[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GBC backlit mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ka oP9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (77KB, 838x629px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
77KB, 838x629px
>GBC backlit mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kaoP9ArShE

MUH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
Too bad you have to permanently mutilate the handheld to fit in the screen.
>>
Seems a bit excessive considering emulation alternatives are probably only slightly more expensive but have quite a bit more functionality and portability.
>>
>>386055683
>removing the original screen completely
no thanks
>>
File: Game-boy-colour-Screen-an-light.png (532KB, 579x525px) Image search: [Google]
Game-boy-colour-Screen-an-light.png
532KB, 579x525px
>>386055683
No thanks, I already have this.
>>
>>386055683
>do all this shit
>still use Duracell disposable batteries
kek
>>
This just seems like a dumb fucking idea.

You're not preserving anything aside from a shitty form factor that's both inferior to the GBA and SP, AND you're losing the ability to play GBA games.

It's a cute idea, but ultimately worthless.
>>
>>386055683
Just as bad as the people who have to do shit like Framemeisters and stuff. Honestly just get a cheap psp and mod it.
>>
>AGS-101 screen
fuck right off
>>
>>386055683
Did you just fucking watch the whole video? You can't even close the case after all is done. Literally the worst mod ever
>>
Or you could play your stupid GB game on any other handheld.
>>
>take a perfectly good, backlit GBA screen
>put it inside a case it can't properly fit inside
>mask off most of the screen
>the pixel size is STILL completely off
>color accuracy is wrong too
>AND the 2 dollar ribbon cable required to make this whole thing work is priced at 50 bucks
It's a neat proof of concept, but who the fuck would be dumb enough to produce this? Or even worse, buy it?

Probably the same retards who paint their cheap Chinese GB cases and put Raspberry Pis in them.
>>
>>386058132
>a shitty form factor that's both inferior to the GBA and SP
That's where you're wrong, faggot child.
>>
>>386055683
haha us gamers right?
>>
>>386059156
>>That's where you're wrong, faggot child.
If I was going to make some shitty frankenstein console, I'd at least use a GB shell for a bit of grip. The color is cancer, at least the SP was small.
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-03+at+04.59.46).jpg (92KB, 1270x674px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-03+at+04.59.46).jpg
92KB, 1270x674px
Is this a joke? The thing lost the fucking power switch.
>>
Where can I get a replacement screen/casing and speaker for my gameboy color? I'm sceptical towards using ebay because of all the scams there.
>>
>/vr/
>>
Thanks for my dose of retarded shit from the internet. I'd like a hit of whatever that guy was smoking when he decided that a good idea, before I go play Morrowind
>>
File: its like dendy but good.jpg (63KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
its like dendy but good.jpg
63KB, 1000x1000px
>>386055683
no thanks, I'm gonna stick with my Kongfeng GB Boy Colour
>>
nuh uh.
>>
>remove power switch
>remove screws so the gameboy doesn't close entirely
>remove battery indicator
>different aspect ratio
>$140+

no thanks
>>
>>386055683
Gay. The gba sp already does this.
>>
I can emulate that shit on my phone
>>
>This is what the AGS-101s are going to
It's not fair. They're already a nightmare to get for under $200.
>>
>>386056335
lolll who care's its gay shittey old hardware thats only valuble when greatley modafied like this
>>
File: george lucas.gif (1MB, 276x232px) Image search: [Google]
george lucas.gif
1MB, 276x232px
>>386055683
>When you want this even though it's unnecessary because you like the aesthetic.

I still play my GB games in my GBC instead of my GBA SP because it just feels better to play.
>>
Just use a fucking frontlight.
>>
>>386064074
Frontlights are shit due to the glare and how you can see the sections where the LEDs light it.
>>
>>386064154
Yeah, but they also don't involve both cannibalizing an SP and completely mutilating a GBC. They also work in the sunlight.
>>
>>386055683
The entire process is the most roundabout way to achieve this, and the end result is very lacking.

For $35 one can get >>386061889 and essentially have the same thing, but with installed roms as a bonus, as well as not having to mutilate both a Gameboy Color and an Advance SP just to claim one has a GBC with backlit in it.

Best scenario is that they find an alternative screen like GB Boy Colour and the converter can work off that. Relying on an ever limited number of screens that don't even fit the product properly is going to be the biggest downfall of this
>>
File: wormlight2.jpg (10KB, 326x273px) Image search: [Google]
wormlight2.jpg
10KB, 326x273px
>mfw as a dumb kid thought that because it was color it would have a backlit screen
>>
>>386055683
I'd rather just use my modded GBA. Much easier and more comfortable.
>>
>>386064336
Only problem with the GB Boy Colour is the aspect ratio.
>>
>>386063685
I'm calling an ambulance for you.
>>
Why not just play on the SP you're canibalizing to make this?
>>
>>386064731
you don't have to sacrifice an SP anymore since the chinks started making clone screens.
>>
>>386064424
Yeah, but that may actually make them better donor systems if they can find a more accurate screen and create custom hardware like this new ribbon converter

>>386064731
Nintendo knew what they were doing when they made that system, since GB games stick out so far and make it uncomfortable to play, and it isn't too hard to bump into the cart and mess the game up, compared to having a GBC, which has the games leveled with the point of insertion.

I had a similar deal happen with a DS and Battle Network 2, where I moved and bumped the GBA cart on accident, and it erased all my progress after I had to restart the game from a freeze.
>>
>>386064407
GBA was god tier
>>
File: Nice.jpg (21KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.jpg
21KB, 400x330px
>>386055683
>someone embedded a TDNC video on /v/
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.