[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone tell me why they like this game. I think it's bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg (112KB, 380x384px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg
112KB, 380x384px
Someone tell me why they like this game.
I think it's bad. Convince me otherwise.
I just started the second castle. Here's what bad:
>Leveling and equipment invalidate any challenge for most of the first castle. You just hit stuff and it dies. No need to avoid boss attacks since they do no damage.
>Exploration to find items just to find a power in order to get other items. These are just lying around. Generally not tied to bosses.
>Long corridors filled with the same enemies.
>Returning to previous areas presents no challenge. Feels like enemies are just there because they need to be. They don't present an obstacle, just an annoyance.

Exploration is fun but the rest of the gameplay is pretty boring.
>>
>>386130173
Im just easily entertained and really like picking up items. Also I like the soundtrack alot and I like seeing the different enemies the game has even if some arent all impressive.
>>
nice trollb8 faggot. sotn=goat.
>>
>>386130938
Yeah sound track is good and the enemy designs are interesting, even if they aren't interesting to fight.

>>386131026
Way to refute my argument with that lack of content in your post there. If I'm trying then it shouldn't be hard to tell me why I'm wrong.
>>
>>386130173
>Painfully easy, braindead easy, holy shit there are a dozen ways to break the game and they're not even that hard to stumble upon.
>Platforming aspect is very quickly made boring because you can turn into a bat and fly.
>Inverted Castle is a chore because the platforming is boring. Consider the Super Metroid Rotation hack and how interesting the platforming challenges are since you can't just fly around right off the bat. You have to use the tools you have and gain in interesting ways while in the same environment. SotN is just, fuck, the levels are so bland it just feels like an aesthetic change. The maps are not memorable.
>Have to beat the game to play as the fun modes
>Can chow down on health items and shit on a whim
>There are dingy RPG elements that just bloat the menus and barely matter at all
I have no clue why people rank it anywhere close to Super Metroid. Must be the graphics and music.
>>
I think that Aria of Sorrow is a much superior game, but SotN just has great presentation and that's why it's so memorable.
>>
File: Dracula-sotn.png (324KB, 421x599px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula-sotn.png
324KB, 421x599px
Because I feel like there's so much stuff to do, the combat feels simple but the environments, music, environments and spritework make it so interesting to play. Seriously, I love just walking into Olrox's lair, plopping down in a chair and then leaving the game running while I do something else just to hear the music. I could play the game every year for the rest of my life and not have a single qualm about it. Of course the inverted castle feels like a low point but Finale Toccota makes it up for me, even if it's overused.
>>
>>386131437
Is it worth continuing with the series? I liked almost every other castlevania before sotn.

>>386131235
I've thought about how to make the game better by removing the leveling and equipment systems but the platforming, event placement and long ass corridors would still be super boring.
>>
>>386131676
Yep. Aria,Ecclesia,Rondo ans ScIV are the best ones and really worth playing
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwS6481oQk

This is why.
>>
>>386131826
I thought sc4 was one of the worst I've played.
3 and rondo are my favourites.
>>
I used to think it was the best metroidvania but I'm playing it rn and it's way too easy and once I got to the inverted castle I lost interest in it
>>
>>386132394
Inserted castle seems better to me. At least enemies hurt again now.
Shame most of the exploration now is with the slow ass bat.
>>
>>386131525
But you know where everything is. That's the fun for me, discovering new stuff. Traipsing back through the same old hallways and sets of stairs, just to explore the tiny bit of map I missed earlier isn't interesting to me. If I wasn't finding new stuff then I wouldn't care at all.
>>
>>386132017
Good music doesn't make the game good. It contributes, but it won't make up for bad gameplay.
>>
>>386130173
>I think it's bad
shit taste exists since the dawn of mankind
>>
It was better than Super Metroid.
>>
>>386133431
Then don't anon, personally I enjoy going through the hallways again, trying new outrageous challenges, or using what I've learned to obliterate enemies in absurd ways. This game is just the definition of a fun video game to me, it scratches every itch.
>>
File: twinkie house.jpg (451KB, 1268x545px) Image search: [Google]
twinkie house.jpg
451KB, 1268x545px
>>386130173

I like vampires, a lot
I like to play as one
I like the graphics
I like the music

That's it. It's not rocket-surgery
>>
>>386134238
So do I, but the gameplay isn't there to pull it together.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.