[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best singleplayer FPS of the 2010's Also one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: resistance.png (50KB, 250x301px) Image search: [Google]
resistance.png
50KB, 250x301px
This is the best singleplayer FPS of the 2010's

Also one of the greatest box arts of all time
>>
Criminally underrated, best atmosphere and guns of any shooter I've played. Story was a bit meh but the environments and enemies made up for it
>>
Agreed, It's one of the main reasons I still keep my ps3 around. My only complaint about it, is that it doesn't have R2 style 8 person co-op. That shit was so much fun.
>>
>>386137065
pretty gut
i like the setting and scenario a lot
>>
>>386138350
Yeah, I went back to play R2 and boy was it kinda crappy, like it felt really cheap and did not age well, but that co-op mode was so fun
>>
>>386137065
>one of the greatest box arts of all time
LOL
>>
File: lolishrug.png (99KB, 234x231px) Image search: [Google]
lolishrug.png
99KB, 234x231px
I prefer Resistance 1's campaign and 2's coop desu. Three was alright but it felt disjointed in the grand scheme of the games. Granted, that was likely due in part to 2 shaking things up.
>>
>>386139409
Whats wrong with it, its great
>>
File: 1488131000513.jpg (46KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488131000513.jpg
46KB, 462x500px
>>386137065
>know nothing about resistance games
>only played a multi beta of resi 2 because it was free
>recently buy all 3 because I'm beating all the ps3 exclusives
>1 is ok, 2 is ok, 3 is great

I did not expect this at all. Third looked like it was going to be the worst one
>>
Hnnnng i always wanted to play this series so bad but never got the ps3. Hows ps3 emulation today?
>>
>>386139613
A lot of people say its bad, but I think those people suffer from like "newest game" syndrome or something. Some series the newest game gets the most hate, but R3 is like objectively the best one
>>
>>386139676
don't work on the resistance games yet
but there is the ps now if you really want
>>
>tfw Resistance 2 was so bad it killed Resistance 3's sales potential and destroyed the series

Fuck you Insomniac for following the CoD money
>>
>>386137065
R3 was definitely the best in the series, and the multiplayer was great too, it's a shame they didn't replicate and expand on the success of R2's co-op though.
>>
>>386139852
Using PSNow trial to play Catherine this month, maybe I'll play this too!
>>
I'm mad they had so many cool ideas and barely used them.
>Pure Chimera
>The unknown species that drove the Chimera from Earth
>The Cloven
>Gray Tech
>>
>>386137065
Mediocre trash. I can't remember anything about it and I only played it a couple years ago.
All these 2010's FPS are better
>Deus Ex HR and MD
>Metro 2033
>Metro Last Light
>Halo Reach
>Nu-Doom
>Memerlands 2
>New Vegas
>Bioshock 2
>Dishonored

Even Duke Nukem Forever was more memorable Resistance 3
>>
>>386142282
Are you sure you played it? R3 was incredible, and had incredible weaponry at the very least. It was more of an old school shooter than Duke Nukem Forever
>>
File: hailstorm.jpg (64KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
hailstorm.jpg
64KB, 1024x576px
Never played Resistance 3. Does it have better weapons than the first one?
>>
>>386142654
I played all 3 in a row one day after the other and I remember literally nothing about it. I remember a little bit of the first one and the ending of the second one but nothing about 3.
>>
What's the problem with resistance 2 exactly? I only played resistance 1 and it's very good.
>>
>>386143226
It had a 2 weapon limit and the level variety was pathetic. Also way too many zombie chimera enemies
>>
>>386143226
they decided to go full CoD and limit the weapon pick ups and make every ecounter a cover shooter.
>>
>>386143226
Everything about the game looked dumbed down: skinny, pussy-ass looking Chimeras, lame weapons, graphics –almost everything.
>>
>>386142837
Best bullseye in the series, best auger, freeze gun, blade gun, flamethrower, some other cool ones. Some good shit
>>
>>386143780
It's funny how Auger evolved in the series.

In 1 it was fucking bad, in 2 they buffed it so much it was incredibly op and by far the best weapon and in 3 it felt balanced.
>>
>>386143226
2 weapons limit, CoD controls, regenerating health and excessive cinematic bullshit. The game is still good though, it's just the worst in the series. It had good art style, nice levels and some cool bosses, also the coop was god tier, imagine if left for dead was actually 8 for dead with actual classes and good gameplay, too bad the servers went down years ago.
>>
>>386143226
The first game had crazy weapon and enemy variety and a more arcadey, old school level design.

The second one was basically just Call of Duty with aliens instead of Nazis/Taliban.
There was a two weapon limit, so they only had about five different weapons and five different enemies.

Oh, they also added in enemies that served as QTEs where they would pop up and you had to shoot them or you died instantly.

Resistance 2 was fucking dumb. Which is a shame, because it had so much potential.
>>
Resistance 3 was what Half-Life 2 should have been.
>>
I had a demo, it was pretty fun. 2010-2015 I took a bit of a gaming hiatus.
>>
>>386144065
>Oh, they also added in enemies that served as QTEs where they would pop up and you had to shoot them or you died instantly.
I don't recall this, huh
>>
>>386144309
http://resistance.wikia.com/wiki/Chameleon
>>
>>386144275
It really did feel like HL2 a lot. Much better design choice than Resi 2 copying COD
>>
>>386144301
Were you in prison?
>>
>>386144580
Former NEET. Went homeless and had to get a job, ended up splitting costs on an Xbox One with a friend in 2015, and finally just built a decent PC earlier this year.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.