[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>join mage guild >expect epic mage stuff >"collect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1409491899528.jpg (69KB, 960x642px) Image search: [Google]
1409491899528.jpg
69KB, 960x642px
>join mage guild
>expect epic mage stuff
>"collect these 4 types of flowers"
>it takes me 2 hours of random travelling to find thse
>next quest is bound to be cool shit
>"collect these 7 types of mushroom"
NOPE
>>
>>386068239
Tanks for reminding me to reinstall, OP.

DESU the fun of morrowind is just making yourself OP as fuck.
>>
How did oblivion have such good guild quests? Like that mansion quest in the dark brotherhood, even that quest to go pick up a ring of burden that was on somebody who fell down a well was pretty unique
>>
>>386068239
>it takes me 2 hours of random traveling to find these
Or 5 minutes of walking at the most if you followed the instructions they gave you. This is why every quest in Skyrim is GO TO MAP MARKER, KILL THING, BRING ME BACK THING FROM THING CORPSE
>>
>>386068648
They were pretty good, unlike the main quest
>>
>>386068239
>dick puts the disk in the console
what
>>
>>386068239
>Expecting to be trusted with important magical tasks with 0 credentials
Wow, you're no apprentice of mine.
>>
>>386068239
What an unsufferable casual faggot
>>
>>386068648
In Morrowind the quests for the factions were all political maneuvering and ingratiating yourself to the higher ups. This is because after the first few quests there wasn't really a linear structure, you could go to most guild halls and just catch a quest until you qualified for a promotion based on your stats and reputation.

In Oblivion there was a linear path to all faction quests, after one quest block is done the next opens up, this is because the Oblivion factions all had plots.

Both types of approach are mutually beneficiary and disadvantageous Thankfully, Skyrim had a mix of these approaches, every faction had one set plot and they also had repeatable busywork missions that felt like Morrowind's faction quests, like you were actually doing the shit a Thief or a Mercenary or a Vampire Hunter should do.
>>
>>386068239
>run oblivion on toaster
>works well so far
>rains
>slowmo everything

Sucks to be part of the toasterace
>>
>>386069103
desu I thought that the quest structure of Morrowind was much better and much more comfy
Oblivion / Skyrim always follow the same structure that is shit writing:
>do a 1st quest
>something goes wrong
>investigate
>uncover a plot by someone to overthrow the whole faction
>kill these dudes
>become faction leader

it's just dumb
Morrowind had a better system where you were locked out of promotions if you didn't have hugh enough skills
>>
>>386069215
>toaster
>cant run oblivion
Bitch, what the fuck are you using as a toaster? Are you just rubbing the bread real hard until friction starts heating it?

A toaster should be able to run Oblivion no problem.
>>
>>386068239
this meme always bothered me, he should say what's THIS? as he is holding it

but then again i'm autistic
>>
>>386070174
2011 laptop

Quiet old. But I love her too much to get something new.
>>
>>386069619
but you should have been able to skip the boring crap if you had higher skills
>>
File: 1494436080407.png (9KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1494436080407.png
9KB, 223x226px
>>386069215
>tfw I run the game on lowest settings lowest resolution and it averages 20 fps in interiors
>>
File: a05bzAZ_700b.jpg (59KB, 458x728px) Image search: [Google]
a05bzAZ_700b.jpg
59KB, 458x728px
>>386071390
LIFE IS PAIN ANON
>>
>>386069103
>Thankfully, Skyrim had a mix of these approaches
And yet Skyrim's faction quests were absolute fucking trash.
>>
>>386069006
this

shit is obvious

why would the mage's guild trust u with doing "epic mage stuff" on your first day there, of course they have to send you to pick some flowers and mushrooms first

maybe skyrim is more your speed, OP
>>
>>386071516
>Find flowers in an underground dungeon as giant as my ex's vaginal hole

Annoying as shit.
>>
>>386068239
>do alchemist guild quests
>confused as to why it's boring as fuck
>>
>>386068239
the point of those quests is to get you out in the world and introduce the game to you. There was a secret dungeon hidden away with loot worth 50k+ gold but you missed it. way to go op.

Also fuck you i liked those quests. afterwards her rival in the mages guild steals her notes and you have to go looking for them and if you read them they actually tell you some alchemical tips all written in funny khajite psuedo english
>>
>>386068239
>Morrowind
>start off as a grunt doing normal mage stuff
>have to actually increase your magical skills to advance
>leader refuses to step down and you have to duel him to the death to become the top dog

>Skyrim
>no magic skill necessary at all
>no mage flavor quests, start dungeon crawls like every other quest line immediately
>leader conveniently dies (like in every fucking faction) and you get chosen to replace him despite more senior members having far better credentials because you're the chosen one
Fuck that
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.