[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

game dev here, working on something and just want to tick some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1494644816056.jpg (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494644816056.jpg
6KB, 224x225px
game dev here, working on something and just want to tick some boxes. what boxes are most important to you?
example -
cross-play
easy control scheme
responsive controls
ect ect

what needs to be ticked in you're eyes /v/?
>>
Full frontal female nudity
>>
>>386112169
[ ] Check some boxes.

Tickfags get out.
>>
Full modeld pusy
>>
detailed female genitalia
>>
Violent gory player deaths.
>>
Female protagonist
Trans representation
Vore
>>
>>386112169
Cross play is cancer.

Easy control scheme? No, make it convoluted and resource demanding.

Responsive controls? No, I want to see my character jump about 1/25 of a second after I press the button.

What kind of questions are those? Do you work for Ubisoft? Bioware?

>tick boxes

Oh, you're a remnant from Lionhead.
>>
Biggest one that devs seem to have forgotten about these days is the ability to couch coop a game if you want. Fuck, even two tv's and two systems with an easy method of co-op'ing would make me happy.
>>
>>386112730
who /[x]fag/ here
>>
I like being able to customize my character. Not necessarily character creator but I like to play dress up sometimes. Especially if it's a girl.

Female protagonist is unironically a plus for me.
>>
>>386112169
cross play is gay
controls should be responsive
control scheme should be fairly simple, but also allow interesting options. There shouldn't just be light attack and heavy attack, there should be different modifiers for each. The best way to do this is to usually have most of the action buttons do something different depending on the directional input, or have a button that acts as a modifier for them. Ideally both.
>>
>>386112169
Is your game multiplayer or single-player
>>
story desu. Cute waifu childhood friend desu. Complicated main character who has a past we need to figure out desu demo not the main goal of the story desu.
>>
The most important thing about any game is for the controls to work. I can't enjoy a game is I can't fucking play it.
>>
File: 1488696032728.jpg (28KB, 329x374px) Image search: [Google]
1488696032728.jpg
28KB, 329x374px
>>386112169
>game dev here
>>
File: 145568898485896.jpg (77KB, 576x767px) Image search: [Google]
145568898485896.jpg
77KB, 576x767px
>>386112169
If your game isn't an early access open world survival crafting adventure with hacking elements I don't know what to tell you
I hope you like losing money
>>
>>386112169
Open world
Survival
Carfting
Early access

In all honesty, replay value, fluid combat and responsive controls
>>
>>386112169
Good OST
>>
File: 1497266417963.png (23KB, 577x559px) Image search: [Google]
1497266417963.png
23KB, 577x559px
>>386118564
>>386118394
looks like we both know what makes a game great! See you on a PUBG Twitch stream anon!
>>
>>386112169
-Definitely responsive controls
-Don't you fucking dare camera screw me. Leave the camera control to the player.
-minimalist UI
-character customization: I don't need fucking nose bridge sliders or anything autistic like that, but I should be able to choose my hair and equipment appearance at least.
>>
>>386118716
Quiet there
This might just be a meme here, but for some is a valid opinion
>>
>>386112169
Cute lolis
>>
File: IMG_5613.jpg (15KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5613.jpg
15KB, 184x184px
>>386112169
User interface and menu navigation, there is nothing more horrible to figure out than a menu that's more confusing to navigate than the game itself.

User interface and menu should be simple, and easy for a player to go through various options to find what they're looking for.

Also more recently, even in Triple A games, they make the text for subtitles and other various things easily like 6 point font. I have to actually get up and move so fucking close to the screen to actually see what something says.
>>
>60 fps minimum
>Dedicated servers if MP
>No pixel art shit, fucking hire an actual artist and graphical designer you lazy cunts
>No hidden SJW bullshit
>No pretentious 2deep4u shit
>No zombies
>Allow rebinding controls
>If character customization, don't over-do it
>>
>>386112169
>asking 4chan for opinions
It's like you want your game to fail or something
>>
Diversity and killing Nazis
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.