[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the most interactive, mechanically deep and genuinely engrossing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Daily1.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Daily1.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>the most interactive, mechanically deep and genuinely engrossing open world is also the Zelda with the worst side content in the entire series
The sequel better have literally god-tier side content or i'm gonna be so pissed
>>
>>386109413
"side content" is what ruined Zelda

they need to drop everything other than the overworld and make the villages actually interesting (by getting rid of lame NPCs that act and look like anime faggotry)

the dungeons also need to become purely combat based and the entire game should have 0 puzzles
>>
>>386109413
>mechanically deep

Stopped reading there
>>
>>386110704
>literally that cliff blizenski interview from gameinformer 7 years ago
oh wow
>>
>>386110704
Non ironically this. Puzzles ruined Zelda because they were given the focus by a casual who didn't even know what video games was until he got his job at Nintendo and thinks Octoroks are unbeatable impossible enemies.
>>
File: 1494050880695.jpg (61KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1494050880695.jpg
61KB, 260x273px
>>386110736
>he doesn't climb up walls in order to get into flanking positions on enemies
>he doesn't use fire to herd enemies together
>he doesn't wait until nightfall to ambush enemies while they sleep
>he doesn't use stealth and physics objects to rek enemies
>he just hits them with his sword or shoots them with his arrows
how boring
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 455x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 455x1024px
>>386109413
im really glad botw exists. It shows the zelda series has a bright future ahead of it with how mechanically impressive it it and should inspire other devs to take from it and improve on their games with it. Already I saw AC:Origins let you light arrows on fire with a camp fire.
>>
>>386111614
>>386111614
>light arrows using my campfire
>see a camp of enemies
>explosive barrel
>light a normal arrow
>shoot it onto the barrel
>it explodes

>get lizalrang
>lightning storm
>charge it up with lightning
>toss into enemy camp
>they all die from lightning strike

>running up a hill with enemies chasing me
>use the bomb rune and drop a bomb behind me
>it rolls down next to them and they scatter to get away
>turn around and shoot them with arrows
>the enemies are smart enough to know the threat of the bomb and avoid them

You know gaming has regressed when i'm impressed over shit that was in Half Life 2 and other games.
>>
I like BotW as a base for a game and for all it's physics shennanigans, but god damn if it in't actually disappointing in a lot of ways. More things that are worth trying to find would be nice. It's cool seeing something like Eventide Island, trying to find a way to get to it and completing whatever challenge it has to offer. Hyrule Castle is also fun to explore; more built areas like that (as dungeons or even smaller scale like a mansion in the snow, cave systems) would be a joy.
>>
>>386111207
So you're impressed because you can... move around enemies, that enemies have routines, and that you can use stealth? This shit is like the modern video game starter kit. Hell, even unfinished games like MGSV do that shit. Meanwhile there are enemies in Zelda that are literally incapable of harming you unless you stand still and do nothing because they have a grand total of one fucking attack that is telegraphed like it's the year 1690 and literally flashes a bright coloured light on when you push button to deflect it.
>>
>>386112243
The game pretty much feels like a proof of concept. Like, great, there are these mechanics, and they kind of work. It's at that point you flesh them out and balance them so they all work well together and have a purpose, and then you move on to develop meaningful things to use them for... but, nope. They just plopped it into an empty world and scattered around a hundred something balls and a thousand gold pieces of shit.
>>
>>386112431
>they have a grand total of one fucking attack that is telegraphed like it's the year 1690 and literally flashes a bright coloured light on when you push button to deflect it.
Good point. What we need now is for enemies to use the physics system in the same way the player can.
>Guardian starts preparing a shot
>stops aiming at you, aims away from you
>shoots a tree that flies from the explosion and hits you
>shoots to the side of you to psyche out your parry
>shoots above you so it hits the skeleton moblin chasing you ass, causing the explosion to hit you while also making it impossible to parry the shot
etc
>>
>>386112431
I am impressed because a lot of open world games don't have this basic shit down despite the groundwork being laid years ago,
Even games like Far Cry have enemies that just have "take cover" and "push up" routines that do nothing and make the gameplay boring. Even the special types don't do anything interesting.
Enemies in BOTW can actually be really smart little fuckers and the fact is that despite them being really boring individually like you said, group fights and in the moment combat can be very engaging, especially when dealing with crowd control. Plus the game is so open that there are multiple ways to deal with every single encampment and the mechanics facilitate the player to fight in unconventional and unfair ways since everything hits pretty hard.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.