[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, i just started playing Windwaker HD, first time ever touching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

So, i just started playing Windwaker HD, first time ever touching that game. You guys got any tips and tricks without spoilers? I just saved a fat fucking tree from slimeys.
>>
3D Zeldas pre-BotW are literally some of THE most self-explanatory games out there, with tons of in-game hint systems intact. They even made the HD version way EASIER than the original, because modern "gamers" have a patience of a fucking flea.

And no, you're not even 1/4th through the game.
>>
Go to the auction house at night, there are several very nice rewards on auction, especially in the HD edition.

You will need the key item from the next dungeon to unlock fast travel.

Save up rupees, this is just about the only Zelda game where money becomes important at a certain point.
>>
>>386152787
>Any tips for this childrens game that literally tells you everything there is to know 3 times over?

fuck off
>>
>>386152787
>without spoilers?
Link defeats Ganon.
>>
>>386153103
Woke up on the wrong side today?
Thanks for the rant though.

>>386153160
Thank you for your relevant comment, I take your tip of saving rupees 2 serious, i have 500 and that seems to be maximum capacity. Guessing i'll find a bigger bag soon? And what to spend on while looking for a bigger bag?
>>
>>386153459
You fucking bastard, I never saw that coming.
>>
>>386153508
>ask literal rhetorical questions on a game he's barely even started, like a mouthbreathing casual he is
>"lol Y ya hafta be mad? :^)"
>get literal spoilers for shit you'd stumble upon anyway sooner or later
>"tnx mate!"
kys.
>>
>>386152787
If you see a bunch of seagulls flying over the ocean in a circle, they're almost always pointing out a Big Octo. There's also usually a guy with a telescope looking in their direction on the nearest island/pirate tower thing
>>
>>386153508
The night auctions have an item that lets you get around a lot faster, you'll know it when you see it. Auctions are completely random so just step out and step back in until you get it. You should only have to spend about 300 on it if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>386153865
^
Now THIS is helpful for a noob like myself. You apeshit, autistic kids going bananas over nothing, be more like this guy.
>>
>>386152787

Just have fun and pay attention because the game tells you everything, it isn't a difficult Zelda game since it's the one we get every two games where they're expecting new players.
>>
never played the hd version but in the original I loved decorating the town with those plants and statues they till have that stuff
>>
>>386154093
I tried the auction house 2 times and both of them was around the butterfly pendants.

Weird ass auction-system btw. I'm guessing i have to time my "auction bar" when the dude says its 5 secs left, stun the other visitors with a "high" bid and win?

Thx bruv
>>
>>386152787
I want to play this on the switch for fucks sake.
>>
some of the music is worse, the bloom is a bit too much sometimes, and if you beat the game, new game plus lets you wear the blue shirt and gives you a colored pictograph from the start
You fucking suck if you're not playing hero mode.
>>
>>386154470
I'm playing it on CEMU together with SM3DW, runs really smooth on my system.

>>386154528
Agree on the bloom being over-the-top. Loving the HD textures though.
>>
File: 1498844085294.jpg (27KB, 470x320px) Image search: [Google]
1498844085294.jpg
27KB, 470x320px
>>386152787
This is the same faggot who kept making threads asking about permanent missables in OoT, isn't it?
>>
>>386155215
Never played that game, sorry dude.
>>
File: 1476045620996.png (89KB, 281x301px) Image search: [Google]
1476045620996.png
89KB, 281x301px
>>386155417
>Playing Wind Waker before Ocarina of Time
>>
>>386152787
Stock up on bait. whenever you get to a new area while sailing, look for some fishes. When your near them, drop some bait and they will fill the map of your current location. they will also give some advice and clues to some rumors.
>>
>>386155054
Tell me which is better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlF0-Qs2xkI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI8D3rdpjuM
plus the textures are just upscaled, you could get the same thing on dolphin
>>
>>386153103
>pre-BotW
What isn't self-explanatory in BotW?
>>
>>386155527
Told you I'm a noob. Do they follow some main storyline or is it fine jumping between them?

>>386155727
Oh, one would think they'd remake every texture in a higher resolution. First soundtrack you linked has "scratchy" audio so I will have to say the second. :x
>>
>>386155727
This one is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwCNqKZmUtw&t=338s
>>
>>386156015
>follow some main storyline

Lol. Oh anon. You have no idea.
>>
>>386156015
Ocarina of Time is directly related to Wind Waker, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess separately. You're not really missing very much if you skip it though.
Ignore anyone who claims Zelda is all related and it's important to play in a specific order.
>>
>>386156320
I hope this isn't as bad as playing HL2:Ep2 before the main game...

>>386156201
That's more like it, I love it!
>>
>>386156015
There's no large storyline connecting all of the games. Each game is a self-contained narrative. There are absolutely allusions to past games, though, but you're just missing out on some references if you just jump into one without any knowledge of the others.
>>
the only real tip I can think of is to get the fast sail at the auction house.
>>
>>386156559
>I hope this isn't as bad as playing HL2:Ep2 before the main game...

Nah. Basically, they're all separate. They all have similar themes and "lore" that carries over, but it's more like legends and folk tales than actual story.

Problem is, this hasn't stopped retarded fans attempting to fabricate a "definitive" timeline, and good lord it's a fucking mess.
>>
File: nintendo bs.jpg (512KB, 1124x1927px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo bs.jpg
512KB, 1124x1927px
>>386156851
but anon, you forgot about the official timeline
>>
File: b8.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>386157612
>CDI games
>Official timeline
Gonna have to try harder than that, m8
>>
>>386157612
Lmfao they actually put the CD-i games in that timeline...
>>
>>386157612
>CDI games and the crappy cartoon
>official timeline
Anon, even waifufags can do a better bait than this
>>
>>386158227
>>386158557
I didn't even see that, the image was too small on google images
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.