[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ever happened to developers using creative methods to k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (171KB, 1187x717px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171KB, 1187x717px
What ever happened to developers using creative methods to keep you from exploring out-of-bounds as opposed to having invisible walls and/or kill zones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqn7dgTJPv4
>>
everyone's gotten lazy, but when confronted they deny deny deny
>>
swimming out into the open water was one of the spookiest things i ever did
>>
Pretty sure GTA V does this exact thing
>>
>>386127338
They stopped being creative.
>>
>>386127590
>tfw you swim too far out in jak & daxter and start hearing that sound before the shark pounces you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwTVegZbqRk
my poor fucking heart
>>
>>386127447
Pretty much this, and it's not even simply laziness, it's CREATIVE laziness nobody wants to think outside the box now, this is why new trends stick out so much, because ONE person thinks something different and suddenly 300 people are copying him.
>>
>>386127338
Gotta be able to go anywhere and do anything
>>
I don't remember that was a shark in crysis.

If you swim too far the battleships start firing at you and if you survive it than prophet presses the killswitch on your suit.
>>
>>386127338
They still do it. It's as infrequent now as it was then.

Pick any generation of games and I can name you 5 classic, well loved titles from that generation that box you in with invisible walls, ACTUAL walls (gee, sure is convenient that every level takes place in a crater that's textured to look like the outside world), or endless fall-to-your-death pits.

Meanwhile modern games like Talos Principle to things like have the simulation code break down if you travel too far into the water.
>>
>>386131070
source?
never had this happen to me and I went pretty far out
>>
>>386128220
You sound angry but like you have no clue what you're angry about.
>>
>>386131661
>you have no clue what you're angry about
I'm angry about developers not knowing how to be creative anymore, you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of developers that still try to make fun new games, all the others are simply trying to copy the formulas those few developers create.
>>
https://youtu.be/G32UXq5azEA

>playing split screen free ride all day in the summer.
>That nu-metal blaring
>Exploring the map.
>BOOM
>Get flung back and while you near the ground you hear a kino whitsle effect.

Why can't they make Mx Vs Atv games again?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.