[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that this is the Zelda with the BEST music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (98KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault (6).jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
Can we all agree that this is the Zelda with the BEST music?
>https://youtu.be/v4ReyoNpyrM
I am just not able to play this game because of it's horrible controls. I wish there would be a way to play this with a normal controller. I guess there never will be.
>>
>>386029316

I know this language is made up but it sounds very beautiful to me at least
>https://youtu.be/KC5kHf58GMI
>>
I thought Skyward Sword's music was okay, but pretty lacking compared to nearly every other Zelda game.
>>
>>386029316
Spirit tracks was better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mnPPOgf000
along with most every other zelda besides BOTW
>>
>>386029316
Never got to finish skyward sword.

I wish there would be a SS HD port for switch with different controls, but I don't think nintendo will ever do it.

:/
>>
>>386029680
different controls and cut handholding and skippable cutscenes and I would give it another chance
>>
>>386029316
Twilight Princess has the best soundtrack of any Zelda game.
>>
BotW's sound direction shits on skyward sword and its awkward overused main theme. Same with TP.
>>
>>386029893
>>386029680
How would they do the sword movement without motion controls?
>>
File: creamsicle.jpg (138KB, 534x484px) Image search: [Google]
creamsicle.jpg
138KB, 534x484px
>>386029650
>best Zelda music
>not OoT

>>386030067
>nothing but "atmospheric" interpretations of songs we've heard a million times before in other games
>Hyrule Castle theme isn't even an original melody, just a compilation of songs from other games
>all the original themes made for the game are repetitive, like the Guardian theme and that one Divine Beast track people love posting when it's only a minute or so long
>>
>>386029316
It's just Zelda's lullaby played backwards though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvnu3syrbYU
>>
>>386030157
Get rid of it and replace with ww/tp/botw sword swipes with button pressing.

I know some enemies/bosses/puzzles require specific vertical/horizontal sword attacks, but that can easily be replaced with traditional combat.

Basically, I'd be okay with a non-motion control version of SS
>>
File: 1500353046909.gif (3MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500353046909.gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>386029316
>>386029680
>>386029893
>>386030531

I hope you all are referring to the occasional need to recalibrate the wiimote and not how the controls actually function, because they're easy enough to grasp.
>>
File: SPW_pic_--_Pandemic_P12.jpg (75KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
SPW_pic_--_Pandemic_P12.jpg
75KB, 639x479px
>>386029650

How is this any good / better? It sounds like pic related.
Japs might have heard those pan flute dudes once and got a boner. There are tracks in Mario Kart 8 that sound like this too. I hate it.
>>
>>386030067

I love BOTW but there is music in it? We have the theme and some sounds here and there. I like that song Kass plays which is probably just the BOTW theme as well I think.
>>
File: 1436464888143.png (384KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436464888143.png
384KB, 640x480px
>>386030917
>not liking pan flute
>>
>>386029316
Overall the music is meh, but it has the best single themes of the series.
Ballad of the Goddess, Staff roll, Ghirahim, Lanayru Harbor and the dragons are GOAT.

>>386029990
No.
>>
>>386030391
I just happen to enjoy leagues more the music in BotW. Reinterpretations of old themes, new themes, incidental piano cues, all of it is several times way better implemented and thought out than last 2 main titles in the franchise. Plus the divine beast themes are fucking Goat and they never get posted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XqKowuTPmH8

And they're fucking dynamic depending on how advanced you are in the puzzles. It boggles me how underappreciated they went being the best pieces in the game.
>>
>>386030642
>not how the controls actually function, because they're easy enough to grasp

Wrong faggot. Because there is no 1:1 motion with things that can actually get knocked back with motion controls, unless you have serious force feedback that can allow that to happen. Newsflash anon: The wiimote has fuck all force feedback.
>>
>>386030531
>get rid of the main feature the whole game is designed around
>"some of the enemies/bosses/puzzles require especific sword attacks"

No dude, most of the game is like that, you'd have to revamp the whole game only to remove the only thing that made it apart from the rest of the franchise in a non-intrinsecally-bad way. The skeleton of the game outside of that has nothing going for it compared to other zelda games, and remaking it into normal controls would be just not worth it. The best option they have would be to map the sword movement to the right joystick ala MGSR but even then im not sure if that would present other problems.
>>
>>386033349
guess we can just have the game remain a stain on zeldas history then
>>
>>386033349
>made it apart from the rest of the franchise in a non-intrinsecally-bad way
>non-intrinsecally-bad

Nah
>>
>>386029316

The controls are fine.
LITERALLY GET GOOD
>>
>>386030454
HOLY SHIT
THATS FUCKING AMAZING
>>
File: 1481204517745.jpg (67KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1481204517745.jpg
67KB, 413x395px
>>386032397
>botw
>good music
>>
>>386029316
I would have to give it to WW, then OoT and BotW. TP, LA, and LoZ are tied for 4th.
>>
>>386033787
It is not. You may prefer regular controls but some people emjoyed the motion controls for what they were. If you dont enjoy motion controls at all then the game is not for you no matter how well its execution is.
>>
>>386031060
It literally has more music than any other Zelda game, friendo.
>>
>>386033984
This.
The only somewhat good ones are
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1vDupMEds4
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ZkklcIfTo
>>
File: Panic-Park-SD.jpg (71KB, 490x653px) Image search: [Google]
Panic-Park-SD.jpg
71KB, 490x653px
>>386034418
>but some people emjoyed the motion controls for what they were

Lol nigger, you can give that same argument for literally everything and it, while technically being true, means fuck all. All it will do is trample whatever praise you give to anything else into the mud.

>nothing is intrinsically bad, because some people enjoy it

>if you don't enjoy motion controls at all

No anon, I like motion controls, the issue with them however was pointed out here: >>386032764

This is the only game that has motion controls so far utilised well, and it's just one of those armwrestling mini-games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaGF4z03UvY
>>
>>386029316
Git gud.
It's not THE best Zelda, but very nice none the less
>>
>>386034432
Except that's not even remotely close to being true, fucking retard
>>
>>386034986

Anon its obvious you dont like "motion controls" or at least the ones that the wii could offer. The wii proved to be an immensely successful motion controls based console, and SS is about the best experience you could get in that regard.

So no, nothing crippingly flawed about motion controls in SS. The reasonable flaws of the game rely on certain decisions toward the execution of how the general pace and structure of the overworld turned out to be in the end. Motion controls were as good as you got in wii games.
>>
>>386035691
>Anon its obvious you dont like "motion controls" or at least the ones that the wii could offer.

No shit. What clued you in? When I literally said that those motion controls sucked?

>proved to be an immensely successful motion controls based console

Because it got sales lol. And McDonalds proves to be an immensely successful restaurant. Despite being fucking garbage. I guess there's nothing flawed about the Big Mac lol.

>Motion controls were as good as you got in wii games.

Wrong. Kororinpa was a good utilisation of the motion controls. This is just shit.
>>
>>386029316
no

this was the best of 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4bHBNXHxGI
>>
>>386035889

>Because it got sales lol.

Yes. Yes it did. And if motion controls not worked good enough, it would have sold shit. But they did work good enough to make fun games, so it was a success.

> food analogies
>this bad

I guess mcdonalds is not a succesful restaurant
I guess it even makes sense to compare the flaws of a fast food chain of restaurants to the ones you can find in videogames.

You see, anon. I understand your point but you make no effort or whatsoever in doing the same for me, plus the food analogies you used are as retarded as they get.

I made my point already, have a good day.
>>
File: wut.jpg (451KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
451KB, 3840x2160px
>>386029316

plebs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-gy2b5TlY
>>
>>386036605
>But they did work good enough to make fun games

And McDonalds works enough to make tasty food (for plebs)

See anon, we're not talking about fucking financial success here, because this isn't /biz/ you stupid cunt. We only care about how fun a game is to play, and a game does not magically become more fun merely because of sales figures. Your point that motion controls are good, just because they are popular with the elderly and the casual, means nothing lol.

>I guess it makes sense to compare flaws of fast food with the ones you find in videogames

Because I'm talking about how tasty SS is lmao. Fucking imbeciles like you can't even understand that we aren't comparing the flaws of fast food, but your fucking stupid point applied to something else, which should be self evident really.

Analogies are used FOR the retarded. Because the retarded obviously can't understand complex concepts, and the concept sales figures not equating quality, while simple, is obviously too difficult for you to understand. And the most retarded people can only understand food lol, hence why I thought a metaphor involving McDonalds was sufficient enough for you to grasp. But I guess not.

>I made my point

Which was shit and irrelevant, probably much like the rest of your life.
>>
>>386029316
It's the best 3D Zelda, period.
>>
>>386037294

Gee all this namecalling sure is convincing me that you understand fun is a subjective concept and that other people may enjoy things that you dont.

Its no use to explain you how i might enjoy motion controls in SS because your apparently autistic brain cant grasp other people having different parameters than yours.

>because im talking about how tasty SS is lmao

Holy shit anon get help. That makes no fucking sense as an arguable matter and I refuse to dive into your retarded comparison.

Im not directly comparing sales figures to quality. The wii proved its quality through its games, and as a result it was successful both in causal titles and not so casual ones. SS was one of the best applications the hardware could ever wish for, and if it managed to be good before it, SS is no different.

And if you cant enjoy a big mac for what it is, then thats just a shame, man.
>>
Is there a more overrated piece of media in existence than Ocarina of Time 3D?
>>
File: 1501471003009.jpg (37KB, 440x386px) Image search: [Google]
1501471003009.jpg
37KB, 440x386px
>tfw SS was my first Zelda
I've gone back and played every other one, and BOTW is probably my favorite (tied with ALBW), but holy shit, this game will always hold a special place in my heart

this music has me cryin desu
>>
>>386038497

How come you didnt play zelda games before? Did you enjoy the ride, anon?
>>
>>386038734
I never really cared about the series. Figured I'd jump in with SS and see what all the hype was about. I loved it. I put 80 hours in my first playthrough (BOTW dwarfed that with 290, but eh).
The ride has been good.
>>
>>386038886
For not caring about the series before you went balls deep and starting with the arguably worst one. I understand other people not being into zelda but you gotta give it to nintendo you dont find these kind of games anymore. Action adventure games with whacky characters are a thing of the past.
>>
>>386038216
>fun is a subjective concept

LMAO retard. It's actually quite straightforward, and if you were to casually mention it to any random on the street they would know what you mean. What varies, is WHAT people find fun, and WHY.

>it's no use to explain to you

Because you have no idea how to explain it. You're too stupid to do so, and now you're just posturing as a means of saving some face. On an anonymous imageboard no less, as if you didn't seem stupid enough. What happened to that goodbye you posted earlier?

>you can't enjoy it for what it is

You are a lol factory. No shit I can't enjoy it for "what it is", because I've eaten way better burgers than that shit, let alone better food completely. Maybe if I was starving to death somehow in a desert and a Big Mac floated down from the sky like god himself was giving me the gift of food, I'd ravenously eat it and enjoy the fuck out of it because there's nothing else I could eat. You'd have to be literally brain dead with no memories of the past or expectation for the future to enjoy anything for what it is.

For sure I know that you aren't capable of providing an argument for why the motion controls in SS were good, because you'd have done it by now, instead of merely calling it good and a success and the best application of motion controls or whatever the fuck. Anyway peace out faggot, I look forward to reading whatever rubbish you're going to try to write in response to this.
>>
>>386039215

Okay dude, i liked the motion controls because waving around the sword and items in an organic way helped with immersion and gave enemies and puzzles another dimension that the rest of zelda games lack. Also any problems with syncronisation i could find, were not often enough so i would find it annoying. As a result of these factors and others i may not recall right now, i could say i enjoyed the damn motion controls.
Im sorry if i ommited this explanation because honestly, anon, i dont think its going to make a difference in you thinking the motion controls are shit. Because tastes and stuff.

>faggot
>retard
>lmao
>stick so far up his ass he cant enjoy a big mac

The only lolfactory in here is you, shitposter-kun.
>>
>>386030067

problem with botw is the music is just too fucking low in the mix.

WHY is there no bgm/sfx slider for fuck's sake. you can't hear half the instruments
>>
>>386029316
The controls in Skyward Sword aren't the problem. It was the painful linearity and repetitiveness that was the problem. As for best music, I actually think all the previous 3D Zelda's beat it.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.