[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did an average day to day scientist take on an army of professionally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: half-life-2-windows-front-cover.jpg (131KB, 800x1144px) Image search: [Google]
half-life-2-windows-front-cover.jpg
131KB, 800x1144px
how did an average day to day scientist take on an army of professionally trained killers and not only survive but actually beat them?
>>
>>386090358
Nanomachines son
>>
>>386090358
Because Gordon is special, and he is special because he is the player.
>>
>>386090358
Luck and a super suit
In real life the only way these events could have gone down and ended up the way they did os if it went down like Freeman's Mind
>>
>>386090358
He rose to the occasion. Plus in both games shit gradually gets heavier, in HL1 he gets the super suit, then just has to dodge aliens and laser beams for a little while, then he gets a crowbar, smashes some head crabs, then a gun and he moves on to the slow zombies and so and so on, same thing in HL2, dodging, suit, crowbar, cops, guns. It gradually escalates every time and by the end he's a killing machine with a million different guns.
>>
something something right man something something wrong place
it's been speculated that as soon as the player takes control of gordon, he is no longer gordon, he is the player
>>
>>386092360
Retard fucking theories generated by the simple fact that the developer didn't want to waste money creating dialog and voicing the main character are the worst theories. Gordon wasn't on the G-Man's eye from the get-go, he proved himself by making it through Black Mesa, Xen and killing Nihilant and everything else he killed in HL1, him being the one who had a hand in the resonance cascade was probably just some coincidence that makes the G-Man chuckle every now and then.
>>
>>386092670
whatever man, but the best game stories are the ones that require you to fill in the gaps with whatever you think is true
>>
>>386093259
No, the best game stories are the well written ones.
>>
>>386093491
half the shit you said in >>386092670 was you making stuff up that's never been confirmed or denied
you just did it
>>
>>386093491
>>386093259
According to sales, the best games are ones that require you to fill in the gaps, and create your own character.
See: most bethesda games, half of valves games, vampire the masquerade games, etc.
But I do prefer a good well written story myself.
>>
File: 1501698983400.jpg (27KB, 393x395px)
1501698983400.jpg
27KB, 393x395px
>>386093491
>>
>>386094097
His retarded fan fiction is more grounded in the games than yours. G-Man directly references what a good job Gordon did killing everything in the first game. HL2 is nothing like a "fill in the gaps yourself" story like meme souls, they lock you in a room with NPCs spewing dialogue at you to hammer the story in as hard as possible.
>>
>>386090358
combat suit + intelligence
>>
He wasn't a "day to day scientist". He had received training in handling hazerdous environments such as Xen, which means maneuvering tough situations as well as handling wildlife. This is evidenced by the fact that he wears an HEV suit, which is also worn by previous members of Xen expeditions.

The HEV suit itself really helps. It's really powerful when it comes to improving the body.
>>
>>386090358
through the power of love
>>
>>386090358
The G Man secretly gave freeman some strength through some kind of telekinetic powers during the initial tram ride in hl1
>>
>>386095041
colette and gina had hev suits and their only job was pushing buttons.
>>
>>386090358
He is possessed by a legion of psychopathic time-traveling space-ghosts. Possibly exploiting Quantum Immortality.
>>
>>386090358
Literally the HEV suit and the ability to carry a shitload of munitions, and the aid of your allies (Ant Lions, Resistance, turrets, etc) and environments often having convenient explosive barrels and traps lying around for you to use to your advantage.

I can believe it.
>>
>>386094438
i love sweetie posting
>>
He scienced (shot) his way with physics (bullets)

Durr
>>
>>386090358
Because he's the protagonist, the protagonist takes on the antagonist forces until he encounters the antagonist, and defeats them.

Such is life in narrative world.
>>
If Gordon wasn't meant to win, we wouldn't be playing as him. We'd be playing as someone else.

At the end of the day all story-telling is pre-determined and thus the actual skills of said character are irrelevant--if they are not good enough to succeed, we wouldn't be following them, and if we are following them, it is to see how they fail.
>>
>>386090358

Quicksave
>>
>>386097929
wtf I hate stories now
>>
>>386098084
You already did anon.
You just needed to wake up.
>>
Most of the stuff Gordon fights can be beaten with smarts rather than brute force if you notice.
Like yes, he shoots everything but you can use superior tactics to most stuff that you encounter and defeat them.
So my theory is that he is the anti thesis of what the heavy says
He outsmarted bullets
>>
>>386091836
yep. this.
>>
>>386097929
>protagonist defeats the antagonist
Name 1 story that does this
>>
>>386098291
Mass Effect.
>>
>>386098291
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.