. When the Vita flopped in America, they stopped supporting it there and focused all first party attention to the PS4. But they still produce the consoles, they still support third party indies in Europe and companies in Japan. When the Wii U flopped, they stopped supporting it globally. No more Wii U consoles being made, left indies to fend for themselves with their overpriced dev kits, and they didn't even bother to patch the fucking Wii U for more than a year after rampant exploitation. Nintendo just doesn't give a single fuck.
>>
>>386179638
haven't ever even played 3do but that's certainly not the worst system and neither is wii u
>>
>>386174581
Has about 10-15 good exclusive games. That's more than can be said for the Xbone
>>
dunno about you guys but w101 copies sold, tropickle cheese and tr4sh gave me enough hours and enjoyment to be satisfied with my purchase
>>
>>386179535
>>386179638
virtual boy was worse.
>>
>>386179487
There is a reason the Wii U didn't sell anon, and its because the majority of games for it, including first party games, are low effort shit that nobody wants to play. The only games that matter on Wii U are the 3 Zeldas, Mario 3d world, Splatoon, Bayo 2, Smash, MK8, W101, MH3U, and Xenoblade. That is 11 worthwhile games over 4 years, and 2 of them are just ports from the GC and 1 of them is a wii port that also released on 3DS. Nintendo needs to get their head out of their ass and make a compelling system that devs want to make games for so they can go back to quality over quantity. Shitting out games as fast as possible with little effort and aren't fun isn't exactly what I'd call "supporting your system"
>>
>>386179841
Sony kept producing the consoles because people still wanted them. If people still wanted the Wii U, Nintendo would be supporting and producing it. But they don't, so its a waste of time and money.

Dev kits were not overpriced, indie devs have said good things about working with Nintendo in the recent past, stop pushing these false narratives. Wii U is still getting indie releases.

>Nintendo just doesn't give a single fuck
Wow, you don't sound biased at all. Again, if people wanted the console, they'd support it with more first-party titles. but people don't want the console. That's all there is to it, there's no conspiracy or anything, so drop the victim complex and stop sucking Sony cock. They've done plenty of anti-consumer shit in the very recent past too.
>>
nintendo's incompetence with security

probably cost them a lot of third party games unfortunately since every one of their consoles is pirate bait but i picked this bad boy up for $60 and can play the entire library to my heart's content
>>
>>386180776
>nintendo's incompetence with security
seriously this. I think the shit ibm espresso cpu was a bigger culprit with 3rd party devs, but hackers already have access to the switches kernel. This time next year, there will be switch homebrew. Year and a half to two, game dumping and an SD card game loader aka piracy
>>
>>386180632
>and its because the majority of games for it, including first party games, are low effort shit that nobody wants to play
Not an argument, just your own personal opinion you're passing off as objective fact.

Numbers say you're wrong anyway, first-party Wii U games generally sold well despite the small install base and the console had a good attach rate, PS4 didn't pass Wii U's attach rate until this year.

>Nintendo needs to get their head out of their ass and make a compelling system that devs want to make games for
Devs also need to be willing to make more than their AAA photo-realistic blockbusters. That's a massive part of the problem, they simply don't WANT to make games for Nintendo, because that involves making something that's not an AAA blockbuster that doesn't sell well on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo could bend over backward for them and it still wouldn't matter, the games third parties want to make don't sell well on Nintendo hardware, period.
>Shitting out games as fast as possible with little effort and aren't fun isn't exactly what I'd call "supporting your system"
Good thing that's just your utterly and hilariously biased opinion, and not reality. Nintendo made some of the most polished 8th gen games, western shit filled with bugs and performance issues need not apply.
>>
>>386179923
>Has about 10-15 good exclusive games
no
only if you count garbage like star fox
>>
>>386180632
>Every other year during it's life was a complete drought
>Shitting out games as fast as possible with little effort and aren't fun
Well which one is it, shitposter-kun?
>>
>>386181709
If you disregard shovelware tier titles, its a drought
If you include shovelware tier titles, games were shitted out by Nintendo
>>
>>386181364
>first-party Wii U games generally sold well despite the small install base
Yeah, the games that mattered sold well
>>
It had a very small amount of good games

Biggest buyers remorse of all time, even as a piratefag
>>
>>386181873
Your argument basically boils down to
>I personally didn't like all the games, therefore it is an objective fact that Nintendo didn't support their console and that the games were of low quality
Which is just laughably stupid., your opinion isn't fact.

You're allowed to not like the games, but you not liking them doesn't mean Nintendo didn't support the console or that the games were objectively of low quality.
>>
>>386182067
>Only games I like count
Not how it works, sweetie.

No, lots of first-party games sold well over 1 million copies, which is great considering the install base was only 14 million.
>>
>>386181364
>because that involves making something that's not an AAA blockbuster
Yes, because making hardware that seriously constrains devs is the devs fault for not wanting to work on that system.

>>386182174
If the games were any good, the Wii U would've sold more.
>>
File: 1489184901026.png (32KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1489184901026.png
32KB, 808x805px
>>386182327
>sweetieposting
>great "all things considered"
>>
>>386182347
>B-b-but hardware!
And why do third parties want three near-identical shitboxes? Oh, right, because they want to primarily make photo-realistic movie-games, which is exactly what I just fucking said. A big part of the problem is what third parties are making, its not all on Nintendo.

There was absolutely NOTHING stopping third parties from making some lower-budget exclusives for Wii U, they simply didn't want to. They can only sustain themselves on their huge blockbusters, AAA development is not sustainable and is killing has killed AA/smaller-scale development. they could have funded some smaller games for Wii U, of they could make more on that same investment by funneling it into marketing for their new AAA game instead. Maybe if third parties had made more and better games, the console would have sold better,. Funny, right?

Nintendo producing a more powerful console would not magically produce the sales numbers for the games these third-parties want to see sell well. 10 million people aren't going to buy CoD on Switch. The target audience for the AAA games third-parties primarily want to make is not there, hardware won't change that. Nintendo realized this a decade ago. We need less focus on AAA bullshit and we need more smaller-scale development, third parties need to ditch the unsustainable AAA model and downsize.
>>
>>386183025
Not an argument, why don't games you don't like count?
>>
>>386183048
>Maybe if third parties had made more and better games, the console would have sold better,. Funny, right?
Man fuck off with that shit. Wii U's failure is 100% Nintendo's fault for making it hard to develop for with the gamepad shit and fucking up advertising
>>
>>386183048
you do realize the limiting factor of the Wii U was the CPU, right anon? The GPU in the Wii U was actually pretty beefy. Not as good as the Xbone or PS4, but still adequate all things considered. GPU is important for that "photorealism" and "GWAPHICKS" you keep going on about whereas CPU is more important for shit like complex animations, # of on screen characters and objects, NPC ai, you know, shit that actually matters.

That is why 3rd parties dropped the Wii U. Plenty of "photorealistic" games got ports on the 360 and PS3 and not the Wii U. You don't know what you are talking about anon, and more importantly, you don't know how hardware correlates to how games run.
>>
>>386180723
t. shill
>>
>>386183764
And I haven't even mentioned their complete ignorance for shit like online, friend systems, media functionality, and having a secure OS. Somebody mentioned security above.
This anon here >>386180776
I can download Wii U USB Helper on my PC and pirate every Wii U/3DS game, VC games, game update, DLC, etc directly from Nintendo's own servers with no slowdown or weird fuckery easily.
>>
>>386175876
Sony does fuck all to support the Vita even in Japan.
>>
Without mods or anything, I suppose it's a good Virtual Console machine and has some pretty decent titles, even if there weren't a lot of them.
>>
File: IMG_0416.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0416.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>386174990
Lol fucking savage.
>>
>>386174581
Its specs are decent? For a mobile platform, at least.
>>
>>386183764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPqWqbjOIJc&t=4m

context for what I am talking about
>>
>>386174581
Its great after the fact, but during its life it had some awful droughts and wasnt worth the $400 nintendo wanted.

It plays basically every nintendo game besides 3ds and arms that have been released now, and is the best nintendo console until october/switch gets hacked. I hope someone figures out jow to put wii u isos on switch
>>
The online system, while not as good as its competitors, is still a whole lot better than the 3DS and Switch's. Why did the 3DS still use Friend Codes after NNIDs got incorporated into the system, and why did the Switch go back to it despite being "next-gen"?
>>
>>386185589
1. Because the 3DS came out first
2. No fucking clue
>>
File: 1501463537800m.jpg (71KB, 519x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501463537800m.jpg
71KB, 519x1024px
>>386177981
>Let's just hope it doesn't perturb them from investing in Switch later down the line.
Why should they when Nintendo spat in their face for supporting them through tough times? They didn't even give Wii U owners anything as an apology.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.