[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game flooded with so much DLC? It's like they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: crusaderkings2.jpg (2MB, 1612x2256px) Image search: [Google]
crusaderkings2.jpg
2MB, 1612x2256px
Why is this game flooded with so much DLC?

It's like they actively wanted people to start pirating the game
>>
>>386027125
Your not expected to buy all the dlc. Its like going to get ice cream and asking for every topping.
>>
>>386027125
Half the DLC are audio files, or graphic options of which you need none.
>>
>>386027457
>Your not expected to buy all the dlc.
Enjoy half your game just flat out not working then
>>
>>386027457
kill yourself
>>
>>386027609
HALF THE FUCKING DLC IS OPTIONAL AUDIO FILES.
>>
>>386027457
This game is shit without any DLC.
>>
>>386027645
>>386027697
You buy the main game and pirate all the DLC, it's a fucking Paradox game.
>>
>>386027645
And character cards or unit cosmetics. There is only 5 dlc worth getting and if you wait for a sale you can always get them cheap.
>>
Mixture of two things, both related to the fact that it's a niche oriented game, but not a cheaply produced one:
A) having very limited market, but relatively high production costs, games like these need to actually bloat the game price to remain profitable. If there is a limited playerbase, you have only two options: make a cheap game (thus making production expenses lower than the profit celling the limited audience can give you), or just ask for a lot more money from the users.

This is related to the second issue: being niche, and having very firm control over the market, you can also somewhat expoit your audience, because they don't really have much choice to go play something else.

Finally, it's a matter of semi-modular production. These games are incredibly mechanically robust: the core systems can support tons of additional, semi-optional content. The idea is that a player can essentially "Create" a game of his own by chosing and mixing particular additional systems that fit his own interests.

So all three of these ideas kinda co-exist and result in this. It's by no means a rare or unique sight. TONS of niche-oriented, niche-dominating games use this strategy. Just look at games like various train and airplane sims.
>>
>>386027818
This
>>
>>386027547
>>386027645
>>386027818
Nice try, Paradrones, but even if you take just the important DLC you still have quite a few left
>>
>giving paradox money
>>
>>386028595
CK 2 is five years old. I would rather a company support a good game with cheap dlc then pull a Call of duty and resell me the same game every year. Furthermore paradox chops up the dlc instead of selling me a $30 dlc with a ton of useless shit in it. They could have easily bundled cosmetic and audio files with the dlc and sold it for more like most dlcs. Paradox dose dlc right.
>>
game+important dlcs cost around 180 euros if you buy them at 75% discout it only cost 45
considering that you can spend thousands of hours on this game its not that much
its also 5 years old and still gets regular patches
>>
>>386027125
it boggles my mind that somebody has to shill out literally hundreds of dollars just to get a complete game
never bought any paradox game and pirate it all without remorse
>>
Because the profit they make greatly outweighs any complaints they get for it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.