[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really can't believe how much worse Splatoon 2 has turned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: c27.png (148KB, 457x510px) Image search: [Google]
c27.png
148KB, 457x510px
I really can't believe how much worse Splatoon 2 has turned out in comparison to Splatoon 1.

>Worse single player mode
>Worse weapon balance
>Worse map selection
>Shitty replacements for the Squid Sisters
>Shitty replacements for the shop owners
>Worse music
>Actual factually worse netcode (16hz tick rate for Splat 2 vs. 25hz tick rate for Splat 1)

The only thing it has over the first game is Salmon Run, which would be fine if it wasn't locked off behind shitty time periods.

And I haven't even mentioned just how much worse the not-miiverse replacement is, and that's not just down to it being overrun by furries currently.

Maybe Nintendo really should've just done a straight up port of Splatoon 1, but just with new features like more weapons and Salmon Run. It would've been a lot better than the trash we have now, and nobody would be complaining. Instead, we got Nintendo trying to strike gold again but failing horribly.

RIP Wii U. You gave us one of the best gaming experiences in recent years, and now it has to be tainted by Splatoon 2 simply existing.
>>
Isn't Splatoon 2 also going to have constant free updates just like the first Splatoon did though? Aside from the NPC designs and the single player mode the weapon balance, map selection and music can all be improved over time. Unless they specifically stated they weren't doing that and this was it?
>>
>>386085874

Yeah, a Splatoob Deluxe would of been great.
>>
File: 1327911828747.jpg (22KB, 237x229px) Image search: [Google]
1327911828747.jpg
22KB, 237x229px
>>386085874
>Those tick rates for both games

Shitty tick rates and P2P? The fuck is Nintendo thinking?

AND THEY WANT TO PUSH SPLAT 2 AS AN ESPORT!?
AND THEY WANT TO CHARGE PEOPLE MONEY FOR THIS!?

I love you Nintendo, but please. Fucking please change your ways.
>>
>>386085874
don't forget to mention constant disconnects under worse netcode. i can't count how many times i've been missing a teammate or the other team is missing a guy. it's gotten to where having a full game is a grace rather than an expectation for me
>>
>>386086113
No, they said that constant weapon/map updates are coming for at least a year, along with 2 years of splatfests.
>>
>>386086262
I'm going to give it some time then. It wasn't like Splatoon was hot shit right out of the gate with only 5 fucking maps.

Shame about the single player and the netcode though.
>>
>>386085874

Agreed if you're talking about the ending, but heavily disagree if you're talking about the actual level design.

At the same time though, nobody plays Splatoon for the single player. It's all about the online multiplayer, which the game having such a low tick rate does not help in any way.

As for weapon balance, the only weapon that has shitty balance right now is the Tri-Slosher. Things like the Aerospray and Octobrush get a lot of hate, but they don't do 62 damage per hit no matter where the hit lands while also out ranging most shooter weapons and having practically no shot deviation due to the wide spread.

Outside of that, I'd argue that the weapon balance is much better in Splatoon 2.
>>
I agree, what the fuck is this?

Switch was a mistake.
>>
>>386086113
Map selection and weapon balance are the only things that can be improved really.

Nintendo won't do shit about the shitty tick rate though. They'll just pull an Overwatch and throw out the excuse of "if we raise the tick rate, then that means people with subpar internet would be able to play the game." Only difference is, Nintendo won't cave to the cries of frustration like Blizzard did.
>>
>>386087424
>would
*wouldn't

I love typos.
>>
>>386087070
switch has been fantastic desu.
nintendo just can't put its hands on something without at least attempting to drive it into the ground
>>
At this rate I can't see myself ever paying for Switch online. Splatoon 2 is just garbage compared to the original.
>>
>>386085874
>>386086209
They tried to give the gamers everything we wanted with the WiiU. Look where that got them...
>>
File: 2spooky.png (512KB, 854x468px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.png
512KB, 854x468px
>>386085874
>People complaining about how Splatoon 2 was basically Splatoon 1.5
>Now people are begging that it should've been Splatoon 1.5 instead of Splatoon 2
>>
File: 1501687348961.gif (631KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
1501687348961.gif
631KB, 300x224px
>>386087983
>people don't know what they want
shocking
>>
>>386085874
>Game comes out with an interesting concept
>Is new and exciting
>People tend to overlook the negatives because it's new and exciting

>Sequel to game is made
>Is no longer new and exciting
>People focus on the negatives in comparison to the first game because the sequel is no longer as new or as exciting

I'm in the middle really. There are some things Splatoon 2 did right, and there are some things it did wrong.

Hopefully Nintendo will fix a bunch of shit up, but at the same time, this is Nintendo we're talking about. They never listen.
>>
>>386087424
>are the only things
Splatoon 1 received new music halfway through
>>
>its ANOTHER nintendo shitpost thread
>>
>>386088696
You're not honestly pretending that we should never complain if a nintendo game is dissapointing right?
>>
File: 1498231623698m.jpg (87KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498231623698m.jpg
87KB, 768x1024px
>>386085874
I respectfully disagree. The Story mode has better level design the weapon, balance is fine since its literally only week 2 and you think you know everything and the maps have nice gimmicks and allow for dynamic play.
>>
File: mfw.png (77KB, 497x455px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
77KB, 497x455px
Was just wasted potential, really

>Worse weapon balance
The 1st game's balance on launch was absolutely pathetic too

>Worse map selection
More maps are gonna be coming to the game, hopefully they mix it up so every map isn't just bucket heaven

>Shitty replacements for the Squid Sisters
Purely opinion-based

>Shitty replacements for shop owners
Purely opinion-based

>Worse music
Purely opinion-based

>Factually worse netcode
Agree with this

Remember, the 1st game was pretty damn weak on launch too

The only actual negatives Splatoon 2 has to Splatoon 1 are:

>Input lag (roughly 3-4 frames)
>Regional Matchmaking

Splatoon 1 in it's current state (with all of the updates already in it) is better than Splatoon 2, but I believe Splatoon 2 has potential to be better than the 1st game, but it all depends on how the updates turn out
>>
>>386085874
>worse weapon balance
Because damage up e-litres and dynamo rollers everywhere was a real good time right
>>
File: 1432010122735.jpg (140KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432010122735.jpg
140KB, 800x600px
>30+ hours in.
>No disconnects for me personally.
>A handful of players leaving which could have been shitty internet or quitters.
>No cheap deaths from the low tickrate meme.
>No bullshit panic button specials.

The only negatives I have are the meh single-player, seemingly slower drip-feed of updates so far and some minor issues with salmon run, like being docked for working alongside shitters but not getting rewarded for success.
>>
>>386085874
At least my 2 year old is having fun with the new Amiibos. He's got the old one and a new one on one of his toy trains
>>
16Hz tick rate? lul

How is that even playable?
>>
>>386089650
Honestly, a game like Splatoon doesn't really need that high of a tick rate. None of the weapons are hitscan, and most of the projectiles are slow and predictable.

However, 16hz is unacceptable. Especially with the first game having a higher tick rate. I'd say 30hz should be the absolute minimum for a game like Splatoon.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.