[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is playing this actually worth it? I'm a little but after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (83KB, 640x904px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 640x904px
So is playing this actually worth it? I'm a little but after Fuuka joins you, and I'm really liking the story, characters, and atmosphere but the gameplay absolutely bores me. Everytime I go to tarterus I want to stop playing. Does the gameplay get better? Or is the story so good that it's worth enduring Tarterus?
>>
>>386010023
The gameplay doesn't change, but you just finished what I'd consider the intro so stick in there for a bit longer to see if you like it. That said the combat is not for everyone, if its not for you its not for you. and personally I think the story is great.
>>
Just release on ps4 ffs. It doesn't have to be remastered, a port is fine too
>>
I also just got Fuuka and was wondering when the story picks up. Everyone keeps saying that if I liked P5 then P3 will be way better in terms of narrative, but nothing special has happened yet.
>>
>>386010023

It's a slow starter, but the payoff is worth it.
>>
>>386010341
The combat itself is fine, it's just how tarterus is structured that makes it so boring
>fight a bunch of samey enemies in randomly generated boring areas until you find a boss
The game isn't even hard enough to justify how much you're in tarterus, it's just a big grind until you get to see more of the story (which is really good)
>>
>>386010650
As I said previously I just got Fuuka and I find Tartarus to be fun. I just like dungeon crawling of many forms and it's just comfy to go around fighting demons and shit. I only had issues with the mini-bosses who block further climbing in Tartarus but the actual bosses so far have been easy as shit for me. I don't mind though.
>>
>>386010451
Why? You can play it on PC for free
>>
>>386010482
July is when they drop a ton of plot on you
>>
>>386010867
Then I'm excited to grind into the actual plot soon
>>
>>386010023
sorry op, the combat's the worst part but the bosses at least keep it interesting.
just be grateful that there's little nuggets of enjoyment like treasure chests and gold shadows that keep you not bored half to death
>>
>>386010795
I need a new pc first :(
>>
>>386010451
there's a psn port dude
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-fes-ps2/
>>
>>386010023
That's Persona 3 for you. The story and characters are probably the best in the series just from a what happens and development perspective as well as likability. The gameplay is so disconnected from the real world though it just feels like going to work and going through the motions just to earn the next story beat.

All Persona games have their problems, and sadly 3's biggest problem is they didn't find a way to make gameplay interesting and work with the rest of the premise yet.
>>
>>386010023
You fell for the Persona meme, I'm sorry OP.
>>
File: 1490555463557.png (127KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490555463557.png
127KB, 480x640px
Speed the game up and watch some videos on the side when you're doing Tarterus stuff. That's what I did and I regret nothing and still absolutely loved the game.
>>
>>386013447
That's ps3 right? Don't have one
>>
>>386015653
nope ps4
>>
>>386014184
Might as well just watch the cutscenes on youtube if you don't give a shit about playing it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.