[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, scumbag gamers, Steve Gaynor of Fullbright here. Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: fullbright.jpg (413KB, 2169x1770px) Image search: [Google]
fullbright.jpg
413KB, 2169x1770px
Greetings, scumbag gamers, Steve Gaynor of Fullbright here. Have you played our new game, TACOMA?

It's our first game since the award winning Gone Home, an exploration game set aboard a seemingly-empty space station in 2088. You play as a female of course, who has an augmented reality device which lets her review actions and conversations of the crew that was aboard the station, in order to reveal the deep and thought-provoking story about what happened to them. The game has already won numerous awards by progressive gaming journalists and is sure to receive several "Game of the Year" awards.
>>
>>386003459
dam that bitch has a better jawline than me fuck my babby shit face
>>
>>386003542
>bitch
that's a man.
>>
>>386003626
Nah, its just this specific image they took at a museum or something makes her look manlier.
Also, the lead goy in Fullbright, Steve Gaynor, also worked on Bioshocks 2. He isn't all bad, he just has rotten artists forcing him to code their boring themes.
>>
>/v/ - Politics and Falseflagging
>>
>>386003797
what?
>>
File: gaynoir.jpg (35KB, 319x399px) Image search: [Google]
gaynoir.jpg
35KB, 319x399px
>>386003797
Steven is video games, retard.
>>
File: 1487824899200.png (211KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1487824899200.png
211KB, 380x380px
>>386003459
Game media is fucking gross. Just fucking do it already Pyongyang.
>>
>>386003937
>>386004071
See you at bump limit when I'm sure the whole thread will be discussing video games and certainly not feminism.
>>
>>386003459
>game
>can't win or lose
>no scoring
>no gameplay
???
>>
>>386004218
tweet about it faggot
>>
>>386004408
It's art
>>
>>386003459
As a white male, of course I'll buy your game. I support my fellow white male game developers
>>
>>386004071
>perseus mandate level designer
No wonder it was shit
>>
Seriously though, how is the game? I don't mind the occasional walking sim if it's good and tells an engaging story. Anyone play it?
>>
>>386003459
Why is (s)he wearing the schutzstaffel logo?
>>
>>386003459
Haven't played it yet. Is it called after the protagonist?
The mere fact that you get to play as a female character sparks a great deal of interest in me. Is she even pretty?
>>
File: Tacoma-Review.jpg (79KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tacoma-Review.jpg
79KB, 640x360px
>>386005072
Yes very pretty and multi-cultural of course
>>
>>386003459
>It's a walking sim in a corridor with signs plastered over the walls pointing down that corridor and audio logs and minimum interactivity and infodumps and it lasts 2 hours and clickbait blogs praise it to high heaven

How do they do it? Did they fuck every numale in this ever-not-crashing industry?
>>
File: 1344805152537.jpg (76KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1344805152537.jpg
76KB, 453x604px
>>386004742
which 'gone homo' isn't
it's basically a dissembled rape trauma
>>
>>386005308
trans
>>
>>386004071
>senior level developer at Bio:Inf
>and then we made a corridor that leads to another single line level

HA, pure talent
>>
File: ugh.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>386003459
>duuuuude, *rips bong* *drinks craft beer* *shares girlfriend*
>no white male crew members
>protagonist is a brown female Californio-American, fuck gonald glumpfph
>lesbians again
>log hunt in empty location again

All that stupid shit aside, it's just so painfully dry and BORING. Doesn't even have the foreboding yet familiar aesthetics of Gone Home. This is yet another sterile-ass, sleep inducing space station walking sim. Don't we have enough of those? It sure is easy to relate to these talking silhouettes in chrome plated rooms. Ambien can't hope to compete with this shit. Pirated and wasn't worth the free.
>>
>>386005402
Feminism made this women very happy. Her quality of life improved when it mentally fucked her up for the rest of her existence.
>>
>>386003797
>Falseflagging doesn't happen when it's against MY brand of politics

Half the "/pol/" threads are made by vocal anti "fascists" trying to push a narrative against the site userbase by portraying them as outsiders, and you know it
>>
>>386004483
Scam art that is
>>
>watch gamespot review on this
>see no gameplay of any kind, only reading logs and watching holograms
>see laughably obese ''astronaut''
>see portraits of chatlogs with tumblr art, multicultural names and faces
>"is this from gone homo devs?"
>it is from gone homo devs

they're a parody of themselves
>>
tss
hey GAYnor
what are you like a gay person or sumthin
>>
>>386003459
I never played Gone Home either. I don't play indie games. Eat my ass.
>>
>>386003459
Gone home was quite enjoyable experience. Gotta check TACOMA out... once I got enough free money to buy an actual GPU.
>>386004408
Game is about you playing (or playing with you), not winning or loosing.
>>
I suffered through this and here's the thing.

These guys are pretty good at characters, but they fucking suck at stories. Once the characters have to interact it all collapses. Think about how Gone Home had the dad that's being gaslighted by his JFK conspiracy theorist publishers, or how he was abused and shit as a kid, or the mom's affair, they're all compelling stories but they get thrown away for tragic lesbians.

I'm not going to talk about the story because someone from /pol/ will be here shortly to tell you how stupid it is, so just wait for that, but Tacoma has the same problem. Lots of interesting stories that get thrown out for the least interesting subplot.

Also I don't think any of them really buy the "FUCKING GAMERS REEEEEEEE" narrative, even what's-her-face isn't even completely shitty, she's just posing that way to hide what an uggo she is, see >>386003739 - I think they need a writer really bad but I haven't seen anything that suggests they're the way OP described them.

I have strong feelings on why Gone Home is so popular despite being dog shit and it was fucking heartbreaking to realize nobody but me cared,
it was all just gamergate bullshit about sticking it to women and SJWs.
>>
File: e tank.jpg (174KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
e tank.jpg
174KB, 768x768px
>>386006845
>Obese astronaut

Fucking how? It takes 2 million dollars worth of fuel to put an average sized human in space how the fuck are they going to do it with a fat one?
>>
>>386006917
good one chip
>>
File: digust.png (84KB, 510x450px) Image search: [Google]
digust.png
84KB, 510x450px
>>386007063
Gone Home was like a full 2 years before Gamergate dingus.
>>
>>386003797
>false fagging
Dude, it's not false flagging if it's clearly a joke.
No one is meant to believe that it's actually that guy posting, come on.
>>
>>386003459

It's been too long since I've seen this smug-ass pic.
>>
>>386007063

>Lots of interesting stories that get thrown out for the least interesting subplot.

I see no lessons have been learned.
>>
>get DUDE WEED LMAO last night
>ended up spending 20 mins just fucking around in a zero G hallway throwing a robot thing against the wall
Got to the first scenario and realised that it's pretty much just gone homo in space, but with a non-linear rewind gimmick. Uninstalled my pirated copy.
>>
>>386007347
Why would they have learned a lesson? They had people sucking their dicks over how great Gone Home is and shouting down dissent as homophobic faggots.

Imagine if Lonnie was a dude, going AWOL from the army and convincing Sam to run away with him and give up on her college scholarship and dreams of becoming a writer because true love. It would be a terrifying bad end, but because tragic lesbians, it's okay?
>>
>>386004902
It's ironic, you would not understand.
>>
>>386007063
good post, too bad you wasted it on /v/
>>
>>386003459
wouldn't even watch a twitch playthrough tbqh
>>
>>386003459
I'm not gonna lie, i want to break both their faces with a nailbat, but that gameplay concept's not bad in all honesty.
>>
File: CLANK.jpg (173KB, 2203x1652px) Image search: [Google]
CLANK.jpg
173KB, 2203x1652px
>>386007063
Someone from /pol/ here, what's a good walking simulator targeting an audience who take SUPER MALE VITALITY suppositories and have seen through the veil of lies?
>>
>>386007063
>it was all just gamergate bullshit about sticking it to women and SJWs
Fucking please
Outside of what >>386007191 said, this game was the first serious kick in the head from leftie socialite political groups infiltrating gaming.
In fact it was the first shit drop that would eventually cause overflow in 2014.
>>
>>386008180
Vanishing of Ethan Carter is made by an anti-sjw developer
>>
>>386008341
>15/10 goty half-assed walking sim all because of lesbians
>this is fine
good times
>>
>>386007063
>I'm not going to talk about the story because someone from /pol/ will be here shortly to tell you how stupid it is, so just wait for that, but Tacoma has the same problem. Lots of interesting stories that get thrown out for the least interesting subplot.
Still waiting for that special someone.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.