[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help /v/. Few months ago, I bought a Nitro + RX 480 8G

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
I need help /v/.
Few months ago, I bought a Nitro + RX 480 8G for ~290 euros. It has been alright, performance is sweet, only problem I had was in Fallout 4 with just dismal frame drops in downtown Boston(30fps)
Now with all this crazyness around Etherium mining, GPU prices have skyrocketed, and I am in a position where i can sell this card for 380euros.
I've been out of work for a good part of the last month and needless to say, cash this is a bit low.

Now the real question is:
Should I sell this card and get a 250e 3G GTX 1060, and just keep the difference, or go with a 6G model for 350 euros?
Whatever I do, if I sell it, I get a cash boost. Or do I just keep this card since I belive it is the superior product.
>>
I was literally thinking this very same question up until yesterday. I've been successfully gaming on my good old GTX 560ti since 2011, and only now has it started to show its age with SOME of the newer games. My options were to poorfag-upgrade with 1050ti 4GB or 3GB GTX 1060, or bite the bullet and get 6GB version.

In the end, I did grab 6GB variant just yesterday. It did help that I did find one, brand new off an online store, for mere ~280 €. The cheapest 3GB were mere 220€, but I brainstormed that 6GB would not only last me a long while longer, but also be borderline necessity if I ever dare to test the waters with VR.

tl;dr: if ya can find 6GB variants for 300 eurobux like I did, take it. It won't let you down; even the 3GB can do stuff like Witcher 3 at Very High pre-set at around 55-60fps average.
>>
>>386129418
this is more a /biz/ or /g/ question but I think the mining craze is dieing down. There is also no reason you should pay for 350e for a 1060, it's roughly equivalent to your 480.
I wouldn't recommend it
>>
>>386129418
if you need the money sell and order a list price 1050ti. you will be waiting weeks for it but its cheap and does the job.

if not. dont fucking sell you cretin. its a fantastic card, under volt for more stability.
>>
>>386129418
Even 1080tis in SLI and a beefy cpu get dramatic frame drops in downtown Boston. If you want to fix that, you have to do a ton of INI tweaking and maybe get shadowboost if you're using an ENB. It's a Bethesda game, do not expect optimization friendo.
>>
>>386130309
I know my 480 is awesome for the price I paid, but right now there are no 1060s for under 350, besides 3gb models, and I feel like that one is just bad.

>>386130356
So would you say I should capitalize on this, then save the money and wait for prices to die down?

>>386130498
Well I need the money, but can make do without it. It would just be hard af and I'd be eating sandwiches for the whole month.

I know its a good card, but selling it now for a 1060 3gb means i will be technically getting it for like 170euros, which is a steal.
>>
>>386130515
I figured it out, installed dynamic shadow distance and all... but it buggs me to no end. I want to like the game, but it optimization fucks me raw at every turn.
>>
>>386130983
just stop playing shitty Bethesda games.
makes your life so much easier.
>>
>>386130868
>So would you say I should capitalize on this, then save the money and wait for prices to die down?
You could to that but then you'd be without a GPU for a while, if you're fine with that then go ahead, but it might still take some time before prices go back to normal.
>>
>>386131032
>>386131032
Deleted it right now. Feels good. Like i got rid of a massive debt or something.

>>386131395
I could just play the fuck out of Torment and Tyranny. They run on toasters.
But knowing myself I'd feel like shit knowing I sold my card into mining slavery, and didn't replace it with anything.

What do you know about Vega? It seems to be releasing soon, and MSRP is 400e?
>>
PC Gaming, hahahaha.
>>
>>386131814
Vega will be more of a 1070 competitor.
They launch on August 14, Vega 56 will be $399, Vega 64 will be $499, and there will probably be another later at $599
>>
>>386133557
I should have said 1070 and up
>>
File: pcgaming.jpg (164KB, 979x961px) Image search: [Google]
pcgaming.jpg
164KB, 979x961px
>>386129418
>>386130309
And this is why I stick to consoles.
Mine will last a decade and cost just as much as your GPU alone, let alone all the other bottlenecks you'll face in the coming years
>>
File: current specs.png (18KB, 567x443px) Image search: [Google]
current specs.png
18KB, 567x443px
Why do I have frame drops in minecraft with 100 mods if my cpu is never at 100% and neither is my gpu?
Here are my specs
Any help?
>>
>>386134006
>pc gaming
>mention emulators
>don't count because they can run on any toaster/old
>mention flash games
>not real games/they are for poorfags
>mention mmos
>they suck ass
>mention indies
>they suck ass
You just want to shitpost, kid.
>>
File: lady_liberty_has_balls.jpg (46KB, 288x358px) Image search: [Google]
lady_liberty_has_balls.jpg
46KB, 288x358px
>>386134006
>buy a better product
>pay more money
>>
>>386134006
>a decade of playing one game
>>
>>386134036
I thought this was bait at frist but it might not be, if it is, you got me.
Minecraft runs like ass, it always will unless you use the windows store version.
Java is just not good for games
>>
>>386134365
So even if I can run a fucking shader at 50 fps, I am cursed to lag and frame drops forever? there isn't way to fix this in 1.7.10?
>>
>>386134518
I haven't play Minecraft in like, a year or so so I have no idea what the current state of it is. But the Java version is infamous for performing poorly.
Better hardware will obviously run it better but it's never going to be well optimized.
>>
>>386134978
Some guy developed a very experimental mod the removed a lot of garbage, and frame drops stopped for me, but it had a problem loading the world properly.
It was called fastcraft or something, I think
https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/242677-fastcraft
>>
>>386133557
You think this gpu scarcity will affect Vega prices?
>>
>>386136303
vega is supposed to be great for mining so except double price
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.