[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth getting a used PS4 primarily for this? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
Is it worth getting a used PS4 primarily for this? There's only maybe 1-2 other games I'd play on it, and would most likely resell when I'm done.
>>
you know of every single game on it?
>>
>>386158115
I have a decent PC, the only other exclusives I've heard of that I'd probably like are Nioh and Uncharted
>>
>>386158050
Yes if you are planning on reselling then there isn't really much of a problem. You'd be paying a couple of bucks to play it after everything is done.
>>
>>386158050
If you liked dark souls 1, you can pass on this one OP. They gutted all of the systems and mechanics so badly in this, that the game feels more like an action simulator than an actual hack and slash action rpg. Also the story is very bad. It heavily went away from the silent protagonist making difficult choices, to a meme blood infestation that's turning people into wearwolves, developed by aliens who are running the church. Went full autism mode
>>
>>386158050
Don't bother combat is shit compared to DaS series, magic is also bad and boring. All the areas are linear and not exiting. Bosses aren't fun eithet compared to DaS series. Lore is stupid.

>>386158724
This
>>
>>386158724
Elaborate on how they gutted the mechanics, I do love Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 but from what I've heard it's a better successor to both those games than 2 and 3 were.
>>
>>386159058
The biggest fuckup they made is the healing system. They initially intended for you to have limited supply of healing items, and to use a "regain hp when hitting the enemy" system. The idea was that when you were getting BTFOd, the game forced you to be aggressive and risky, adding a tension to the combat. Then, for some stupid reason, they decided to give you 20th blood vials which always heal 40% of your hp, absolutely obsoleting the other mechanic. Additionally, you heal more from the blood vials the more you pump vite, since it's a flat 40% heal. Combine these three mechanics, and it's practically impossible to die, making bosses a joke.

This is just one of the many bad design choices. It's another case of they had to release the game on time, so the mechanics became total fuck
>>
>>386158050
It's a watered down DaS1. I got a PS4 new for it and was extremely disappointed. The clever encounter and level design is gone, the entire game is pretty much "walk into room, fight enemies that attempt to melee/shoot you, repeat".

Think of all the encounters in DaS1 - helkite drake, zombie dragon, invisible bridges, respawning skellies, ghosts that come out of the walls, illusionary walls, mimics, toooons of traps, pitch black tomb of the giants, first seath encounter, falling down into the abyss, etc etc. There's none of that in BB. It's just straight-up videogamey kill enemies before they kill you.

Also half the features are missing. Virtually no spells, no interesting covenants, no shields, no armour weight system, no heavy armour, no left/right hand equipping, no interesting rings (they just change stats a little bit), bad multiplayer which is dead, etc.

It's also the easiest Souls game unless you relied on shields as a crutch in the previous games, but the difficulty shouldn't really be a deciding factor. None of the souls games are THAT hard and the difficulty isn't what makes them good anyway.

On the upside it's got nice graphics and it doesn't require any thought or patience like DaS1 to play so if you're a casual it'll probably be your favorite souls game?
>>
Hell no.
>>
You could platinum it in 10 days, don't bother.
>>
>>386158050
Yeah sure if it's cheap.
>>
The fuck is wrong with these anons!?

Bloddborne is easily the best game in the series. I bought a PS3 specifically for DeS, I bought a PS4 specifically for BB. The only From game I consistently go back to is BB. None of them feel as solid or as interesting. It's really a case of Quality over Quantity, when compared to any of the other games.

I would recommend Bloodborne over anything on the system.
>>
>>386158238
You know, im begining to reqlise only PC users are losing out. If i get a PS4, i get exclusives and the multiplats on PC. If i get a PC, i get multiplats, but then might have to cave in and spend MORE to get a box to play one or two exclusives. Might as well get the fucking console.
>>
>>386160545
Games are cheaper on PC. Plus, you can play older systems for free.
>>
>>386160693
>Games are cheaper on PC

Citation fucking required. I bought MGR for console for £3 the other day, clarify what you mean exactly.
>>
>>386159703
Damn, 40% does seem huge. Are bloodvials a rare commodity? I like the idea of getting health back from enemies and thought that the healing system would just be like Demon's.
>>386160418
What exactly do you like about it? I'm starting to get kind of split on this. If it matters, my favorite parts of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls were the interconnected world (for demon's, the shortcuts were still good so I didn't mind), atmosphere, and deliberate combat. One concern in particular that I have is that it might be like DS3, where you do nothing but r1, roll, and spam boss weapon arts.
>>
>>386161123
Probably Digital, not physical.
>>
>>386161286
Who cares about digital, it's a hobsons choice, physical is superior. Or do we want more situations like "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World"?
>>
>>386158050
I bought a ps4 for bloodborne and nioh because of how bad the dark souls 3 dlc was. I don't think it was worth it but if you have money to blow and don't care go for it, helps more if you have other games you are interested in on the ps4.
>>
>>386160545
Honestly, as someone already owning a PS4 alongside a PC with a GTX 1060 I'd keep it just for free MP and mods for multiplats. Also I have yet to getting used to playing shooters with a controller so I still play em' on PC.
>>
>>386161509
I can't speak for FPS games, i dont play them, so maybe thays why i don't fell left out by not gaming on PC
>>
>>386161743
I myself game on PC because of the wider game selection, often better graphics, and emulation
>>
>>386161423
That's because digital is the only way games are delivered on PC, with legitimate ways of getting certain games at a discount through keysellers. Physical is cheaper anyway as the prices don't tend to be controlled by a single company, couple with the ability to resell the copy, and excess stock that certain retailers deal with. Coming from PC, I preferred to get Digital as it allows me to remote play my PS4 games from a Thinkpad without deciding what disk to leave inside before leaving the house.
>>
>>386161876
>That's because digital is the only way games are delivered on PC

Why do you think PC users were so happy to adopt digital only? I mean, they tried that with console gamers and console users told them to fuck off. Why do you think PC just said "fuck it, yeah go on digital only"
>>
>>386158724
Please ignore this poster.

Bloodborne is the most refined soulsborne game there is, the healing system isn't perfect, and can be a minor detractor, but it definitely does not ruin it.
Also "bloodborne is about aliens" posters are really fucking stupid.

Don't spend money you don't have, idk it's a good game.
>>
>>386160418
>>386161264
I was just shitposting
>>
>>386162123
HD sizes? Steam being reliable and easy to use?
why?
>>
>>386162123
Probably because of convenience. Just about any PC game that was released physically was bound to have a no-CD crack that people were bound to use instead of hotswapping disks every time that wanted to play something else. The fact that Steam started pushing for better sales (before 2016) and widespread adoption of Battle.Net didn't help either. Also if you were to get banned from a VAC, you would not lose access to your Steam games (unlike XBL or PSN) as Valve knows you would just resort to Piracy as an alternative. Henceforth, why Digital w/DRM (that Console users fought against when it was revealed for the Xbox One) became standard for PC.
>>
>>386162652
>why

This is what i mean, you don't evdn give it a second thought, meanwhile the backlash from console users was enough to make Microsoft reverese "the ireversible" with the Xbone.
>>
File: 1501047658174.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501047658174.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
>>386159046
Show me on the doll where bloodborne touched you
>>
>>386163907
See
>>386162570

Also I wish the doll would touch me.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.