[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for an open world rpg that has the same amount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (6KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 299x169px
I'm looking for an open world rpg that has the same amount of immersion/roleplay potential as NV.

I don't play a lot of single player games but I've always wanted to get into another RPG and I don't really enjoy the other Fallout games, especially 3 and 4 for how linear and shitty their story is.
>>
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
>>
>>386157281
Not open world, but then again it's still a good game and most open world games are trash anyway.
>>
>>386157281
Looks cool but I'm more interested in something with exploration/survival and stuff. I love the ruined apocalypse setting of Fallout but I doubt there are a ton of games that similar.
>>
>>386158152
How about Stalker or Metro 2033?
>>
>>386158152
Stalker Call of Pripyat was definitely the closest experience for me. The first Stalker was okay but it really feels dated, I would advise it only if you liked Pripyat
>>
File: r3LnG.jpg (213KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
r3LnG.jpg
213KB, 1280x720px
>Skyrim
>Be Wood Elf
>Never start the main quest
>Only live off the land
>never bought or sold anything
>Took quests as they came.
Never had more fun in an RPG as I did with that play.
>>
>>386158569
>>386158281
I've tried the first stalker but ill check out Pripyat.
Metro looks interesting too i might try it thanks
>>
>>386159030
Ok, Todd.
>>
>>386159030
I have Skyrim with some mods installed but i find medieval settings kinda boring
>>
>>386159332
I can't believe this was 6 fucking years ago....
>>
>>386159531
Same here. If only the Division was as open and free as they said it would, it could have been a great role playing game.
>>
Honest question: how do you guys ever feel like you're RP-ing in modern Fallout games? Just seems like there's one or two ways to play and thats it.
>>
>>386160006
Mod the fuck out of the game and get a unique player home, survival mechanics, more armour and stuff like AWoP to add more shit to the game and the possibilities are endless.
>>
>>386160639
Ahh so yall aren't actually playing Fallout: NV. Just a game built on the bones of it.
>>
>>386160735
exactly
>>
>>386160006
I found vanilla NV to be more satisfying in terms of choices and possibilities compared to FO1.
>>
>>386159531
I highly reccomend installing the mod Tropical Skyrim and some fantasy music mod. It makes the whole game feel a lot more open to "generic" fantasy RP, not just the ham fisted TES snowy Skyrim land.

I played Skyrim a lot this summer, making a illusionist assassin and a dark elf sorceror (heavy armor+magic), and had loads of fun with them.
>>
>>386157178
vampire the masq blines
>>
It's been said before but if you have it give skyrim a go, you can mod in all sorts of stuff and survival/quest mods are typically pretty good. You can use something like Hunterborn to do a ranger/wilderness explorer setup, a camping mod to make yourself cozy at night, wildlife mods to add animal variance and changes in behavior, and so on.
>>
>>386157178
Pillars of eternity
Tyranny
Alpha Protocol
>>
>>386157497
>Not open world
"open world"
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.