[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you talk about me anymore? Why? I was supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: dark-souls-3-guida-soluzione.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-guida-soluzione.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
Why don't you talk about me anymore? Why? I was supposed to be the best. I was supposed to the Bloodborne killer.
DaS3 thread
>>
>>386143989
Because you're shit
>>
You weren't supposed to be anything other than a sequel.
And you were, no matter how lackluster.
>>
>>386143989
I still find you fun to play. ;)
>>
I liked the game. I really like this series, no matter how much the fanbase and the anti fan base try to ruin it. It got its flaws, of course, but I enjoyed it a lot.
>>
The only souls game to miss all aspects of what it means to be a souls game
>>
BB > DS1 > DeS >>> DS3 >>> DS2

only PC cucks will disagree
>>
>>386143989
3 went too safe after 2 fucked up so badly. They took the combat from bloodborne and just dumped it into DS 1, supposedly guaranteed sales, but in reality it's just boring when they don't push boundaries. It's a good game, just a disappointing one when compared to DeS, DaS 1, and BB
>>
>rolls giving you infinite i-frames and costing no stamina
>estus chugging taking no time at all
>profaned capital being unfinished and also having a gimmick boss fight
>linear as fuck

I've played everything but Demon's, but all of these above points make DS3 the easiest game in the series and is also the most uninspired. The only original thing that came out were weapon arts and they're mostly shitty.
>>
File: 1492373735709m.jpg (121KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492373735709m.jpg
121KB, 1024x1024px
>>386146061
>>
File: gun.png (539KB, 539x518px) Image search: [Google]
gun.png
539KB, 539x518px
>>386143989
Marauding as a lover of Dark Souls 1, deep down, mechanically, you take more from 2, and for that, I will not forgive you.
>>
>>386143989
Just gonna repost this:
I finally started playing DaS3 yesterday, just beat the Abyss Watchers. Here's what I've noticed so far:

>Every enemy is a giant zombie and/or humanoid, save for some crabs.
>Every enemy swings around like a retarded child in an effort to compensate for hilariously bad AI.
>Everything does absurd damage, again to compensate for AI.
>Every boss, except cursed Cursed Oak, is the same. They just flail like idiots and then you run up and hit them. Repeat.
>Every single area is hideous and looks like it was designed by a child who wanted to emulate Gears of War's color pallet. The same fucking candles are randomly placed everywhere. Random tombstones and graves everywhere for no reason:
>>Grey Castle -> Grey Hobo Town -> Grey Path of Puke Green -> Shit Brown & Green Swamp -> Shit Brown Swamp -> Brown and Grey Crypts.
>Despite the combat being far faster than previous entries, combat is less intense and is largely just a roll-fest.
>All of the NPCs are either references to DaS1 and/or they're completely bland and have 1-2 lines of exposition about nothing.
>The fire keeper talks too fucking much.
>Nothing drops souls worth a damn, even bosses.
>All of the boss weapons, save for Lucatiel's sword, blow dick so far.
>The story is somehow more non-existent then DaS2's. It's literally "Go find the Lords of Cinder", with nothing else.
>Estus chugging is comically unpunishable, even by NPC enemies.
>There's a bonfire every three feet.

This game so far has been really underwhelming and so far it feels like I wasted my money.
>>
>>386143989
It's a more polished version of 1 without being as good as 1. They played it too safe after the disaster that was 2.
>>
What's left to discuss?
Its a single-player game that came out half a year ago, the general on /vg/ has decent traffic, you can still summon and invade, you're literally just looking for validation on your contrarian opinion, which on /v/ is a abundant.

>>386146389
>Every enemy is a giant zombie and/or humanoid
Besides slimes, slugs, dragons, dogs, corvians, basilisks, mimics, centipedes, spiders, demons, worms, ghrus, rats, giant flies right? what's wrong with humanoid enemies anyway?
>every enemy swings around like a retarded child in an effort to compensate for hilariously bad AI
Examples?
The AI in Dark Souls hasn't changed much, a lot of DS1 enemies spammed attacks, eg the very first enemy you see.
>Everything does absurd damage, again to compensate for the AI
You need to have examples, all of the Dark Souls games enemies deal lots of damage, thats how the game punishes you.
>Every boss, except Cursed Oak, is the same.
As apposed to DS1 literally recycling bosses?
>Complaining about a grey pallet in a dark fantasy game
I can make the same stupid criticism of bloodborne Grey Town -> Grey Cathedral -> Grey Burning Town -> Grey Forest -> Grey Nightmare
>Despite the combat being faster far faster it is less intense and is largely a roll-fest
DS1 you could literally circle-strafe most enemies and backstab, DS3 has attacks that require you to evade or you'll take "absurd damage", unless you're using something like carthus bloodring you can't spam-roll through attacks since enemies are designed to have attacks that catch you as you come out of your roll.
>All the npcs are either references to DaS1 and/or they're completely bland
The only real stand out references are Andre and Siegward, all Dark Souls npc's have minimal dialogue, its not talking sim like Witcher 3
>fire keeper talks to much
nitpicking, you can just spam A through it
>nothing drops souls worth a dam
Objectively false.
>All the boss weapons blow
*the best weapons in the game for pvp
>>
thia thread is bait. there were 1000000xs of this thread all day every day forever
>>
File: DS2fags.jpg (17KB, 202x320px) Image search: [Google]
DS2fags.jpg
17KB, 202x320px
>>386148451
this
>>
File: 1476322568503.jpg (15KB, 323x280px) Image search: [Google]
1476322568503.jpg
15KB, 323x280px
Stupid Fucking dks2 fanboys and Their shitposting
>>
>>386143989
The only thing I really dislike about DS3 is that the world is not as interconnected as the first one.
>>
>>386143989
because I can't afford a ps4 or powerful PC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>386148104
>you're literally just looking for validation on your contrarian opinion
I'm looking for discussion on if what I've seen so far changes at all.
>Examples?
In DaS1/2 they would sometimes wait for an opening and when their health was low they'd play much more defensively.

In DaS3 they just swing their weapon in spastic motions in an effort to score a hit that will deal 2/3rds of your health.

Never mind the fact that their combo chains regularly send them off of ledges and cliffs. The AI in DaS3 also has terrible fucking pathing and spacial awareness. Enemies will swing at your through walls, or if they're the next floor up they'll start attacking in your direction despite the fact that there's absolutely no way for them to hit you. Getting enemies to accomplish this in DaS1/2 took a lot of effort, but it happens all the time.

>As apposed to DS1 literally recycling bosses?
Yes? Who cares if a boss is recycled or not when the playstyle against them is the same. Every boss, save for cursed Oak, has been the same so far.

>I can make the same stupid criticism of bloodborne
DaS1 and 2 were gothic/dark fantasy and didn't suffer from shit brown and grey colors everywhere, and that's despite the fact that DaS2 was graphically terrible in most regards.

>you can't spam-roll through attacks
I've done this so far without consequence considering that you get half a second worth of i-frames on your roll without any stat investment, and the roll costs virtually nothing.

>its not talking sim like Witcher 3
It's not an anything sim. The NPCs in DaS3 are non-entities so far.

>nitpicking
It's annoying, to the point that it's a valid criticism. She's actually more irritating than the Emerald Herald somehow.

>Objectively false.
No? Vordt drops 3000 souls, Pursuer dropped 17,000. Vordt's soul is worth 2000, Pursuer's is worth 8000. Both of them are the first bosses in their respective games.

This same discrepancy is echoed by the enemies you fight.
>>
>>386143989
Because I like PvP and I thought although your dodging mechanics were refined and all the good stuff PvP felt more lackluster than 1, mainly because 1 was my first game of the series, and 2 which shouldn't happen
>>
File: sad sun.jpg (140KB, 354x316px) Image search: [Google]
sad sun.jpg
140KB, 354x316px
>>386143989
Does this game get better after the swamp? I mean the one that's darker and more brown.
I want to beat this game but it's just a slog to get through.
>>
>>386143989
I still play ds3 often

Invading is still fun
>>
>>386152290
>Does this game get better after the swamp? I mean the one that's darker and more brown.

Like a third of the game is swamps m8

You talking about the farron one?
>>
>>386143989
Because DaS3 is a game that falls apart on closer inspection.
>Very linear progression which is a bad thing because it brings out multiple other points
>Item progression is simplified. Every weapon is on one track, mild exploration will get you all your upgrade materials because zones for upgrades are rather clearly defined aside from the deviation resulting from early Lothric castle and you don't need embers to upgrade past tiers. You won't miss an upgrade or find a different smithing path for your weapon to go for instead.
>Succession of shit areas near the start of the game (Path of sacrifices onward) and bosses don't pick up the slack until at least Pontiff
>A lot of scripting that's not going to be a one-off thing. Rather than stemming from enemy behavior a lot of enemies and assorted things will start behavior like starting a one-way patrol, resurrection, ambush or arrow rain based off of level triggers
>The hub is disconnected from everything else and with every bonfire you get you can warp there and back to benefit from the central merchants which diffuses any atmosphere the game can really attempt to build rather effectively
>Enemies are approached in very similar fashions due to the lack of poise as an enemy has no consistent response to getting hit first other than have a shitload of health or instantly recover
>Bosses with very isolated exceptions have 2 phases that kick in at certain % HP and at no other time. Their arenas are generally boring and flat unless they're cribbed from a different game. A boss typically has little presence outside of their arena. All cakewalks until Pontiff.
>Attention to detail is lacking. References that are everywhere aren't even executed properly because most of the necessary stuff is missing and just enough effort was invested to show that they exist. Little bugs are everywhere.
>NPCs are a bit lacking. Often not enough voice lines and their quests often show glaring flaws in how they are handled.
>>
File: IMG_0156.jpg (82KB, 699x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0156.jpg
82KB, 699x720px
>>386143989

>Bloodborne killer
>Made by the same company
>>
>>386151039
Bosses are one thing I noticed, but for fodder I imagine the soul payouts are low because there's nearly triple the amount of individual enemies in each area compared to 2. They squeeze as many enemies as possible on-screen in most PvE areas early to mid game, even if they aren't all aggessive. Looots more combat in 3 but also much less secrets or exploration.
>>
>>386152290
Imo everything after carthus catacombs is rly good
>>
>>386154123
I am mostly of the same opinion it gets a tad better, but only because of Lothric Castle, Grand Archives, Archdragon Peak, and the better parts of Irithyll. You still have Smouldering Lake which should be optional but has absolutely crucial items, and is just horrible in all respects apart from the surface of the lake itself being stunning aesthetically, which is the extent of its positives.

Then you have Irithyll and Irithyll dungeon; the former being mostly enjoyable apart from excessive combat focus, the latter you'd be hard-pressed to think of one positive thing about. Seriously Irithyll Dungeon is horrible and so are the enemies.

Then you have Profaned Capital and Anor Londo, and there isn't much to say about either... They are terribly unfinished levels.
>>
>>386155376
Excuse me Irithyll dungeon leading into the Profaned Capital beneath irithyll was fucking amazing to experience. Irithyll dungeon also has excellent level design.
>>
you were the only dark souls i could be bothered to 100% and join in the pvp
>>
the irithyll reveal is the best moment in the series, shame about the bosses
>>
>>386143989
Ignore the contrarians OP. In my opinion it comes VERY close to being as good as DaS1, beats DeS, haven't finished BB, and destroys DaS2.

>Weapon Arts are wayyyy too much fun, flashy as all fuck and very cool, especially in PvE (and if you haven't used Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords in PvP it's a very satisfying thing to do)
>Bosses are among the top in the series, as well as being the most consistently good fights.

They're very fun, incredibly challenging, and you will very quickly learn to dodge and attack fluidly, it's like a dance
>Boss Weapons are amazing this time around, for the most part. Their weapon arts are very unique, feel satisfying to use, and they're aesthetically pleasing.
>Andre is back
>SOME areas are excellently designed, the swamps however are a slog.
>The fast combat is very entertaining, and combat feels more fluid than ever, I would say.
>The graphics are stunning. I have only played it on PS4 and it was BEAUTIFUL. Also, framerate issues are slim to none, unlike DaS1 heavily and a bit of DaS2, DeS as well.
>Critical Attacks on bosses are fucking awesome. Hit their head enough, or do enough damage in enough time, and many many bosses will be stunned, let their guard down, and you can go up to them and press R1 for a treat. Very satisfying.
>Some of the hardest yet most fair and satisfying bosses. I know I mentioned bosses already, but Gael and Midir are EXCELLENT fights (yes even Midir, git gud at dodging him and hitting his head for double damage) as well as Nameless King and Champion Gundyr being a few of my favorites in the series.
>The MUSIC is among the best in the series for bossfights. It really adds to the experience for nearly all of them, the score is the literal meaning of epic and a treat to listen to.
>Moving around/running feels grounded and realistic again (looking at you DaS2), not slippery at all.
>PvP is very satisfying.
>>
>>386155841
It's a tad petered out by objectively bad enemy design and overuse
>>
>>386156727
>and overuse
what
>>
>>386156564
Also, I've very recently run through DaS1 again (practically for the first time), DeS before it, and am in the middle of a co-op playthrough of DaS2 so all of them feel fresh in my mind.
>>
>>386156564
>The graphics are stunning.
Yeah, floating plants and miss-matched texture resolutions are pretty stunning.

>Some of the hardest yet most fair and satisfying bosses.
None of the bosses in DaS3 are difficult.

>The MUSIC is among the best in the series for bossfights.
Everything sounds the same.

>Moving around/running feels grounded and realistic again
DaS2 had the realistic and grounded movement, which is why a lot of people didn't like it. DaS3 has comical animation rigging that results in your character's joints swiveling around like a robot to match your inputs.

>PvP is very satisfying.
Worst out of any game in the series.
>>
>>386156564
>Andre is back
Basically just copypasted and no fistfight.
>Some areas are excellently designed
Some are decently designed but not quite excellent
>Combat
It's also the most cut down the combat has ever been.
>Framerate
If you're only on PS4 then what is the point in even mentioning this?
>Midir
Shit boss. Gitting Gud at dodging him is too easy. It's the large health bar that is annoying.

>>386156871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbAPhbLKSzQ
>>
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne is the true trilogy. DS2 and DS3 were both failures, 2 because it failed to have 1's world design, level design, atmosphere, combat, and pretty much everything else, and 3 because it played it incredibly safe and basically just said "lul let's just crossover BB and DS" and STILL DIDN'T GIVE ME MY INTERCONNECTED WORLD
>>
>>386158869
>Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne is the true trilogy
Wrong, DaS1 is shit and 3 is much better
>>
>>386158946
3 took everything 1 excelled at and threw it out the window. World design? Who needs it. Original story and lore? Let's just rehash and tack stuff on to 1. Atmosphere? Let's make the areas completely inconsistent in their flow and give the player the ability to teleport out at any moment, completely ruining any immersion
>>
>>386159414
Nope, they improved everything after the experience they had with Bloodborne and did that right
There's some lackluster of content with copying shit from DaS1, I agree, but still leveldesign is much better and you can actually see from some locations where you're heading and from where you were going
Also much better mechanics and gameplay that improves everything what should've been right after DaS1
Also thanks for laughs about world design, because DaS1 has none, just like second. And stop with this interconnected shit meme, most locations are just slapped into each other and there's nothing logical you could say other than disgusting excuse "it's in the lore!"
Now fuck off
>>
I'm a poorfag so I haven't played BB or DaS3 but the more fast-paced design of the former and the linearity of the latter (from what I've gathered) kinda put me off.
>>
>>386159758
>you can actually see from some locations where you're heading and from where you were going

Only because the world layout of DaS3 is a straight fucking line.
>>
>>386159758
You obviously never played 1 if you don't see how the areas connect together, past 3's "look there's the area way off in the distance even though you didn't actually go that far!" Saying Dark Souls has no world design is like saying Planescape doesn't have any story, you're making yourself look like a fucking idiot
>>
>>386157606
Those are some pretty damn nitpicky complaints on graphics. As a whole, the game is beautiful, absolutely gorgeous, and disagreeing with this is blatant contrarianism.

>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>Champion Gundyr
>Nameless King
>Sister Friede
>Gael
>Midir

>>>Not difficult bossfights.

This is bait.

Uh no, the music doesn't sound the same. Dancer, specifically is starkly different from almost every piece in the game because it's more subtle, and haunting.

DaS2 didn't feel realistic at all. It felt like you were running on slippery butter and weighted 5 lbs the whole game.

Nah, PvP is great, you can be upset if you got rekt by weapon arts tho if you want.
>>
>>386143989
game that killed it's on franchise
>>
>>386161481
>You obviously never played 1
DaS1-fan's autism always amazes me
>if you don't see how the areas connect together
Well, you also have reading comprehension problems as I see
>>
>>386161562
>As a whole, the game is beautiful, absolutely gorgeous, and disagreeing with this is blatant contrarianism.
>Shit brown and grey.
>Beautiful, absolutely gorgeous.
Nah.

Nameless King and Vordt were the only bosses that killed me more than once. Roll-spam makes the game a joke 9/10 times and completely destroys any sense of danger.

>It felt like you were running on slippery butter and weighted 5 lbs the whole game.
Nope. If this were at all true a number of bosses in DaS2 would be straight up unbeatable.

>Nah, PvP is great
Worst in the series, save for BB if you want to count that, and it has nothing to do with weapon arts, which were lazy trash on 9/10 weapons.
>>
File: 1458595866475.jpg (1MB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1458595866475.jpg
1MB, 1280x1440px
>>386161562
>As a whole, the game is beautiful, absolutely gorgeous, and disagreeing with this is blatant contrarianism.

Not him but it objectively looks worse than a game made a year prior on the same engine and I even played this maxed on PC.

Also, Pontiff was a joke, i'm pretty sure strafing to his right side causes him to miss the majority of his attacks.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.