[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got done checking out some of this on Cemu, and I have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 9

File: Screenshot 2016-06-14 19.03.27.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-06-14 19.03.27.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Just got done checking out some of this on Cemu, and I have to say...I ain't feelin' it. Not sure what makes this game a 10/10. It's alright, but..it's really bland and empty, and feels kind of like a weak version of Dragon's Dogma.

What's the deal?
>>
>>386121071
You have to play it on the intended platform, and spend 600+ dollars to play it in order to understand. It is for sure not trying to avoid buyers remorse.
>>
>>386121127

So people only fluff it up to avoid thinking about how much money they spent in order to play it?
>>
You can only feel it on the Switch, sorry man.
>>
>>386121071
It's one of those games that I put a lot of time into, and spent every waking moment playing for about a month and a half, but then suddenly dropped, lost any desire to continue with, and barely remember anything about the experience.
>>
>>386121250

Explain?
>>
>>386121303

Ahh. The Skyrim Effect?
>>
>>386121303
Because all you did was run around on foot and on a horse for 200 hours
>>
>>386121305

He doesn't want someone that doesn't own a Switch criticising the game because you're not subject to the level of defensiveness he is. He paid about 500 dollars to play this game, as did a lot of people here. The buyer's remorse is real
>>
Perhaps you'd be best playing something more to your unrefined taste. Fifa or undertale maybe.
>>
>>386121323
Not him but pretty much. It's wonderful while it lasts, but not a lot of replay. Went back for master mode, and I'll do the DLC, but after that, I don't see myself touching it again.

Still, it's a fantastic game that I've put 400 hours into and it kept me engaged through the majority of the main story + shrines.
>>
>>386121530

Maybe it's because i've played a LOT of open world games, but it's not really gripping me.
>>
File: ZELDA SSX 3.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ZELDA SSX 3.webm
3MB, 640x360px
If you haven't left the Grand Plateau, you haven't even started the game proper yet. And no, this ain't some "it gets good after XX hours!" meme, that starting section is literally your training phase, after which the whole world opens up for you.

And after that... the sky's the limit. You can go anywhere, do what ever the fuck you want. No one can tell you what's right or wrong, or what you will face. You could just follow the few rare pointers some people give to you early on, or do like I did and end up on the opposing side of the world first, never seeing a single living being or even a piece of Rupee for DOZENS of hours.
And boy, did I love it!
>>
>>386121601

>the sky's the limit. You can go anywhere, do what ever the fuck you want. No one can tell you what's right or wrong, or what you will face. You could just follow the few rare pointers some people give to you early on, or

Well, that's every open world game ever...but what IS there to do?
>>
>>386121594
Not him, and I have done the same in the decades gone by, and I too had my doubts about the very beginning of the game. I'd actually just finished Skyward Sword a bit earlier for the first time, and the first hour or two did indeed make me consider it a vastly superior Zelda game.

But the beginning ain't the whole story. No sir.
I can only say "it gets better!", but how and when depends totally on you. There's fucktons of content to be found and seen, crazy amounts of "TECHNOLOGY" that I'm still discovering this very day, that would make even Hideo Kojima jizz his pants, and obviously if you're an old-time Zelda fan, you will find lots of subtle yet recognizable fanservice and references that may make your eyes a bit moist.
Like, I actually went and tried to defeat Ganon looong before I'd even started my first Ancient Beast main quest. It was fucking crazy, and I almost got it too. Fortunately (?), I ultimately failed, but it made me realize that while I had a long way to go to get the job done "properly", anyone with enough patience and skill could "beat" the game very quickly. Though I do have to stress that it's not quite the meat and salt of BotW to rush it through as quick as you can, on the very contrary in fact.

>>386121846
>but what IS there to do?
Discovery.
And I mean it: discovering places, things and features is one huge attraction of this game.

What can you discover then? That'd I'd rather keep as a secret.
>>
>>386121942

>Discovery.

I guess the same could be said of No Man's Sky?
Give me an example. Just one. That won't spoil too much for me, will it?
>>
>>386122120
Not him, but discovery is nothing like NMS. I won't give an actual example, but BotW's world just feels handcrafted, but natural at the same time. When you discover something, it's because a competent designer placed it there, not because an algorithm generated it. Even compared to other open world games, Zelda's world just feels... designed. But in a good way that doesn't feel artificial. It's hard to explain.

Just give it an hour or two after the plateau. I think that's about when it clicked for me. You pirated anyway, so you might as well just play it. Upgrade stamina and inventory slots as soon as possible, also.
>>
>>386122419

Can you please give me ONE example? This sounds like marketing-speak, so far. Every game is designed.

eh, fuck it. I'll keep playing it for a bit anyway, because i'm bored today, but one example might be nice, or I might as well just play something like the Witcher III.
>>
>>386121127
Honestly this.
A lot of games are pretty meh when you aren't convincing yourself the value is worth it.
>>
File: 1496831773542.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1496831773542.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
>>386121071
>>
>>386122550

Calling a game "alright" isn't crying about it, friendo.
>>
>>386122120
>>386122535
>No Man's Sky
...nah, not quite. BotW actually lets you find practical, useful shit and cool set pieces. Hundreds of them.

>Give me an example. Just one.
Jesus... even that is a colossal task. Surprisingly hard now that I'm thinking about it

Well, besides the entire "environmental storytelling" stuff and finding numerous backstory bits and pieces, how does helping to build an entire village from scratch sound to you? Discovering, helping and "hunting" grand, ancient beings? Surviving in a deserted island butt naked?

But still, I must stress that there are few truly THIS open and dynamic games. No other open-world game I've played gets even close, besides maybe STALKER games, but even they are in much smaller scale, with clear restrictions.
>>
>>386122120
For me this game is like a between Animal Crossing, Zelda and the Open World formula.
There is the little things like that if you hold an apple you can feed your horse or how you can use the power of creating ice to climb waterfalls or dicovering new recipes.
There is the big things like the first time you see Hateno Fortress, exploring the villages, the sidequest to find treasures where you have to look at the map to resolve the riddles, the feeling of journey when you pin a place far away and all the things that happen while you travel, or every time you conquest a mountain, the vibrant colors.
I don't know, is a very special game, very slow o very fast depending of how you play. But it's also a polarazing game, many people will love it and many people will hate it, there is nothing wrong if you don't like it.
The moment I know I falled in love with this game was when I unlocked the camera and you can register all wildlife, enemies and materials.
>>
>>386122663

Well, fair enough. They sound fun. Can I build a house, or get properties?
>>
>>386121071
>What's the deal?
There is no deal.
Point is Nintendo fans are stuck in their little world of rehashed titles so when one game actually tries to break from their fossilized, archaic design choices they think Nintendo did some kind of copernican revolution when in the real world people have been playing shit like that since decades.
Doesn't help that the gaming "press" is paid to give inflated scores, but really, there is nothing special, even the first Gothic has a richer and better designed world than BoTW, shit, you could already climb everything in there, BoTW is an empty sandbox with literal copypasted content out of the ass, a good 50% of which is collecting shit.
Unless you're one of those people who have fun with a mediocre physics engine and gimmicks that don't actually add anything to the gameplay, BoTW is a mediocre game through and through.
>>
>>386122628

Read the thread bud. The salt is real.
>>
>>386122776

People not liking a game isn't "salt", anon.
>>
>>386122550
I love this image
>>
>>386122718
You can get one house, but you can't decide the place or the house, and that's sad because there are a fuckton of places that are ideal for it.
>>
>>386122718
kinda both. Don't expect some Sims -tier detailed decorating qualities.

Still, the best memories about BotW, for me, are the "adventures" I ended up crafting myself. The unnecessarily tough struggles I exposed myself to early on, learning the rules the hard way, tackling some crazy hard battles with hobo-tier rookie gear.
>>
>>386122906

Eh. That's fine. I'd rather have one nice one than a hundred that I never use.

Does the item degredation ever get better, or can I turn it off? I wouldn't mind having a nice weapon, rather than having to pick up sticks to fight with because mine break every second enemy?
>>
>>386121601
Grand plateau was the only good part of the game
>>
File: 215471989_gkzwd-l-2.jpg (119KB, 800x438px) Image search: [Google]
215471989_gkzwd-l-2.jpg
119KB, 800x438px
>>386122832

Complaining about costs and justifications for a luxury item is pretty salty.
>>
File: 1498842165029.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498842165029.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>>386123084
Nah.
The Eventide island was way better.

As was venturing to Gerudo Valley before even stepping into Kakariko.
>>
File: 1498362003435.png (436KB, 538x420px) Image search: [Google]
1498362003435.png
436KB, 538x420px
>>386121071
>Just got done checking out some of this on Cemu
>>
>>386123145
>Complaining about costs and justifications for a luxury item is pretty salty.

How? It's far less salty than complaining about money spent on basic needs. I don't think you thought this through.
>>
>>386123021
Jesus Christ just play the game. It's on your hard drive. Or don't. Play W3 if you want. No one cares. But this is a game where going in as blind as possible is best.

And no, you can't turn degradation off, but yes, it gets better. Of course there are nicer weapons later on. Not even much later. But as I mentioned in another post, upgrade your inventory slots with Korok Seeds. It helps ease some of that tedium.

The fact you're still using sticks means you've played barely any of the game, yet here you are making a thread asking why it's so great. Come on, dude. This is the shit that gives pirates give a bad name. Download a game for free, play it in an imperfect state, put a small bit of time into it because it's expendable, and then make a negative post about it.
>>
>>386123021
Weapons will always break, though some last longer. It is like that by a design, and as taunting as it may seem now, it ultimately makes the game better.

As soon as you learn out of that "I want a good, strong weapon and keep it!" phase (trust me, everyone's had that), and start experimenting with your arsenal, treating each find as a consumable, the better.
Believe me, you won't run out of weapons. And bigger risks n challenges usually reward you with higher end gear.
>>
>>386124024

Well, cool. I'll go and give it a bash now. Thanks.

>>386123818

And..uh..thanks to you, too. For your earlier advice, rather than your latter saltiness.
>>
I just wish I could erase my memory of it and play it again. It's a masterpiece in my book. It still baffles me how I haven't encountered a single bug the entire game, the level of polish is phenomenal.

I guess people who don't like open world games at all will never enjoy it, I was definitely worried when I heard they were forgoing the OoT formula, but when the reviews came out I thought fuck it, I haven't bought a new console in ages. Glad I did.

The ONLY shit thing about the game is that once you reach a certain stage, there's no need to really experiment with the physics and get creative to defeat enemies. I also think the whole Rito area felt a bit rushed compared to the others, the lead up to the divine beast was especially disappointing.

The only person I know personally who didn't enjoy it is a pleb who got frustrated with the lack of handholding and story focus.
>>
>>386122550
Nintenbros coping mechanisms are at full swing i see.
>>
>>386121071
It's not very good. I think of it as a tech demo for that engine and the next game will probably have substance.
The main type of content is recycled hundreds of times without variety, the combat is extremely basic and easily broken and the different areas are so similar that there's no reason to go visit one over another.

I think the worst part is that you can experience over 50% of the game on the plateau, with the rest being slight variations of what you've already done.
>>
What the fuck is with all these fucking blog posts about this game?
>I didn't like the game guys, I'm not feeling it
>>
>>386124232
>I guess people who don't like open world games at all will never enjoy it,
my wife is quite anti-open world gamer, mostly because she loves clear structure that to follow and "solve", but she's already clocking like 150h in BotW as we speak. Yeah, on a paper BotW seems generic and predictable as fuck, but in practice it does sooo many things in its own way, breaking the mold and turning common tropes into actually working, enjoyable systems.

>>386124468
I swear I've seen this kind of posts several times in recent past now.
If you really want to, you can break and trivialize ANY game in similar manner. Most FPS games don't really change much at all towards the end, they just throw various different configurations of main assets and set pieces at you .
>>
>>386124468
>you can experience over 50% of the game on the plateau, with the rest being slight variations of what you've already done.

I mean if you're talking about the core mechanics, then sure. but that is 90% of video games. If you're talking about anything other than mechanics, you're incorrect.
>>
>>386122538
Pirating and bundles put me through some kind of crisis. When I was a kid there wasn't good or bad games, there wasn't even games genres, Command and Conquer wasn't a RTS, it was just Command and Conquer. Now I've become picky and ditch dozens of games, which is probably a good thing since I don't have to take any bullshit kind of difficulties or bad game design.
>>
>>386124468
>you can experience over 50% of the game on the plateau
You can't.
That's literally saying that "a tutorial is same as half of the entire game!".
>>
File: 1500676300022.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500676300022.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
In-denial kiddies will never accept the reality of why BotW has journalists, rival developers and gamers fawning over it and why it's being cited as a new milestone in gaming.

In most open world games getting to an objective requires nothing more than pointing your character in the right direction on your minimap and moving along a flat trajectory.

In BotW, verticality adds a depth to topographical exploration and navigating the world becomes an interactive and reactive exercise. Seeing an object of interest in the distance requires you to figure out how you will get there, and the game design allows the player to approach situations in their own way and let's them fashion their own solutions depending on the resources they have and/or how they want to play.

Will you climb over the mountains? Maybe equip your climbing gear? Maybe brew some stamina or speeds boosts before you go - that way you can climb quicker and still keep your most powerful armour on. But what about the climate? It's freezing up there. Will you acquire some warmer clothes? Or maybe equip a flame weapon to keep the cold away?

Or maybe you should cross over the low lands? Take a horse perhaps? More chance of enemy encounters or running into assassins though. Maybe you could chop a tree down and fashion a makeshift raft and sail it down river?

The focus on player agency and interactivity is unparalleled in any open world game. Some creative folks even made a fucking flying machine out of junk lying around.

The sheer amount of freedom and experimentation within a world where the systems of interactivity are all intricately connected means that every player will have THEIR own unique gaming experience.

It's takes an extraordinary amount of confidence for a developer to say to a player; go ahead, do whatever you want, it's all good. Most game designers would be utterly terrified to give players such freedom out of fear they would break the game.
>>
>>386124880

You might as well be talking about minecraft
>>
>>386124880
>Most game designers would be utterly terrified to give players such freedom out of fear they would break the game.
More like out of fear they don't find a way and start sending death threats because how dare you challenging my intelligence. And bad adverstising of course.
>>
>>386124880

Yeah this essentially. It's the appeal of Morrowind over the later TES games, but rather more so.
>>
>>386125270
No. I even like minecraft. But no.
>>
>>386124742
>If you're talking about anything other than mechanics, you're incorrect.
Shrines don't change much and the best ones are on the plateau because those are the only ones with interesting rewards.
Towers don't change much either.
Koroks as well. There are like 10 different Korok puzzles that aren't very different.
Bokoblins are the main enemy for the entire game. Recolored after a while.
Environmental hazards.
The entire extent of combat, shield surfing, tree cutting, cooking, hunting and climbing. Mounts aren't.
One of 4 miniboss types are on the plateau.
Boomerangs and wands are the only new weapons outside iirc.

And what you haven't seen can be experienced in 10-20 hours after you leave.

It's like Uncharted. You get slightly different guns and the eventual set pieces, but the first chapter almost entirely represents what you'll do for the next 12 hours. Difference is that Zelda's "first chapter" can last five to seven hours and the rest of the game 200+ to beat it.
>>
>>386124880

I hope this is a return to form for open world, regardless of whether someone thinks BotW is good, or future Zelda titles should follow this format.
>>
>>386124880
You are utterly delusional, Gothic games did the same exact shit decades ago but with less pointless gimmicks such as shieldboarding or horses, call me when you can morph into a bug to get inside a fortress or locked households by crawling under the gates, or turn into an animal to get past a monster infested forest undisturbed(or not since food chain mechanics are a thing and high tier monsters will aggro if you choose to morph into their prey), and since there's an actual society in the game you also have to worry about factions that might see you as hostile or single NPCs you've pissed off, none of this happens in BoTW because the world is not only 70% empty, it's dead, with a handful of NPCs that might as well be robots compared to even Morrowind's NPCs.

Not to mention that again, there is no actual fucking content, so playing around with physics gimmicks is the only thing there is to do in the game after a few quests, because everything after that will be a groundhog day loop of copypasted kiddy puzzles outside of the "main quest", even the legendary beasts have pallette swaps for fuck's sake.
>>
>plays game for the combat and not for the world
>WTF WHY AM I NOT LIKING A GAME FOCUSED ON EXPLORATION AND NOT COMBAT

Also if you're playing it ANYWHERE close to dragon's dogma you are doing it literally WRONG
>>
>>386125831
>no actual fucking content
>pointless gimmicks
You talking about gothic or
>>
>>386125984
>You talking about gothic
>Gothic
>Gimmicks
>No content
BoTW dreams to be half as good, complex or eventful as even that piece of shit that was G3
>>
>>386125831

And to think, another "unbiased" anon said there was no salt here.
>>
>emulating a game
This is on par with watching a Let's Play of a game and forming opinions.
>>
>>386126137
Yeah, it has to dream to be as bad as than Gothic 2
>>
>>386126141
Do you even know what salty means?
All the critics here imply they don't like nor want the game, if they were salty it would be the exact contrary.
>>
>>386121071
This game has confirmed my initial assumption that Amiibos are the shittiest form of "DLC" possible. I think the game itself is pretty fun though. Nice way to unwind.
>>
>>386125774
>>386125774
>Shrines don't change much and the best ones are on the plateau because those are the only ones with interesting rewards.
Subjective bordering on wrong. Aesthetics don't change, content certainly does.

>Towers don't change much either.
Fair, but there are a couple cool ones.

>Koroks as well. There are like 10 different Korok puzzles that aren't very different.
The puzzle types are similar, but coming across them is neat.

>Bokoblins are the main enemy for the entire game. Recolored after a while.
Depends where you are in the world. I feel like Lizalfos are the most common enemy. But I'll admit overall enemy variety could be better.

>Environmental hazards.
Core mechanic

>The entire extent of combat, shield surfing, tree cutting, cooking, hunting and climbing. Mounts aren't.
Core mechanics

>One of 4 miniboss types are on the plateau.
One variation, yes.

>Boomerangs and wands are the only new weapons outside iirc.
*weapon types. Most games are like this.

>And what you haven't seen can be experienced in 10-20 hours after you leave.
Can be, but generally isn't without a guide.

The most important thing to mention is that the entire world itself is a huge part of the game. Most open world games just place set pieces within the world. In BotW, the world and landscape itself is deeply integrated to the overall experience. It's really hard to explain. Sure not every area is super exciting or memorable, but I'd say BotW's world is much more engaging and makes exploration much more rewarding, even if the rewards aren't a big deal.

Like I know when I bomb that rock wall in the distance, it's probably just a small nook with a chest and some ore I already have 20 of. But I still want to get there because finding my way to it, and usually finding other distractions along the way, is fun. In most other games it's a chore. Exploration in BotW is more about the journey than the loot at the end. Although it certainly would be nice to have it both ways.
>>
File: 1501001502668.jpg (118KB, 677x805px) Image search: [Google]
1501001502668.jpg
118KB, 677x805px
>>386123221
Eventide Island was amazing.

I would also put forward:
>finding Naydra for the first time
>the entire Zora's Domain arc
>>
>>386126836
>Like I know when I bomb that rock wall in the distance, it's probably just a small nook with a chest and some ore I already have 20 of. But I still want to get there because finding my way to it
I like to think of Pokemon or Soulsborne as the better ways of doing open world games. You progress through the game linearly but there's a good incentive to explore areas you've been through if you missed something. Items on the ground often have something surprising, even if it's a soul or full heal. Linearity makes sure you can design encounters based on what the player's been through.

Both Soulsborne and Pokemon also often stay very varied in assets and content to the end compared to BotW.
>>
>>386122120
>I guess the same could be said of No Man's Sky?
You wouldn't be saying that if you had actually played NMS
>>
>>386121071
Confirmed for shite taste.
>>
>>386128879
I own it

I'd say it was pretty okay, at best

7 out of 10. The ending felt tacked on entirely, and the actual quest content was spread a little thin. Some of the areas it got pretty ugly, too, and a lot of the time I felt like the color was off.

Worth a buy, but not a system purchase. Get it on the Wii U if you own it, or not at all if you don't.
>>
>>386121229
You taking this post seriously is a clear sign that you do not grasp sarcasm in it's most obvious state
>>
>>386121071
Okay, the thing is it had everything that people who play the games of the franchise like so I know quite a few zelda fans that absolutely love it on wii u but refuse to buy a tablet for 1 game because we all agree the switch is pretty useless as is. Maybe the SXL but who knows.

If you want to know what the game is just think about how MGSV is a fantastic game to play but the actual content is boring and repeated.
These are the only 2 games in recent times where it felt like every problem was left to be solved by me in my own way.

No other modern game lets you figure it out the same way honestly.
>>
>>386121071
The 10/10 part is between when you put the game on for the first time and before leaving the Great Plateau.

After that, it drops to a blatant 7/10 and stays like that until credits roll. It's an average Zelda at best.
>>
>>386129738
>7/10
>average zelda
>when the rest are MAX 6/10
???
>>
Best parts of the game:
>Plateau
>Eventide
>Zora arc
>Finding Naydra
>First time reaching Death Mountain
>Going up the Akkala tower
>Discovering the maze off Akkala
>The whole Tarrey town quest
>First confrontation with a Lynel
>First time in Hyrule Castle
>First time entering a new town
>Discovering the Lord of the Mountain

Anything I missed?
>>
>>386129098
The ending was shit. Absolute shit.

>"Let's rebuild Hyrule and give it a future, Link. Forget about everything we saw, this game owe you zero fucks about explaining things and going beyond a shallow plot with a predictable reason on why you slept for 100 years. Now let's go, let's wait for the DLCs."
>>
>>386129841
Some of them are actually pretty damn good games if you don't have shit taste, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Here's a (You) for ya.
>>
Well anon, there's one thing I can say about that. The game isn't for you. And that's fine! Not every game will appeal to you. The game went for a specific feel, and it nailed that not unlike Jesus to a cross.
>>
>>386129930
Huh? Have you never watched a movie or something? That's a typical adventure ending. They ride off into the sunset to their next big adventure. Typical trope stuff

Seriously what are you talking about?
>>
>>386129994
>likes other zelda games
>call other people as having shit taste
haha anon you're a funny guy. Have a (You) as a nice reward
>>
>>386121071
>Just got done checking out some of this on Cemu
That's where you went wrong faggot.
>>
>>386129930
Name 1 (ONE) thing the game does not explain or cannot be derived by simple logic
>>
>>386130231
Let's talk about your favorite games then mr patrician
>>
>>386129930
>i cant into the most basic plot in a zelda story since 1
Even zelda 2 and 3 are more complex in plot than botw
>>
>>386130347
that's why it's bad

no twists, no clever writing or plot, not going deeper than "calamity ganon destroyed the kingdom because he wanted to and we gotta destroy him" anime plot

wasted voice acting if you ask me
>>
>>386130468
even A Link to the Past had.
>>
>>386122550
This image will never become irrelevant.

It's not BotW that triggers people.

It's the notion that - once again - Nintendo have produced a genre defining milestone which will always stand large in gamin history. THAT is what catches in their throats and makes them foam at the mouth. They cannot stomach the idea of Nintendo receiving praise.
>>
>>386130470
>it doesnt have muh big tweest so it must be bad

THe plot perfectly alines with the rest of hte franchises plot.
Maybe dont expect pants on head retarded plots like what we got in TP
>>
>>386130470
>>386130468
>implying a simple ass plot is bad
Go back to your visual novels
>>
>>386130351
Bloodborne
>>
>>386130470
>the *GAME* is bad because of the story!
I know exactly what you mean mate, the lack of exposition and narrative structure in Tertris put me right off it. And the acting was blocky as fuck!
>>
>>386130575
Or people are actually confused as to why a solid game is being praised as the second coming. They didn't really do anything revolutionary and if you can't admit that you're just lying to yourself.
>>
>>386122120
finding ruins that sometimes call back to the older games or tell a nice story. Finding wildlife you didn't expect and the ways you can interact with a few of them.

>>386122419
>>386122535
every game is designed but BotW developers have personally placed structures and models in the world and not had it like NMS to generate it automatically. Most areas sometime baffle me because it makes me think whether the devs even tried to prevent me from accessing a certain area in a certain way. Then I just realize the devs made the game to resemble the actual nature of the way the world works and hey. If you can pull it off IRL you can most likely pull it off in botw.
>>
>>386121250
Plays well on WiiU too
>>
>>386121071
Not sure anything can be weaker than Dragon's Dogma. Never understood /v/'s obsession with that game. It's just not good.
>>
>>386131142
people always compare new games to what has existed. Much like >>386130575 said, a lot of people have the biggest itch when nintendo succeeds. Much like how nintendo peeps get sad that P5 isn't coming to switch.

The point is that BotW is the most "complete" experience of an open world to this date. I can only think of Witcher 3 to be on par with BotW in terms of what experience it delivers. The tiny details such as fire propagation has been around since Far Cry 2, but BotW is praised for it in comparison to Horizon that really didn't deliver on the level of attention to detail. There's more interactivity in BotW with the world than there is in most open world games and even new games. Simple as that. It deserves to be praised because the devs really put effort into making this game much like the devs of skyrim back then were praised.
>>
>>386131476
>>386130575
>>386131142
not to mention that as game developers you are also trying to appease to your fans and make them happy and enjoy the game rather than shit out a game and EXPECT being praised. Nintendo does this right, they want to bring joy and they create what they believe will make their fans happy and excited. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. With the games coming to the switch, they seem to be having the formula for this generation of fun.
>>
>>386131257

It's great. Literally put over 500 hours in.
>>
>>386131142
which game lets paraglide onto a horse
>>
>>386131142
>They didn't really do anything revolutionary
There's that DENIAL.
>>
>>386131647
botw didn't do anything in particular that was revolutionary. However, they did a lot and it all together in one game for one experience was pretty revolutionary.
>>
>>386131772
Gaming history has now been split into BEFORE BotW and AFTER BotW.
>>
It's overrated.
>>
>>386129175
no need to project your autism bro, that wasn't sarcasm
>>
>>386122120
Dragons, Villages, Sets or Armor, Shrines, Fun Shrine puzzles (Eventide), Challenging places (Coliseum), Mazes (4), The master sword, guardian beasts, Armor, cool minibosses (Moldoga), Shooting Stars, Ancient Tech Labs, tons of side quests, Great fairy fountains

Really I could go on
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.