[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn a fighting game, but I'm not sure which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 28

File: 3124123.gif (982KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
3124123.gif
982KB, 280x210px
I want to learn a fighting game, but I'm not sure which one.
Can you help me to choose one /v/?

I would prefer it if the game was balanced and are not too unpopular so I actually find someone to play with.

Also why does every fucking fighting game have moves that you can barely execute even for simple shitty moves sometimes?
I've seen stuff like " left+right+button " for a special move for one character while another one has to do " half circle from left to right+full circle from right to left+button while in midair " for a similar move.
>>
Tekken 7
>>
Street Fighter V

Don't listen to the memes. It's actually great as someone's first fighting game.
>>
>>386022449
i myself am waiting for absolver to come out on the 29th it looks like the bees knees
>>
>>386022449
Tekken 7 is the best one out there for "Balanced game but not too unpopular". It does have complicated inputs though.

The whole thing about complicated inputs is about balance. Stronger/More effective moves are harder to pull off so they can't be spammed and can open up the player for errors.
>>
You don't want to learn a fighting game.
>>
File: 1493264049883.gif (3MB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1493264049883.gif
3MB, 500x294px
>>386022449
You already sound like a huge baby, don't bother.
>>
File: realdog.gif (1MB, 322x239px) Image search: [Google]
realdog.gif
1MB, 322x239px
I am on the same boat as OP. I've been told by several people to get Tekken 7. Others have told me to avoid SFV because a "super street fighter v" with included dlc is on the way.

I'm a Beaner so I am really into KoF (XV looks pretty Ok) but the anime fighters like Blazblue and Guilty Gear have some awesome speed and hot waifus.

TL;DR

SFV
KoF XV
Blazblue
Guilty Gear
Tekken 7

I only have time in my day for one. Steam only. Which is the best choice? I suck at these games but am looking to git gud
>>
>>386024268
This
>>
>>386022449
>I want to learn a fighting game, but I'm not sure which one.
Just call your dad a pansy to his face
>>
>>386022449
If you want lo learn your best bet is GG XRev 2, the tutorial is godlike.
>>
Tekken 7.

All the other fighters have a minimum requirement of autism to have fun.
>>
>>386024036
>Tekken 7
>Complicated inputs

I can get it for characters with very specific inputs like EWGF, but most moves are just a button or two and a direction. I wouldn't say the inputs are the hard part, it's stringing combos together to see what works.
>>
>>386024271
Tekken has the biggest playerbase out of all those on Steam.
>>
>>386024353
I'm calling your dad a pansy to his face while fucking him.
>>
File: Come hither.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Come hither.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>386022449
>Falling for the popularity meme

Play DOA5 >>386024268

Be happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vuxml61PRs
>>
File: trapss.png (275KB, 879x881px) Image search: [Google]
trapss.png
275KB, 879x881px
>>386022449
I'm gonna get shit from the angry /fgg/ scrubs but pick up SSB Melee, whether its "MUH REAL FIGHTURZ" or not, It has simple to execute moves, but very complex but intuitive advanced techniques that help speed the game up far beyond its intended design. The curve in the game is very steady and when you actually learn and progress its very apparent.

The game may get shit for not being a traditional fighter, but it's "ease of access" to "difficulty to master" ratio is very broad so you'll always have some way to improve because the ceiling for the game is extremely high.

My suggestion right now is get a playasia white gamecube controller, a mayflash 4plug gamecube usb adapter, and just download a Melee ISO+Dolphin and go at it and teach yourself the game and have fun. If you get comfortable with it, then start to dive into the advanced meta of it. Dont listen to the traditional fgc children ITT, they dont know anything about the game.
>>
>>386024367
seconding this

>>386022449
skullgirls has a pretty good tutorial too but it's more of a crash course in fundamentals. skullgirls, mvc3, and sf5 are decent starters that have relatively simple inputs.

king of fighters is way too technical for someone new to fighters, so stay away from that. actually i havent played 14, so maybe they dumbed it down
>>
>>386024836
Not even hating but if he ends up enjoying the genre, the skills he learns aren't going to translate as well to other fighting games than if he started with something like SFV instead.
>>
>>386025073
This is true, aside mental concepts of baiting and positioning nothing really translates well between the two. The lack of crossover is why it's good to decide whether he likes the concept of one or the other, and why i suggested he try it casually before committing.

The main reason I suggested Melee is, he apparently wants to play, and be good but doesn't want to master unintuitive traditional inputs (which, to any of us who've been playing for 20+ years like me, yknow traditional fighter inputs are highly unuintuitive which is why it takes such committment) . Melee is perfect for this as it breaks the mold of what fighters are while still having a very high skill ceiling of its own.
>>
File: linafang.jpg (31KB, 368x327px) Image search: [Google]
linafang.jpg
31KB, 368x327px
Soul Calibur 2
>>
>>386024036
Tekken's combo execution is very easy compared to 2D. There's obvious outliers like taunt JU and EWGF but those aren't necessary to learn while starting out.
>>
>>386022449
Power stone 2
>>
absolver
>>
>>386022449
if you have problems with half or full circles stay away from most japanese fighting games.
Especially KoF

I understand about not being able to do inputs correctly.
It pissed me off in netherealm games with the dbf command grabs.
They changed my main in MKX cryo sub zero to have a dbf command grab and it killed the game for me, I can't even play as him now.
>>
best one, biggest one, and most mainstream one is SF5

contrarians say tekken, its online is dead already after like 1 month
>>
>>386022449
Guilty Gear has good tutorials and is a pretty standard 6 button anime fighter
UNIST supposedly has an even better tutorial but it is currently only available in japanese so maybe hold out on that, though that game's a pretty solid standard 3/4 button anime fighter
SFV is baby's first fightan

and I'm personally always inclined to mention melty since it's THE fundamental 3/4 button anime fighter and also free to download. It's a little dead but I'm certain you can always find a match on the melty discord if you ask, just don't expect to win

also
>moves that you can barely execute
I sincerely hope that any of the moves you are thinking of are not quarter circles, half circles, dp motions or double downs
the worst offender I can think of from the games I mentioned is melty's pretzel input in Kohapon X but that's meme-tier useless shit and that's the only really complicated input
>for simple shitty moves
ok you got me, F.PCiel in melty has a half-circle back that just tosses up a fucking rock, though it is an insanely versatile rock
>>
You don't just decide on a game and learn it. You play a game until you find one you like and then you just git gud naturally.
>>
>>386022449
>Also why does every fucking fighting game have moves that you can barely execute even for simple shitty moves sometimes?
I've seen stuff like " left+right+button " for a special move for one character while another one has to do " half circle from left to right+full circle from right to left+button while in midair " for a similar move.

Properties of the move usually determines the input

Example
>Guile has projectiles with crazy recovery time so he's safe most times
>Has to charge the input so he can't machinegun it like in SSF4 3DS

>Zangief command grab comes out incredibly fast and hits like a truck
>Has to do a full circle input so you can't easily do it while standing or the player has to mask the input with another move, limiting the amount of times it can come out easily

Meanwhile Rising Thunder had one button moves for all of the characters
The grappler was top three because instant grabs and instant antiair grabs and easy as shit damage
>>
>>386022449

Here OP. I'll list pros and cons of the fighters I play. I will pull games from different generations that are "dead" too.

UMvC3 : Wacky with a lot of characters but very simple inputs for 99% of the cast. Getting used to assists can be challenging but really they're just a special attack on a single button. Supers are just s single motion + two buttons unlike SF which is double motion then a button. Movement is varied in this game from flight to hovers to super-jumps to air-dashes to teleports.

KoF XIV: Lots of characters but very strong base in terms of combos. Most characters combo the same way (Normal > Command Normal > Max Cancel > EX > juggle string > Super). The game has a lot of half-circle inputs for supers but they are very lenient compared to old KOF's and they overlap with special moves. For instance if a fireball is 236 P and a super is 2363214 P, you can do a fireball into a super with 236P3214P instead of having to do the fireball motion twice. This makes muscle memory very easy to develop.

Guilty Gear/Blazblue: Anime games that have a lot of gimmicky characters which means match-up knowledge is crucial or some fights will be incredibly 1-sided. They are also overloaded on universal mechanics that will be difficult for newbies to remember on the fly. Be warned: losing in anime games is soul crushing and the grind to get good is real and almost not worth it unless you jut love high level execution stuff and memorizing everything.

SFV: Accessible for newbies but noob-stomp strats will only get you so far. Fair balance of character variety and universal mechanics. Only problem is there isn't much to practice beyond set-ups as the game's combo viability is ludicrously low. You have to choose between EX'es or a super. This limits combos quite a bit

3s: Simple game with a simple mechanic (parry) that can develop into high level mind-games. Most simple inputs and supers are all double-fireball with little exception.

Hope this helps.
>>
Tekken 7
many character all well animated in 3d and the game looks and runs really well on my computer
>>
skullgirls
>>
File: I8KHtFU.jpg (119KB, 580x832px) Image search: [Google]
I8KHtFU.jpg
119KB, 580x832px
>>386022449
>>
>hcf+360
>hard
>babby can't even input a 360 without jumping
Do you casuals just assume something is hard without actually trying to learn it first?
>>
Tekken 7.

Its still the biggest on steam.

https://steamdb.info/app/389730/graphs/
>>
>>386023450
This
>>
>>386023450
6 frames input lag lmao
>>
>>386022449
I would recommend SFV.
It's not a perfect fighting game by any means but it's not nearly as bad as people like to think it is, and it's designed to be accessible.
I would avoid KoF or any Anime Fighter since they're a lot more difficult than V because they all have more complicated movement, higher execution requirements (especially Guilty Gear) and more mechanics to learn.
I would also avoid any 3D fighters, as while it may not be difficult to find a character with low execution combos it still doesn't change that getting used to movement in 3D fighters is really difficult, especially since Tekken 7 which is arguably the hardest 3D fighting game to start to get good at is the only one that isn't 100% dead.
If you really don't want to play SFV then I'd recommend KoF 14.
>>
Sounds like you want to play super smash bros OP

>No combos that look like a gta sa cheatcode (you create your own """""combos"""")
>Fuckhuge community with local tourneys everywhere
>Easy to learn, hard to master
>>
File: 1497553596962.png (963KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497553596962.png
963KB, 768x768px
>>386027414
>>386026290

Guys KOF is somewhat difficult to learn but the execution is actually very very lenient. Even double HCB supers are hard to mess up after the 2.00 patch.

The movement isn't that complex either. It just has hops and hyper-hops which are very easy to practice- moreso than air dash or IAD.

KoF is a very fun game to practice and really fun for lab monsters.
>>
>>386027367
actually isn't it 8?
>>
>>386027604
Smash bros really isn't a fighting game, and he said he wanted to learn A fighting game, presumably to play OTHER fighting games as well once he has, which you certainly can't do learning smash bros.
>>
>>386027690
It used to be. They patched it down.
>>
>>386027651
>please play our dead game!
lel
>>
>>386027367
Tekken has 9.6
>>
File: 1486990281176.gif (416KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1486990281176.gif
416KB, 500x368px
>>386027809

>letting "deadness" of a game determine what you play

Casuals, everybody. Get a look at one of 'em right here!
>>
>>386027651
I may be a bit biased since I primarily played 13 which had way higher execution than 14, but I still feel that from the perspective of a beginner to fighting games, any KoF is gonna feel overwhelming.
>>
>>386027701
Yeah youre right

One question: why isnt the fighting community coining their own term for the genre yet? Something like metroidvania, maybe "SF-like" or something similar. "Fighting games" is just too broad, it technically includes brawlers like SSB and, just by definition, even stuff like Wii Sports Boxing.
>>
>>386027865
Don't know where the fuck you got that statistic.
PS4 has it on 7 frames, Xbox has 6 frames and im not sure about pc.
>>
>>386027920
>letting "deadness" of a game determine what you play
Okay let me just boot up Virtua Fighter 5 and travel around the country to play the other 2 people in the US that play the game.
Maybe if I save up enough money I can go to japan and play with 5 or 6 more japanese players who haven't moved on to another game yet.
>>
>>386027972
The same reason people still use "MOBA" exclusively to talk about ASSFAGGOTS, because marketing
in the same way, everyone knows that fighting games primarily refer to games like sf, and vaguely like smash bros but not really
>>
>>386027920
If anything, you're the casual. With a small player pool, it's easier to do well.

Afraid of some actual competition, eh?
>>
I always liked Soul Calibur (2) for this because most of the moves were based on your action-button inputs and combinations of those, with the direction you held usually being just one. Made most moves pretty easy for a casual like me to pull off (aside from ridiculous shit like Ivy's 15 input supergrabs with over the top animations)

Made me complete shit at MK though when I tried it once because I didn't realize to use most moves you had to to multiple different reactions in a row, I had never had to do that before.
>>
>>386024271
There won't be a Super SFV.
Besides Capcom saying there won't be, it would defeat the purpose of fight money.
>>
File: 1485532014829.gif (2MB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1485532014829.gif
2MB, 268x268px
>>386027948

13's execution was ridiculous. I actually feel like KoF can be easier to learn or at least have fun learning since it has techniques like roll that give you something else to do other than get caught in the corner and wait to be opened up to death.

I also feel the alpha counter and the alpha roll are very easy and intuitive to use. I agree that the game has longer combos and higher execution than SFV but I would put the difficulty of MOST of the combos in the game on par with your average 3s Dudley combo.

I also like it better than GG because it has running but no sliding after you run. Sliding in GG is the bane of my existence.

>>386028065

I play multiple games and I've seen varying levels of player skill wrt a game's popularity. If you like something you should play it. To make excuses based on the tastes of other people is lazy and disingenuous. It's the same as saying a game is bad because of its fanbase- just a lazy argument with nothing to prop it up.
>>
>>386022449
Inputs aren't an issue, you'll learn them and eventually they just become simple. I still can't believe I had problems doing DPs when I first started out. Half circles, quarter circles, all of it is easy, you just need practice.
>>
>>386028338
Playing a fighting game means reacting to the ever-evolving meta. A small player pool results in players being unable to make use of the whole depth of the game since the individual player plays less and knows less.

You think you're playing those games, but you really aren't.
>>
>>386023450
Its good for beginners because its watered down neutral
>>
>>386028338
While having more defensive options does make the game easier to extent (which is interesting to note since many people complain about the lack of defensive options in 5) again I don't think that you are looking at this from the perspective of a complete beginner. The number of options available can be overwhelming, so a game with as few mechanics is possible is better for learning the bare basics of fighting games IMO.
>>
>>386023450
yeah and its shit for everyone else

the only people who play that trash are people who havent played anything better
>>
>>386028753
Nice try, goober. We won't play Guilty Gay or King of Flamers, no matter how much you shitpost.
>>
>>386025073

skills from SFV wont translate either, with how shitty the neutral game is and how shallow it is
>>
File: 1480391371977.jpg (338KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
1480391371977.jpg
338KB, 800x595px
>>386028553

"Hey guys you shouldn't play a game because it's depth isn't fully explored. Hey your play of the game is "less legit" because it's not a mainstage game at EVO."

I know you're trying not to come off this way, but that shit is the most casual thing I've ever heard. People that like FG's play the FG's they like regardless of how explored the meta is. That's like saying you shouldn't play super mario world unless you're working towards attempting a world-record speed run. It's elitist, lazy, and holds no water as an argument.

You can hold whatever opinion of what people want to play, but they'll continue to play it regardless. Crossing your arms and trying to call out the "legitimacy" of X video game is just sad turbo-nerd shit.

>>386028671

I only said KOF is not as difficult as earlier iterations and is certainly more accessible than any anime games. I place it between SF and anime on the accessibility scale.
>>
>>386024765
When did they do something with her in it
>>
>>386027865

Tekken also has 10 frame normals minimum, retard
>>
>>386028894
Well I did originally say that if he really doesn't want to play SFV that he should 14.
>>
File: dave_paul.gif (725KB, 295x222px) Image search: [Google]
dave_paul.gif
725KB, 295x222px
>>386029168

I was someone who came off the XIII boat with a sour taste in his mouth because of the execution requirement and just how fucking powerful some characters were. The DLC characters were ridiculous.

XIV was a breath of fresh air. It doesn't look as good but it feels great. The combo variety is great, character variety (and newcomers like Luong) are great. I feel like it has the perfect balance of universal mechanics and per-character variety.

I got my newb girlfriend into it and she picked it up way faster than she did SFV.
>>
File: jdcr.png (460KB, 863x452px) Image search: [Google]
jdcr.png
460KB, 863x452px
>>386028923
>input lag is irrelevant because moves have slow startup
When will this meme end? Even the pros say how they must play much more careful because of the input lag affecting sidesteps, backdashes and whiffpunishing
>>
>>386029451
tfw was able to consistently do the Joe stun combo back when I played 13
I can't really put my finger on it but I could never really get into KoF 14, something just felt off to me.
>>
>>386028827
That's okay sfv cuck, be sure to purchase the new costumes and Abigail. Thanks
>>
File: courtesynigga.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
courtesynigga.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
Ignore everyone who said Tekken.

t. Tekkenfag

It is without a doubt the worst fighting game to actually try and get into and I've played that shit for 20 years now.
>>
>>386024765
this

doa is literally babbys first fighting game but it's okay coz theres tits
>>
SFV (on PC) is probably the best choice for new players.
If you have someone to help you with GGXrd, or if you can find someone else new to the game to level up with, it's a pretty good pick too. Great tutorials and execution isn't as bad as everyone says.
I'd like to recommend Tekken 7, but it doesn't have any kind of tutorial and requires you to study shitload of matchups and frame data to get fair games. It's a good game for two people just mashing buttons though.
Of course there's always Fightcade where you can play something like ST for free
>>
>>386028918
Who's they?
>>
>>386030451
>doa is literally babbys first fighting game but it's okay coz theres tits

Maybe you shouldn't talk about games you haven't played instead of spouting memes fed to you.
>>
Wait for dbfighterZ
It will unironically be one of the most populated fighting games release this decade. And it has staying power as long as super is airing cause there's 150% gonna be dlc chars.
>>
>>386030245
Ignore what this fag said.

t.Real tekkenfag

This guy sucks more dick than his mother.
>>
>>386031678
I mean, he's not wrong, the only thing Tekken has going for it for new players is that the execution isn't that hard for many characters.
The gameplay is good but it's really hard to learn from scratch right now
>>
Super Smash
>>
>>386022449
The fuck is this bullshit ass impractical fake throw she just did?
>>
>>386031945
The entire game was made easier for new comers. Things like easier ground teching, backwalking, CCs, and rage arts were all added to make things simpler.
>>
>>386024271
I wonder what happened to that dog
>>
>>386032383
Yet it tells about those things absolutely nothing. You have to go to Youtube to find out how shit works.
>>
File: 42556525.jpg (138KB, 777x578px) Image search: [Google]
42556525.jpg
138KB, 777x578px
>>386022449
>Regular fightan
Street Fighter V
>Anime fightan
Wait for UNIEst
>3D fightan
Tekken 7
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>386028029
Not him, but do you guys all just drop fighting games you uesed to love when the next numeral comes out? I still play these for fun today.
>>
Guilty Gear has great tutorials, and is a great game overall. Not the biggest playerbase, though.
>>
>>386032383
Yes but there is no tutorial for even basic game mechanics and no replay system. You can search the internet for Tekken guides (which many new players aren't usually willing to do), but the lack of replay system is a big fucking deal for anyone looking to improve in fighting games.
Player rooms are also slow as fuck with no rematch option and you get pathetic number of games per hour if you don't play offline
>>
>>386032356
it's called an hurracarrana
>>
>>386023450
Don't play sf5. Street fighter is at it's worst with this game. It's overly simplified. Play something that actually takes skill and you know, fun. Tekken7 or guilty gear.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 350x215px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 350x215px
>>386032734
Well it would never fucking work. Gif related is about as close to practicality as you can get but even this would be hard as FUCK to pull of under pressure.
>>
>>386022449
>that gif
No wonder american lost vietnam war.
>>
>>386032908
It's fake martial arts anon.
>>
>>386032734
>>386032882
Vovinam; The only martial art to use the hurricarana.
>>
>>386032356
>>386032734
>>386032882
>>386032908
>>386032952
For those who say the presentation looks fake and gay (I guess with comparison to other martial arts' presentations), I have to agree with you. However, there's something about the history and nature of vovinam you should know to understand why these presentations often look fake and pretended.

Vovinam was developed during war time and originally meant for using during actual combat. Many of its moves and techniques are deadly ones. If you really want to present those techniques and make them look real, it can endanger the presenter's life. For example, that scissor kick you often see in vovinam presentations are not things that you will do it on your opponent and then do it again and again in real life. If you really think real life battle will look like in the presentation, you are too naive. If you do it right in a battle, you can kill someone with just that single move. Therefore, during these presentations, the presenters need to be prepared to fall accordingly on the hit of the move so that they won't hurt (or kill) themselves, and that would make the presentations look fake. Of course they can improve the presentation but that really take a lot of practice to make it look more real, and at the same time not endanger themselves.
>>
File: Work is hard.gif (356KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Work is hard.gif
356KB, 700x700px
>>386033137
Most popular martial arts you see on TV and in your neighborhood dojos nowadays have been simplified to make it more sport like and more applicable to the public. Most of the combat moves are not taught and most people would never see them. For example, you probably would never see "falling leaf" move in an Aikido presentation, a move that can break the neck and the spine of the opponent at the same time in a single blow. Nevertheless, Vovinam still has a long way to develop their sport like techniques and make their presentations more real and eye catchy like other martial arts. And when that happens, you can go back and change your comments to something like "awesome, killer moves, etc." although they may be more useless than what you are seeing now.
>>
>>386022449
>Also why does every fucking fighting game have moves that you can barely execute even for simple shitty moves sometimes?

Red flag. If you don't enjoy learning, practicing and eventually executing inputs with 95% accuracy then you're playing the wrong genre.
>>
File: image.gif (736KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
736KB, 480x270px
>>386033137
All that ahit you just said= fake and gay

You train how you intend to fight anon, and if you spend all your time doing compliant drills, that is all you will be good for. Funny how Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can do shit that is just as effective and practical but they never have to ham it up because "muh 2 deadly 4 u" and before you "b-b-but!" If you don't think someone could SERIOUSLY hurt your shit with basic Judo hiptoss if they so chose to break all their fall with your ribs, you are being fucking reatarded and/ or don't do an actual practical martial art. I can tell you this is for show, fake and gay, and they ought only focus on stuff they actually want to acomplish.
>>
File: 1497521440174s.jpg (3KB, 123x125px) Image search: [Google]
1497521440174s.jpg
3KB, 123x125px
>>386033738
That’s a garbage, subjective answer.

Also, That's the old american's way back in WW2.
>>
>>386034364
Fuck off nonce, do you actually competitvly train in a martial art? Well i fucking do, and grappling is what i do, and i have seen enough fuckery in 7 years to tell you fake and gay when i see it. Compare your magic shit ahow gif to how these retards actually fight in comp:

https://youtu.be/ffxBYkSPcps

https://youtu.be/6s9340ueF1k

Fuckig OBJECTIVLEY terrible. Its either fake shit or this shit (sloppy TKD strikes and shitty attempts at Judo body throws) nah, this stuff is trash can.
>>
>>386024271
Fuck Jap fighting games.
Play Injustice 2. It's simple and fun.
>>
>>386025975

my absolute ultra-nigger
>>
File: 1497615091130s.jpg (3KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
1497615091130s.jpg
3KB, 125x110px
>>386035115
Wow… you’ve really gone off the deep end haven’t you? No, you’re fooling yourself.
>>
>>386032356
This was my favorite part about Winter Soldier. They fucking try that shit on a man and he's just "What the fuck are you doing?"
>>
>>386022449
Injustice 2. For real.
Easier on the inputs, pad friendly, great SP content, good online.

Ignore ANYONE that says Tekken 7 because it's one of the least newcomer friendly fighting games.
>>
>>386022449
Im currently trying to learn Guilty gear as my first real attempt at fighting games, its pretty great. Playing it mostly to try and get good at a fighting games before the release of DBFZ and Marvel vs capcom infinte
>>
>>386035369
Cool, not a single argument, i won the argument by default.
>>
>>386032525
>>386032707
>You have to go to Youtube to find out how shit works.
You mean like most other fighting games? It's not like you always have the option to go into debug mode and figuring out your hitboxes in real time.
>>
>>386035915
>he hasn't played GG
>he hasn't played UNIEst
top cuck
>>
>>386036143
How am I wrong? Those are two examples out of dozens of fighting games available on the market.

The fact is, most fighting game require you to do outside research in order to understand how to actually play them.
>>
Is everyone recommending tekken just because it's new or what?
No one cared about it before.
>>
>>386024036
not even, this is from someone who used to play cvs2 and skullgirls, execution is easy as fuck

learning combos will be some combination of
>attack connected into launcher
>jab or something for extra damage, then corkscrew, usually a direction and two buttons
>ender, either something for damage or wallcarry or wakeup options, again only either a series of buttons or probably forward and a few buttons

its way easier than even sf5, was able to pick up the game (from brand new, only played the series a handful of times), learn a couple combos then get into online.

that's also the thing about tekken, sometimes matches will go for most of the round without anyone hitting an extended combo, you can get by without doing the fancy shit until reaching the high ranks. long as you can space your moves well and punish lows, i dont see why anyone can't make warrior
>>
SFV is honestly the best option.
>>
>>386036453
That is exactly why people are recommending it.
A game can be excellent, but if it's old and has a small playerbase people will not recommend it.
Tekken 7 is new, still has a playerbase, and is a good enough game to hold your interest.
>>
>>386032707
The terrible lobbies are why I tell everybody to avoid Tekken7.

This awful and no fun.
>>
File: birdie making love.jpg (194KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
birdie making love.jpg
194KB, 750x1000px
Get SFV and embarass people with banana and can man.
https://clips.twitch
.tv/BigLongLemurKreygasm
>>
>>386036315
you really stupid are you?
>>
>>386024268
he is right, in fighting games, you will get your ass kicked a lot. there will be times when you will get frustrated too. if executions are such a problem then just don't play, stick to QTE's kid.
(side note) Executions are not very important
>>
>>386037981
>you're really stupid aren't you?
FTFY
>>
>>386038260
lmao what are you talking about execution is ESSENTIAL without it the playing field isnt even close to even.

Try to get far in any game without being able to reliably confirm into supers or doing your bnbs. You wont be able to.
>>
File: capsnk2-king-01.jpg (57KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
capsnk2-king-01.jpg
57KB, 400x750px
>>386022449

Try KoF 98. In my opinion, is the best game to learn the fundamentals of fighting games. Second best would be Third Strike, and third would be Garou.

You can play with people on Fightcade all the time.
>>
Super Turbo
>>
>>386039219
you aren't even good
>>
>>386040303
nice argument
>>
File: 1489460585433.png (21KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489460585433.png
21KB, 657x527px
>>386039639
>Second best would be Third Strike
>>
>>386022449
If your new to fighting games, start with Killer Instinct.

It has a detailed tutorial thats only second to GG, a robust set of single player modes, a universal basic combo system that all characters share, and assist functions to make complex inputs easier.
>>
>>386040475
I already won, kid.
>>
>>386036315
Name one other big modern fighter that doesn't have a tutorial in-game. You're an idiot if you think it's the same thing for beginners to have to go to Youtube/google for basic T7 game rules than it is for non-Tekken non-beginner players to search internet for advanced strategies
>>
File: thonk.png (10KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
thonk.png
10KB, 128x128px
>>386041159
Ive been playing Tekken for quite some time and it took me a while to figure out what those armor moves are because the game isnt mentioning that shit anywhere.

fucking awful.
>>
>>386041805
As a fresh 3D player, I feel like a discover a new mechanic every week. Thank god for Aris and his tutorials, I feel like I wouldn't know shit without them. Chicken? Flips from the wall? How am I supposed to figure this shit out without the game telling me?
>>
File: 1500042634083.webm (723KB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500042634083.webm
723KB, 856x480px
do smaller characters have smaller hitboxes?
>>
File: 98b2.jpg (111KB, 584x622px) Image search: [Google]
98b2.jpg
111KB, 584x622px
>>386027651
that pic
>>
>>386022449
MKX is still the best fighting game on current gen consoles
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.