[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm probably moving to Berlin in a few weeks and I was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: 28-09-Image-Joined.jpg (37KB, 740x231px) Image search: [Google]
28-09-Image-Joined.jpg
37KB, 740x231px
I'm probably moving to Berlin in a few weeks and I was wondering how my games will be affected. If I buy Wolfenstein will it automatically be the censored version or can I buy the non-cucked version because my steam account is not German? Also will my existing library get censored when I move and log on in Germany?
>>
>swastikas are banned in germany
>even in games where you are FIGHTING nazis
what the fuck is wrong with europe?
>>
>>386164423

>Germany does something stupid
>asks what's wrong with all of Europe
>>
>>386164327
Having swastikas in your games is a punishable offense in Germany so you'll probably either get fined or get a light jail sentence
>>
>>386164423
>>386164548
>>386164568
All wrong.
>>
>>386164327
You will not be able to purchase certain titles in their uncensored state from any German IP. The account settings do not matter.
However, there are workarounds, like proxies/VPNs. Also, the games you already own will not be affected by this.
>>
>>386164423
>Europe
It's just Germany, Tyrone.

And it's not even that odd. Don't forget that the Nazis were Germany's legitimate ruling party for years After the war was over and the Nazis suddenly became Satan instead of the government, there was a very real need for a zero tolerance denazification policy to get rid of all signs of Nazi rule from Germany. Now it's been 50+ years and that need isn't necessarily there, but which sane politician is gonna come up and try to convince people that maybe it's time to ease up on the Nazi hate?

Anyway, I think it's technically allowed to have Nazi symbols in "art" as long as its considered justified by whoever's in charge of approving that shit but it's probably more trouble than it's worth for a video game publisher to go through that bullshit rather than just replace swastikas with nondescript evil looking symbols.
>>
>>386164423
We literally hate freedom.
>>
>>386164423
Germany's government thinks like this... Games are fun and childish -> Nazis in games means they're portrayed as fun and enjoyable
>>
>>386164868
Sweet, I just bought IPVanish VPN because apparently torrenting gets you sued over there. Fuck me I'm getting paranoid as fuck about German strictness online.
>>
>>386165153
>Sweet, I just bought IPVanish VPN because apparently torrenting gets you sued over there.
It's a shitty situation for sure, but the whole "Abmahnung" issue (a legal document akin to a cease&desist) is a bit overblown in the way it's perceived by outsiders. You will most likely not get in any trouble for torrenting material whose copyright owners reside *outside* of Germany, especially not if the material in question is not distributed in Germany at all, because those "Abmahnungen" are sent by privately contracted lawyers, not by any government officials.

But yes, our internet laws are ridiculous, and it's only getting worse. They're currently trying to criminalize shitposting on social media.
>>
>>386165761
But just to be sure, using that VPN should protect me anyway right?
>>
Daily reminder that the Allies were responsible for both world wars and woodrow wilson didn't join the league of nations he started because he was disgusted by the behavior of France, Britain, Poland, and Belgium, and immediately ordered that the US Navy begin building up even further for another war
>>
>>386165997
If the VPN provider is located outside of Germany, absolutely. I'm using an American service myself and never had any issues.
>>
>>386166157
who cares, this thread is about video games.
>>
>>386166347
Danke mein freund. Puts my mind at ease
>>
>>386166457
Kein Problem.
>>
>>386165997
You should look into OCH (One-Click-Hoster) if you're interested in downloading German warez(games, books, movies, yadayadayada). They cost money but they're practically 100% safe and dont depend on other people seeding the shit.

boerse.to
ddl-warez.to
ddl-music.to
lesen.to

are good websites to download shit via said OCHs (share-online.biz, uploaded.to)
>>
>>386166664
Fuck forgot to capitalise the noun. Seriously man what the fuck were they thinking inventing that rule. Does ANY other language do that even?
>>
do you really think Hans will be cool with killing his "predecessors"
it works for them both way, pretend they weren't bad guys and it won't be offended their grandparents ect.

also i'm neighbor with germany and have zero nazi censorship in vidya
>>
>>386166857
If that is already a big problem for you, then how are you doing with all our cases?
>>
>>386164327
>buying games
>>
File: 1474209262093.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1474209262093.gif
240KB, 320x320px
>>386164423
>question the holocaust
>get thrown in prison
Why? If it really happened they why worry about naysayers people questioning it?
>>
>>386166889
>also i'm neighbor with germany and have zero nazi censorship in vidya
The question is which one. Would be interesting to know if Austria has the same or less censorship.
>>
>>386167096
Haha just joking, I just forget. Die Fälle are absolute suicide though yes. I don't get how I will ever be able to speak fluently. I'm Belgian so at least a lot of the words are alike, that helps.
>>
>>386166857
It was en vogue in the middle ages throughout europe, but German was the only language that stuck with it (including some -not all- German dialects).
>>
>>386167307
Austria only has censored Nazi stuff
No censorship because of violence like in germany
>>
>>386164423
Because games aren't art.
>>
>>386167307
Poland
i know, i know i let you down
>>
>>386167101

It's not "questioning it", it's "denying the deaths of millions of people". So do your homework before you post lies like that.
>>
>>386164548
This. Leave the independent nations of Switzerland, Norway and soon UK out of this.
>>
>>386167571
Good to know. I never bought any game with Nazi stuff in it, but I know our laws on it are stricter than in Germany.

>>386167363
Anon, I spoke with refugees who learned German within a few months. Are seriously trying to tell me, that you are dumber than them?
>>
I really wish that Hitler went through with that whole holocaust idea.
>>
>>386167907
I'm sure I'll manage, it's just a very difficult language as there are a lot of ways to make mistakes like gender and cases
>>
>>386164423
Germans are very robotic people. It's a legitimate fear that if many of them see a swastika at the same time they'll reboot in Nazi mode.
>>
>>386168063
he did, and he got his ass handed to him because it was a stupid idea
>>
>>386167907
He doesn't have the fear of death motivating him to learn quickly.
>>
>>386167721
Oh. I take it I'd get thrown in prison for denying the black death or the mongol invasions happened too then? What about the holodomor and the rgeat purges. Would I get a life sentence? I suppose if I paraded the hammer and sickle I would get the electric chair too.
>>
>>386168302
As if they'd need to fear death once they've come this far. They just know that nobody will give them a job otherwise.

>>386168207
Of course, but like with any other language, once you have to speak it, you'll learn it soon enough.
>>
>>386168503
>The year of our lord 2017
>death sentence

kek Germany is pretty bad but it isn't a third world country anon, please
>>
>>386167721
>>386168503
Even though it should be a joke >>386168223 has the right idea. All those things should prevent another uprise of the Nazis.
>>
>>386164423
It's not true, you can have video games and movies with swastikas in them, they will just fall under review and take longer to get rated. Game publishers don't want this so they just avoid the hassle entirely. Same reason nintendo censors a bunch of the shit they publish outside of Japan, they just want the game rated as quickly as possible and no speedbumps with a foreign review board.
>>
File: 1501454058214.gif (455KB, 477x440px) Image search: [Google]
1501454058214.gif
455KB, 477x440px
>>386168063
Haha so funny joke.
The Holocaust's numbers are probably grossly inaccurate, though. I find it really disturbing that you can't even question the extent of victims.
>>
>>386168503
>holodomor
But that actually never happened
>>
>>386169036
The idea is what matters, not numbers. The holcaust was a fucked up thing and people should care. If 6 million is how much is needed for people to actually care, then let it be 6 million.
>>
>>386169196
>The idea is what matters, not numbers.
This is stupid. The only thing the Holocaust had over other massacres of the same ilk was this bullshit number. The idea of not being able to question or investigate this number is much more concerning than the lesson that needs to be taken from the Holocaust.
>>
>>386169716
The lesson to be taken is don't FUCK with the Jewish people, kiddo.
>>
File: wol.png (374KB, 1266x356px) Image search: [Google]
wol.png
374KB, 1266x356px
>>386164327
Germanfag here.
If you buy it while in germany, you will get the cucked version. Buy it now, while you´re still in the US. If it´s locked while you´re in germany, just use a VPN for the time being. Cyberghost should work. You can activate and play every game if you use a VPN. Most of them only need it for activation, a very small percentage locks the game for a few months.
>>
>>386164327
>Berlin
Don't do this to yourself.
>>
>>386164423

Not to say that Germany hasn't gone insane with guilt, but criminalizing the Swastika happened during occupation.
>>
>>386170189
I'm not from the US.
I can't buy it now as I was thinking about Wolfenstein 2 coming in October
I have a VPN
Thanks though
>>
>>386168223

The Bavarian Candidate
>>
>>386170687
Actually buying via VPN is kind of a mess, unless you buy from keysites. Activating on the other hand is a breeze. I´d just buy it now in the Steam Store, before you actually move..just to make sure you get the right version.
>>
>>386169716
I just don't understand why you think that those numbers are grossly inaccurate. There were several investigations through the decades and while estimations started low (~4 mil. jews) right after the war, the last estimations were always between 5.6 and 6.3 victims.
>>
>>386169132
Whatever you say commie
>>
File: jew glow pc.png (283KB, 670x360px) Image search: [Google]
jew glow pc.png
283KB, 670x360px
>>386164423
don't ask questions
>>
>>386168887
>"All those things should prevent another uprise of the Nazis."
>Somehow the chancellor can still be in power for unlimited terms
>CDU/CSU caught rigging votes multiple times and all that happens is that some intern gets a plea deal
>somehow banning the swastika in videogame helps to prevent another uprising
>>
>>386170950
You mean pre-order? Do pre-orders already specify which version I will be getting on launch?
>>
>>386164548
Germany runs all of Europe now. Merkel is the primary voice of power in the EU, despite any titles, and the German military is leading the EU's forces.

Germany IS Europe.
>>
>>386168503
>stalin is literally more than 10x worse than hitler
>nobody bans the hammer and sickle
can't make this shit up
>>
>>386172067
It depends on a lot. It depends on if keys are region specific or if the download is region. If the key is region specific, it depends on if devs assign you a key when you preorder (so it would be based on which version of the "store" you preordered from), or if they add you to a "key pool" for the region you made the purchase from, or if they wait until the last minute to send your account a key then base it on the region you're in at that moment. If the version you get is based on your download region, it could go off your IP or it could go off which server you're downloading from.

But it's probably the first one, where it just depends on where you were connecting to and from when you made the purchase.
>>
File: 1501427499855.jpg (45KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
1501427499855.jpg
45KB, 500x506px
>>386164327
>I'm moving to one of world's greatest cultural sites and I'm going to drool my free time away in front of a screen playing infantile entertainment like the retard I am

This is why muslims are winning

Jack Thompson was right

I hope the fat fuck FBI informant's bloatware takes away your toys so you can buy them all over again like a good goy you are.
>>
File: 1436142973974.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436142973974.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>386173024
>Berlin
>culture
>this is what germans actually believe
>>
>>386173024

Selling yourself too high, there, buddy. All Germany did was kill jews. That's all. That's it. I would know. I have German blood flowing through me, and it's craving jew souls, not schnitzel.
>>
>>386173024
>berlin
>culture
>>386173217
I'm german and this guy is full of shit. Berlin is a literal shithole of a city
>>
>>386172736
Not to mention
>Nazi regime was so short lived and inconsequential Germany managed to easily rebuild into a continent dominating powerhouse and the Jews came out so well they got their own country and are living a high life they could only dream of at any other point in history
meanwhile
>the soviet regime lasted for half a century and fucked its victims up so hard, despite now being independent dying out to massive suicide rates, alcoholism and mass emigration, and will literally cease to exist as ethnic groups in a couple generations
>>
>>386164423
Germany is an occupied nation and it is illegal for them to have any pride in their own people and past, because they dared to oppose jewish banking cartels.
>>
>>386173301

germany had MLK tho
>>
>>386173687

If by MLK you mean Maim, Lynch and Kill jews, then yes. They had MLK.
>>
>>386173687

Martin Luther, you dolt. Not MLK
>>
>>386164327
>can I buy the non-cucked version because my

Like god damn. Honestly it is just a fucking symbol being replaced with something else. Not removed but fucking replaced. Something will be there to take its place and everyone will still fucking now what it is replacing and what it stands for.

Or are people really that fucking retarded that they need the actual symbol to remeber obvious fucking shit or something?

Shit if yall fags really cared why not make your own shit and be stead fast in what you believe and add and never alter or remove that shit?

Like god damn yall either a bunch of victim complex having retards that just revel in recreational anger and shit like some sort of retarded fags. Or just plain ole retards that need to be reminded about what is going in any sort of media or else get all faggity, mad and shit cause your brains to stupid to follow along whats going on and shit.
>>
the holocaust literally didn't happen
>>
File: lataus.jpg (7KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
lataus.jpg
7KB, 233x216px
>>386169819
>tfw the more I learn of the jews, the more I despise them.
I now know why they have been expelled from various nations over 100 times in the span of their existence.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.