[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlg smZHVXt4 >2005 fear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlgsmZHVXt4

>2005 fear
>2007 crysis
> after garbage
what went so wrong.
>>
god I love this guys videos
>>
Crysis was terrible though, a literal tech demo with braindead AI
>>
File: 21.jpg (83KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
83KB, 1024x768px
>2016
>DOOM
>>
File: pc games best brief history.jpg (4MB, 4153x2922px) Image search: [Google]
pc games best brief history.jpg
4MB, 4153x2922px
The golden age of gaming ended. The wii, ps3, and 360 ruined it.
>>
>>386086684
both bad games

wannabe fps babies uphold fear as a good game. it wasn't one. it was actually a large part of the beginning of the end

>can't have a shooting game without babymode time slowing mechanic!
>>
>>386086848
doom is ok but it's not good as those game
>>
>>386086949
>clive barkers undying and crysis randomly large sized
>relative to those other large sized games

hahaha, No.
>>
>>386086848
>uneducated redditors will say D44M looks bad
>not understanding how fucking mindblowing it is that level geometry is streamed in and converted to voxels in realtime
>not understanding how completely well-optimized and groundbreaking the Vulkan utilization is
>only valid complaint is MUH ARTSTYLE
>>
>>386086848
>Qte the game
>brain dead ai
>unsatisfying weapon damage due horrible glory kill qte's HP increase so even imps won't often die in single shotgun blast
>cliffhanger
>shitty mp dlcs and no sp dlcs
>pointless challenges
>not enough boss battles
>lazy level design, if u enter new map u will notice its another meme arena where mobs will ambush your dumb ass protagonist
>>
>>386087271
doom doesn't look bad but it's engine is not good as those game.
just admit it.
>>
>>386087271
>>not understanding how fucking mindblowing it is that level geometry is streamed in and converted to voxels in realtime

what in the actual fuck are you talking about kid, what you just said makes no sense and is not how the engine works

on top of that NOBODY ever says the new doom looks bad its 99% people complimenting how well it runs for looking so good
>>
>>386087370
>what in the actual fuck are you talking about kid, what you just said makes no sense and is not how the engine works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPWysKFHq9c

Retard.
>>
>>386087524
I understand graphics programming, you do not

You misinterpreted what's being said in this video

>hurr retard
every single person who uses this site here is so insufferable now...You literally have 0 idea about how graphics programming works and what you said is garbled meaningless nonsense
>>
>>386087047
Thing is though, playing Fear really made you feel as awesome as the video in >>386086684 makes it look.
It really didn't add anything new, it wasn't particularly impressive from a technical point of view, but goddamn did it FEEL good.

That's not for everyone. Some people like pure challenge, some people like shiniy graphics, but when Fear first came out I felt like I was in a John Woo movie, and nothing will take that away.
>>
>>386087786
uhh playing fear to me made me feel not awesome becaus eI was actually good at fps and played online

"oh its a game where the ai pretends to be good and cheats, and you have to rely on slowmo"
>>
>>386086684
This guy's videos aren't even impressive, why does anyone pay attention to them?
>>
>>386086949
I'm not sure if I should be pleased with having so many good games to play, nostalgic to have played many of them or sad that the industry is turning to shit again and we'll never experience something like this again.
It's too many feels at once.
>>
>>386087868
I dunno man, I like a tough game as much as the next guy, but if vaulting a table in slo-mo while blowing a guy's head off with a shotgun mid-air isn't even a little bit cool to you the first time you do it, I can't help you.
>>
File: 1459954088536.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1459954088536.gif
2MB, 245x245px
I enjoy this channel.

https://youtu.be/p7T9tJiw6AU
>>
>>386088502
>if slowing down the game isn't cool to you
it isn't about challenge anon it's about the fact that it's fucking babymode shit and SLOWS DOWN what is supposed to feel FAST

Play Soldier of Fortune (1)
>>
>>386088632
Just had a look at some gameplay.

Yeah, that's the feeling I'm talking about when I mention FPS games making you feel badass. I'll see if I can my hands on it somehow. Thanks anon.
>>
>>386087868
>quakefag autist has to ruin another FPS' thread for the 10,000th time.
Yes yes, we're all very impressed with your kills at a dead shooter. I'm sure you're drowning in pussy
>>
>>386087868
>oh its a game where the ai pretends to be good and cheats
lol, this meme

>you have to rely on slowmo
Wait, so first the game is baby mode because it has bullet time, but then apparently it's so hard you need to rely on it? Which is it?
>>
>>386088810
I'm sorry I don't mean to be so angry I just hate everything, I hope you like it
>>386088962
I haven't really played a quake game in 10 years. I loaded up quake champions, saw 3 or 4 currencies and lmaocuhrazy characters, played one game, and I didn't stop strafe jumping when I hit a ledge .I just continued like the ledge wasn't there.

uninstalled. not quake.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.