[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After re-playing the Deus Ex Series (sans Invisible war) I sort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16

File: 1374569462259.png (22KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
1374569462259.png
22KB, 207x239px
After re-playing the Deus Ex Series (sans Invisible war) I sort of realized that the very fact that many conspiracy theorists can publicize themselves with no retribution shows there's no shadowy cabal that's secretly manipulating the world on a grand scale. I mean, if there was one do you think they'd let Alex Jones talk about what they're doing and trying to keep secret? They could have him killed in a way that can look like an accident or at least have plausible deniability by shifting blame. I find it ironic that Illuminati/Majestic 12 in the Deus Ex series that's exactly what they do if someone won't play ball and cooperate. The conspiracy theorist DJ Lazarus (which is pretty much a Alex Jones stand in) you periodically hear on the radio has to broadcast from a moving van and throw away their equipment to prevent a pattern being recognized and being tracked down. all alternative media is demonized and/or discredited by the mass media that's under the Illuminati's/MJ12 control. Out of context the stuff he talks about sounds ridiculous but given what the characters know about it a lot of it is true. So what's stopping the "real world NWO" from doing it?
>>
>>385986268
Any accusations without a single bit proof are useless and are not harmful.
Systematically removing CTs is suspicious.
Silly post.
>>
File: 1406067601718.png (26KB, 510x544px) Image search: [Google]
1406067601718.png
26KB, 510x544px
>>385986610
Not suspicious, they can (and do) kill people without anyone knowing it was foul play, they do it countless times in the Deus Ex series amd most of the time the general public suspects nothing. Also my point is that most of what Alex Jones says cannot be true because if it was he'd have been killed to shut him up if it was
>>
>>385987745
Why would they kill him anyway? He is pro-Israel.
>>
>>385987862
That's not the only thing he talks about though, if there was truth to what he was saying about many of his theories he'd have been eliminated by the people wanting to cover it up. He's a public figure and his theories aren't secretly held so if there actually was an NWO in control they could easily track/kill him if he was speaking facts
>>
>>385988406
What's the rationale for removing him anyway?
>>
>>385987745
Even if alex jones did say something that was harmful and true it's arguably better to discredit him/let him discredit himself than to kill and martyr him. Alex Jones could say something totally accurate and most people wouldn't believe him at this point, so why risk sending a hit squad? You'd just incense his base by doing so.
>>
File: 1501550767695.png (57KB, 234x281px) Image search: [Google]
1501550767695.png
57KB, 234x281px
>>385986268
>all alternative media is demonized and/or discredited by the mass media that's under the Illuminati's/MJ12 control. Out of context the stuff he talks about sounds ridiculous but given what the characters know about it a lot of it is true.
Have you read any mainstream media reports on Alex Jones at all, buddy? They basically just take that one "chemicals making the frogs gay" quote out of context and replay it over and over while guffawing with their fellow loyal subjects of the government about how somebody would have to be stupid to believe a word he says.

>They could have him killed in a way that can look like an accident or at least have plausible deniability by shifting blame
There's no reason for them to take that kind of risk. Alex Jones is popular as far as conspiracy theorists go, but that doesn't mean much. Even some of my most hardline Trump-supporting buddies pass him off as a bullshitter. Besides, Alex Jones is essentially just a spokesperson, the leakers and investigators are the people cabalists have to worry about.
>>
>>385988505
I'm saying that because nobody has removed him that he's full of shit
>>
>>385989407
No, you're saying that there's no shadowy cabal.
>>
I really liked mankind divided, except the end I guess, but nearly all vidya have shitty endings
>>
>>385989091
Yeah well Picus calls them "media terrorists", ignoring him is one thing actively changing news and framing them for crimes is another. They wouldn't incur much risk, again it could easily be staged look like an accident/bad luck.and most people wouldn't dig deeper
>>
I've been replaying the series too. Invisible War wasn't that bad and HR was better than I remembed. About to play Mankind divided for the first time, what am I in for?
>>
>>385989484
I'm saying that his whole concept of a NWO is full of shit. There are conspiracies in real life but they don't have near complete control of the world, usually it's shit like nepotism, price fixing, and cronyism but it is never supergovernmental
>>
File: really makes you think5.jpg (42KB, 530x300px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think5.jpg
42KB, 530x300px
>Wow all these conspiricy theory guys keep dying, I wonder if they were saying the truth
vs
>They are just tinfoil idiots, ignore them

Wow op you sure are smart :)
>>
>>385986268
>there's no shadowy cabal that's secretly manipulating the world on a grand scale.
Probably not, but Deus Ex isn't a documentary, and the things MJ12 or the Illuminati represent are nevertheless mirrored (sans scale, obviously) in the real world even now. It's a basic cautionary story of consolidation of power.

The real success of Deus Ex's story is how excellently and meticulously the idea of a setting filled with secrets complements and heightens a game with levels filled with secrets. Maggie Chow's apartment's secret area is cool, but it's even cooler when it's tied into something so elaborate with a character outright lying to you. I know this isn't the point of your thread, but the fact Deus Ex's story is still relevant is only partially why it's so cool.
>>
>>385990065
>Alex Jones is not killed yet
>Therefore NWO isn't real
>>
File: PaulDenton.png (267KB, 460x438px) Image search: [Google]
PaulDenton.png
267KB, 460x438px
Anyway since this is a deus ex thread.
I've already played and finished dx a while ago. Should i replay with GMDX or REVISION?
>>
>>385990065
>usually it's shit like nepotism, price fixing, and cronyism but it is never supergovernmental

Yes, governments would never meet in secret and talk about things they don't want the public to know, that would be weird. I trust my government to tell me the truth.
>>
>>385990326

GMDX for sure. Revision is changes a lot of the levels and uses those fucking ugly ass models.
>>
>>385990326
>not biomod
>>
>>385990074
Again to reiterate, if they had the influence that Alex Jones implies they could kill them in a way that isn't seen as murder just an unfortunate car crash, mugging gone wrong or something else that wouldn't be questioned except by other conspiracy theorists, and they would do it before they gained wide attention not wait for him to gain followers and then have him killed. Some nobody on the internet makes a few claims and.then suffers an untimely staged death before he actually presents the proof
>>
>>385989709
Because there's a POSSIBILITY that someone would dig deeper. Alex Jones has a following, an admittedly not very sizeable one, but a following nonetheless. It's much safer and easier to coordinate smear campaigns with your 5 other buddies that own all the international news stations than send a squad of hitmen to bust down his door and gun him down/rig his car to explode/fill his house with hydrogen monoxide/whatever.

>>385990065
>There are conspiracies in real life but they don't have near complete control of the world, usually it's shit like nepotism, price fixing, and cronyism but it is never supergovernmental
Look man, I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but you are very naive if you think governments don't interact in secret, or that people like George Soros who can collapse small countries via pulling his investments in their economy totally likes wimmenz rights and doesn't have some kind of agenda.
>>
File: 1460757955420.jpg (159KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
1460757955420.jpg
159KB, 500x612px
>>385989091
Your pretty much exactly right, although I am quite convinced even he himself is a plant used to discredit a lot of theories. He talks about the ones (((they))) want him too and he does it is comical and ways and by doing so makes him and the theory look crazy. Also he doesn't talk about anything really substantial, i'm not really that into the stuff but that whole pizzagate thing had a lotta wierd stuff going on but he basically refused to talk about it. All this stuff is just crazy, kinda makes you wish this twisted game could just be reset huh?
>>
File: Dk6lGAK.jpg (87KB, 772x397px) Image search: [Google]
Dk6lGAK.jpg
87KB, 772x397px
>>385987862
>implying it's the jews at the top
You're not thinking simple enough, you need to go deeper.
>>
File: really makes you think.jpg (41KB, 240x314px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.jpg
41KB, 240x314px
>>385990614
>wow why is it everyone who talks about conspiracy theories dies in some mysterious way?
vs
>They are just tinfoil idiots, ignore them

>>
>>385989854
Great gameplay, but unfortunately the ending poses more questions than answers and that actually pissed me off a bit. I'd hoped the DLC might shed some light but so far not much has been answered
>>
>>385990516
Just checked it. Balancing augs seems like a good idea but

>In addition to the augmentation system, BioMod also makes some general gameplay changes, such as the addition of pickpocketing, an autosave feature, achievement-like challenges, and a Thief style ledge grabbing system.

...why?
>>
the premise of this thread lays upon the assumption that alex jones is stupid

do you, op, assume that alex jones is stupid?
>>
>>385990614
>they could kill them in a way that isn't seen as murder just an unfortunate car crash, mugging gone wrong or something else that wouldn't be questioned except by other conspiracy theorists

They did that in DC, except they fucked up and forgot that the only people that get killed in "muggings" in DC are other blacks and they forgot to take the wallet of the "mugging" victim.

https://mpdc.dc.gov/node/1133867

One of these unsolved murders is not like the other, only one of them is white. And only one of them was connected to the DNC. And he was killed in a "robbery" where his wallet and money were left.
>>
>start mankind divided "new game plus"
>it just gives you a shitload of free praxis, as though the game wasn't easy enough already
>>
>>385990721
wait my bad, I mean your thinking is too simple
>>
>>385990776
it fixes the augs without fucking up the game too badly. other mods do much worse
>>
>>385990190
What would they be waiting around for? Where there may be some conspiracies they certainly aren't the way he claims they are otherwise they'd have the influence to do it
>>
File: 1499747692642.png (381KB, 610x699px) Image search: [Google]
1499747692642.png
381KB, 610x699px
>>385990715
Interesting theory, but I was also thinking that him being so comical is a defense mechanism. After all, if the media has no clips of him freaking out and ripping his shirt off, then they have to address and actually properly debunk his theories with evidence. When they can't do that, maybe those cabalites will actually consider an unfortunate accident.

Alex Jones is a smart guy. He's spent a long time on the battlefield, but he knows he isn't invincible.
>>
>>385990990
hm i might play that after all
>>
Not OP, and maybe it's because I grew up when Russia was called the Soviet Union, but in my father's and grandfather's time if you stirred up shit you weren't even publicly murdered and made to look like an accident. You just disappeared one day, and no one really questioned it because it could just as easily happen to them. That enough was incentive for people to not say anything.

The idea that you need to discredit someone or make it look like an accident seems silly to me. If someone's a problem, you just remove them. I mean, what is anyone going to do about it? We know how high up the chain this goes, and if you're saying something, they'll know.
>>
There isn't a super secret shadow cabal ruling the entire world, and if there was, they certainly wouldn't possess cutting-edge tech that allows them to create physical, completely realistic and human waifus from thin-air, nope, if someone told you that they were lying. Anyway, nice thread OP.
>>
>>385990674
Yes countries do interact with one another but there aren't 5 people calling the shots almost uncontested across the globe.there's no way power is that consolidated in reality. There are probably intergovernmental conspiracies but not supergovernmental control of ALL of the world's governments
>>
File: 1494744310069.png (18KB, 643x427px) Image search: [Google]
1494744310069.png
18KB, 643x427px
>want a deus ex thread
>it's more /pol/ than deus ex

where are my le funny lemon lime memes at
>>
>>385991204
if anyone had access to that kind of technology they wouldn't worry about ruling the world anymore
>>
>>385990674
WW1 happened specifically because Bismarck failed in creating a secretive NWO and it all fell apart once he was sacked.
>>
File: 1500518014702 (1).png (397KB, 599x403px) Image search: [Google]
1500518014702 (1).png
397KB, 599x403px
>>385991164
YOU FIRED UP? COME SHOOT ME DOWN
>>
File: media_consolidation.jpg (193KB, 935x700px) Image search: [Google]
media_consolidation.jpg
193KB, 935x700px
>>385991328
>but there aren't 5 people calling the shots almost uncontested across the globe.there's no way power is that consolidated in reality
>>
Alex jones has had lots of people threaten him and has shown a lot of seemingly genuine apprehension and fear to talk about or continue endorsing certain conspiracies, like pizza gate
>>
>>385991442
Anon I know Americans like to think their country is the whole world, but there are other countries and yes other rival companies out there. Bamco-Namco for instance controls basically half of Japan, and it doesn't really have reach in any other country.
>>
>>385990326
>revision
It is like that Half-Life 2 mod that adds ferns everywhere. Also adds terrible music and models that somehow look worse than the originals. Don't bother with it.
>GMDX
Adds new areas which are fun, but their attempt at balancing is incredibly wonky and oftentimes strange. The AI is greatly improved, except the times when it is even worse.
>>
>>385990725
Seriously? Did you read the post, they wouldn't let them be well known and then kill them, they'd kill them before any credible theories/proof is produced. Some random fucker posts shit and they take them out before they could be publicly associated with conspiracy theories at all. There are people that resist the illuminati/MJ12 in the Deus Ex series but they try their best to remain anonymous because well exposure usually means death
>>
>>385990990
but GMDX already does that and more
>>
>>385991921
>implying less is not more
>>
>>385990998
Because without the concrete facts he's not a threat.
>>
>>385991195
The Soviet Union didn't really care much about their image so there's no need to make it look like an accident, the Illuminati always tries to make sure nobody questions the official story because them being exposed could cause them to lose control. Also depending on the location they also snatch/erase people if they're not widely known or won't be missed
>>
>>385986268
Alex Jones is a massive tard, there's no need to kill a useful idiot who discredits more competent conspiracy theorists
>>
>>385991536
Are you joking, dude? Look up "A Mapping Study of Media Concentration and Ownership in Ten European Countries" by David Ward. Britain has the most plurality in media companies, and even then three of the companies account for 69.9% of all viewership and revenue in the country. Media consolidation exists everywhere.
>>
>>385991993
exactly, meaning that he must be wrong about what he's saying at least the way he says it
>>
>>385991664
>Instantly as your typing out conspiracy theories online you are killed by hidden ninjas in your closet

>>
>>385991442
>television
>newspapers
>radio
>unironically
do people still do this
>>
>>385992467
No, now they just read the headlines put out by these six companies on Twitter.
>>
>>385992371
I'm NOT saying the conspiracies are true, my post is saying that IF they actually were true he wouldn't be able to go around freely talking about the stuff they want to keep secret without some consequences
>>
>>385986268
They don't need to silence the conspiracy theories, they just need to discredit them and mock them in the public eye. That way anyone who believes in them is sort of ostracized and never taken seriously, and is no threat.

You achieve subconscious silencing of opposing ideas this way, no need to do it explicitly.
>>
>>385992618
>there will never be any evidence of said conspiracy theory or how every time someone posts about the theory they always die.

>>
>>385992618
Just because a few people have managed to consolidate enough power to personally affect global politics doesn't mean they've suddenly become psychic or able to monitor what over 2 billion people on the internet say and do. Shit is bound to slip.
>>
File: JohnOliver.jpg (378KB, 1848x817px) Image search: [Google]
JohnOliver.jpg
378KB, 1848x817px
>>385992347
>>385986268
Are you a brainlet? Why would they kill the humble water-filter merchant when he's already been publicly smeared as a crazy and a loon? If they kill him they would just draw attention to themselves. Also go back to plebbit and keep circle-jerking Last Cuck Tonight.
>>
>for every sensible theory there is 10 crazy ones pumped out. cant find the truth if its burried in a sea of shit.

let that sink in.
>>
>>385993292
Holy fuck
>>
>>385987745
the only people worth removing are those with legit incriminating evidence that are ready to expose shit without flair. Everyone else can be discredited or blackmailed into silence, much easier than killing
>>
>>385986268
The X Files answered this before
>killing or silencing them makes martyrs of them
>conspiracy theorists are easily duped into spreading false info or "fake news" to discredit themselves
>the people who are conspiracy theorist are easily seen as loon, so even if something legit came along, you just ad hominem
Theres more, seriously watch the X Files.
>>
File: 1494048776616.png (604KB, 1179x942px) Image search: [Google]
1494048776616.png
604KB, 1179x942px
Corporations and intelligence agencies like the CIA basically want to rule the world.
>>
File: delta green.png (165KB, 284x373px) Image search: [Google]
delta green.png
165KB, 284x373px
>>385993714
I was just thinking how the TTRPG Delta Green has a similar premise. Basically just have a dedicated branch that sends conspiracy theorists on wild goose chases that a. distract them and b. discredit them.
>>
>>385986268

You're not all that smart, are you, anon?

Your logic is retarded.
>>
>>385986268
any incriminating evidence of any "shadow government" or secret corporate cabal is immediately drowned out if released, or people holding it are blackmailed and accused so that it never gets released or if it does then the person that did release it is buried.
>>
THEY KNOW

DELET THIS
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>385986268
why would anyone want to kill alex jones? He's a charlatan. The people that are at risk of getting themselves killed are investigative reporters, and people involved in stuff like wikileaks.
>>
>>385986268
Anyone who takes Alex Jones seriously is a certifiable retard. Especially the ones who buy his overpriced placebo products.
>>
>>385996170
>using bioelectric cells to recharge your augs like a good goy
>not using super male vitality
>>
>>385995234
Do you have a refutation based on logic or facts? Or is ad hominem attack the only thing you can bring to bear?
>>
>>385990614
The only true sway people like alex jones will ever have is to sway election opinion and purchases of super male vitality
>>
>>385997292
Literally this entire thread has been people refuting your arguments via logic. Nice of you to single out this one guy who used ad hominem though.
>>
>>385986268
Alex Jones has an audience of only 2 million people. People who would believe conspiracy theories even without Alex. If you controlled a world population of 7 billion people then 2 million is nothing. Not to mention arabs, africans, and slavs are extremely paranoid and prone to conspiracies. So if they were to follow your logic and kill Jones to hide the truth then they would need to do the same with hundreds of millions of other people which would be impossible to hid.
>>
>>385986268
really?

if someone is insane with theories and no fucking concrete proof, would ANYONE believe them?

no!
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.