[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm at level 9 of my first Oblivion playthrough in 5+ years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14

File: Oblivion 4 - The Elder Scrolls.jpg (51KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion 4 - The Elder Scrolls.jpg
51KB, 640x360px
I'm at level 9 of my first Oblivion playthrough in 5+ years and I'm loving it. So many memories coming back.

Let's have a comfy oblivion thread friends.

>favorite region
>favorite faction
>favorite quests
>favorite skills

I'm mostly playing vanilla, with just a few mods that effect the attribute system (make attributes increase with skills rather than bonuses on leveling) and let quest rewards level up with me.

Anything else I should add to the game?
>>
Wanna do some multiplayer? Meet up with me at cheydenhall
>>
I remember this game so fondly. My fishing level was like 98 or something. I almost had the skillcape.
>>
How is it compared to Skyrim? I jumped from Morrowind to Skyrim and was disappointed.
>>
File: 1498686760725.jpg (56KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1498686760725.jpg
56KB, 657x527px
Why is this game's music and ambiance so much more comfy than Skyrim despite it being the same composer?
>>
>Anvil and Bruma
>Nibenay
>Fighter's Guild because of my nigga Odreyn
>that ship tavern one, Akved's Tower
>agility for jumping around like a madman
I hate this game, actually
>>
>>386166161
It's the best TES game if you mod it properly
https://pastebin.com/75fzM5te
>>
>>386165072
>favorite city
Anvil all the way. Only went there cause of the cheap-as-free manor you get with a quest and it ended up being my go to city ever since.
>>
>>386165072
C H O R R O L B O I S WHERE WE AT
All of them
All of them
All of them
All of them but especially Acrobatics

Oblivion is the best TES game
>>
>>386165072
>favorite city
Skingrad, Anvil or Leyawiin
>favorite faction
Hard to choose. Probably Mages Guild.
>favorite quests
Finale to NotN
Whodunit?
Battle against Mannimarco(Mages Guild)
>favorite skills
Hand to Hand
>>
>>386166470
You heard of these mods?
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42490/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/14200/?
>>
>>386166290

I only got a toaster, so it would be on be 360.
>>
>>386166201
people sell their soul to the god of money, which is why modern vidya is mostly stale
>>
>>386166584
My honest advice to you then is to wait until you get a better PC then. Unless you're a clueless kid (like me) who was 10 when Oblivion came out and couldn't tell the difference, the vanilla console version is absolute dogshit. You at least need unofficial patches and bug fixes.
>>
>>386166161
>How is it compared to Skyrim? I jumped from Morrowind to Skyrim and was disappointed.
If you grew up with non-shit TES games, you will probably find Oblivion repulsive. In terms of actual world-building, atmosphere etc... it far worse than Skyrim, and it's not like Skyrim was amazing. It's a hideous and insanely poorly designed piece of fiction. Mechanically it's incredibly awkward too. It has a bit more complexity to it's mechanics, being stuck between Morrowind and Skyrim, but it's all incredibly thoughtlessly implemented and it does not actually enhance the gameplay much, while it does make the insanely poor U.I. unbearable.

Everything about Oblivion is awkward and completely clueless.

It's extremely popular along particular demographics though, because it raised a generation of console kids and was their introduction to open-world RPG's. That is where it's cult-like status come from. It's basically the Halo, or even more precisely Halo 2 for RPG games.
>>
>>386165072

Whodunit? is probably my favorite quest in any game ever.

The Dark Brotherhood questline in Skyrim was such a disappointment.
>>
>>386166698
Bethesda sold themselves out and replaced all the awesome Cyrodiil lore with LOTR shit to appeal to normalfags. I still haven't forgiven Todd.
>>
>install OOO because everyone says the vanilla level scaling is cancer
>one shot by marauders on the first mages guild quest
I'll keep it vanilla i guess
>>
File: MUHRROWIND.png (132KB, 433x772px) Image search: [Google]
MUHRROWIND.png
132KB, 433x772px
>>386166860
It's canon. Listen to Heimskr's dialogue and stop crying.

>>386167054
Get good.
>>
>>386166695
I was 20 and wasn't bothered when it got released as I heard it was casual as fuck.

>>386166698
I'll leave it then. Cheers.
>>
Game aged like milk
>>
>>386167107
>muh jungle
Shut the fuck up you nigger. I want the Nibenese and Colovians to at least look fucking different and not have the same soulless generic euro ""culture"", I want my fucking chinese semi-roman not-Akaviri Empire back you massive fucking faggot
>>
>>386167208
You think Morrowind or Skyrim play and look well by today's standards too? Of course not.
Mods are timeless.
>>
>>386167254
Holy fuck someone's triggered lmao
If you're this butthurt, here's a mod that adds more diversity to the landscape:http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/19370/?
>>
I'd play it if not for the leveling system
>>
>>386167353
How about a mod that fixes the game
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Cyrodiil
>>
File: Pleb Fedora Patrician TES.png (646KB, 1354x520px) Image search: [Google]
Pleb Fedora Patrician TES.png
646KB, 1354x520px
Why does Oblivion trigger Morrowfedoras and Skyplebs so much? It's better to just accept it as the best TES game.

>>386167365
Look up a few little mods called Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul and Realistic Leveling.
>>
if you play it after morrowind it's the exact same disappointment as when you picked up Fallout 3
>>
>>386167450
>I want a jungle
>Just kidding I want a non-european countryside landscape
Why are you throwing such a spergfit? You know every province has had different descriptions since Arena and Daggerfall times right? Why is okay to only shit on Oblivion when Bethesda couldn't own up to the original concepts of each province in the other games too?
Also: "CHIM. Those who know it can reshape the land". This has been a canon rule since before you were born, sonny.
>>
>>386167547
I like fallout 1, 2, 3, and NV
I also like morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim. Only currently am I playing through arena then daggerfall after
Only plebs think that because you like certain games in the series it means you have to dislike the rest
>>
>>386167471
What do you think of the reloaded mod? I have it installed, & there's a giant ass difficulty spike.
>>
File: 20170725233949_1.jpg (670KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170725233949_1.jpg
670KB, 1920x1080px
Oh shit op, been playing this lately as well. Here's my wench
>>
File: HotaruDrool.jpg (178KB, 608x720px) Image search: [Google]
HotaruDrool.jpg
178KB, 608x720px
>>386167818
Ahhh, someone who is capable of rationale thought.
>>
>>386167818
Totally agreed. People who refuse to play the other games in a great series because /v/ told them to are the weakest race. I see heavy parallels between this common form of shitposting in TES games for Oblivion and the Souls games for Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>386167870
Do you mean Oblivion Reloaded? That's for graphics. Never heard of what you're talking about otherwise.
>>
>>386167890
Mods for the facial features?
>>
File: beautiful ripe potato.jpg (74KB, 805x405px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful ripe potato.jpg
74KB, 805x405px
>>386168094
Not that guy but it's called OCO2 and it's terrible, get the first version which is superior. It's taken down from the nexus but you can find a link on this guy's guide: >>386166290
>>
>>386167808
I don't care about the jungle I want a game that didn't replace established lore so it can sell more. Arena and Daggerfall barely had any descriptions of Tamriel, and the little it had as all been retconned now, the entire purpose behind the PGE1 was to actually try to create some consistent, original lore. The description remained the same in Morrowind too.
And CHIM reshaping the land wasn't mentioned in the Morrowind books, it was a good addition by Kirkbride but the entire purpose behind it was to explain Bethesda retcons, which they were too incompetent to write themselves.
Try harder.
>>
>>386168094
Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2 - Oblivion Character Overhaul v203

...and something else I can't remember maybe. It's a popular mod on Nexus
>>
>>386168078
You sure? Because somethings giving me extra animations, & increasing damage if so......
>>
>>386167471
God I remember when we used to joke that time when people will make pictures like this seriously will come. It's just... sad.

As for your question, it's pretty much because between Morrowind and Oblivion, Bethesda went from "Making some of the best fantasy fiction in history of the medium" to "making some of the worst fantasy fiction in the history of the medium" with a snap of a finger. The things that were most beautiful about Morrowind, the things that mattered the most to most people, were suddenly the most offensively awful.

It's depressing. When it came out, it was like going from Alien to Prometheus, from The Longest Journey to Dreamfall: Chapters. It's just sad to watch. And it's even sadder to see clueless shitstains like you actually eating this shit up.
>>
>>386168352
Oh right, OR comes with retarded combat animations that I disabled immediately. But it shouldn't affect difficulty in any way.
>>
>>386167259
Morrowind plays alright in my book, sure the stat rolls are a thing but they only last for the first few levels.
>>
>Got OMM
>Got Wrye
>Installed a list of essential mods
>Game crashes on prison loading

Fuk
>>
File: PELIN-EL.png (430KB, 601x702px) Image search: [Google]
PELIN-EL.png
430KB, 601x702px
>>386165072
>Favorite City
Chorrol
>Favorite Region the area between Kvatch and Skingrad
>Favorite Faction
Knights of the Nine
>Favorite Quests
Whodunit
>Favorite skills Acrobatics and Blade
>>
>>386168409
>>386168346
>stop liking what I don't like: the posts
ok
>>
>>386168757
Actually, you are the one throwing the real tantrum and screaming "stop disliking what I like". It was you shitstains that were asking why people can't admit that this pile of shit is the best one in the series. I just answered that question.
>>
>>386168998
cry me a fucking river, it's a video game. There's probably a technical reason why they did the things the way they did.
>>
>>386168201
Beautiful ripe potato with green mold on it. It still looks better, the lighting isn't doing it justice
>>
>>386168998
You sound pretty mad bud. Why not go take a relaxing stroll through Chorrol to calm your mind?
Oh wait, you're too petty and autistic to enjoy a good video game because /v/ told you not to.
>>
Why the fuck did bare knuckle punching just turn everybody into ragdolls? I swear most of the game was me stunlocking dremora with my fists
>>
>>386169083
Seriously? This is the level that you are going to stoop in this discussion?

>There's probably a technical reason why they did the things the way they did.
No, there is a commercial reason. Dumb shit sells better. Especially if you really want to get in on the dumbest of audiences, console kids. LOTR came out, Microsoft came, the studio decided to completely change their design philosophy and ambition, to move from niche-oriented audiences to the absolutely broadest ones imaginable, and the game was designed with that in mind. That is what happened, it's no fucking secret or mystery.
>>
>>386169567
tl;dr: you're still a lonely sperg and i'm still going to enjoy my favorite game
>>
>>386169567
>Dumb shit sells better
Do you have facts that back that up?

Also, what design philosophies are you talking about?

In any case, video games are a commercial product. Even in Morrowind, they made it to sell.
>>
>>386165072
>oblivion instead of morrowind or daggerfall
Fucking sape
>>
>>386170196
Daggerfall is a shit game that is nigh unplayable and Morrowind isn't that much better than oblivion.
>>
File: trollcromartie.jpg (14KB, 448x333px) Image search: [Google]
trollcromartie.jpg
14KB, 448x333px
>>386170331
>Daggerfall is a shit game that is nigh unplayable
if you are going to troll, it has to not be obvious, and above all, be believable. nobody would ever say that about daggerfall, lol. Try harder.
>>
>>386170196
>>386170419
I want to get into daggerfall but can't, is there some magical mod to make it more accessible to retards like myself. Morrowind is my favorite tes game so im not completely retarded, but even that I have to "mod"ernize a bit
>>
>>386170541
>is there some magical mod to make it more accessible to retards like myself
no. learn how to play it instead of casualizing the game with modding. you fucking disgust me, i won't even give you a single tip.
>>
>>386170705
I'm a girl tho
>>
>>386170419
>nobody would say that about daggerfall
Have you ever beaten it?
Have you even played it for very long?

The game is boring, it's going from buggy maze to buggy maze getting lost trying to fetch or kill something that sometimes isn't even accessible due to being spawned in the middle of the void. The quests are also idiotically generated giving you 2 days to do a quest in a place that takes 10 to arrive.

>>386170541
>falling for the "intelligent game for intelligent people" meme
>calling yourself a retard
shiggy diggy
>>
File: he still.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
he still.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>386170830
>he's still trying to troll
think of a new strategy and try again tomorrow, because nobody on /v/ would ever say anything negative about daggerfall in a serious capacity.
>>
>favorite city
Bravil
>favorite region
can't pick I like it all
>favorite faction
DB and TG
>favorite quests
DB questline, TG questline, MG questline, daedra shrines
>favorite skills
Telekynesis
>>
>>386170830
Morrowind has the best atmosphere tho
>>
>>386170132
>Do you have facts that back that up?
Transformers: World-wide box office $4,347,552,198
Avengers: World-wide box office $1,519,479,547
Twilight series (movies): World-Wide box office: $3,317,470,739

Do I really need to go on?

>Also, what design philosophies are you talking about?
In general, establishing it's fiction based on most popular or generic tropes, removal of any unintuitive systems, focus on familiarity, drastic cutting down on textual systems, removal of progression gateways, zero ambitions to actually challenge established tropes, absolutely zero effort put in writing or lore building, general emphasis on immediate or short-scale gratification etc...

It's a dumber game, that requires less use of abstraction, less comprehension, provides less underlying systems or underlying narrative in favor of short, gimmicky quest-lines, immediate accessibility of all content on all levels and with no limitations imposed by the character progression.
There is no effort to establish settings or narrative that could stand on it's own. Virtually no environmental storytelling and so on and so forth.

>In any case, video games are a commercial product.
This is probably the most fucking pathetic excuse you can ever make. How can EVER utter this shit seriously and ever look yourself in a mirror? I'm quite serious, what the fuck is wrong with you?

You can make a commercial product but also make it actually valuable. Plenty of people do that. Plenty of people take the extra time to make something that isn't JUST EXPLOITING their audience. It's actually the original point of creative effort: to create something of value, and then be rewarded of that.

How can you go and excuse shit product because "it's made to sell". Jesus fucking Christ what is wrong with you people. You are literally defending the fact that you are being scammed.
>>
>>386171152
That shit's cool and all but I want to know who people's favorite NPC is.

In a game with so much interaction with NPCs, people rarely talk about which one they liked most.
>>
>>386171696
>favorite NPC in a mindless hack and slash game
you want morrowind or daggerfall for a proper RPG
>>
File: stop reading.jpg (65KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
stop reading.jpg
65KB, 250x272px
>>386165072
>of my first Oblivion playthro
>>
>>386171481
1)
Causation != Correlation
You're gonna have to do a bit more work than that.

2)
Perhaps the creators felt that such things were uneeded given the audience. Videogames as made for kids and teens, not adults. You should look for entertainment in other sources, that are more appropriate for your age.

3)
Money is what makes the world go around kid.
The devs need money to pay they families, they are gonna look into what gives them the most.
More money = healther kids = better chances of survival.

Maybe you should stop wasting your time on these pathetic hobbies and in this pathetic website and actually go make a family.
>>
>>386172179
nah, stay mad normalfag
>>
>>386170705
Can I mod fast travel out of Daggerfall, or is it necessary due to the scale?

Modernization doesn't mean casualization btw, having a game work well on a modern computer doesn't make me a casual. Cunt.
>>
>>386171851
If it has voice acting then NPCs at least have a chance of being memorable.

For example, Tarhiel from Morrowind wouldn't be the same without his scream.
>>
>>386172275
enjoy being a cuck
>>
File: u mad.gif (274KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
u mad.gif
274KB, 300x300px
>>386172790
>>
>finally get past the modding phase and get around to playing oblivion again
>first time using OOO
>fights are decently challenging, have to chug a few potions and kite the bandits in vilverin when there were 3 of them at once
>get down to the lowest level
>spectral dog, what the fuck
>has a ton of health but the dog's attack pattern is super easy to avoid so i kill it no sweat
>get the the necromancer's area
>there's a ghost warrior here
>he sees me and goes sanicmode over to fuck me in the ass
>level 999 with an enchanted weapon, does 70% of my health through a block
>manage to just barely survive by snatching the key and jumping up the broken pills to the upper level behind a locked door it can't get through
>leave vilverin
>combat music is still active
>just because i changed cells the ghost fucker somehow got passed the locked door and is now chasing me at 200 mph across the terrain
>have to lure him around rocks and cliffs while he chases me the entire way to the imperial city
muh fuggen lack of level scaling, I need to find something fitting for a level 2. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun in Oblivion though.
>>
>>386165072
>>favorite city
bravil
>>favorite region
haven't given it much though, but the grassy, open plains I guess? outskirts of anvil
>>favorite faction
dark brotherhood, hands down
>>favorite quests
whodunit
>>favorite skills
acrobatics
>>
>>386172179
>You're gonna have to do a bit more work than that.
Look, with this kind of fucking pathetic goalshifting we'll end up with you quoting the inference problem pretty soon. But yeah, I'm pretty sure the fact that DaVinci's Code sold 120 times more than Foucaults Pendulum is totally a fluke that has nothing to do with the fact that one in incredibly dumb and the other unusually smart, and so was the success of fucking Minions while Song of the Sea was completely ignored and that mass and pop culture has not been focusing and exploiting appeal of dumb shit is not a COMMON FUCKING SENSE.
Seriously, what the fuck?

>Perhaps the creators felt that such things were uneeded given the audience.
NO SHIT sherlock. They focused on idiots, and idiots actually found those things confusing and off putting.

>Videogames as made for kids and teens, not adults.
First of all: Now YOU will have to come with some really convincing proofs of that, retard. Seriously. Go on. Back that up with solid evidence: actual fucking proof of this mindboggingly fucking retarded claim.

Finally: WHAT THE FUCK?!
Why are you consinstently excusing poor quality? What is the goal of this?

>Money is what makes the world go around kid.
After this shit you have the audacity to call other children?
NO, YOU PIECE OF SHIT. VALUE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND. Ten years old thinks that "the world is all about money" you god damn pieces of shit. What what fuck have we done to you children?

>More money = healther kids = better chances of survival.
YOU ACTUALLY THINK THIS SHIT IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD EVER FUCKING PRESENT IN PUBLIC AS "WISDOM"?!?!

No, you retard. This might suprise you, but the world is a little more complicated place than that.

>Maybe you should stop wasting your time on these pathetic hobbies and in this pathetic website and actually go make a family.
You can't even make this shit up. I guess this is what you can expect from kids that gobbled up Oblivion...
>>
File: tldr.jpg (101KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
tldr.jpg
101KB, 392x500px
>>386173359
take your autism meds and condense your posts, this isn't a blog
>>
You have heard of the High Elves?
>>
>>386173468
And we end up with literal "I can't even read" admission.
I know that you are trolling, kid, that does not actually make you anymore pathetic. You do realize that trying to prove other people are silly to actually seriously argue by actually acting like an absolute retard is a completely hypocritical task, right?
>>
>>386173359
It's easy to explain.

Videogames are for kids because they do not offer you any useful knowledge or experience.
For a kid it's something interesting to do, and they are young and don't know a lot, experimenting in the virtual environment is a good distraction as they get mesmerized by the interesting views and the mechanics the develepers put there for them to play with.
For an adult such an experience is pointless, as, for one, it's pathetic for a grown man to be playing with toys other adults made, and second and most importantly a human being should seek, above all, the passing of his genes to the next generation and everything related to securing that the next generation can also do the same. Videogames offer nothing of useful on that regard, they are just trivial waste of time.

I'm saying this because I really want people to stop playing videogames. I think they are getting cheated out of the most important aspects of their lives by falling for little scams and getting addicted to small pleasures.
>>
>>386165072
>favorite city
C H O R R O L
>favorite region
Nibenay Niggas
>favorite faction
DB
>favorite quests
Everyone says DB so my next choice is Fighters Guild, Alswell, Mazoga, and the Sirens Deception.
>favorite skills
Stealth and archery
>>
>>386174258
Not him, you come across as the biggest fucking sperg i have ever seen, stop posturing and try to enjoy yourself.
>>386174419
You also come across in the same way, especially the lolworthy passing on genes shit. You can preach about that when you're not a virgin anymore, spergo.
>>
>try to start a new oblivion run
>get to kvatch and get ass handed to me
>>
>>386165072
>favorite city
Chorrol is comfy
>favorite region
The forest around Chorrol
>favorite faction
I like the Fighters Guild
>favorite quests
Maybe the one on the ship-inn in the IC Waterfront because it was so unexpected. There were some good Daedric prince quests as well
>favorite skills
Conjuration
>>
>>386174419
>Videogames are for kids because they do not offer you any useful knowledge or experience.
How do they inherently offer less knowledge than any other medium? How is the message and experience provided by titles like Morrowind or Homeworld less valuable than those in Hobbit or Star Wars? How does Silent Hill 2 or Cryostasis or Pathologic or The Void not offer any useful knowledge or experience, compared to classic works of fiction?

This is COMPLETELY unsubstantiated claim. For someone who says "you have to do better" when provided with solid numbers about overwhelming success of dumb fiction, you really, really don't know how to provide decent argument for your point.

>For an adult such an experience is pointless, as, for one, it's pathetic for a grown man to be playing with toys other adults made,
Dude, you really are a child that has not been leaving his house very often, have you?

>Videogames offer nothing of useful on that regard, they are just trivial waste of time.
By that logic, the same applies to philosophy, all literature, all cinema, all music, most of education including majority of scientific endeavor etc...

>I'm saying this because I really want people to stop playing videogames.
You are on a videogame discussing board you god damn retard. If you are serious with this shit: on the absolute minimal, near-zero chance that you are actually sincere: you might be one of the dumbest people I've seen here in almost ten years: and this board is by FAR the dumbest place in the universe.
So I think you really may have reached some completely new fucking level of stupid.

It might surprise you, but people need challenges, interests, media to learn from and to enjoy, culture to enrich their life, in order to be productive in other faucets of life. Again, for someone hastly saying "correlation is not causation", you actually are pretty quick to assume that people enjoying fictional media are somehow unable to do anything BUT that...
>>
>>386167254
That was the bigger issue. You hear about all the differences culturally between Colovians and Nibenese, and then there's nothing to be seen of it
>>
>>386174258
tl;dr
>>
>>386175357
>That was the bigger issue.
The biggest issue always has been the fact that Cyrodiil is just insanely bland and boring and poorly designed.
I don't give two fucks about if it's consistent with what the books say: what I want is something that is fun and interesting. I would have not mind if they changed every single smallest detail about the lore of the settings - I would have not mind if Cyrodiil was now flying on levitating islands above a black hole IF IT WAS INTERESTING.

People think that the problem is that they changed Cyrodiil compared to the lore. But that never really was the problem.
>>
>>386166290
is this guide /v/tard approved?
>>
>>386175180
Why not just turn the difficulty down or do something else before?
>>
>>386175735
>/v/tard
fuck off and lurk moar, normalfag. it's /v/irgin
>>
>>386175735
I wouldn't recommend a lot of the things this guide recommends.
Best if you go and find things on your own, but here are my tips:

1) Use wrye bash if nothing is specified.
2) If it's an OMOD or OMOD-ready, you should use Oblivion Mod Manager.
When it's OMOD-ready, you gotta press "create" and "add archive"
3) Don't worry about tes4edit unless something goes wrong. 90% of the time you don't need to use it.
4) Start by installing an overhaul, and install 2 at most.

For step 4:

There are a few major "overhauls" out there, they are:

OOO - Oscuro's
MMM- Martigen's
FCOM - It's the both above, plus some Francesco (which isn't really an overhaul) and WarCry (which is old and only comes with FCOM nowadays)

WAC - Waalx's

MOO - Maskar's

==MY opinion==

The only one you should go for is MOO, which is the only one that has some development nowadays and the only one that is very compatible with others.
I personally thing WAC sucks, and OOO and MMM have incompatibilties with just about everything.
That said, some people (specifically this guy: http://demwaifus.blogspot.com.br/2015/10/oblivion-modding-guide.html) like WAC, and it does add a lot to the game. I thought it conflicted with quite a few things and was annoying.
>>
>>386177308
What about MOO+OOO? Aren't they compatible together, at least with a patch? I'm pretty sure I've seen them together in many mod lists.
>>
>>386177308
Adding to this post:
Avoid FCOM. You won't find any up to date guide on how to install it nowadays, and it's too easy to get it messed up.
>>
File: 1498381899315.jpg (75KB, 390x632px) Image search: [Google]
1498381899315.jpg
75KB, 390x632px
>>386177021
triggered much?
>>
>>386177607
You can do FCOM + WAC + MOO if you really want to.
(as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vArgDglHnjc&lc=z222evmjdvnesl4nhacdp435tmoc14ii2jde0khblkdw03c010c.1501751483107688 )

BUT

1) The FCOM and WAC versions the guy used were older ones.
2) The guy fixed the mods to work together himself. He released a fix, but it's all in japanese and doesn't work anymore since these mods have been updated since then.

So I don't recommend doing that unless you have the knowledge to fix things on your own.
Which isn't insanely hard, but I think for most people it might not be worth it.

IMO OO doesn't add much and isn't as impressive as it used to.
>>
>>386178189
>IMO OO doesn't add much and isn't as impressive as it used to.
So you recommend I switch to MOO instead of OOO?
>>
I really wish there was just some fucking terrifying huge sea monster at the bottom of some large body of water
>>
>>386178570
I don't remember what mod exactly did that but I remember there being a huge slaughter fish in that lake near the imperial city. think it was OOO or maybe that OOO addon
>>
>>386178759
IIRC it's in a small optional cave section in one of the guild quests, probably the thieves guild? Some long mission where you have to infiltrate the hidden castle of a court mage.
>>
>>386178135
Lurk moar.
>>
>>386176289
because im not a casual
>>
>>386180167
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...
>>
>>386180461
tl;dr
Lurk moar.
>>
Everything about the dark brotherhood. So that city and all that shit and the skills and shit. DB my nigga.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.