[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we talk about gw2 on /v/ without ffxiv and gw1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Why can't we talk about gw2 on /v/ without ffxiv and gw1 fans invading?

It honestly isn't a bad game.
>>
File: Lyse5.jpg (651KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lyse5.jpg
651KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>385999415
Poeple on this board love shitting in threads about games they don't like. It happens in every decent thread
>>
File: 1501614967547.jpg (13KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
1501614967547.jpg
13KB, 280x373px
I assume GW2 is still shit since the HoT update.
I dropped the game and never went back. They shit on literally thousands and thousands of players giving them strong negative feedback on virtually every aspect of the expansion, waited until weeks into the expansion to admit they fucked up, then started fixing only a few of the issues.

Are they still "deflating" the economy? By fucking over everyone who wasn't rich and rigging the system even more in favor of the people who exploited early 5-mans to farm thousands of gold?

FXIV wasn't any better.
Shameless WoW/FFXI clone. Nothing new or original about it. You spend 2 hours running fetch quests before you get to leave town, then your first combat quest is to literally collect some rat asses and bring them right back into town. You walk the city gates and see a group of 3 rats standing here or there in a field. Just sitting there. Like some EQ1 level MMO design.

Fuck both games, desu.
>>
>>386000273
Yea release hot was pretty underwhelming early but most of the major complaints are fixed. I don't have any idea what you're referring to with the economy though.

Yes people made a shit ton of gold by farming CoF path 1 dungeon but that was years ago. Today the main gold farm is fractal level 40 and that won't be needed any time soon.

It's worth it to login gw2 just to grab their living world updates free when it's available so you won't have to buy em later.
>>
>>386000852
You assume I would ever go back to that shit?
I got all the free living world updates from the wastes before HoT, and it was all grindy bullshit. Chest trains never should've existed.

But the economy shit was retarded.
They hired an economist to manage their game's economy, and his big move was to gut all sources of gold income in the fuckin game and simultaneously add a ton of gold sinks to the game.

HoT launched with EVERY fuckin reward locked behind gold. So even after you earned a reward, you had to then pay tons of gold for it. They did this fucking everywhere, on purpose, to try to bring down the bank accounts of the gold hoarders. Who ended up being the only ones with any money left.

ANet didn't care, because retards bought gems to make up for the gold they didn't fucking have!

And everyone told them all of this shit was going to happen for weeks in the beta. They still let it happen then acted like it was unforeseen.

Fuck ANet. I'm never giving them another dime.
>>
>>386002895
not him but what were some major gold sinks? i have played HoT only for the first story playthrough and then did a few map events before quitting a couple of weeks after the launch.
all i remember was that most stuff was time-gated and that dungeon running was destroyed by the gold nerf + fractals where completly broken and there was no incentive to do them. so the only thing you could do was the map meta events once you were done with the story
>>
I tried to get into GW2, but I just couldn't. I tried three different classes, which in a 'normal' mmo would be entirely different roles, and they all felt like "dps, with some side effects". Any time there were other people involved with what I was doing it just felt like a big clusterfuck where everyone was mostly focused on doing damage but maybe you popped one of your class abilities if it seemed like it would help someone. The biggest nail in the coffin was probably that there weren't any dungeons or any specific kind of group content until level 30 or so, and I just couldn't stay interested. FFXIV started it's dungeons at roughly half that number, and kept it coming every two levels or so.
>>
You can, fuck xiv fascists
>>
>>385999415
Downed mechanic is what killed this game for me.
>>
it's shit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.