[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's take a break from discussing how bad it's Fallout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 43

File: Atomic_Vault_Boy_by_lolwut_kun.jpg (128KB, 373x367px) Image search: [Google]
Atomic_Vault_Boy_by_lolwut_kun.jpg
128KB, 373x367px
Let's take a break from discussing how bad it's Fallout 4 and let's actually do something productive.
What do you want to see in the next entry , and what you want to see improved ?
Where do you want the game to take place ? Do you want to see a spin-off in another country like China or Russia ? (Even if the last it's basically desert if I remember correctly)
>>
Guns, lots and lots and lots of guns and melee weapons, twice as much as new Vegas plus dlc. More armor options like fallout 4 but less shitty
>>
>>386031293
I want Bethesda to keep the verticality they gave to F4 and bring that to Elder Scrolls as well.
If you pay attention, most dungeons in F4 you're going up and down instead of traversing them horizontally like you mostly do in other Bethesda games. I enjoyed that a lot and it's probably the best evolution they did to their formula.
>>
I want them to basically just re-do Fallout 3 again. It wasn't perfect but it was a hell of a lot better than 4.
>>
we will never get a tactics II
>>
>>386033457
Tactics doesn't deserve a sequel Anon , get over it
>>
>>386031293
I absolutely won't buy another one of their games until they get a new engine. There's no excuse for their games to look like such shit and still run so poorly. As long as they're still on it I don't give a fuck what they add to the game.
>>
>>386033895
It wasn't that bad, it was just a little buggy. It gets most of its hate because it's so different from the originals in terms of playstyle.
>>
>>386033895

>reee stop liking what i don't like because i'm shit at games reeee

whatever the fuck you say shitter. how about you eat a nice bowl of git gud and wash it down with a glass of STFU.
>>
>>386034110
it uses the exact same engine and plays exactly the same, only now you don't have to worry about your npc's being retards because you choose them to build your squad and control them too.
>>
>>386034197
I'm sorry what ? I didn't say I hate the game or something , I said that because every post I see here about Fallout it's about "Wash Fallout 4 was so BAD". Stop being so edgy in the internet kid
>>
>>386034315
Woops my bad , with "Wash" I mean "Waah"
>>
>>386034285
>plays exactly the same
It's a tactical war game, not an open ended RPG. You've got set missions, not a general idea of what you're meant to accomplish.
>>
>>386034197

>reee
>git gud
>stfu
>do i fit in yet guys?
>>
A player character with no backstory set in-store besides the fact they exist in the Fallout timeline.

More variety of weapons, ammo types, melee weapons, armor, etc

Skill points and a level cap, with perks that are fun and useful.

All companions have a special quest tied to them, hell maybe even a quest chain.

More than two major settlements, they actually tie into quests and what you do in-game affects them to varying degrees.

Factions that aren't completely retarded.

Setting should be somewhere new to the series, or maybe somewhere referenced in other games.
>>
With the performance/graphics relation of FO4, I really doubt they can make FO4 VR run ok while not looking like absolute garbage.
>>
>>386034467
fallout 1 has a very strict timeline limit on it's general idea' or you get worst end, and you can't extend that time limit without locking yourself out of best end.

fallout 2 also has a strict timeline limit on its 'general idea' in order to not get locked out of best end.

also, how the fuck is 'get a water chip' and 'find a geck' NOT a specific immediate goal?

jesus fuck, does it have to be signposted 'go to these three places to find out about vault 13, then go their, gee fuck it , let's just put it right on your map right now, and grab that geck' for you to think it specific enough? you sound like a retarded skyrim fag.
>>
>>386034489
>>386034315

>i came into a thread about things i don't like in order to get offended and triggered and now i'm offended and triggered! why does this keep happening to me!?
>>
>>386034883
>also, how the fuck is 'get a water chip' and 'find a geck' NOT a specific immediate goal?
I meant that in Fallout Tactics you walk to a map marker, you do your specific mission "rescue Paladin Solo", "Defend the Ghoul Temple and kill the super mutant leaders" and then you walk to the glowing green exit grid. It's very structured. Fallout 1 and 2 give you a mission and you've got a lot of options on how to do it.
>>
File: 1466084526267.gif (432KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1466084526267.gif
432KB, 500x394px
GIVE ME A FUCKING DEVELOPED WORLD. I don't want to play in fucking rustbuckets and BARREN wastelands. Fallout fucking ONE showed areas with signs of redevelopment and actual civilisation instead of literal shanty towns CENTURIES after the bombs.

Show me innovation, show me actual towns and hamlets even on the level of fucking Oblivion or Morrowind, however small they might be let them feel REAL. The aesthetic and creative potential of a post-nuclear war america is absolutely massive and Bethesda have failed to realise it even once. You can have raiders and mutants and crazy wasteland shit while also having actual bastions of civilisation with proper buildings and whatnot.
Give me that shit. That's what I fucking want.
>>
File: ScreenShot80.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot80.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
>>386031293
>What do you want to see in the next entry , and what you want to see improved ?

Gun Variety like a mother fucker.
Optimal - Take 3, NV, and 4 and put in every single Gun from those plus a few new types.
Realistically - 60 different Firearms with Unique sounds/visuals for each. With Special weapons have special variants within it's type.
Ammo types. AP, HP, Hand Loader stuff, etc

Maximum of fucking 1 (ONE) immortal NPC. Preferably 0 if they can do it.

Skill and Perks back to how they are in NV
Make SPECIAL matter again.
Shit fucking ton of dialogue options/checks based on Skills, SPECIAL, Perks, KARMA, and Faction alignment.

Factions to actually be Unique in their pursuits. Railroad, Minutemen, and Brotherhood in 4 literally all ended in Blowing up the Institute. What the fuck?
I'd prefer even better than New Vegas factions. Where each Faction has a unique quest line which can result in wildly different endings.
Not just an ending slide show, but actual unique endings.
If this results in only 4 completely unique endings with minor variations for side factions so be it.

Extremely vague backstory for the Player character.

Make it possible to be fucking evil as all hell.
Killing for money, Slaving (and child slaving), Poisoning water supplies to kill settlements, etc
Just shit you can do that is morally shunned that earns you quick cash.

Karma and Disguise system from NV but expanded.
TL;DR
Essentially Fallout New Vegas 2 in the Fo4 engine with the things that Fo4 improved upon.
Crafting
FPS mechanics
Power Armor
Bash
No Longer stuck with a Tank Controls character
Character Creation
>>
>>386032268
in what ways was 3 better than 4?
>>
I want to be passing by and hear a conversation about some asshole who tried to sell him expired Jet by calling it "pre-war" Jet, you'll find out from another guy where he is, he's in a cave.
You arrive and find a shitty chem dealer named Pete, he looks exactly like Peye Hines.
>>
>>386035080
that's because you're explicitly a part of the BoS carrying out missions under orders. it's a function of the story.

wandering around doing w/e the crap you wanted would get you executed for desertion and theft of stores.
>>
Tone down the pulp sci-fi crap
Less lasers, robots and wacky science stuff
>>
>>386035309
Which just shows that Fallout Tactics and the mainline fallout games play very differently.
>>
>>386035246
>call him out on the Jet
>he's not interested in discussing about it
>>
File: todd.png (374KB, 600x669px) Image search: [Google]
todd.png
374KB, 600x669px
>>386031293
Some actual role-playing mechanics. More stuff like the "Dark Craving" mechanic from Fallout 4's survival mode; adds lots of immersion and role-playing potential and you have to face the consequences of the path you chose.
>>
>>386035226

Pretty much this, but ditch the fucking gamebryo/creation engine they are currently using and get on something modern, house made or not.

also no paid mods please. (but we all know that's not happening.)
>>
>>386035393
no they don't.

f1 and 2 have ONE specific and immediate goal.

fot has a series of escalating specific and immediate goals.
>>
>>386035539
Yes. So one is a straight RPG and the other is a turn-based/real-time tactical RPG.
>>
It's kinda hard to talk about what we want in the next Fallout without discussing how bad 4 is

>>386032268
But one of 4's biggest problems was that it basically was just a re-do of 3.
>>
>>386035683
>But one of 4's biggest problems was that it basically was just a re-do of 3.

Playing through Fo3 again lately has made this so damn obvious.
Many times over now I find myself thinking, "Wow, this was redone in Fo4."

Hell, they based 90% of Fo4 off of 1 side-quest from 3
>>
>>386035663
all three have the exact same mechanics.

trying to force one out of a genre with retarded ass backwards sophistry just makes you look like a sperg.

they're the same games with different stories. full stop.
>>
File: 20170802154437_1.jpg (646KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170802154437_1.jpg
646KB, 1920x1080px
>>386031293
>>386032031
>>386032203
>>386032268
>>386033457
>>386033895
>>386034052
>>386034110
>>386034197
>>386034285
>>386034315
>>386034405
>>386034467
>>386034489
>>386034524

FALLOUT 4 IS A GOOD GAME IF YOU JUST ACCEPT IT FOR WHAT IT IS

Seriously, its actually fun if stop expecting it to be an role playing game. Its an exploration/building/hoarding/action game and it does that flawlessly. All of what it does right basically supports game, rather then its failed attempts at being an rpg.
>>
I'm actually fine with loot shoot Fallouts as long as it's canon that they're not canon
>>
I don't want the same team making Fallout or Elder Scrolls again. Skyrim and Fallout 4 are average. Bethesda doesn't make good games anymore. Just safe average games.
>>
>>386035996
Dear God stop trying to make my thread in a fucking shit show and actually contribute to it
>>
>>386035996
It's not a good game even if you approach it without any preconceptions about what it is.
>>
>>386035996
>IF YOU JUST ACCEPT IT FOR WHAT IT IS

Post apocalyptic Minecraft?
>>
File: 1501719256857.png (511KB, 532x488px) Image search: [Google]
1501719256857.png
511KB, 532x488px
>>386031293
One thing that's actually real good in FO4 is the level design of the dungeons and some levels in the DLC. If Bethesda can keep that up and actually get people who know how to write they could finally make a good game again.
>>
>>386036138
Bethesda just needs a new writing team.
It's their biggest flaw by faaaar. The others can be coped with and fixed but their dialogues,quest and story are just unfixable.
>>
A setting that's not the boring grey shit of 3 and 4.
>>
>>386035796
Yeah I replayed 3 when people said this and it is more or less true. The problem is they threw out some of the good ideas 3 had, namely companions actually being people instead of:
>Get in and out of power armor 4 times, Danse now goes off on how you're best friends and tells you about the last one
>Pick a handful of locks
>Piper/Cait now want you to explore their vaults
>Be a dick a handful of times
>McGreedy now wants to tell you all about his life
>>
>>386036437
That and an understanding of the previous lore.
>>
File: FlWnSLn.jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FlWnSLn.jpg
41KB, 480x480px
80S MUSIC

the 50s has had its time
>>
>>386035996
Fallout 4 was my first Bethesda game I ever bought didn't know what to expect. I got bored by the end of the first act and never played it since.
>>
>>386036189
well, yeah. It has that element in there

>>386036150
that's wrong and you know it
>>
>>386036293
yeah the one thing that makes me think "hey maybe FO4 has some merits" is the dungeon design. A bunch of them are bad but some are pretty good with non-linear design and a lot of verticality, even in exterior locations often.

It's not enough though, and it only manages to make me bitter that this design wasn't used in a better overall game.
>>
File: autism awareness.jpg (60KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
autism awareness.jpg
60KB, 600x835px
>>386036920
>your opinions are wrong
People have differing opinions, and the sooner you learn to cope with this the sooner you won't be so angry all the time.
>>
>people think we're even getting new FO/TES games for the next decade
they're planning on cashing in on mods for their existing games. They're still earning money on Skyrim and they're planning on earning even more. Why bother creating new games when they can capitalize on the fans making micro-DLCs for their old games.
>>
>>386035431
Becoming over-powered tank is a big problem in Bethesda games. Things like this "Drak Craving" effect are really great; they provide serious advantages, but with them comes serious drawbacks and penalties. Traits and perks like these greatly adds the survival-horror'esque vibe in these games.
>>
Fallout needs to leave bethesda if they're going to make it fun. It needs to be about a billion times more complex and they aren't willing to do that when they've got such a grip on the casual market. Face it, Fallout is dead. It's all downhill now.
>>
>>386035996
Where are the shadows? Why is everything so bright? It's as bad as New Vegas
>>
File: pb-flcl-21875721-1152-864.jpg (54KB, 499x388px) Image search: [Google]
pb-flcl-21875721-1152-864.jpg
54KB, 499x388px
Drop the stupid 50's/60's bullshit and go back to the dark fallout with some black humor
>>
>>386036920
It does a handful of things well and shits he bed everywhere else
>>
File: TRUE Fallout rankings.png (3MB, 1991x3273px) Image search: [Google]
TRUE Fallout rankings.png
3MB, 1991x3273px
>>
I want epic boss battles

Harkan at the end of Dawnguard was fun
The Mechanist robot gauntlet in 4 was both cool and fun

I want more of this, and more than one per-game
>>
>>386037303
Iirc you have to do everything you can to make shadows non existent because if they're present, even when not visible, they run in the background and contribute to fps drops on higher settings.
>>
>>386037163
They're a big studio,sales and the dimes from micro transactions will stagnate with time. You need a game in the making now, so when the time comes there's a new cow to milk.
>>
>>386037562
I know this is supposed to be going from worst to best but fo4 is better than 3 desu
>>
>>386031293
Ladders
Actual guns
No pipeguns
No procedurally generated guns
More than one city
Laser weapons that don't look like they would be awkward to hold or reload
>>
>>386037910

>More than one city

oh boy i sure cant wait to play that in 2030
>>
>>386037708
they've already said they're not making anything TES/Fallout related now, even though they usually start on a new one after the previous release by now. They're gonna milk the mod platform that's not even out yet for what it's worth before they plan on making another one.

I honestly fear for the future of TES if paid mods become a success. Skyrim wasn't great but it wasn't irredeemable trash either. FO4 was pretty much irredeemable, and if paid mods will net them enough profit then they're gonna fully embrace the "mods will fix it" philosophy because they are gonna want to market the mods. Like, the only way FO4 is playable is if you install some good weapon mods with custom animations since every vanilla weapon looks like a tube with a trigger on it.
>>
Somebody post info graphs discussing Fallout 3 vs New Vegas
>>
>>386031293
>no more crafting villages/building strongholds as part of the main story

>make the story more open ended. Don't guide the player with a specific mission. Keep mission objectives vague until they decide to align themselves.

>more detailed speech options. Fuck giving VA work to the mc if it's gonna mean that dialogue is just "yes,yes, sarcastic yes."

>allow all characters the ability to die/be killed.

>fix up the ai so interactions feel more Intense( raiders cooperate/share drugs during battle, brotherhood can call for back up, enemies kill themselves if they feel they cannot win a fight, deathclaw babies will call for their mom etc)

>make an original storyline that doesn't revolve around rehashing the same conflicts/used storylines from previous game. Use familiar factions/characters to add substance but don't use them to further the same fucking narrative all the time.
>>
>>386032031
Simply no

Fo should go back to being an actual rpg instead of that action crap
>>
>>386038224
>they've already said they're not making anything TES/Fallout related now
And you believe them? These companies prepare themselves years in advance.
Fallout 4 is one of their best selling games. The ball will keep rolling and they'll keep pushing the games. The mod selling platform is to probably make some income flow that allow them more time betweeen releases. But that doesn't mean they'll cease production and count all their chips in those revenue streams.
There is a TES in the making, maybe not all their resources are put into it for whatever reason (maybe they hit some technical brickwall, maybe they wanna give space for another project) but it's there.
>>
>>386032203
What's with this non-feature.
This is like saying 'this food has nutritional value woot omg!' when you speak of a 3D world in a video game.
>>
>>386038224

>Bethesda stops making new TES games altogether
>another company takes the IP

Who would you hope takes it, anons?

MK is with TellTale now, and the lead designer of Morrowind is (I think) still with Big Huge Games after he made Kingdoms of Alamur a few years back. Neither of those are really companies I'd like to see take TES.
>>
>>386037910
>ladders
NEVER EVER
>>
>>386031293

Gunplay was great in FO4. Also the world itself was great; minimal useless open space, lots of dense/vertical areas, plenty of fun little optional areas to find.

what i would like to see:

>better RPG elements, perk system was too simplistic
>along those lines, go back to old dialog system (at a minimum) and place more emphasis on stats for role playing/dialog purposes
>make mods more interesting; it was a great concept but the execution was dull. would be nice to see customization/variation along the lines of say borderlands in terms of weaponry without getting too silly
>survival mode closer to the new survival in current FO4 from the start, with the game balanced around these concepts (e.g. no savescumming probably being the most critical)
>>
>>386039552
>food analogy
Not everything is a "feature". That's obviously an evolution in how they design levels and make use of their tools.
Just saying, it was a change in the right direction and i hope they stick with it.
>>
>>386039809

I should clarify that when i say 'mods' here, i meant the gun/armor mods.
>>
Are FO1,2, and NV the benchmark for making a game with multiple choices?
>>
>>386040107

All of those were highly overrated. IMO no game has ever really done that well
>>
>>386031293
Make armor/clothing out of more separate pieces for better mix and match customization. Add the ability to preview armor/clothing you wear similar to the Power Armor Frame.
>>
>>386040107

I'd also nominate Witcher Enhanced Edition, Papers Please, Morrowind, and Dragon Age Origins
>>
>>386039565
Bethesda because they've been doing spectacular with the serires so far

The only people who think Skyrim is lesser than past games are vtards.
>>
>>386031293
STOP THAT RANDOM LOOT BOX SHIT AT THE END OF EVERY DUNGEON
Jesus Christ I was sick of mowing down generic raiders by the third dungeon and what makes it worse is the fucking reward chest of useless crap at the end of it. A system they copied ONE TO ONE FROM FUCKING SKYRIM.
>>
>>386041083
Daggerfall was the best game in the series.
>>
I want anyone but Bethesda to make it, and I want it set in California.
>>
>>386041293
>I want a developer with even LESS experience with Fallout to make a Fallout game
>>
File: 1473209517265.jpg (84KB, 450x577px) Image search: [Google]
1473209517265.jpg
84KB, 450x577px
>>386041565
Nobody could do worse than Bethesda.
>>
>>386031293

Different VATS attacks for melee/unarmed attacks that attack different parts of the body, just like they how it was in FNV.

Also different directional attacks with melee/unarmed that do different things, like in earlier TES games and FNV.

More inter-faction interaction aside from the big showdown at the endgame.

More factions with cities, and questlines and side-quests that can change major cities and factions before the endgame hits.

If they include the Settlement system in the next game, have settlements actually affect the plot outside of fulfilling a quest counter.
>>
>>386041293
>double click f5.exe
>logo comes in
>EA
>Bioware
>menu music starts
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-S8CIU7VA
>>
>>386041639
You keep on screeching that, Obsidrone.
It ain't gonna come true
>>
>>386041639
>any asian company
>>
>>386041986
Obsidian is shit, but even they could turn out a half finished turd better than Bethesda's full product.
>>
>>386041639
This guy needs to be fucking fired
>>
>>386042257
>if I say Obsidian is shit then he has to believe me!
You demonized Bethesda, which outs you as an obsidrone.
>>
>>386042645
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1473210293748.png (671KB, 575x803px) Image search: [Google]
1473210293748.png
671KB, 575x803px
>>386042645
>You demonized Bethesda
Ok, Bethdrone.
>>
Soviet aesthetic fallout, I want.
>>
File: 1486273945362.jpg (28KB, 426x444px) Image search: [Google]
1486273945362.jpg
28KB, 426x444px
>>386031293
Actual perks that change gameplay options and do stuff instead of increasing stats
>>
File: 1473209183748.jpg (159KB, 619x918px) Image search: [Google]
1473209183748.jpg
159KB, 619x918px
>>
>>386041293
>California
No they've already established the NCR as the dominant government in that area and spreading. Meaning they have a tight enough hold on the area to not have to constantly patrol and fight things.
>>
>>386031293
>playing Bethesda's Fallout as Fallout
>not like Stalker Goes to USA
>>
>>386043174
NCR civil war/post-NCR society.
>>
File: 1440757792975.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1440757792975.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
>>386042645
>You demonized Bethesda
>>
>>386043256
For what purpose? So you play trough a campaign of siding with the NCR core, or the rebels? Maybe if they feel adventurous a chance to help the BoS grab more land?
>>
File: 1493043655266.png (15KB, 97x106px) Image search: [Google]
1493043655266.png
15KB, 97x106px
>>386041639
>>386043064
>caring about Fallout's lore
>after FO3
>after Tactics that made all Deathclaws intelligent
>after Mothership Zeta that made aliens start Great War
>after DM and OWB that made barking guns and fucking ALCHEMY canon
>>
>>386043390
It can be just like Skyrim.
>>
>>386043064
What a fucking faggot
>>
>>386035389
play a different series then
>>
>>386034524
>Player character with no backstory
Yes
>>
File: 1429076802863.jpg (4MB, 3348x3456px) Image search: [Google]
1429076802863.jpg
4MB, 3348x3456px
>>386043390
>>386043442
Also
>rebels
They are revolutionaries, fighting to restore America.
>>
>>386043480
Suck my dick, they went overboard on that crap in 4 and it was the drizzling shits
>>
>>386031293
I want Obsidian.
I'd like to see Bethesda permanently removed from the franchise.

I'd like it to take place on the east coast so Obisidan can prove Bethshit's retardation as uncanon.
>>
>>386043571
>4
>overboard on sci-fi
Haven't played 2 or NV?
>>
>>386043420
>after Tactics that made all Deathclaws intelligent
>The deathclaws paid a high price for their rebellion, however: an Enclave team, led by Frank Horrigan, attacked Vault 13 and massacred the deathclaws (and presumably those humans under their protection). Of Vault 13's inhabitants, only Goris, who had accompanied the Chosen One on adventures outside Vault 13, survived.
Oh look at that it's irrelevant since only one survived
>after Mothership Zeta that made aliens start Great War
Cut audio that only implies that's what the man being mind probed thinks they want is not proof.
>after DM and OWB that made barking guns and fucking ALCHEMY canon
Plays heavily into the whacky science idea, but yeah still pretty dumb
>>
File: 1501159300192.jpg (167KB, 905x882px) Image search: [Google]
1501159300192.jpg
167KB, 905x882px
>>386043558
But anon the NCR is prewar America in the Fallout universe. Also you didn't post the actual people who were trying to do that
>>
>>386043785
2 and NV have the absolute perfect balance.
4 went full LOL THE JETSONS XDDDD
>>
>>386043929
>Goris fucked the entire population of Deathclaws
Uh-huh.
>>
File: Ishmael_Ashur.jpg (397KB, 910x650px) Image search: [Google]
Ishmael_Ashur.jpg
397KB, 910x650px
Here is my checklist
>Keep it in the US; most of the country is up for exploration
>more original/Fallout themed music ala Begin Again and Home on the Wastes
>ditch the VAT system or make it bullet time like Fallout 4
>separate armor so bodywear isn't one piece of clothing
>less "main plot" orientated factions, so you can peel off away from the main story and join some raiders, slavers or tribals
>keep it away from the East AND west coast; I don't want the games story to impact on what has already happened, nor do I want to confirm what is or isn't canon from FNV
>keep the 50s motif to a minimum
>consistent world building that works with the environment and setting; I want to see more farms and established settlements rather than people in scrap iron sheds eating 200 year old pork n beans
>more original creatures; less deathclaws
>keep the "remember this from Fallout X, well now it's back!" shtick to a minimum
>keep the main character as a blank slate to open up more potential for roleplaying
>make charisma a worthwhile special stat
>divide guns back into two different skill trees
>add more options for skills which negate the use of putting points into others; for example, explosives can be used to blast locks so you don't need to pick lockpicking on every character
>>
>>386043670
This has to be bait, I like NV but Obsidian has a horrible track record, especially with their new releases that had no excuse of "muh publishers!"
>>
>>386042774
>>386043263
>maybe we can turn this around?
No. When you try to pretend Bethesda is the worst of the worst, you are admitting you are an Obsidrone. Because there are plenty of developers out there who actually don't care, who make games just for money.
>>
>>386044179
>new vegas is a masterpiece
>3 and 4 are some of the biggest blunders of the their generations
Proof that Obsidian are all Fallout needs.
>>
>>386044072
What are you trying to imply here? That Goris restarted the Deathclaw population or what?
>>
>>386037910
Also vehicles. They can do horses in TES, no reason why they can't make bikes, cars, buggies in FO.
>>
>>386037163
t.Valve
>>
I just want them to lessen the importance of the main plot so I don't have to play around "muh dad" or "muh son" ever again. I know Fallout 1 and 2 were running on the same thing with the water chip and GECK, but the importance of those tasks greatly diminished after the task was complete, and a large part of that was to lead you into other, more pressing matters around the wasteland by way of your search. Make it a real RPG, basically.
>>
>>386044348
Kinda like Bethesda with remasters, vr ports and now micro transaction DLCs made by modders?
>>
File: 1440878316769.jpg (178KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1440878316769.jpg
178KB, 960x960px
>>386044348
>>
>>386031293
3d fallout is overrated and it needs to end
4 should be the last one
>>
>>386044349
>3 and 4 are some of the biggest blunders of the their generations
Jokes aside both games were received amazing well and sold tons. Casuals even consider FO3 to be a better game than NV.
>new vegas is a masterpiece
News flash for you, buddy. NV was made on Van Buren design documents and cut content from FO1 (Zeon) and FO2 (DM/OWB). Go play Pillars and Tyranny if you want to see how good modern Obsidian are. Pro-tip: they're hacks and both games are mediocre at best.
>>
>>386044464

Plus it fucking railroads you into a character archetype instead of letting you choose it for yourself.
>>
>>386044395
Totally agreed with this , I hate using fast travel but in Fallout is basically obligatory since you don't have any other way to go.
>>
>>386044348
By calling everyone who insults Bethesda an Obsidrone you have outed yourself as a Bethesdrone. It's okay anon the first step to fixing your problem is admitting you have one. We want to help.
>>
>>386044057
Haven't played them, got it.
>>
>>386044641
I liked the Vertibirds idea
>>
>>386031293
Hire some decent writers. The writing in F4 was shit, but everything else was good.
>>
>>386044698
Bethesdrone with no self awareness, gotcha.

>>386044727
>4
>anything good
>>
>>386044602
>NV was made on Van Buren design documents and cut content from FO1 (Zeon) and FO2 (DM/OWB)
Why is this supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>386044778
It had better item customization and character creation. The shooting mechanics were also made so that it wasn't obvious they were reskinned Oblivion spells.
>>
>>386031293
want to play fallout 4 but the season pass is worth the full game price.
The game has been on sale but season pass still at full price, wtf is up with that
>>
>>386044602
What was wrong with Pillars and Tyranny?
>>
>>386044727
Honestly that's my biggest gripe with 4, I like how smooth combat was, vats didn't freeze time and make you unkillable while shooting, the customizing guns was decent but they need more solid variety instead of just mod these handful into whatever, the armor being modular instead of all or nothing (in most cases) was nice aswell. I kinda liked the settlement building but I wish there was a way outside of mods to have them be a town by themselves instead of you having to do everything for the ai to walk into a wall for eight hours then teleport to a bed.
>>
>>386044794
Read: Obsidian did not come up with anything for NV, they used stuff that was made by old Black Isle members and with NV out they don't have anything to make the game with, they'll have to rely on their own "talent" instead. And everyone who played their latest games knows it's not a good thing.
>>
>>386044602
>Obsidian was smart enough to not stray from how Fallout games are supposed to be
>>
>>386044794
I think he's trying to say Obsidian haven't churned out a decent game in a while.
He's not wrong. Obsidian hasn't had a good track record as a of late and I very much doubt if they made a new Fallout game, it'd be as good as NV.

>>386044641
>>386044721
I'd like to see carts or carriages pulled by robots, namely the sentry bots.
>>
>>386044951

The funniest part:

The "sale" price for the Season Pass was just the price it originally was before the jewish price hike.
>>
>>386045162
I think you grossly overestimate the amount of actual content in the scrapped Van Buren stuff.
>>
>>386044951

DLC is the AAA publisher's favorite greed tactic. Notice how a lot of games never get a "complete" release anymore, they just discount the base game and keep the DLC overpriced as hell forever.
>>
>>386045032
You won't get a concrete answer short of vapid word salads.
>>
>>386044951
>wanting to pay any amount of money to play the piece of shit that is shitout 4

>>386045086
Except 4's combat was dumbed down, casualized console COD garbage. It removed any skill and roleplaying ability that NV added to the shooting mechanics.
>>
>>386045482

It was certainly better than FO3's at least, which really isn't saying much but still.
>>
>>386045317
I just checked on PSN and it's for sale, finally.
50% off.
First time I have seen it on sale, it wasn't even on sale on the steam summer sale
>>
Make the game a post nuclear role playing game , not the "collect shitloads of stuff and go guns blazing" piece of shit 3, NV, and 4 were. I mean I played FO4 for 3h and had like 10 guns in my inventory, together with 150lbs of other crap. In a world destroyed by nuclear weapons, you would be lucky to find one weapon and some supplies. That and focusing on the story and letting the player decide how it unfolds.
>>
>>386045162
But weren't a lot of the Obisdian higher ups old Black Isle employees? What's wrong with the same people using their old ideas that they never got to use in a new game they're making. People do that all the time.
>>
A fleshed out in depth hardcore mode ala new Vegas.

A world that makes sense. I hated how any community or save haven was literally surrounded by mutant camps and there were no safe routes for traders and stuff. Merchants were often alone just merrily walking by death claws like shit. I just want realistic world building.

Clean slate player character with no voice acting except grunts

An economy system that makes caps important and difficult to become rich as fuck with no effort.

Unique loot that is hard to obtain that can possibly change game mechanics or do unique things. Things more like how they did the alien blaster. Following blood trails and scorched ground that lead to a hidden cave that had an item and enemy that wasn't anywherw else in the game was really cool. These games have so much potential for treasure hunting that doesn't hold your hand.

I'm an autistic roleplayfag and loved the casinos and card games your character could participate in in new Vegas. I'd love locations that had cool activities.

I want chems to have better visual effects or change how your character moves. or even change how NPCs react to you, if you get drunk and talk to someone the dialog should change. It would be hilarious
>>
>>386045482
while FO4 isn't great, and isn't as immersive as NV it is still a fun game if you enjoy wat fallout is.

Personally I am an ingame cleptomaniac, so I love collecting all the gear, mods and finding every suit of power rmor
>>
>>386045557
>"collect shitloads of stuff and go guns blazing"
>3
>NV

I don't remember randomized borderlands gun drops in either anon
>>
>>386045482
Which is correct I simply said I liked how smooth it was, nothing else. I wouldn't mind seeing a Str requirement come back for using heavier guns, or a Per requirement for steady scope aiming. Also
>NV shooting
>Hard
>>
>>386045565
Problem now is most the leads that worked on NV aren't with Obsidian anymore, iirc.
>>
>>386045751
There were so many guns laying around in 3 that you could confidently destroy five assault rifles to repair another assault rifle.
>>
>>386045706
No. If you have any tiny modicum of respect for Fallout as a franchise then it's easy to unanimously agree 4 is a disgusting, offensive, insulting pile of shit. It's abhorrent to play.

>>386045751
3 was shit and had way too much run n gun Halo shit everywhere but NV fixed that entirely.
>>
>>386045887
I guess that's true. NV is probably the last good game they'll ever release. Kind of sad.
>>
>>386031293
I want see them bring back Black Isle and improve their dev team. They could start by firing Hines and that one Italian fuck who actively hate the setting and want to see it ruined.
>>
i want a fallout pacific northwest. Seattle, vancouver. That sort of thing.

They can go over the occupation of canada and that unique backstory.

also, please let obsidian, and or the original creators of fallout do the writing. At least they are consistant with the lore in their own game.

and toss out everything, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING from fallout 4 and start fucking over.
>>
>>386044641
It would require redesigning how the game builds and tears down data sets. In its current form vehicles are practically impossible. There are some much lower level problems with how the engine is built that require aftermarket fixes to get remade with each release that Bethesda should just start doing themselves.

>>386044602
No, very little of what's in New Vegas can be found in Van Buren's design docs. The only thing they have in common is a broad stroke similarity at the elevator pitch level of detail. Everything beyond that is radically different.

>>386045887
Some people have come back. The most well known people who haven't are Gonzalez (who was the lead writer for the base game) and Avellone (who had a very small role on the base game but led writing on 3 of the 4 DLCs) and that's what leads me to wonder if people shitting on the DLC arc relentlessly aren't some kind of opinion management thing. If it's true that short of moving Heaven and Earth Avellone would never go back (and even then it's doubtful) then diminishing his accomplishments and connection to the last entry would be a valuable way of rebuilding excitement if Bethesda is planning on giving them another go. If it is happening, expect to see Tim Cain's importance to the franchise talked up a lot right beside Avellone getting talked down.
>>
>>386046384
But , what happened to the rest of the team ? Aren't some of them retired from the industry ?
>>
>>386046513
Doesn't matter, bring back their caskets for all I care. Just make them work.
>>
>>386046671
Just like the settlement system?
>>
>>386044683
>still trying to turn it around
>>
File: have a day.jpg (90KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
have a day.jpg
90KB, 460x460px
>>386031293
>gut the VATS.
its dumb and op as shit because in fallout4 the developers are assuming you are incompetent baby casual who cant aim for shit. a good chunk of the perks are all only for use in VATS and there's allot of weapon that inflict status elements on crit. but if I remember correctly this does not work on sneak attacks and the only other way to get crits is using VATS which I don't because its just Aim botting with extra steps.

instead make VATS into VACC or Vaultboy Assisted Companion Control and let us have more than follower. like nameless npc and or robots witch you can level up and have perma-death.

>vehicles.
How come I can be father of the institute and still if I want to get from A to B I have to fucking walk there like a pedestrian? I know

>pack animals
if you could have a brahmin or something so you could carry enough gear for an expedition and not have to return to base to unload every damn time

the list goes on but mostly I want a better engine and more good looking guns (almost all guns in fo4 are so ugly they're not even fun to use not to even mention the retarded armour system where every piece looks like they could have been bought separately for an action man doll. competent writers and functional ladders and no FUCKING TODD.
>>
Fallout is quintessentially American. Everything from the propaganda to general jingoism that makes Fallout's atmosphere would be lost in another country.

If you want post-Apocalyptic Russia - play STALKER or Metro 2033, or just move to Russia.

Dunno if there's a post-Apocalyptic Chinese game. That could be fun. Call it "It's all over Mao" or something equally stupid and hard to translate.
>>
>>386046806
That was the first time I responded to you, but okay, whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
File: 1441141068890.png (97KB, 260x248px) Image search: [Google]
1441141068890.png
97KB, 260x248px
>>386046809
>I know

I was about to write some shit about power armour but writing the post made me legit angry and I got distracted
>>
>>386031293
Pretty much undo all the things from fallout 4 with the exception of power armor crafting/modifying
>>
>>386031293
I don't want to see any more fallout games

the universe was never good or interesting, and bethesda has made it even worse by focusing on the 50s shit, which was not the aesthetic of the original games.
>>
>>386047196
replying to replies is like hunting Moby-Dick. actually I'm pretty sure Herman Melville wrote that book with 4chan in mind.
>>
more rpg elements like fallout 2 or even new vegas

no voice protagonist

maybe a hawaiian setting would be neat
>>
>>386047204
It fucking INFURIATES me how much they fucked up Power Armor in 4.
>>
>>386047381
"I don't like what you like so you can't have anything more of what I don't like"
>>
Being able to breach doors with bombs, fallout 2 had that, and being able to kill NPCS, i fucking hate having to disable characters with the console.
>>
File: 1501548058444[1].png (35KB, 1000x595px) Image search: [Google]
1501548058444[1].png
35KB, 1000x595px
anybody else looking forward to this?
>Seattle
>brings back skill system
>speech checks are back
>rebalanced enemies
>no more borderlands loot and shoot bs
they are actually fixing all of F4
>>
>>386047626
It's done. The universe isn't interesting. It's played out.
>>
>>386035232
3 tried to be a RPG
4 basicly gave up
>>
>>386047863
Is this confirmed ? i hope the skill checks are hidden, the new vegas skillchecks were too easy.
>>
>>386035232
>>
>>386047496
That novel never made sense to me until just now when you said that to me.
>>
ACTUAL UNIQUE WEAPONS AND NOT JUST "UNIQUE" WEAPONS THAT ARE THE SAME AS NORMAL WEAPONS WITH SHITTY PREFIXES LIKE SOME BORDERLANDS BULLSHIT.
>>
>>386047196
Doesn't matter, you're desperately trying to save face for your fellow Obsidrones
>>
>>386047736
Add to that more generic locations , I hated to had to depend of mods to access to basic locations , I have to mention how limited DC was in Fallout 3 ? You literally can't access most of the buildings , entering Dukovs place was so out of place since everything around the place was blocked
>>
File: 1457686093746.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1457686093746.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>386047541
I'd rather have a Canadian nuclear winter.

>Vikings raiders
>survival mode have to worry about radiation AND cold
>mutated timber wolf Dogmeat.

or maybe a Scandinavian winter wonderland.
>all the niggers freeze to death
>>
>>386031293
They'll have to repeat what they did with Fallout Tactics - consider 3 and 4 essentially a separate universe take on the same basic idea, with 1, 2, New Vegas and the next game (hopefully) forming one universe with 3 and 4 with Tactics in another camp.

Short of flat-out retconning Fallout 4 almost entirely, it's impossible to get past it. Now, as for what can be done...

Technical:
-Go into the engine and rip out the dialog limitations
-Revise the renderer to make more intelligent use of system resources
-Rebuild memory allocation on more efficient lines to allow for faster and more reliable build-up and tear-down of resources for purposes of loading, saving, entering and exiting areas. Ideally something like The Witcher 3's ability to go anywhere without needing hard zone loads should be the goal. If that's not possible, keep hard loads to a minimum through design.
-Design some kind of built-in sanity check for scripts. The game uses them constantly and the game still not shipping with one is ridiculous.

Design:
-Ditch the voiced protagonist
-Stop letting people who know nothing about firearms design guns for the games
-Rebuild melee combat into a complete system in or out of VATS
-Allow the player to decouple multipurpose binds
-Throw away VATS or redesign how it works.
-Bring back skill and skillcheck systems for dialogue, quests, crafting, and other in-world opportunities like disabling traps - use New Vegas' standard and build from there. Ideally the range and depth of support for multiple builds should rival Deus Ex or System Shock 2.
-Bring back a level cap.
-Limit the number of character improvement coupons the player can have across the board.
-Bring back ammo switching and the understanding of how ammunition works that New Vegas' version of it implied. .308 SLAP ammo should be viable through the end of the game.
-No more level scaling. Hand-place encounters and put them in places that make sense, speaking of which...
(cont.)
>>
File: falloutvaultboythumbsup.jpg (118KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
falloutvaultboythumbsup.jpg
118KB, 600x450px
help an anon out.
I haven't FO4 played the game since release, downloading now.
What tips have you got for me.
What is the best way to spend special?
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>386048152
Not true
>>
Does F4 have DLC like 3 or NV? I saw the create your own shelter dumb shit, not counting that.
>>
File: AreYouSerious.png (31KB, 511x517px) Image search: [Google]
AreYouSerious.png
31KB, 511x517px
>>386047863
Give me some more details about that anon, because it sounds too good to be true
>>
>>386048517
It has two and supposedly the latter one fucks up the base game if you complete it.
>>
>>386048517
no, they just decided not to make millions of extra dollars. no dlc at all. retard.
>>
File: 1432537775400.png (156KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1432537775400.png
156KB, 500x450px
>fallout 3
>"lol supermutants are orcs now"

>fallout 4
>"lol supermutants are orcs now"

>fallout 3
>generic mercs that are always hostile for no reason

>fallout 4
>generic mercs that are always hostile for no reason

>fallout 3
>"my daughter ran away to this spooky swamp island with cultists go get her!"

>fallout 4
>"my daughter ran away to this spooky swamp island with cultists go get her!"

>fallout 3
>watch this robot kill everything for you and also get stuck in terrain isn't this a good climax?

>fallout 4
>watch this robot kill everything for you and also get stuck in terrain isn't this a good climax?
>>
>>386048582
Take a look
http://www.falloutcascadia.com
>>
>>386048598
ah, that's funny.
>>386048695
>reading comprehension
>>
>>386048721
>Look at the "Team" page
>a bunch of cucks and memers
and there went all my excitement, I'll be surprised if it ever actually comes out
>>
File: rubbing-temples.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rubbing-temples.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
>>386048412
you're going to want to consult the SPECIAL chart before allocating any points because there are some bullshit perks who will lock you out of a good portion of the game if you don't get them, mostly the "Local Leader" perk or whatever its called

make the most of what Todd gave you install as many mods as possible. Avoid the main quest line like poison or you will spend a day and a half rubbing your temples.
>>
>>386031293
Scrap any world building stuff.

Dialogue options displayed full in text, no attitude wheel garbage. Make characters deliver subtitled speech which is easy to get through. Don't make the player character speak their lines, make dialogue economic so players don't skip it or find it tiresome.

A good story, obviously. What kind of uncreative retard makes a new faction which develops androids in a sci fi setting and calls it "The Institute"

Quick to get into. No cinematic bullshit which forces you to slow walk for thirty minutes before you can play.

More people to talk to, more settlements. More quests. More detail generally.

Remove sneak attacks related to sniping, make enemies less damage spongy, avoid letting them throw grenades which detonate on impact and wipe out half your health unreactably. The armor system has consistently encouraged players to spend most of the game using a hunting rifle.

Design enemies which are not cancerous to fight outside of VATS. The game has survival elements, nobody wants to waste ammo, please make enemies which do a better job of staying still, it's annoying as fuck to play on console. Nobody enjoys fighting bloatflies
>>
>>386031293
Detroit is the next logical setting, it can heavily feature the Detroit War Arsenal, maybe nuke silos to explore out on the outskirts of the city too, I dont think Fallout 3 or 4 even had nuke silos despite being about nuclear warfare and aftermath.
>>
>>386031293
Dialogue wheel has to go. In fact, drop dialogue all together. Make the wasteland a true wasteland for once. Not multiple populated cities with their own fucking newspapers. Large fucking wastes littered with rotten trash everywhere, tidbits of dying life and useless broken garbage. Maybe you'll see less than 50 other humans throughout the game, the rest are mutants and mutated monsters slowly dying of cancer and lack of food. You should be able to walk for miles without seeing shit but dust and sand then die of dehydration and radiation. All the vaults are dead and buried, collapsed and humanity has ended. Your mission could be to find God in the wastes, and ask him why he betrayed his children. Maybe you grew up in the last surviving caveman tribe deep underground, and they are all dying too and you were banished to die in the wastes for being a useless faggot. The ending you could maybe find some garden of Eden kit and you can choose to smash it. Maybe the God you find is some sort of machine AI who doesn't give a shit about you and you pull the plug, everybody does the end.
>>
I'm still down for Communist Cuba to be a faction attacking Florida. Also they wasted Nuka World on FO4. Would have been much better in a Florida setting.

I guess the next step for the franchise is to go north to the Great Lakes area. (kind of cheating seeing as how it's already an infrastructure dystopia, but oh well)
>>
>>386047863
>This and NV Frontier are all to look forward to from Fallout now

Say what you want about Beth, they allowed for great mods to be made. Until the paid dlc shit proves profitable.
>>
>>386048721
Shit if that actually ever comes out, I might pick up Fallout4 just because of it
>>
>>386049516
Great mods like Honest Hearts Reborn.
>>
>>386049516
Its interesting that both large total conversion mods are set in the PNW, can't wait for Cascadia, meanwhile Frontier is close to release.
>>
>>386036293
>One thing that's actually real good in FO4 is the level design of the dungeons and some levels in the DLC
Strongly agree. Fallout 4 did dungeons better than any other Bethesda game.
>>
>>386031293
Dragon shouting and more badly-executed set pieces
>>
File: vulpes nipton.jpg (91KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
vulpes nipton.jpg
91KB, 1152x720px
I'd just like to let you guys know that the town of Nipton has been bought by a cannabis company with the intention of making it a tourist town based entirely around doing drugs and shit. Yes, in real life.

We're gonna have a real life L O T T E R Y at some point, I can feel it.
>>
>>386042645
You're one of the most blatantly obvious shills I've seen in a while. Nice job.
>>
File: 1489881644481.jpg (6KB, 285x285px)
1489881644481.jpg
6KB, 285x285px
>>386049582
>Honest Hearts Reborn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX8SgwF5X9M
>21:26
quality
>>
>>386049357
>Design enemies which are not cancerous to fight outside of VATS. The game has survival elements, nobody wants to waste ammo, please make enemies which do a better job of staying still, it's annoying as fuck to play on console. Nobody enjoys fighting bloatflies

From one consolefag to another, git fucking gud. The AI is stupidly predicable, they'll run to the nearest cover and take pop shots or charge you if they have melee. Bloatflies bob up and down in mostly the same pattern, if your not a shitter this is easy to hit.
>>
>>386041639
Fallout 4 made me feel this way. I had no fucking faith people had anything worth saying, so eventually I just started mashing X and attacking people
>>
>>386048306
-Build a world that makes sense. Be attentive to the kinds of problems a particular thing must solve. For example don't have everyone bunker down in an area and then surround it with threats that should be able to smash their way through without so much as slowing down.
-Build a key conflict for your central narrative that makes sense in context.
-In context also includes the larger setting.
-Not all problems are knowledge problems, some problems arise out of economics, others out of engineering, politics, cultural norms or other circumstances. Take it all into account.
-The world and its inhabitants should not revolve around the player, nor should the story.
-If Hardcore is to make a comeback it should be a mode, not a difficulty.
-Plan for whatever changes you have in mind.
-Save-on-rest only is a dumb mechanic, don't do that shit again.
-Hiding skill functions behind magazines is stupid. Don't do that shit again either.
UI/UX:
-Redesign the whole Pip-Boy interface to be more keyboard and mouse friendly and use screen real estate better. Because it's not free real estate and wasting it is inexcusable.
-Stop making it a wrist-mounted computer, instead a PDA (as the originals were) works just as well, allows you to redesign screen size if needed and doesn't interfere with armor and clothing designs.
-An idea from Van Buren which never got used: make the Pip-Boy fairly barebones at first and have the player unlock, add, or enable functions by getting to them in the game world.
-Diegesis is a luxury, not a necessity, if good UI/UX and diegetic design conflict, throw the diegetic elements out for something that works better.
-Ditch quest markers and nav beacons unless they're internally justified in that particular quest. Write dialog and log entries which allow a person to figure it out without needing them in the first place.
>>
>>386044079
>explosives can be used to blast locks so you don't need to pick lockpicking on every character

>a secondary option that's quicker and probably takes less skill points, but has enough drawbacks(in this case, you can't stealthily blow a lock off a door, so it ruins any sneaky approach) where it's not flat-out better than doing it "normally"
I could get behind that.
>>
>>386050230
I was mostly thinking of Ghouls spazzing out, honestly. It's so much more economical to kill them by getting a shotgun and VATSing their head. Raiders and other humans are fine.
>>
>>386037325
Don't you fuckin start
>>
>>386044079
>keep the 50s motif to a minimum
The 50s stuff is so unfunny it's apalling
>>
>>386044395
Or what about HORSES? They would've been great in New Vegas
>>
File: 1447269072525.jpg (40KB, 468x391px)
1447269072525.jpg
40KB, 468x391px
>>386049438
I like it. could be set days after the bombs fell. forcing you to go the ghoul route.

>late game suddenly a vault bursts open, smooth-skins flood the scene and immediately start fucking you over

>for players that want to be human for cosmetic reasons you can but "going smooth" ain't pretty. a whole Ed Gein story line.
>>
>>386050440
Again git gud, they have a predictable distance of lunging and weave in the same pattern when approaching if you're shooting at them. Learn to fucking aim or just use a shotgun and quit trying to make every game retard level easy just because you suck.
>>
>>386031293
I want anybody but Bethesda to work on it
>>
>>386049331
>Local Leader
this is the one thing I remember, you need 6 charisma, so I guess 6 charisma first on the special.
Bullshit, but you need it for the settlements to get workers to travel to and from settlements to share space and resources.
>>
>>386050647
They're extinct
>>
>>386050543
Start what? Fallout 3/NV/4 all are saturated with the obnoxious MUH FIFTIES shit. Just because 1 and 2 had 50's songs in the intros doesn't mean they need to be shoved into the whole fucking game
>>
>>386050831
Some kinda mutant shit then. Hell, let you ride bighorners or something. Those caravans would look much more impressive if the guards and merchants were mounted.
>>
New Vegas 2
>>
>>386050963
The aesthetics have always been '50s future gone wrong', including in the first two games.
>>
>>386051127
Don't
>>
>>386050289
you already know that last point won't fly nowadays
>>
>>386051067
They explicitly say why you can't ride a bighorner.
>>
File: file.png (34KB, 1024x274px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
34KB, 1024x274px
>>386050759
your wish is my command.
>>
I know it's cliche as hell by this point, but I honestly would like to see what amounts to Fallout: Mad Max. Going full Road Warrior with nuclear-powered cars sounds fun as fuck, especially if you can build and customise your own rides.

I know it will never, ever happen though.
>>
>>386050734
Fuck you dude

It's a legitimate issue with the game when VATS is about twice as effective as not using VATS. I'm not going to git gud at console shooters because nothing could matter less, it's still annoying to make enemies which lunge twenty feet in a couple seconds and which spaz around in a game with ammunition management.
>>
>>386051127
its being made by fans
>>
>>386035232
Not him, but I was the only one that really really missed the large amounts of unique weapons and items?

Sure they're a carrot on a stick but they're a carrot on a stick I really, really liked. Not to mention because of how in depth the upgrade system in FO4 is, you find a weird weapon or a new weapon and you're not like "oh sick" you're like "this is useless until I can get it to a workbench" most of the time.

I really really hated how they made loot entirely random for the most part in 4 because most of the time you found spare parts, bad guns, and some resources- and I already had plenty of all of those. You find a unique weapon and no matter what you're like "oh shit, what's this?" Even the shitty ones, like the prototype chinese pistol that fired incendiary bullets were neat, at the very least.

It makes it even cooler when there's lore behind the weapons and where you find them. You find an unending Fat Man in a raider's trunk and sure it's neat but you're like "what the fuck"

You find a modified .44 magnum that shoots grenades in a tinkerer's workshop deep underground after reading some notes about his latest build and you're like "oh shit, this is what he was talking about." NV took it a step further and gave the guns actually unique models to match their unique function.

Of course there's also stuff like "FO3 actually put skills and RPG mechanics into account and has more than like two hub towns" but the lack of unique weapons in 4 honestly soured the experience for me.
>>
>>386051180
Have you even played the first 2 games? Literally the only times where any of that shit was shown was in the intros before the games first cutscene.
>>
>>386050130
>dubbing over joshua's voice actor

to what end?
>>
File: 1501518221487.jpg (24KB, 353x269px) Image search: [Google]
1501518221487.jpg
24KB, 353x269px
>>386051379
Well then you shouldn't play console shooters if you're not going to do the one thing they require you to.
Also
>a game with ammunition management.
I didn't realize you were retarded, two points into the scrounger perk and you're fucking drowning in ammo dipshit. Hell even without it you find enough to sell and buy enough ammo to where it's a fucking moot point.

This is why people hate most consolefags, babies like you that demand everything be dumb down because you're a shitter who doesn't want to get better at a core part of a game.
>>
>>386037325
I am happy to see someone else sharing this opinion. That whole "muh fifties" thing is really obnoxious and tasteless.
>>
>>386031293
I want anyone besides Bethesda to make it, and it doesn't have to be obsidian. After skyrim and fo4 I have lost all faith in their ability to make a good rpg.
>>
>>386052296
not that guy but I really liked muh fifties

for like an hour then it got stale
>>
>>386031293
>location
I'm a biased faggot but New York would be nice. Not NYC, but upstate. Massive, withered pine forests, highways plagued and controlled by bandits, sparse civilizations carved out from the ruins of the old prisons, caravans roaming up and down the old highways looking to hire on protection from bandits, mutated mountain lions, the works. Hell, you could even have some conflict with whatever's left of Canada to the north.
>improvements
Voiced protagonist has got to fucking go. Full stop, it was an awful system that half killed roleplaying, the fact that your character already had an established, fleshed-out backstory killing the other half. Text dialogue choices worked perfectly fine before this.
Scrap gamebryo, for fuck's sake. It's already proven to be holding Bethesda back a million times over since they can't even add basic features like fucking ladders and vehicles. I know, "but muh mods", but there's no reason they can't find another program to make these games that doesn't suck shit and allows modding, and even if they don't I'd rather have a functional fucking game from the start than pay full price for a broken game and then waiting six months for modders to fix it for Bethesda for free. It's fucking lazy and pathetic.
Ditch the talent tree shit too while we're at it and go back to the old SPECIAL and perks system.
>>
>>386052763
But anon, they're now having modders make content for them so get used to gamebryo, because if it's even half successful they're not going to change a damn thing when they can rake in extra cash from consoletards.
>>
File: knife vs bat.png (291KB, 412x400px) Image search: [Google]
knife vs bat.png
291KB, 412x400px
More advanced melee using AI. Guns are guns, melee weapons deserve more love. No more swing block swing from AI, maybe have them block VATS melee hits.
>>
>>386052763
New York is an irradiated shithole crawling with ghouls and super mutants.
>>
>>386053452
EY, I'M GHOULIN' OVER HERE
>>
>>386053783
Goddammit. That's so stupid it may actually happen if New York is ever a thing.
>>
>>386053452
NYC for sure, but the rest of the state may have survived.
>>
File: frasier.png (378KB, 914x764px) Image search: [Google]
frasier.png
378KB, 914x764px
>>386031293
longer nights in the day night cycle
give me some precipitation
more spooky scary
keep up with the big ass buildings
build your own gang if you want.
let me have a dog and a companion
let cities build themselves over time if you bring them the supplies.
housing (NOT CITY) system like saits row 2 (progressively sweeter safe houses)
please don't have my character talk
loved the crafting/cooking system but let me straight up make my own guns (Like you do with chems)

you can have fraiser's advice radio show as one of the channels and his sick ass apartment.
>>
File: 1326926912909.jpg (142KB, 619x470px) Image search: [Google]
1326926912909.jpg
142KB, 619x470px
A challenge
How would you make a Bethesda styled open world game?
Hard mode: The settlements must be realistically spaced apart, or at least not a mild stroll away.
No, you can't do the Fallout 1, 2 and Mount & Blade style of moving across the map
>>
>>386031293
I just want a shit ton of RPG character building and branching complex dialogue to make a return.
>>
Just a complete overhaul of whatever you were doing in the last two Bethesda games. They're so different from what makes a good Fallout game, and really, what makes a good post-apocalyptic story that you'd need to pretty much have every single person working higher up on the games to have an epiphany simultaneously.

I'd start off by giving the player the most agency in the story. And not sucking the player character off as a messiah figure. No family members.
There's more, but the player character jumps out as a big one.
>>
>>386043256
This wouldn't happen, 227x was the farthest the series has been set in the future and the events of NV would mean that a prequel would mean obvious retcons and a sequal would mean choosing a cannon ending - something the fallout series should stay away from because it isn't based around an overarching plot but independent stories of human conflict in the post apocalypse.

Personally I would like a Texas or Midwest setting
>>
>>386031293
I want to make a tooth neckles from the teeth of my enemies.
>>
>>386047932
More like because the series has explored like, 2 settings.
One of which was an awful idea and made no sense according to in game lore
>>
>>386047863
It looks far too much like Fallout 4
Its really hard to convince me that there are major factions in the world when they cant even bother to clean the roads
>>
>>386035996
You should be put against a wall and shot. Fkn freak.
>>
if bethesda did one thing right with fallout 4, it was immersion. Although mods did most of the heavy lifting, Fallout 4 is very enjoyable if you forget it's a fallout game and play it like a survival simulator.
>>
Didn't care for 4, but 3 is almost my favorite fallout behind 1.
Shame the fanbase is so autistic.
>>
>>386051224
Unfortunately
Console gamers can't use maps
>>
>>386058480
>this is how obsidrones actually react to differing opinions

You would fit in fine on /pol/
>>
>>386059037
>samefagging
>>
>>386050734
>>386051379
Someone who played on PC with a controller here.
I have good aim and I agree that the aiming is sluggish in FO4 and spazzy enemies are annoying as fuck to fight, honestly the shooting wasn't that good in FO4; passable at best if we are being honest
>>
>>386056475
You know I was going to post my idea for a project but I realized how fucking lame it is
Thanks
>>
>>386059105
>so new he can't check for samefag

ayyyy
>>
>>386053783
SHIT B, THAT MOLERAT AIN'T EVEN BIG
>>
>>386059121
>Someone who played on PC with a controller here.

me too. i didnt think it was too sluggish but i found myself going to vats a little more than i wanted. it should be a last resort thing.

i did liket hat it gave you the limb health so you know when you were ready to blow a limb or disarm a hard opponent.
>>
File: 1501462405440.jpg (8KB, 320x180px)
1501462405440.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
>>386036293
Why would they alter their writing staff when their work outsells that of "superior" writers and the only complained about by literally whos rather than any mainstream critic?
>>
>>386036437
>>386060107
>>
I think instead of doing another Fallout, they should just develop a completely new universe around that gameplay style

Obviously they want to tell interesting new stories like the secret androids and Institute shit but they try to cram that into a universe where it doesn't fit in, and at best their target audience doesn't care about old Fallout lore enough to give a fuck, which supports the idea do a new universe that they don't give a fuck about either, but at worst by using the existing IP and doing retcons left and right they upset the original fans and nobody wins
>>
>>386060925
Yeah they should really get that Starfield running, combining TES and Fallout universe in another timeline it's gonna be great Hype Train Woot Woot!
>>
>>386041565
But Bethesda has proven that they don't have any experience with Fallout.
>>
>>386031293
If it's made by Bethesda, I'd rather not see another sequel at all.
>>
File: 1478184709579.jpg (834KB, 2213x2397px) Image search: [Google]
1478184709579.jpg
834KB, 2213x2397px
>>386041565
So you want Bethesda to develop it, then.
>>
I just want a story that isn't terrible, choices that aren't pointless, and characters I can care about.

The base gameplay of Fallout 4 was actually pretty sweet. If you could just revamp the settlement system so it wasn't infuriating and pointless, then redesign the skills/perks system so it wasn't stupid, it'd be a great game.
>>
File: Car.png (42KB, 177x112px)
Car.png
42KB, 177x112px
>>386051654
That's quite a 50's looking car if i do say so myself
>>
cut the shit with bethesda and obsidian.
WE NEED BLACK ISLE BACK.
>>
facebookdotcum/BlackIsleStudios
>>
>>386065974
>>386066235
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.