[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the latest release of OpenMW (0.42) supports distant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: PDyTjBi.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PDyTjBi.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
So now that the latest release of OpenMW (0.42) supports distant land (again) is there any reason to not use it? The whole game is completely and fully playable in it.
>>
What are the frame rates like?
>>
>>386060184
is this a mod or the full game for free?

i have MW on steam and remember trying to up the render distance and actually stopped playing due to the excessive fog
>>
Is it compatible with mods?
I wanted to play morrowind with the overhaul mod but it runs like shit.
>>
>>386060632
They have written a new modern engine that replaces the old exe. You need the full game first.
>>
>>386060632
>is this a mod or the full game for free?
it's an open source engine for Morrowind, so you still need the game for it's assets
>>
>>386060819
>>386060846
really interesting, might try it out!

would like to know this though
>>386060315
>>
>>386060763
I thought I was the only one, christ man it runs so fucking bad out in the open, but interiors are fine. Can't really experience how nice the revamped cities are with the low fps
>>
Does it still run like fucking garbage?
>>
>>386060315
>>386060984
the frame rates for stock are great, I haven't tried out Distant land yet, but they claim it has no significant impact

also release video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKhfdOxkafo
distant land at 12:00
>>
>>386061430
IIRC you can change how cities and trees look to have more FPS.
Still, it's unstable as fuck.
>>
>>386060763
>Is it compatible with mods?
it really depends on the mods
obviously overhauls don't work yet
>>
>>386062264
Why wouldn't the overhaul work? Aint it just a collection of regular mods, except for the now useless code patches and MGE?
>>
>>386062468
I don't know, I think it fucks with the game too much. I know that Tamriel Rebuilt supposedly works perfectly fine, and that's what a lot of people play nowadays
here's a vague list of mods and their support status https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Mod_status
>>
OpenMW performs vastly better than stock Morrowind, and distant lands+OpenMW performs well too.
>>
>>386060184
>no shadows
>no MWSE
>no MGE shaders

>>386060315
still abominable
.41 runs at like 15 FPS on maxed settings on my i5 2500k and GTX 970 and doesn't look much different than vanilla Morrowind
>>
>>386063842
>.41 runs at like 15 FPS
literally how, I get like 200 fps with 2500k
>>
>>386063842
>op's pic doesn't look better than vanilla
>>
>>386065919
yes it looks better than vanilla but the guy who took the pic has a shitload of cells loaded to get that view distance because OpenMW has no distant statics, he is getting maybe 5 fps if he's lucky
>>
>>386066089
But look at the video from the update, it runs nicely.
Must've configured it badly.
>>
>>386066185
in that video he says only distant land is implemented, not distant statics. The way it should work is you load the cell you're in, then load shitty looking versions of the cells around you. OpenMW is halfway there by loading shitty versions of the terrain but it can't load any distant buildings or trees yet. He actually did in the video what the guy in the OP image did by loading 15 cells around him in full detail and was getting 8 FPS.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.