[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wow, what a cool looking city, I can't wait to explore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: trc.png (1MB, 1134x611px) Image search: [Google]
trc.png
1MB, 1134x611px
>wow, what a cool looking city, I can't wait to explore all the cool shit i see in the dista-
>another fucking swamp
Why is this allowed?
>>
Because From, Miyazaki especially, has his own idea of what fantasy settings ALWAYS need, and a swamp is one of them so he forces them into each game he directs.
>>
Wasn't the swamp just a small portion of the city?
What's wrong with having differing locations?
>>
>>386109864
There are 2 swamps. One for each area and they make up a significant amount of their respective areas.
>>
The funny part is that everyone bitched about Ashes being short but this one is just as short, if not actually shorter. The city is literally the first area with the arrow guys, the main elevator hub, and then a circular room. That's it. You don't get to explore an actual City at all. The rest is just the Dreg heap, which is a swamp. A dark swamp after the city, a cave, and then one more building before the final boss.

wowowowowowowowowowowow

At least Gael was good.

Not really sure why the DS3 dlc took so long to develop when the actual areas were so plain and short
>>
>>386109864
It was the meat of the whole damn area.

There was no 'city' exploration for the most part. Not compared to what the skybox showed.
>>
I saw Josephs Anderson's review too.
>>
File: 1501830524240.jpg (46KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1501830524240.jpg
46KB, 681x496px
>>386110709
Oh, yeah of course. Only Joseph Anderson could tell how much of an immediately obvious fucking blueballing Ringed City was.
>>
>>386109864
What city you fuck?
There's like 2 streets to explore
>>
>>386109706
That second swamp is a fucking PVP goldmine though. So many good options no matter what side you're on. I've spent countless hours just fucking around in that swamp.
>>
File: war_face1.jpg (12KB, 322x359px) Image search: [Google]
war_face1.jpg
12KB, 322x359px
>>386113313
It's just a constant stream of carnage and fun. I will say that.

>tfw a phantom with 2 other summons, host has been invaded twice before I showed up

>kill one invader
>two new ones turn up
>haven't made it to the middle of the swamp yet

>giant is still alive, acting as a wall between us
>>
>>386109706
What are you doing in my swamp!?
>>
>>386110523
>You don't get to explore an actual City at all
Just like many locations in all Souls games
>>
Except it didn't even look like a city. It looks like a tower.
>>
>>386109706
>dude look at all these swords of avowal everywhere
>proto-darkwaiths
>bet it's londor and that chick is Velka or some daughter of hers
NOPE
>>
It's actually not a swamp because it does nothing to impede your movement. I imagine Miyamoto was halfway through making and went "Oh shit, people hate this. Better allow them to sprint."
>>
>>386117473
Thats a pretty good way to sum up the whole DLC, fucking sprinting past everything.
>>
Why does Miyazaki INSIST on swamps? Going slow as balls isn't immersive, champ, it makes your game an absolute chore to play.

The only blemish from what I can tell on the otherwise best director working in gaming right now.
>>
File: 1319827006172.jpg (152KB, 375x502px) Image search: [Google]
1319827006172.jpg
152KB, 375x502px
>>386117802

Because he is a fucking overglorified hack, it's not just swamps either, just look at Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, and Dark Souls 3 and see how many settings are reused.

Medieval Castle Town with dragons.(Boletaria, Burg, Wall of Lothric)
Poison swamp(Valley of Defilement, Blight town, Farron, Earthen Peak ruins, Ringed City).
Undead graveyard level(Shrine of Storms, Catacombs, Carthus)
Underground Lava level with bugs(Stonefang, Izalith, Smouldering Lake).
Creepy Dungeon Tower(Latria, Duke's Archives, Irythil Dungeon)
Forest level(Darkroot garden, Oolacyle forest or whatever, road of sacrifices)
And maybe more that i can't think of right now.

Not only that, there are "set pieces"(i don't know what word to use to describe this) that are literally ripped off from previous games, an example that always comes to mind is the walk up to Prince Lothric in Dark Souls 3, it is pretty much the exact same as the walk to Penetrator in Demon's souls. Obviously there is also the dragons in the first level.

I haven't played Bloodborne, but i have seen a couple of videos if it here and there, and i must say that the Bloodborne city looks very similar to Irythil to me, and i think there is also a swamp are in Bloodborne? I don't know.

Now, i'm not saying he can't make original(or at least new) things, he has done them of course, but to me one of the biggest problems with Dark Souls 3 is that for most of the game i felt like i was just playing the same games i had already played before. Which is why i'm very very glad that Dark souls is over and done with, of course if he makes another medieval souls game and just makes the same fucking levels a 4th time i will have a stroke and die.

And why does he do it? Because he likes it, that's it. At least, in an interview he said he loved putting dragons in the first level, but i assume the same applies to doing the same levels over and over again.
>>
>>386119141
There was no swamp in Bloodborne unless you count snake fuck forest
>>
File: 88118085.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
88118085.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
>>386119293

Is this not a swamp?
>>
>>386119376
that part is over in like 30 seconds
>>
>>386119141
The dragons are there to reinforce to the player that a lot of scary shit is out in this world and we can't expect to beat it all.

That being said, doing it the same god damn way every time is creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>386109814
>miyazaki had significant creative impact on dark souls 3, a game released one year after bloodborne
>>
File: fuck_you_nietzsche.jpg (28KB, 301x470px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you_nietzsche.jpg
28KB, 301x470px
>he doesn't like THE BOG
>>
>>386109706

The swamp area was actually the windmill area from DaS2.
>>
SERIOUSLY FUCK POISON SWAMPS AT THIS POINT
I ENDURED BLIGHT TOWN ONCE
I DONT CARE FOR REPEATS
>>
>>386119423
It's still a swamp, and a poisonous one at that.
You've got the squidlies, the boulder chucking bastards, Patches and his little trap, all the extra paths, and I'm pretty sure there's a fucking Winter Lantern in there somewhere. That is a miserable goddamn area.
>>
>>386109706
From Software LOVE recurring themes, areas, items...etc. I mean, you might as well complain about the Moonlight Greatsword, Patches, and crows with funny names.
>>
>>386120010

Pump-a-rump, PUMP-A-RUMP!
>>
I mean, the dreg heap swamp is there to act as a movement barrier to make the angels harder.
>>
>>386119879
Blighttown wasn't bad because of the poison swamp. In fact, That was the LEAST annoying thing about Blighttown.
>>
>>386119423
maybe if you're a speedrunner
there are multiple caves to explore you fucking degenerate
>>
>>386120079

post them anon
>>
>>386120079
The old King of Dorchester,
He had a little orchestra,
And never did you hear such a ceremonial band.
‘Pah-pa-rah,’ said the trumpet,
‘Zoomba-zoom,’ said the bass,
‘Pickle-pee,’ said the fife,
‘Pump-a-rum,’ said the drum,
‘Tootle-too,’ said the flute,
‘Deed-a-reedle,’ said the fiddle,
For the fiddles and the flutes were the finest in the land,
Oh! the fiddles and the flutes were the finest in the land!

http://www.poetrybyheart.org.uk/poems/the-ceremonial-band/
>>
>>386120123
Whole Ringed City felt so miserable to go through. But i guess the bosses were decent.
>>
>>386109706
>swamp
>bullshit
>>
>>386120010

I don't disagree, but Miyazaki takes it too far. You'll probably say >Dark Souls 2, but, Dark Souls 2 had recurring themes, items and areas from their other titles, but for better or worse, it tried to be different.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.