[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm replaying through MGS 4 right now and the Middle East

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0178.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0178.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
I'm replaying through MGS 4 right now and the Middle East battlefield areas have so many exploration options (clear snipers / use mortars to advance the battlefield hotspots / stealth through streets / stealth through buildings with multiple floors / disguise as a rebel and help the militia) they just make me really, really sad TPP didn't have urban areas or big facilities to explore.

If it had one more map the size of Africa and Afghanistan (wouldn't be much work, since they're so barren) and a few (4-5) locations like the GZ map, with actual interiors to explore, it would literally be the perfect game.

I still really like V and the twist, but damn, does it hurt to know we got an incomplete game.
>>
File: Zero-the-Patriot.jpg (43KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Zero-the-Patriot.jpg
43KB, 800x400px
>>386012236
I know it wouldn't make much sense considering the twist, but I really wanted Big Boss and Zero to face off at the end. That's the moment I was waiting for years. I mean at least we did get something.

I agree tho op, they should of picked a different setting for one of the chapters.
>>
Whatever you gripe with TPP is, we can all agree that the only real thing that it absolutely should have delivered on was Big Boss actually becoming a villain
>>
>>386012892

To be fair, Big Boss wasn't exactly a good guy in PW or TPP. He was already the leader of a mercenary group that basically kidnapped soldiers and other people, he tortured to get info, it's implied he killed most who decided not to join their ranks, he brainwashed a soldier to act as his body double to deflect threats (against the soldier's will) etc. He just happened to have even worse guys fighting against him.

But I agree they could have made him look even worse, considering they wanted to tie this game to MG1 and MG2 SS. I guess it could have been done in a much better way if Snake actually talked more than just once every 20 hours...
>>
>>386012236
>add tribal fighters, taliban, or rare undercover CIA fighting the soviets you can encounter on the map
>add in the same sort of enemy variety you see on missions into free-roam
>twice the number of enemy/patrol sizes
>you can take missions from these factions

This would have made mgs:v almost perfect gameplay wise.
>>
>>386013296
>he brainwashed a soldier to act as his body double
no he didn't
>>
>>386012732

Yeah, I still think that the whole Sigint / Para-medic / Zero being Patriots thing wasn't properly explored. I didn't mind that info in 4, but it would have been good to finally see everyone, the people who were sorta innocent and good in the Snake Eater days, doing terrible things in the name of a cause.
>>
>>386013445

He didn't, but he didn't mind that it happened at all.
>>
>>386013496
what was he supposed to do at that point, tho
>>
>>386013532

Well, if he was a good person at that point, he wouldn't just say 'oh well' and literally use the other guy to ensure his Zanzibar mission's success. He didn't do it, but he was very much ok with letting the other guy live a lie, trick his friend Kaz and have them take the heat for him.
>>
>>386013880
>to ensure his Zanzibar mission's success.
*outer heaven
> but he was very much ok with letting the other guy live a lie
venom was fucked either way. i don't think that telling him the truth from the start would have been any better
>trick his friend Kaz and have them take the heat for him.
kaz is a nigger anyway. fuck him
>>
>>386012236
after i gave up, i realized that mgsv isn't actually that bad. Story wise, it's basically peace walker 2.0: at first you get "normal game" with one big boss and ending, then you get secrets with a lot of story (paz reveal in pw, entire true ending in tpp). The only thing i'd truly want to see after giving up on rest of the TPP story would be more of well-thought missions. After beating main game, there is literally one mission that actually nails MGS gameplay character: the one where you get dropped without equipment near the small camp. Maybe the mission where you take out the guy who comes in helicopter to huge ass water cleaning facility was well-thought too, but i can't remember if it was extra or just part of main story.

so much gameplay potential, all wasted on assumption that game could hold well no matter what kind of leveldesign you throw inside
>>
>>386013880

Wasn't the whole point that Venom was making Outer Heaven and getting all the attention while real Big Boss was developing Zanzibar?
>>
>>386015246
>Wasn't the whole point that Venom was making Outer Heave
no. the real BiBo mad Outer Heaven and Zanzibar
>>
>>386015329
made*
>>
>>386014892

Borrowing so much from PW was my least favorite thing in GZ/TPP. I find the whole Fulton thing and the way CQC works in PW and TPP so unappealing... I much prefer the Codec system and interconnected design, with a score after you finish the game...
>>
>>386015329
But one of the prisoners you rescue says "Don't take me to people I don't know" "Where are you taking me?" "Outer Heaven?"
>>
mgs4 is streamlined as fuck. what are you talking about op. you do all of that shit in the order listed. and you arent there to help the militia. the milita are your cover (unknowingly) to advance forward.
>>
File: fug.png (70KB, 727x159px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
70KB, 727x159px
>>386015483
desu
>>
>>386015495

You can do one or multiple things, I'm literally playing it right now. I know that you're using the militia to get your job done, but you can still 'roleplay' as their friend for longer to have an easier time in the Middle East, you can even throw items at them to get rewards. It gives you more options in each area of Act 1 than you had in most areas of MGS 1-3. The whole point I'm making is that I wanted urban areas / well designed areas like that over random enemy outposts #3474, #4575, #2735 and #1273 with no verticality or buildings in MGS V over and over.
>>
>>386015834
The airport had multiple floors and the game wasn't designed for interiors, enemy field of views was way to high in TPP
>>
I really don't understand how people can like MGSV the missions and zones are just so generic it really does feel like an early stage MMO prototype

and this is coming from someone that wasn't too hyped up over 4 to begin with, but it craps all over V
>>
>>386015921

That airport and the water treatment facility in Africa were the closest things to urban areas, which is a shame. I think the game would totally work in small spaces like the hospital level in Cyprus. Of course, that was a scripted mission, but with minimal adjustments, they could do it.
>>
>>386012236
>a few (4-5) locations like the GZ map, with actual interiors to explore
OKB Zero
Da Smasei Laman
Mfinda Oilfield
Nova Braga Airport
Lufwa Valley
Bwala ya Masa
FOBs
>>
>>386017769
OKB Zero was the closest, followed distantly by the Oilfield, though they still aren't as ambitious as the GZ map. The rest? Nah, not even close.
>>
>>386017998
>GZ
>2 rooms connected by a tiny corridor
>soldiers spawn from buildings you can't enter
>actual interiors
Come on now.
>>
File: 1258961961066.jpg (65KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1258961961066.jpg
65KB, 500x383px
>>386017475
>hospital level in Cyprus
>tfw played the prologue thinking the entire hospital would eventually open up into a freely explorable space and was looking at maps on the wall to get a layout of the building
>tfw dreamed too much
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.