[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, why exactly makes the Dragonborn special? Is it only his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3370.jpg (76KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3370.jpg
76KB, 900x720px
So, why exactly makes the Dragonborn special? Is it only his ability to learn words of power, and thus shout? Or does he also have other advantages above normal mortals? I mean, the Dragonborn can (eventually) make armor out of dragon's bones. I haven't seen any other mortals doing that. So, is shouting the only thing that the Dragonborn has going for him, or is there something more?
>>
He can absorb dragon souls.
>>
>>386032501
He can permanently kill dragons, Alduin can resurrect dragons killed by conventional means.
>>
He can permanently kill a dragon by eating it's soul. Thus preventing it from ever resurrecting. He also gains all the dragons 'knowledge'.

He can literally destroy a dragons afterlife much like aulduin when that scalefuck started to eat sovenguard souls.
>>
Alduin was resurrecting dragons, the Dragonborn can absorb their souls to ensure they stay dead.

Anyone can kill dragons in TES lore, but only the Dragonborn can absorb their strength and rework it.
>>
Nothing. Everyone is exploiting him by making him feel special so that he single-handedly takes the responsibility to stop Alduin. Same deal with the Nerevarine from Morrowind and Martin from Oblivion.
>>
>>386033030
What happen when the Dragonborn dies?
Do all the Dragon souls get released or are they permanently fused to his soul?
>>
File: 5Wk86L6.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5Wk86L6.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
Ripping from the lore of the "Dragonborn" we got from Oblivion:

A true dragonborn can:

>See through and not be affected by illusion magic
>Avoid most daedric bullshit
>Read Elder Scrolls without going blind (Limited proof for this)
>Is just over-all naturally lucky
>Can learn any type of magic extreamly quickly (Not like they learn shouts, but still)
>Is about 5 times as strong as a normal man/mer
>Can kill dragons permanently

And the most important thing that they seem to be able to do (If in good standing with the gods) is predict the future by LITERALLY SEEING THE FABRIC OF TIME IN THEIR DREAMS!

So, in conclusion, Skyrim's dragonborn is nothing compared to Uriel Mutha-Fuck'n Septim.
>>
>>386032501
Part of it is the Dragonborn's ability to learn shouts at the rate they do. For everyone else it's an arduous task that requires years of practice, like learning a foreign language.

The other is being able to consume a Dragon's soul, the only way to kill a Dragon completely.
>>
>>386033365
>See through and not be affected by illusion magic

To be fair, Skyrim did get this right.
>>
Does anyone else wanna repeat the same fucking things everyone's said already a few more times? I don't think OP has enough repetitive information to answer his question yet
>>
>>386033512
A lot of good that does, since nobody other than the player even casts illusion magic.
>>
>>386033574
A few mage-type enemies will sometimes cast invisibility, but you can still see them. It's like the "Active-Camo" effect from Halo 3.
>>
>>386033574
Neloth sometimes cast the Calm spell on Talvas, but other than that no.
>>
>>386033365
[citation required]
>>
>>386033953
Play Oblivion/Read the lore we got from Oblivion.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.