[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, the cricket things were humans, Some magic egg makes you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 13

File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
So, the cricket things were humans, Some magic egg makes you travel in time, the "dark soul" is somehow important even though I still don't know what it is, and I helped a girl make the painting where I just slaughtered her mad uncle.

Okay? Was there any real point to this?

Also, Dark Souls, thread, whatever.
>>
forget the story wasnt it HARD???
>>
>>386027812
The "story" of dark souls is actually just nonsense that fans attempt to make headcanon out of.
>>
the cycle is finally broken and there will be no new rebirth of the world

with the dark soul the painter gril can make a new painting for a few to reside in while the world outside crumbles and dies
>>
>>386028334

>the cycle is finally broken and there will be no new rebirth of the world

Nah, I linked the fire, so they're good.

>with the dark soul the painter gril can make a new painting for a few to reside in while the world outside crumbles and dies

So where did I fight Gael, and...why?
>>
>>386027938

This.

>A fine dark soul to you!

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>386028545
> I linked the fire, so

NOT CANON
>>
>>386027812

Honestly, none of the game made any fucking sense. Dark Souls 1 was really simple, and had little side stories, but this was just fucking shit. Not a single thing made sense, and the DLCs were weird little deus ex machina things....that also didn't make sense.
>>
>Your Dark Souls 3 TM The Fire Fades Edition, give it to me!
Fromsoft get your act together.
>>
>>386028621

Linking the fire is always the canon ending
>>
>>386028812
not now it isn't
>>
>>386027812
>play the first game
>it's awesome
>link the fire and save the world, like a good boy

>play the second game
>it's..different
>leave with Aldia to find a cure, like a good boy

>play the third game
>it's ass
>usurp the fire, and knob Yuria in the ass as the world falls into darkness, because I don't give a shit any more
>>
>>386028973
prrrrooooffffffff
>>
>>386029054
>knob yuria
>not menage
I don't know what happens to the other women because I haven't done the usurp ending yet, literally working on it right now, but I don't do waifus when there are potential harems.
>>
>>386029841

What, Anri? Eh, I went off her after a while.
>>
>>386030004
Her, the witch, the miracle chic, the firekeeper, etc. I'm assuming Anri isn't permanently dead after the "wedding"
>>
>>386030171

I think she is, but apparently, you can maybe see her in the ending, if you squint really hard. I don't see it myself though
>>
>>386029054
Are you me?
>>
>>386030516

Yes, Stephen. I am you.
>>
The first one had a simple story and some character side storys like Siegmeyer and Arotrias.
The second has a bit more complex (and better) story and also tells it a lot better than the other entries. Side storys were a bit shit though.
I don't really get or care to get what is happening in Dark Souls 3. I like the tale of Gael a lot though.

The different storys of the characters are the only good things in these games. The main plot if you can call it that is pretty bad.
>>
>>386027812
isn't the dark soul the soul of the curitiba pygmy?
Kaathe talks about it in dark souls 1
It's kind of implied that the furniture pygmy is the ancestor of all humans
>>
File: 1492637363185.gif (2MB, 392x260px) Image search: [Google]
1492637363185.gif
2MB, 392x260px
>>386031084
>curitiba pygmy
>>
>>386028334
How does the painting world survive, if the painting is destroyed with the world it was created in?
The reason Ariandel is rotting, is because the actual painting is rotting. So if we burn the world, then surely the painting within it must be burnt as well.
>>
>>386031084

>isn't the dark soul the soul of the curitiba pygmy?

Nope. Gael has it. Which is weird, because he seemed to want to take it from me.
>>
>>386031394
Wasn't it stated as early as DS1 that Humanity is fragments of the Dark Soul?
>>
I enjoyed Dark souls 3, yet I have absolutely no fucking idea what it was about. I only knew everyone kept calling me unkindled or some shit... I dunno I wasn't really paying attention and it didn't seem important
>>
>>386031505
There's no Humanity in DS3...
>>
>game is about the dark soul
>Remove humanity which has been established as quite literally being fragments of the dark soul
Wow, brilliant design decision.
People make fun of dark souls 2 and while it's true the gameplay was trash, it at least had a coherent story. None of the other games had that
>>
>>386031597
Yes there is. If you open your butthole you start losing at, and hollow.
>>
Are there any connections between Bloodborne and Dark Souls besides Marvellous Chester?

When I first saw Watchdog of the Old Lords I immediately thought of the lords from Dark Souls 1. It made sense to me that a Watchdog of those lords would be completely covered in fire.

When I read about the Deep I thought about Kosm washing up from the ocean.
>>
>>386031640
Well I guess you could see it that way.
>>
>>386031663
the symbol for Aldritch's covenant thing also appears on one of Bloodborne's runes
>>
>>386031663
After the world ends, Aldritch's vision of the age of the deep sea comes to pass and it gives birth to the world of bloodborne
>>
>>386028587
He was being sarcastic. He knew that there was no fucking way the Dark Soul would still be around so he was peacing out.
>>
File: 62426335_p0.jpg (726KB, 1500x1082px) Image search: [Google]
62426335_p0.jpg
726KB, 1500x1082px
>>386027812
The entirety of DS3's DLC is a commentary on sequels and the greed of publishers

The painted world being burned away and remade is equivalent to FromSoft making only one game for a series before starting over again for its sequel, like Demon's Souls to Dark Souls and Dark Souls 1 to Bloodborne. Namco Bandai signed From into making two sequels to DS1 after the massive success it had, but that goes against what From normally does, and DS1 was meant to be its own standalone game rather than a series

Ariandel, the painter, could represent FromSoft, chained to a chair in the basement constantly letting his own blood in order to sate the Flame and Friede, or the demand of the publishers. The unnamed girl painter who wants to make a new world is Miyazaki, hoping to use the Dark Soul as a pigment/basis for her new world

Gael is a bit of a tricky one, but I think he's supposed to represent the players. He's been around since the beginning of time whereas the player (ideally) has been with Dark Souls since the first game. He's willing to go to the ends of the earth to complete his task, even if it means killing everything and anyone in order to achieve the true Dark Soul, which isn't unlike players going out of their way to uncover every secret the game has, even when there might not be an answer or resolution for it. Ashes of Ariandel even highlights this with the speech by Vilhelm at the church, calling players out for constantly seeking for answers that don't exist

When you finally do kill Gael, you get the lumpy, tattered remains of the Dark Soul, a representation of the series in its current state. By handing these remnants to the painter, she thanks you and says she will paint a new world in your honor, a small thank you by Miyazaki and the team for supporting them throughout the three games. You're literally letting go of the Dark Soul(s series) to make way for a new world, or in this case a new game

tl;dr it's all metaphors
>>
File: 1500751276787.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500751276787.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>>386032171
>>386032191
>intro cutscene shows Aldritch as some kind of lovecraftian slime monster
>meet him in game
>looks like a mass of plug hair with a PS1-tier model of Gwyndolin stuck on it wielding a dragon dildo on the end of a stick
>>
>>386028780
Actually DS1 has a lot of back story but yes, it wasn't as complicated if you actually listened to the dialog and watched the beginning. But still, games should not be that complicated to grasp.
>>
>>386033376
>The entirety of DS3's DLC is a commentary on sequels and the greed of publishers

So why did they charge me 60 dollars, then a further 40 dollars for DLC just so I could have them give me a commentary on how greedy they are?
>>
>>386033376
>Ariandel, the painter, could represent FromSoft, chained to a chair in the basement constantly letting his own blood in order to sate the Flame and Friede, or the demand of the publishers.

Fromsoft isn't being forced to do anything. They love the heaps of cash that we throw at them.

FromSoft wasn't forced to make things they weren't passionate about. Same goes for Kojima. Its all about the $$$
>>
>>386033927
They more than likely had a contract to make Dark Souls 2 and 3.
>>
>>386033623
Publishers =/= Developers, the publisher usually dictates how much the game and its DLC will cost
>>
>>386033376
Shame they couldn't have just made games that people enjoyed, and remembered fondly for being good.

If I was a games dev, I would be GLAD if someone commissioned me to make a trilogy of games.
>>
>>386033994
And they made so much money from both games

poor FromSoftware )=
>>
>>386031663
The guy that gives you 5 cracked red eyes orbs is a refernce to bloodborne i guess
>>
>>386027812
The DLC was meant to tie up loose ends.

The cricket things were just crickets that sounded/looked like humans. The noises they make ("Let the feat begin") isn't a real language, only a cricket call.

Filianore was maintaining the illusion of time.

Uncle Gael was collecting the Dark Soul to use as pigment for a new painted world.
>>
The less sense a story makes, the more faggots and contrarians love it.

DS has good atmosphere, which is subjective. That's all.
>>
>>386033927
You need money to live. If they don't do what their bosses want, they'd be out of a job.
>>
>>386030338
Yeah there's someone wearing the elite Knight armor who bows as well
You can put two and two together
>>
>>386027919
>>386027812
The story it's hard to grasp because it's Dark Souls of storytelling
>>
the board was collectively creaming themselves over this game a year ago despite the no poise meme, and now everyone hates the game

never change
>>
>>386034138
There's a difference between commissioning a trilogy and adding on two story sequels when the first game was self-contained
>>
File: 1500749541674.png (129KB, 385x334px) Image search: [Google]
1500749541674.png
129KB, 385x334px
I like Gael because he's another giant badass who got shit done through perseverance and raw skill
I kinda liked the story of the base game but the side stories are where ds3 shine. Who cares about the dlc though
>>
File: Awooooo.jpg (53KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Awooooo.jpg
53KB, 500x333px
>>386033376
None of this was even considered by the dev team. This is your own stupid 2deep4u headcanon.
The truth is that there is no deeper meaning to dark souls. It's a bunch of vague shit to make you write your own story in your head.
>>
>>386034386
Are you saying that its not specifically a metaphor for FromSoftware, but for everyone who needs to work to make a living?
>>
>>386034308
>The DLC was meant to tie up loose ends.
So why didn't it? Why did it make more?
>The noises they make ("Let the feat begin") isn't a real language, only a cricket call
What? No..that's English. They're talking, not making cricket noises.
>Filianore was maintaining the illusion of time.
How was I supposed to know this?
>Uncle Gael was collecting the Dark Soul to use as pigment for a new painted world.
Why? Who is he? Why was he wandering about at the end of time? Why was some literal who the final final boss?
>>
File: 1455064375711.jpg (6KB, 192x217px) Image search: [Google]
1455064375711.jpg
6KB, 192x217px
>>386034430
Honeymoon phase finally wearing off. Game was always shit, the plebs just took a while to stop nutting over fanservice and look at the game objectively.
>>
>>386034669
Even if that's true, sometimes the stories, etc. that are designed to have no meaning at all end up having the most meaning because they come straight from the unconscious.
>>
>>386027812
You recovered the Dark Soul so a new world could be created, breaking the cycle of flame
>>
>>386027938
Old and busted meme. Try again sweetie.
>>
I don't even care that the story is shit. Killing shit is fun in these games.
>>
File: 1501688960587.png (459KB, 713x890px) Image search: [Google]
1501688960587.png
459KB, 713x890px
>>386035354
This
Don't need a lore justification for murdering bosses
Shits fun
>>
>>386027812
DaS1 felt like there was a coherent story that was deliberately obfuscated for roleplay reasons (you are a nobody, why would anyone bother explain shit to you). DaS2 and DaS3 they cobbled together some nonsense and called it story. Bloodborne on the other hand was much tighter.
>>
>>386035563
Who is the player hunter in bloodborne? Why does he know about paleblood?
>>
>>386029105
Fear not, the dark, my friend.
>>
Dark souls 1:age of fire and how it gets fucked up.
Ds2. Age of dark and how it dindu nothing.
Ds3. End the cycles by giving pale painter dark soul and flame. They're "pigments" for the new world and everyone can escape the cycles. Paint a new painting in that one and the one after Etc.

That's how I viewed the games but I could be very wrong
>>
>>386036014
>paint a painting
>painting rots
>paint a painting to escape the painting you're in
>painting still rots, rotting the painting and the painting you're in, too
>>
>>386027938
>I'm not forced into cutscenes unneededly and instead only ever happens to introduce a boss so have to get all my exposition through item descriptions and things NPCs say in passing.
>Too retarded to grasp the story despite it literally being written out for you to pour over as much as you need
>>
>>386036258

>Too retarded to grasp the story despite it literally being written out for you to pour over as much as you need

cool. explain what "the deep" is
>>
>>386036014
I don't understand this painting shit. Why would they be able to escape the world through a painting? The painting is still going to physically exist in the dying world and will eventually be destroyed. It's like escaping an imploding sun by building a bomb shelter.
>>
>>386036258
Throwaway item descriptions that get rewritten every patch because of lore inconsistencies does not a good story make
>>
>>386036475

Nigger, they could just build a new bomb shelter under the bomb shelter. That'll do it.
>>
>>386035735
He is a foreigner suffering from a horrible illness, and he has heard that paleblood, a possible cure-all, can be found in Yharnam.
>>
>>386034430
give it a year or two and they'll come back round to loving it, like they did with ds2
I always liked ds2 but with how people talked about it when it came out and the following years until 3 came out you think it'd murdered everyone's collective grandmothers despite being pretty much the same to the other games, having the most basic of issues that only affected pvp (which is for try hard assholes)
>>
File: big bro.png (832KB, 941x1920px) Image search: [Google]
big bro.png
832KB, 941x1920px
>>386036385
not them but IIRC
>Deep is a different subset of Dark
>human dregs are connected to Humanity but considered separate from the 'soul' part of it
>something to do with the lowest human nature, which explains why the cathedral is so fucked
I'm sure there's better explanations online but this is just what I remember from in-game
>>
>>386036896
>like they did with ds2

Literally never happened.
>>
>>386036475
Of course it doesn't make sense. Dark souls has this clever writing style where they keel everything really vague on purpose because if they actually wrote a whole story then people would tear it to shreds for being inconsistent and mired with plot holes.
As it stands now, the actual 'story' is a collective of references to other media. The entire ringed city dlc story was outright plagiarized from an old Japanese movie.
Anyway, the end goal of this piece meal barebones writing is it gives the community just enough to speculate and write fanfiction for themselves which distracts from the non-existent plot
>>
>>386037159
That's right
>>
>>386034952
LMAO
>>
>>386037159
Cool now explain the giants in the Cathedral.
>>
>>386038754
What's there to explain? They're giants, Pontiff has them enslaved and he's working with Aldrich
>>
>>386039205
>enslaving giants to shit their runny wet diarrhea turds all over the floor of your cathedral
I mean, if you need to have diarrhea all over your floor for intruders to roll through then I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>386039463
I always thought that was Aldrich's slime
>>
>>386035020
remember how the corvian wanted you to burn their world away?
the old painting is a metaphor for the entire souls series and the new painting is the next, non-souls from game
>>
>>386039583
That may be the "story" intention but the giants drop dung pies for a reason, whoever at From put them there knew what they were doing.
>>
What is the profaned flame and why doesn't it fade?
>>
File: 1406306510353.png (566KB, 730x543px) Image search: [Google]
1406306510353.png
566KB, 730x543px
>Gael just wanted pigment for his little niece's new painting
>The blood of the Pygmy Lord's is all dried up and useless
>Ingests it, allowing it to mingle with his own blood to make the pigment, probably knowing that it would drive him mad
>puts his faith in the Ashen One to put him down and take his blood back to his niece

Gael was a true hero
>>
>>386037439
Which film was that? Genuinely interested. And I preferred lore discussion when it was about people trying to make some sense out of all the vagueness. Now it's a bunch of autists who take it way to seriously and constantly try to one up each other by pushing their dumb lore theories as fact. That or parroting e-celebs.
>>
>>386039919
Just a magical flame under Irithyl that doesn't fade because of magic
>>
File: angels-egg-02.jpg (62KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
angels-egg-02.jpg
62KB, 853x480px
>>386040667
Angel's Egg
>>
>>386037439
>was outright plagiarized

It's called a homage anon.
>>
>>386040865
lol. I've seen it. Feel like a dunce for not realizing the similarities until now. Thanks anon.
>>
>>386040484
Gael wasn't actually related to the painter, in the Jap translation she just considers him a weird but endearing old man, however when they translated it they used "Uncle" since that fit better than "Grandpa"
>>
>>386034429
the story is hard to grasp because it's poorly written and an afterthought
>>
>>386031394

All humans have a fragment of it being descendants of the pygmies. However, pygmy royalty which managed to exist all this time has larger portions of it, but still just fragments.
>>
>>386031638

The fragments just changed shape over time. By 2, they were taking a human shape, which is also what the children of Dark did, and by 3 they were just embers because they looked using humanity as fuel for the fires.
>>
>>386027812
After you gave her the blood of the dark souls she creates this new world painted with blood which is Yharnam. And the former kingdoms around Lordran(Carim,Astroa,Drangleic,Catarina,Zena) especially Lothric truns into the kingdom of loran the land covered in sands in Yharnam.
And Loran fell to beast plague before Yharnam. And the only glimpse of Loran we see in the game is the nightmare frontier.
>>
>>386031265
The painting is not the world itself but a portal to what it depicts. Caving in the entrance does does not destroy the cave, though it does prevent entering or leaving.
>>
>>386041671

Nigger, the painting was rotting causing the world within to literally rot away alongside it.
>>
The egg is the most confusing part of it all for me. Is it just a metaphor for time being screwed now or is it meant to be taking literally as in something hatched from it. Midir perhaps?
>>
>>386033376
This probably isn't true but it's a neat interpretation.
>>
>>386034913
Dark Souls 3 has the best boss design of every Souls game (including BloodBorne) by a pretty big margin.

It's biggest problem is series fatigue. Every time you pick up a weapon and press R1 you realize you've been using it for six years
>>
>>386036475
The ten minutes before the painting burns could make up an eternity in the painting
>>
>>386042568
>game is full of ultra-conventional dodgespam poke 'n roll bossfights and when it deviates from this it does so in the worst possible manner
>"best boss design by a pretty big margin"

Nope.
>>
>>386033561
how would you look like after eating gods
>>
All shits aside, i really enjoyed all of the voice actors and dialogues in all Fromsoft games
>>
File: wait.png (34KB, 206x200px) Image search: [Google]
wait.png
34KB, 206x200px
>>386036081
>>
>>386040928
and what do you call a series of homages?
>>
>>386043725
A gaggle of homages.
>>
>>386043567
bullshit
name one VA
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.