[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /V/ think about this game and it's series? Also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: Shadowrun-Returns-logo.jpg (138KB, 1270x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun-Returns-logo.jpg
138KB, 1270x1080px
What does /V/ think about this game and it's series?

Also any recommendation on custom campaigns?
>>
Excellent indie game in an interesting universe. Best thing is that it's not overpriced like most mainstream shit.
>>
I've always liked it. Shadowrun on the SNES was one of the first RPGs I played as a kid. I only recently played the Genesis version, and while its really good, its just too short. Still waiting for the Mega CD Shadowrun to be translated though.
>>
Dragonfall > Hong Kong > Returns
>>
>>386033721
Shame the devs are getting fucked over by patent-trolling real estate fuckers.
>>
I've played only Returns and didn't like it at all.
Handholding the game.
>>
Hong Kong had too much dialogue and felt really short?

I think there something like 3-4 main missions. I feel like i missed something huge because i did all main + side missions in 14 hours while howlongtobeat gives an average of 30.
The missions that it did have were pretty good though, and it was nice having a little talent tree for your side characters.
It just needed a bit more quantity. Maybe 2 more main missions focussing on Tsang and 2-3 more side missions.
>>
Dragonfall >>>> the other campaigns

Strong points were the characters and writing. Gameplay felt kind of barebones even for a CRPG and the classes were poorly balanced. Melee was worthless on everything except Glory. Guns were OP on everyone else.
>>
>>386034127
Are you talking about the Harmory Gold BattleTech lawsuit?
>>
>>386034287
I cleared it in 16 hours anon, most howlongtobeat times are really long because any game with a lot of times recorded will be mostly normies that suck at RPGs. Hong Kong's alright but dragonfall is much better
>>
>>386034408
Yes.
>>
>>386033721
Returns: 6.5/10
Dragonfall: 10/10
Hong Kong: 9/10
>>
What's your favorite crowd funded CRPG /v/?

I love Shadowrun Returns, Divinity: OS 1 & 2, and PoE for different reasons. I think they're all great games. Not a huge fan of the Torment sequel or Wasteland 2 though.
>>
>>386034962
I backed both Shadowrun and Wasteland 2. I've had the most fun with the Shadowrun games, Wasteland 2's arcane chargen with its stat traps confused me enough to put me off playing it.
>>
There is a fan made campaign for Dragonfall, whoever did it made a story way more compelling that the official campaigns, I think it's called the Atumbra saga.
>>
How close to the pnp game are the rules of the video games?
>>
>>386035841
The Genesis game is as close as you could get within the limitations it had(real time, on a 16 bit console). The Sega CD game is somewhat closer but it's also untranslated and the newer games use a version of the system that's extremely stripped down.
>>
who rigger here
>>
Dragonfall was great, but I didn't care much for Hong Kong.

Never played Returns.
>>
>>386037243
Riggers are the superior version of the Shaman Summoner.
>>
>>386033721
There's still been no Shadowrun game that has managed to do Riggers and Deckers correctly. So, on that basis alone, its shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
Is it true that there are anons who think that this clunky grindfest is better than the SNES masterpiece?
>>
>>386037448
how should they have done it?
i have no familiarity with the p&p btw
>>
File: shadowrun-mcd[1].jpg (118KB, 640x545px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun-mcd[1].jpg
118KB, 640x545px
Reminder that this exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzt8YU24OU
>>
File: vauclair did everything wrong.png (202KB, 735x343px) Image search: [Google]
vauclair did everything wrong.png
202KB, 735x343px
>>
File: d20.jpg (20KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
d20.jpg
20KB, 420x420px
>>386037872
> Anime characters in my Shadowrun

I'm glad it was never released outside Japan.
>>
>>386037805
Using RAW, the second a Decker gets into a computer the entire game has to stop and the Decker does his thing. No "3 turns in computer = 1 turn in real world." It's "infinite turns in computer = 1 turn in real world." I'm not even counting shit like marking targets helping someone without a linked weapons or, hell, even someone who isn't augmented at all.
Its also very limited as to what Deckers can actually do, but that's just a limitation of video games as a whole.

Riggers just stay in the car the entire time. No need for them to ever leave. There's a reason they have a comparatively low death rate.
>>
File: The spoiler is Neptune.jpg (136KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
The spoiler is Neptune.jpg
136KB, 960x544px
>>386038165
Worse than that, look at who made it and look what they would later make.
>>
>>386033721
tablet garbage

people will lie and say the sequels are better but theyre the same overly simplistic shit but with troll waifu that talks about getting fucked
>>
Dragonfall is the absolute best game to come out of the so called "cRPG reneissance".

Hong Kong is pretty good as well but doesnt have a story as interesting and the characters arent up to par either.

Would buy another game immediately
>>
>>386037872

I usually like 90s anime art styles, but that shit is hideous.
>>
>>386033721
would have been better if there were no magic and fantasy shit, but since i was starved for cyber punk games at the time i took it and i fucking enjoyed it.
>>
>>386034147
This pretty much sums up my feelings on it. It divorced too much from combat and non-combat, which is one of the largest strengths of the Baldur's Gate esque games. Plus the dialog trees were really forced and hammy. Felt like I was barely interacting with the world at all. Felt like it was a chore the whole time.
>>
>>386037872
Yeah, Japan really fucking loves Shadowrun for some reason. I wish we could get some of their TRPGs in return though. I feel like I would have more fun playing Sword World or Alshard than I do playing D&D. And I REALLY want Tokyo Nova.
>>
>>386037406
You take back chummer, Shaman Summoners are awesome. I'm so sorry your little toy robots make you insecure compared to our literal manifestations of the elements.
>>
Who is bester boy: Racter or Dietrich?
>>
>>386038191
>Riggers just stay in the car the entire time.
I take it you haven't hopped onto 5e yet. I don't have experience with it, but I hear that Riggers have to actually get out and do shit now, especially because a lot of drones are made with paper and butter now.
>>
File: racter.png (89KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
racter.png
89KB, 212x278px
>>386039798
>laughs in psychopath
>>
>>386033721
Dragonfall is the best when it comes to the story.
Hong Kong is the best when it comes to gameplay.
Both are basically on the same level, so choose whichever ever appeals to you more.

In terms of mods, Antumbra Saga for Dragonfall is quite good. I believe there is a continuation/new story by the same person for Hong Kong, but I haven't played it.
>>
Currently playing Returns, and nearly come to the end of the game. I will play Dragonfall after this. Is decker suck at Dragonfall too?
>>
>>386040336
You should play a decker in Dragonfall for the best experience. The one you get is kind of lame, and you don't want to bring him on missions. You don't need to play a decker in Hong Kong, and I played an adept instead (best choice, imo).
>>
I'm playing though Dragonfall and it's tite
>>
>>386040486
Should i go only decker skills or get drones also?
>>
File: Bean_Bandit.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bean_Bandit.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>386033721
Decent visual novels with mediocre SRPG gameplay.

Bad roleplaying games.
>>
>>386040671
>Should i go only decker skills or get drones also?

Focus on being a combat decker with a focus on rifles imo.

Drones slow the pacing down and they will basically fight for you (once you equip 2 of them).
>>
>>386040671
Drones are mostly useless from what I remember unless you specialize in them (you get a rigger in Hong Kong who is really godly). You're better off minmaxing into dodge and assault rifles + decking + etiquette. You get a ton of money, so you can buy the best deck in Dragonfall and all the progs plus whatever gear you need.

Money in Hong Kong is really scarce by comparison, so just fyi.
>>
File: 1484346523765.jpg (9KB, 186x184px) Image search: [Google]
1484346523765.jpg
9KB, 186x184px
>>386040510
>mfw
>>
>>386039996
I'll be honest my only real concern about Racter's plan is that it would basically destroy magic usage.
>>
>>386040962
what a shame
what a rotten way to die
>>
>>386039703
>Capitalist high-tech inferno side by side with retarded shamans who think they'll summon the god of good street crossings or some shit

I can see why Japan loves Shadowrun
>>
>>386041226
not the fact that everyone would be a psychopath? and not necessarily a high functioning psychopath like Racter too
>>
>>386033721
The Caldecott Caper and Antumbra Saga. Desert wars sucks ass.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.