[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you buy a first person remake of resident evil 2? REmake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: re2_remake_announce.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
re2_remake_announce.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
Would you buy a first person remake of resident evil 2? REmake 2 is most likely using the RE Engine, so a first person/VR adaption isn't that far fetched
>>
What kinda remake is it, anyway? Like just from scratch? Or upressing the old game?
>>
>A remake of resident evil 2 fixing the only bad thing about it, the controls.

Yes I would buy it.
>>
>>386033412
>Would you buy a first person remake of resident evil 2?
After RE7... Fuck yeah! Only ppl who would disagree are 40+ much nostalgia much camera angle
>>
WE DO IT!
>>
>>386034251
>fuck yeah much doge
at least try to talk normally
>>
>>386034369
You way too old for this board you know that?
>>
The level design was made with the fixed camera in mind so I'm not sure how well it would work.
>>
>>386034667
It could work. It just depends on how it is executed.
>>
>>386033412
No. REmake style or bust.
>>
>>386033412
For sure. I'm happy with either though.
>>
>>386033412
yes
fps>set angles>>>>>>tps in RE
>>
>>386034667
If it's in first person you are going to have things hidden from the player view anyway, which is one of the good things about fixed camera angles. They'll probably need to change enemy placements though.
The only thing I didn't like about the controls in RE7 is that it is hard to judge distances to dodge attacks in first person.
>>
>>386033412
No.
Also Capcom apparently made a poll last year, asking fans if theyd prefer the 'classic' RE style gameplay, or the 'new' type a la RE4 and up. Apparently the oldschool style won by a mile.
>>
>>386033451
Total remake, like THE REmake was.
NOT a remaster.
>>
File: photo_2017-01-24_12-15-16.jpg (75KB, 631x950px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-01-24_12-15-16.jpg
75KB, 631x950px
>>386035312
Link to that poll?
>>
>>386035312
RE fans have always been nostalgia babbies. Remember the backlash RE4 got initially? Capcom even had to make an official statement regarding their decision to switch to over the shoulder.

Fixed camera angles were a thing because it was an extremely effective means of increasing immersion at the time RE1 came out. As tech progressed there became better ways. Over the shoulder was more immersive then. First person is more immersive now. I don't know why this is a difficult concept for people to grasp and why they latch onto any specific camera angle. Do you guys play the games to enjoy the games or just to meme and follow a fad and become like an old person complaining about the youth because you can't keep up with the fads anymore? But that only happens when you never realize what the point of the changing fads is which has always been immersion.
>>
>>386033412
No, if they're remaking it they might as well respect the source material the same way the original REmake did.

If you're a normie who cannot stomach easy to learn controls that even children back in the day dealt with easily, you can fuck off and play any RE game after 3. Including 7.
>>
File: Really.gif (963KB, 250x278px) Image search: [Google]
Really.gif
963KB, 250x278px
>>386034858
This. I just want it like REmake, damn it.
>>
>>386033412
No. But thats only because first person games always make me feel nauseous and claustrophobic. They should make the camera switchable from first person to third. Or even better, the classic too. Everyone would be happy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.