[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmt LjPo1kN0 Director is a faggot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmtLjPo1kN0

Director is a faggot
>>
>>386148637
>Director is a faggot

Get a life.
>>
This exact same thing has happened in the past. Mikami lets another new-comer direct a sequel and it takes a nose dive.

Many people don't know, Resident Evil 2 was a shit show under Kamiya's supervision, it was basically Mikami who stepped in and told the crew to scrap the whole game and begin anew and it was basically all Mikami by that point but Kamiya got the director credit anyways. Same thing here except Mikami doesn't care about directing horror games anymore.
>>
I mean The Evil Within 1 was a lot like RE6; there was some potential there, but it all just falls apart somewhere in the middle
>>
>>386148637
did this game always have zombies? Or did whatever cause those scary things in the first game bring upon the zombies?
>>
>>386148637
OP is a faggot.
>>
>>386149335
>and it was basically all Mikami by that point but Kamiya got the director credit anyways.

lolwat

at least fact check your shit before posting it
>>
>>386149576
http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/GameFan_interview_with_Shinji_Mikami
>>
>>386149752
interesting

the ''official'' story is the other way around, of course, but it always struck me as odd that he supposedly was unable to find his bearings with RE2, since he was such an immense creative force with games like Dino Crisis, REmake, RE4, God Hand and whatnot
>>
>>386149424
They're both a mess of ideas thrown together really. Mikami basically let his team throw in anything that they thought was scary and called it good. The game has no actual direction in terms of horror which is why I don't care about Mikami working on the sequel or not. He was always the gameplay guy to me.
>>
>>386150348
If you look through Shinji's history, you'll notice he's only officially directed one sequel in his entire career which was RE4. He has always struck me as a creative force as you say, and because of his nature doesn't seem to want to direct the same type of game over and over again. Evil Within would've been a coop space adventure game if Bethesda didn't force him to scrap the project and turn it into a survival horror game.

From everything I've read, it seems the decision by Bethesda to force him to make another survival horror game crushed him and If I remember correctly he didn't even get that much involved into the development of EW until more than halfway through.

It's unfortunate, but it would seem Shinji is getting less and less involved since he founded Tango, and is instead focusing on finding talent and let them take over.

He's a pretty good article about the rocky development process behind EW and the studio if you're interested.
https://www.polygon.com/features/2014/2/20/5425802/shinji-mikami-the-evil-within
>>
Still going to pick it up.
>>
>>386151848
me too, fellow bethesda employee
>>
>>386152553
Can toddposters go one thread without screaming memes?
>>
File: 1501857994160.png (285KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501857994160.png
285KB, 1000x800px
>>386149295
Go to your room Kiddos, Daddy says get a life
>>
File: 1498094759914.png (84KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
1498094759914.png
84KB, 319x319px
PLEASE
NO
MAPS

MAPS
RUIN
HORROR
GAMES

I still pre-ordered
>>
>>386151671

Maybe Mikami shouldn't have been a dumbass and tried to forge his own studio? He should have stayed at Platinum.
>>
>>386153486
Maps are kinda necessary for games with backtracking in mind like a lot of classic horror games. No maps might as well be a sign of linear, cinematic gameplay but I'm not judging yet.
>>
>>386155351
Look at game like Dark Souls. Love it or hate it, those games are massive, sprawling worlds that benefit greatly from the lack of a map.

Having to memorize maps is one of my favorite things in any game, period
>>
>>386155280
Like I said, from what I know about the guy, these days he's less invested in directing games, and is much more involved with finding and recruiting talent. Something he wouldn't be able to do at Platinum.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.